In mixed bar and line chart. I cannot change one of my source da.

In mixed bar and line chart.  I cannot change one of my source data from a
bar to a line.  Can you help?

Change from symbol language to english
Hi There, My issue is that when I open word documents from a certain person, they come out looking like a whole heap of "goobly gook" and are totally unreadable. I'm using Word 2003 and am not sure what version he's using. Eg of Goobly Gook: !šˆ–\"EÑÎÌÎÎnÒɶ*£5ø ­ÉØ8 ± Œ´J›EÆ>f/ñ=‹ £Di Now I know he's not writing to me in a foreign language of any sort, and he's not using a special code that only we know, so how can I fix this so it's readable in...

Chart Series Line Editing before building
I have a client chart that graphs data over multiple years. Each year data is in it's own worksheet and I have pre-defined these data ranges to automatically build the line graph charts as the client enters the data. These charts are then built on a seperate worksheet by month for the client. My problem. How do I change the line in the graph, both color and format, before the chart series even builds. For instance, for say January 2005, which has not had data entered yet, the default line that will build is thin and a light blue, hard to see on screen. I want a heavy, dark green, smo...

Category color changes when changing values.
When I copy a chart I get two identical ones. When I change the values of one of the charts and sort the values, Excel changes the colors of the categories to a preset order, so that the color of the biggest customer in chart 1 is not the same as this same customer (let's say now on the third place) in chart 2. Is there a way to prevent this? ...

Change Account Setup
How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates? I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates, and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in question. The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore. (I use M05 btw). -- Joaneee "SEABEE" wrote: > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual&quo...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Change a series w/ a ComboBox
I would like to change a range name refernced in a charted series by using a control combobox so that if i want to see a differnt series, all i have to do is select it. I was thinking of using a lookup function that refernces the numerical output of the control but the series formula won't read the formula or a cell reference as text. =SERIES(OAS!$A$11,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'! DATE,'Index-HistoricalPricing ML Vers 2.xls'!Chemicals,1) Chemicals is the range name, is there a way to replace it with a formula or cell refernce. I can probably code this b...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

Custom entities and attributes Off Line
Hi, Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook client... Pl advice... regards Hi, Yes, you can access custom entities and attributes when you are offline on the Laptop client. Please remember to specify what data you want to sync in Local Data Groups in the Outlook client. HTH, Niths "S" wrote: > Hi, > > Just wanted to confirm that all customizations (like new attributes and > entities) can also be taken off line with the lap top edition of the outlook ...

Problem with "Application.Goto Reference" code line
In my Workbook_Open() subroutine, I run the following line of code: Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), scroll:=True This code works okay, but whenever I mark my "Sheet1" as hidden, the code no longer works. The error message that I get is Run-Time Error 1004 - Method 'Goto' of Object '_Application' Failed. Is there any way to use that line of code on a hidden sheet?? thanx The sheet needs to be visible for that code to work. "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...

Incorporating Several Formulas into one
Hi there, I have a variety of formulas spread over 3 cells. They ar as follows: E3 =TEXT(D3-C3,"h:mm") F3 =((E3-INT(E3))*24) G3 =ROUNDUP(F3,1). How would I incorporate these into one large formula, in one cell? Thanks in advance, simonstevens3 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try G3=ROUNDUP(MOD(D3-C3,1)*24,1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "simonstevens35 >" <<simonstevens35.16xonb@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:simonstevens35.16xonb@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi there, > I have a variety of form...

create bar in timeline like a Gantt
I would really appreciate your help. I have a weird one! I have built a horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. VBA code collects the start and end dates of a date range. How can I build a bar on the row below the time line, like in a Gantt chart? I would also like to put a name within the bar. Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for creating the bar. Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them wi...

Signatures have stopped changing
I have 3 email addresses with 3 ISP's coming into Outlook. I have created 3 different signature files for each one. Until last week when I opened up a new message to create an email and then changed the account that it was going to go out on, the signature that was attached at the bottom of the blank message changed to the appropriate file. However this has now stopped and I cannot get the appropriate signature file to be attached to the bottom of the message. The only one that comes up is the file that is attached to the default email address. Thanks in advance for your help....

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

Change opening postion /Form
From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to open higher on my Main Form, Thanks for any Help.....Bob On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote: > From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main > Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to > open higher on my Main Form, > Thanks for any Help.....Bob Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help. DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440 will position a form 2 inch...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Line weights
Once that I set the line weight in a column to bold or whaever I like, and I save, I notice that if I delete a row or copy to a row from another worksheet, the line wight that I have in my new worksheet dissapears and changes to something else. How can I save my line settings so it would stay put and would not change in the future? Thanks. ...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

Sharing chart on two pages
Hello, I have a worksheet where I put some datas and then under this datas is a chart. Place taken by this data isn't static - once there is more datas and the other time there is more datas. I have problem with this chart, because sometimes chart is shared between two pages on printing. Is there a possibility to use something like property "keep together" in crystal reports where object is printed whole on one page (if there is no enough place it's started pritnting on next page)? Maybe somebody knows how to do it in macro if there is no appropriote property -- Bes...

Tracking Changes

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

Copy Distribution List from One Computer to Another
Hi Folks - I have seen various methods for accomplishing this, but none seem to help me. Our company uses Outlook 2003 in a NON Exchange Server environment. I have seen a method for copying distribution lists within a Exchange server environment, but it does not work in our environment. Any ideas? Thanks. Michael Michael <info@homekeyinc.com> wrote: > Hi Folks - I have seen various methods for accomplishing this, but > none seem to help me. Our company uses Outlook 2003 in a NON Exchange > Server environment. I have seen a method for copying distribution > lists with...

Changing mind about sending message
How does one cancel a sent message? I changed my mind about one that I sent and now I want to cancel it. I can do this with Internet Explorer, but can't seem to find the option in Outlook Express. Thanks. Shari Next time, post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from the MIcrosoft Office suite - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. AFAIK, Outlook Express does not have support for message recall and only Outlook when using an Exchange server has a somewhat flaky message recall function. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...