Importing data from several sheets, to one chart

I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet).
I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named
Pernille) :
=Pernille!$AS$10
I tried this :
=Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10
But the reference was not valid.
Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning.

Martin,

Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a
summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with
formulas.  If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the
chart using the summary range as your source.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Martin Thorgaard" wrote:

> I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet).
> I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named
> Pernille) :
> =Pernille!$AS$10
> I tried this :
> =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10
> But the reference was not valid.
> Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning.
hehe, thx....of course.....
Have a nice day

"John Mansfield" skrev:

> Martin,
>
> Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a
> summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with
> formulas.  If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the
> chart using the summary range as your source.
>
> ----
> Regards,
> John Mansfield
> http://www.pdbook.com
>
> "Martin Thorgaard" wrote:
>
> > I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet).
> > I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named
> > Pernille) :
> > =Pernille!$AS$10
> > I tried this :
> > =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10
> > But the reference was not valid.
> > Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning.

Unable to populate a CStringList with data from another CStringLis
I am not able to populate a CStringList with data from another CStringList in an MFC application using VC++ 6.0. Any help would be appreciated. This is the MFC code from the view. It captures multiple file names from a File Open dialog and stores them in a local CStringList. The view then passes a reference to the CStringList to the document. void CVSD_INPUTSView::OnWetdep() { CStringList fileNames; POSITION pos; char* title = "Wet Deposition File Open Dialog"; CString filter = "DATA FILES (*.prn) |*.prn;| ALL FILES (*.*) |*.*; ||\0"; CWet_File openWetDep...

set datalabel font size for all charts in a row
Hi, This Sub doesn't work (why?) I have a number of chartobjects with different numbers of datalabels and seriecollections. How can I change font size for all charts and datalabels in seriescollections all in a row? Sub SetFonts() Dim chtobj As ChartObjects Dim scol As SeriesCollection Dim dl As DataLabel For Each chtobj In ActiveSheet For Each scol In chtobj For Each dl In scol With dl.Font .Name = "Arial" .FontStyle = "Fet" .Size = 16 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = Fa...

Chart Indexes
I am embedding many charts onto an excel spreadsheet. Visual Basic program stops at index 49 each time. Is there a way to reset maximum number of embeddable charts. It may help if you turn off the AutoScaling. Jon Peltier has information on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html aNdYR wrote: > I am embedding many charts onto an excel spreadsheet. > Visual Basic program stops at index 49 each time. Is > there a way to reset maximum number of embeddable charts. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextur...

Levy jennings chart
does anyone know if you can plot a levy jennings chart using excel 2007 thanks Start your search here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "marnie" <marnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB259E4F-2F07-4312-B072-CA79DBA42701@microsoft.com... > does anyone know if you can plot a levy jennings chart using excel 2007 > thanks Bernard wrote on Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:48:33 -0300: > Start your search here: > http://peltiert...

How not to draw cells with formula but no value in Excel charts?
Can anyone please help? I have a chart referring to a table of cells with formulae pointing to other worksheets. Those worksheets are captured and created periodically (every 30 min). When the sheets are not created, the formulae will check their absence and display "" (empty value). Once the sheets are created, the wanted value would be extracted and displayed. However, with empty value, the chart will treat it as zero and draw it. How may I skip those cells and not draw them? I now have to delete the formula and copy back the formula when the referenced sheets are...

lines between data points
I created a chart in an earlier version of Excel (probably Excel 97). The Chart has one data series ploted as a line chart with data points and lines between the datapoint visible. In the original version of the chart I was able create a break in the line by simply turning off the line for a particular selected data point. When I recieved Excel 2002, the charts I had created earlier looked different. Now instead of a break in the line, there is a line which points from the last datapoint with a line to the next data point with a line, skiping any datapoints that have thier lines d...

Compare 2 rows of data and update the first
I have 2 lists both have the same data in each (account names). Th first list is the master and the second list is a new accounts list. I would like to compare the second list to the first one and if th account is not in the first list then I would like it added to list 1. The second list changes frequently so I am looking to automate thi process. I am able to do vlookups to check for matches but I am unsure of how t perform the additional tasks of updating. Is there a simple solution with formulas or do I need to insert macro/program? thank you for your time and help, Bob -- Message ...

how to make a chart with data from all the pages in a workbook?
I have a workbook with eleven pages, how do I make a chart with the data across all eleven pages? Jon Peltier has instructions for creating charts from data on different sheets: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartDataFromDifferentSheets.html Data across workbook pages wrote: > I have a workbook with eleven pages, how do I make a chart with the data > across all eleven pages? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Chart.Export throws COMException (0x800A03EC)
I can't get past this error. I'm using C#, creating a chart and want to export it. I've seen this here http://www.hightechtalks.com/csharp/chart-export-throws-comexception-0x800a03ec-235007.html But it doesn't give any steps to rectify the issue. Anyone have any ideas? I see that this is a pretty old post, but I just ran into the same issue and took me a while but finally figured out the solution. The Sintax for the Export method of the Chart object is: expression.Export(Filename, [FilterName], [Interactive]) as described at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa1...

2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big
i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying the file is too big. As posted here on a daily basis, you dont import native outlook data, you open the data file(s) within outlook Data files should be located on the HD, eg Documents folder, with read only attribute off "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE496F7-CC2C-4BA2-8CED-D984361C8ED7@microsoft.com... >i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on > anot...

Is it possible to host one domain in two servers?
Hello all, I'm currently working on adding a new server in a new branch location. Right now I have SBS 2003 and it's working fine. The people in the branch will just VPN in to retreive their emails. As that branch grows, there's a need for a faster email. I'm planning to add a new Exchange server on that branch machine. Is there a way to separate mailboxes to two different servers under one domain? For example: person1@domain.com will go to server1.domain.com and person2@domain.com will go to server2.domain.com. Thanks, Jerry Generally speaking, yes, Exchange definitely al...

