Importing text to chart based on link to cell

I am attempting to link a cell from my spread sheet to a
text box in my chart, but have been unable to do so.  Does
anyone know how or if this is possible.

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:59:29 -0800, Stephen <stephen.szyndrowski@telus.co=
m> =

wrote:

> I am attempting to link a cell from my spread sheet to a
> text box in my chart, but have been unable to do so.  Does
> anyone know how or if this is possible.

Select the chart, then click in the formula bar (above the chart, next t=
o =

the little "fx"), type the equal sign, then click on the cell that you =

wish to reference.  A formula like =3DSheet1!A1 should appear in the for=
mula =

bar.  Hit enter and you should have the dynamic text box on your chart. =
 =

Move and format as desired.

-- =

Dave
dvt at psu dot edu
0
dvt_spam (111)
11/7/2003 10:00:34 PM

dvt wrote:
> Select the chart, then click in the formula bar (above the chart, next
> to the little "fx"), type the equal sign, then click on the cell that
> you wish to reference.  A formula like =Sheet1!A1 should appear in the
> formula bar.  Hit enter and you should have the dynamic text box on your
> chart.  Move and format as desired.

This also works with axis titles, chart titles, and data labels.  Select
the individual text element to be linked (two single clicks, not a
double click, for a data label), type =, then click in the target cell.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

import a 123 file

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Public Folder link to Excel File

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets