Inactive chart icon

In a shared folder I have many .xls files.  On some the chart icon i
grayed out.On others it works normally. None of the help screens ha
helped

Probably those workbooks are shared, which means that lots of features
aren't available. For more information, look in Excel's Help, under
"Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

how do i create a pie chart for a survey analysis?
i do not know how to enter data in the worksheet? ...

create chart from non adjacent range
I need to know how to do this Select one area, then hold CTRL while selecting the next area, etc. Then run the Chart Wizard as usual. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "rita" <rita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18C9672C-0EAB-401C-8798-4C51158EAF8B@microsoft.com... >I need to know how to do this ...

Excel 2007
I am using Office 2007 Beta 2 version and I am having problems with Excel. I am unable to copy a sheet with a chart in it. Below is the procedure: 1. Create new book 2. right-click sheet 1 tab 3. Insert , then insert a chart 4. right-click chart 1 tab 5. choose move or copy... 6. copy chart 1 to the end of this work book. I cannot create a copy of the chart. Is this considered a bug in Excel 2007? If it is, do you know any links to sites that I may use as references? Thank you! Lots of bugs in Beta 2 especially with charts, I'm told If its any consolation, I cannot copy a chart ...

Pictures in Charts
I am using pictures as fill in my Excel charts. The problem I am having is that after I "Select" the picture in in the Fill Effects - Picture tab, the other options are not available. Ex: Format - Stretch and especially the Apply to - Sides - Front - End. I want the picture to be one continuous image and right now it is replicated on the sides Without sending me code - obviously, I am not at that skill level - can anyone tell me how to fix my problem Thanks in advance Also if someone would answer Jen regarding the spot color in Excel - I would be really interested in that mysel...

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

Stacked/clustered column chart with a two vertical axes
Much has been discussed here about how to build this chart, but I haven't found anything explaining the possibility of combining it with a second y axis. I want to graph the advertising expenditure and gross rating points (what would be the return of investment on advertising) on television for three diaper brands by day part. Day parts would be represented by the different colors of which columns will consist. There are 5 of them: day, early, prime, late and over. For each brand, I want that two data columns show. The one to the right will represent the expenditure in $ and the one to the...

Chart won't show zero percent
I am doing a pie chart using a quick style design that shows the lines in between the different percentages. Some of the charts show a percentage with the lines when the value is zero and two of my charts erase all but one of the lines when a zero is placed in one of the cells. What's up with that? and How do I correct it? Since with zero value the lines of the pie would be on top of each other, I am not sure what one would expect to see! best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "PURVIANCE" <PURVIANCE...

Charting with zeros or DIV/0 values
Hi - this might have an easy solution, but I'm a bit stuck. I've created a spreadsheet for data entry by another party. This data will be entered on a monthly basis and I only want to update it occasionally. So, I have control charts set up with the basic formulae (percent, mean, upper and lower control limits) in there. I was wondering if there was any way to have all of this data in the range of the chart without having the chart bottom out (i.e. plotting zeros). For example, my columns _might_ look something like this: Date.........Total...Defects...%ofDefects...Mean....UCL....

Formatting all data series in a chart
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel If I, for example, want to add value labels to all series in a chart (or change line width or anything else that normally would be similar for all series in a chart), I have to select each one and make the change for each of them. <br><br>Is there a way to target all data series at once? (I would expect shift-click or cmd-click to select multiple series, but that doesn't work.) ...

Clear Formatting Icon
I have a client who has a template with Arial 20 pt regular as the default font, with all the master text in Arial. When she clicks the clear formatting icon, the text changes to Helvetica, Grey, 36pt, bold. She checked the master slides to see if it was picking up Helvetica from any of the place holders there, but that's not the casse. Does anyone know where the Helvetica might be coming from? She's using PowerPoint 2007. Thanks! Might be coming from the default shape or textbox. If you create a new manual textbox, what font is used? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http:...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

Using offset in series values of a chart
I have 1 named range created with the offset function on sheet(1): Month=offset($A$1,0,0,counta($A:$A),1) Simple to use as the x-as categories in a chart. For the y-axis I want to use data which can be offset 1, 2, up to 20 columns. Yes I can create 20 named ranges but to do that for 20 sheets in my workbook gets cumbersome. Therefor my question: Can I use the offset function in the series values, like: =offset(Month,0,7) In VBA it it can be done with: ..SeriesCollection(2).Values = Month.Offset(0, 17) But then I have to create one macro for each graph...again cumbersome. Please help. T...