How do I set up formula to copy format from one worksheet to anoth
How do I set up a formula to copy both value and format from one worksheet to another? When I use the = sign, it copy the value only. How do I get the format be copied also? you can't "link" the formatting in the same way as you link the contents what you need to do is to copy all the cells in your sheet X A B C ... 1 2 click on the grey square which I have illustrated with the X this selects all the cells in the sheet press control-C (copy) go to your new sheet and select the same X square now do edit > paste special > format / column width. if you are doin...

Rotate several elements
Hi, I have a problem which I need to solve in Publisher. I'm using a template regularly to place pictures and overlaid text boxes on an A3 document, which will be folded to create an A4 leaflet. The pictures and text on the front page is therefore 180 degrees rotated so that it looks correct when folded - no problem so far. The next thing I need to do AFTER printing a hard copy is to create a PDF file which is emailed to clients, in this document however the document is only viewed on screen (not printed) naturally I therefor need to rotate all components ( text boxes and images) thoroug...

not deleting tasks even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...

Money 2000 Data File Not Converting Into Money 2007
When I open my old Money 2000 data file in Money 2007, Money offers to - and subsequently goes through the process to - convert it to Money 2007 format. It says that it's completed successfully, yet after it's finished, nothing's there !! No accounts, no bills - nothing !! And the original file has been changed or replaced (thank God I have backups !!!) because it won't go through the conversion process a second time if I try to open the file again. I haven't been able to apply SP1 and SP2 (see my other post in this forum) so I don't know if this issue is fixe...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

? Scraping XML data from web page
I have a web browser object that points to a web page that has XML data on it. How do I take that text and save it into a file? If I do webBrowser.DocumentText, it gives me the code that creates the Xml document displayed on the page (doesn't look like HTML either), so How can I directly get the text that is displayed on the web page? ...

Data Validation #4
In excel I want to validate a cell where no more than 14 digits should be entered. And I want another cell to be validated to be entered as text only and any number should be restricted? Please help me with this. Not sure how to do it. Thanks Select cell1 and DV>Allow>Whole Number 0 to 14 Select cell2 and Allow>Custom =ISTEXT(cell2) Where cell2 is your cell reference like A1 Note: this does not prevent someone entering a number preceded by an apostrophe which Excel thinks is text. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 12:54:04 -0700, Liz <Liz@discussions.micro...

create list to enter data in cell
What I want to do is: when I select a cell I want a list of choices to come up to choose from. I then pick the item and it is entered into the cell. I saw in one of excel websites and I cannot figure out how to do it. Would appreciate any help. Harvey Try this: Select the cell where you want this to happen Goto the menu Data>Validation Allow: List Source: the source can be a range of cells like =A1:A5 or you can type them in separated by a comma like Joe, Sue,Bob,Tom,Lisa Make sure In-cell drop down is checked OK out -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Harvey" <hsm162@cs....

Exporting CSV data and using semi colon instead of comma
Does anybody know of a way to export data in excel as a CSV file and use a semi colon(;) as the separator instead of a comma (,)? I can do it through a macro, but don't want to use that if I don't have to. Thanks Michel Try changing your Windows Regional settings. Windows Start Button|settings|Control Panel|Regional Settings Applet Number Tab|List separator Don't forget to change it back when you're done. It's a windows wide setting. And if you do decide to go the macro route: Earl Kiosterud wrote a text export program. It's available at: It's available...

Can't import JPG in Word or Powerpoint, windows 7
Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't import any of my jpgs. Any ideas??? Cortneyc If it was me, I'd re-install ms word and ms powerpoint (ms office?) cheers TAJ Simmons Powerpoint Wizard awesome graphics for powerpoint http://www.PresentationPictures.com powerpoint pictures, tutorials, free samples... "cortneyc" <cortneyc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743A157B-29FA-4AD9-BB0B-6A2CEE78B7B8@microsoft.com... > Just downloaded windows 7 and now microsoft word and powerpoint won't > impor...

Import/Merge PST file into existing mailbox
What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data hopefully without getting duplicates? Thanks for help! On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:48:13 -0800, Neilrahc <Neilrahc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing >Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data >hopefully without getting duplicates? > >Thanks for help! > Exmerge. There is an option to not create duplicates based upon mess...

exported excel charts and pdflatex #2
pdfLatex is compatible with jpg and pdf images, and real pdfs loo better than jpgs it seems. I found that the best way was to make a .p file of the chart by printing to a postscript printer, and the converting to pdf. All is done in vba (uses ghostscript) -- hk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=155 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26893 JPG is the wrong format for most charts anyway, being designed for photographic-type images with cont...

Insert data based on match
i need to search for an occurence and when found insert a comment in the next column. i.e. So when EW is found in column A the letters EW will be written into Column B Col A Col B Int EW Med EW Adv BC Any hints or help would be gratefully appreciated would a lookup table and using VLOOKUP() function be any good -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27037 ...

Deleting "hidden" charts on a worksheet
Hi everyone, I've been playing around w/ a worksheet that contains data and charts, inserting and removing multiple rows at a time. Unfortunately, I did not change the properties of the charts and they were all set to "Move and Size w/ Cells". When I deleted a series of rows, these charts disappeared and left a line across the spreadsheet where they used to be. I've tried everything to get rid of them (because they are now calculating incorrectly and giving me error messages), including deleting the rows where they appear, trying to select them on the sheet, but nothing w...