How can I place the legend next to the data point on a chart?
In Excel 2003 there was an place the legend next to a data point. I just upgraded to Office 2007 and can not find this option. Hi, Select the data labels and right click. Format Data Labels to bring up the Format dialog. Select Label Options in the list. The 3rd section has the checkbox 'Include legend key in label' Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "LW52" <LW52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECE67856-47D5-4C87-A13B-637353098E7D@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003 there was an place the legend next to ...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

Charting problem
Hello All, I have a range of cells (2 columns, say A2:B200), this is my plottin range. But when the data is added I want the chart to adjust itself t include new data in plot range. Is there any method I can do this? Thanks Syed Azi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hello All, > I have a range of cells (2 columns, say A2:B200), this...

Bar Chart #6
Hi All I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to show how many meet the target? In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but this will not work with a bar chart Any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann opps forgot to say using Excel 2003 "rexmann" wrote: > Hi All > > I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or > target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar cha...

Automatic Dynamic Chart Ranges
Hi: I have an XY plot that refers to a set range of values on my worksheet In this case, it is 8 rows long. I chose 8 rows because that is th maximum number of data points that I will ever need. I have set up th chart values so that they are dynamically calculated based on VLOOKUP from other data. Sometimes there are only 2 data points, sometimes or 6. The problem is that no matter how I set up the formulas, Exce does not like the cells without values in them being included in th chart series (I have hardwired it to include all 8 rows). I thought i might ignore a blank ("" in ...

Sending Chart as Snapshot Format
How I can send pivot chart as Snapshot Format? Or how I can send pivot chart by email ( I use send object in macro) but when I select form then there was not output format as Snapshot what should I do? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You might also try printing to a PDF. There are several free PDF creators including CutePDF: http://www.cutepdf.com and one excellent inexpensive program, Win2PDF: http://www.win2pdf.com -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Reza via AccessMonster.com" <u2845...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

Disabling Standard Icons
I am running Office 2003 and I want to assign a error message to the SAVE icon on the StandardToolbar to disable the standard save function to get the user to use another save button that I have set up on the spreadsheet. I know it can be done because I have it on a spreadsheet someone else set up but I cannot find where they set it up. It needs to be done in such a way that when I send the document (spreadsheet) to other Pc's it will still be setup. Any help would be most apprciated. Look in the macros on the example workbook. Learning wrote: > I am running Offic...

How can I create a sunken icon in the status bar??
Hi, I creates the indicator, but everytime i tried to create the icon, the sunken shape is missing. How can I create the sunken shape??? My code is: In CMainFrame::OnCreate: m_wndStatusBar.SetPaneInfo(5,ID_ICON,SBPS_NORMAL,30); And then, In update event, I enter the icon (the icon can be changed.) m_StatusIcon.Create(&m_wndStatusBar, ID_ICON, WS_VISIBLE | SS_ICON | SS_CENTERIMAGE); HICON icon = (HICON)::LoadImage(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_SECURED), IMAGE_ICON, 16, 16, LR_SHARED); m_StatusIcon.SetIcon(icon); (I use the classes that was in the codeguru) ...

Side by side stacked bar chart
Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. Hi, See Jon Peltier's page on cluster stacked column chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy JRW523 wrote: > Is it possible to do a chart that has side by side stacked bars for different > periods? For example, I want to compare quarterly profits for the years 2004 > and 2005. I am using MS Excel 2003. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://...

getting rid of the standard mfc icon (in taskbar)
i made an application based on mfc, and used the standard mfc icon up until now. i thought changing it would be a simple task. in the resource editor i got rid of all mfc icons in various resolutions, and replaced it with my own icon in 3 different resolutions. it does work in almost all the places: the main window is shown with the correct icon, the taskbar shows correctly with the icon, even MessageBox() shows the icon now, but as soon as i do open a MessageBox while my main-window is shown, the counter in taskbar moves up to two (you know how windows xp groups together tasks with th...

Using a named range as a data source for a chart
Hi, I'm trying to build a chart that that has a named range as its data source. The named range refers to a table that is 2x3 and is called geographydata. Is there any way that I can have the source data for the graph to be geographydata? Thanks! Michael You can enter the name, preceded by the worksheet name and exclamation point, for the data range, but Excel will convert this name to its cell address. If you want the chart to be dynamic as the name changes its size, you have to define a name for each series' data. This will not dynamically change the number of series in the ch...