Implementing a Label with certain data in Chart

Dear All !

I have a data set plotted in Excel.

Is there any way to show automatically the minimum, maximum and median value
of this data set on the chart? (In a form of label or anything similar)
Minimum and maximum values are already part of data set.
Median value is a calculated value and is in another cell(not part of data
set).

Thank You in advance

0
Tim6814 (325)

I'd probably do this in a manner similar to what Jon Peltier shows here for
the Vertical Category Axis.

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

You could then create a custom format for each "Label" so that it displays
Minimum, Maximum or Median in the label.

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear All !
>
> I have a data set plotted in Excel.
>
> Is there any way to show automatically the minimum, maximum and median
> value
> of this data set on the chart? (In a form of label or anything similar)
> Minimum and maximum values are already part of data set.
> Median value is a calculated value and is in another cell(not part of data
> set).
>
> Thank You in advance

0
reply6075 (299)
9/6/2005 2:06:58 AM
Option 1: Put the min., max., and median in some column.  Add
appropriate labels in an adjacent column.  Add the 1st column as a new
series.  Use XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or Chart Tools (www.j-
walk.com) to add the label column to the 2nd series.

Option 2: Add the median value as a new point in the same series.  Put
appropriate labels for all data points in some column.  Actually there
would be only 3 cells with labels; the other cells would be empty.  Use
XY Chartlabeler or Chart Tools to do the needful.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <C5AD07A3-691F-4E58-BD6D-4F2AEF3BB3AE@microsoft.com>,
Tim@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> Dear All !
>
> I have a data set plotted in Excel.
>
> Is there any way to show automatically the minimum, maximum and median value
> of this data set on the chart? (In a form of label or anything similar)
> Minimum and maximum values are already part of data set.
> Median value is a calculated value and is in another cell(not part of data
> set).
>
> Thank You in advance

Couple suggestions:

   Run chart with mean and std dev (use min/max/median instead)
   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

   Special min/max formatting
   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tim wrote:

> Dear All !
>
> I have a data set plotted in Excel.
>
> Is there any way to show automatically the minimum, maximum and median value
> of this data set on the chart? (In a form of label or anything similar)
> Minimum and maximum values are already part of data set.
> Median value is a calculated value and is in another cell(not part of data
> set).
>
> Thank You in advance

Queries and Charts

pulling certain characters from a string of text
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? Hi, =left(a1,3) "SaraMack" wrote: > I need to look up "c...

Data migration - Adventure Works

Mem leak when implement Singleton pattern on CWinApp derived class
Coded my MFC app to have singleton pattern, my code looks like this: class CMyApp : public CWinApp { private: // static obj static CMyApp* MyAppInstance; // some other obj composed in this class COtherObj* obj; // private cons, I init the COtherObj here CMyApp() { obj = new COtherObj(); } public: // only way to access cons static CMyApp* GetInstance() { //check if already instantiated if( MyAppInstance == NULL) { MyAppInstance = new CMyApp(); } return MyAppInstance; } virtual int ExitInstance() { // I use ExitInstance to delete all ...

Updating a chart Automatically

line chart with NA() values

cannot ping certain workstations through hostnames
Hello We have a problem where certain pcs cannot be pinged through a VPN session. Please note that other pcs that are in the same DHCP scope can be pinged from a workstation connected to the VPN. I have tried to change the IP setting on the affected workstations to NetBios over TCP/IP, but that didn't work. The local windows firewall is disabled on all pcs (its set this way in group policy), so that isn't an issue. I have flushed the DNS tables on the "problem" pcs, but that didn't work either I am at a loss here....anyone have any thoughts? Something in...

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...

I Want a Warning Before Sending Email to Certain Contacts
Can someone tell me how to configure Outlook so that I will get a warning message before sending email to certain contacts? For example, I have certain contacts categorized as "adversary" or "client" and I would like Outlook to make me confirm that I do, in fact, want to send an email to anyone from those categories. The idea is to prevent myself (and colleagues) from accidentally sending an internal email to the wrong person because of Autocomplete, inadvertence, or some other mistake. Thanks in advance. Extra points for a firm-wide solution--something the s...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

Outlook 2003 on Exchange
Dear all, despite of searching for days now, I couldn't find a solution to the following problem: We are a 3-person team in a small news agency, that all three have access to a mailbox that is hosted on an exchange system. We use Outlook 2003 on our workstations. If we get new emails, we sort the ones out that are worthy to read later and drop them into a subfolder of that mailbox. Let's call that subfolder "to_check". The chief editor then checks this folder once a day and then deletes the emails or moves them further to other subfolders. Now, we have a new colleague in...

Source data, in Chart Menu, is grey and not accessible.
I set up a pivot table and designed a chart, saved and closed out of the workbook. Upon returning to work on this project, when selecting the chart menu to work with my source data, the source data is grey and not accessible. What might be causing this and can I correct it? It's a pivot chart. As soon as it's created, it's linked permanently to the pivot table, and you cannot change the source data. you cannot add more data that's not in the pivot table to the chart, nor can you remove data that is in the pivot table from the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

combination clustered column and stacked bar chart
I have data concerning the repair turn-around for three products over several months. There are two components to the turn-around time for any item, i.e., actual labor time and wait time. I want to graph this as a clustered column, each cluster representing the data for a given month and each bar in a cluster representing one of the products. Now for the tricky part: I want each of the bars to be stacked showing the relationship between the actual labor time and the wait time. John, I don't know if I'm fully understanding what you want. Possibly these two examples can hel...

Error in chart wizard
The following error occured in Excel 97: -> User clicked on chart wizard -> clicked the customer types tab and got the following errors one after the other: 1st - Microsoft Visual Basic Permission to use object denied 2nd - Microsoft Excel Error accessing user-defined custom chart file 3rd - Program error Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. This happened on more than one machine. I do not get this error message on my machine. I have a screenshot of the errors if it would help. Has...

How to run ajax implemented .Net 3.5 to an old version 2.0
Hi, I have developed a Web Application in .Net 2008 and implemented <asp:UpdatePanel /> in it. But now I am trying to build it in .Net Version 2.0. But it gives an error -- "Error 1 Unknown server tag 'asp:UpdatePanel' ". I have downloaded earlier version of AjaxControlToolKit, but it does not work. What I have to do to build this code in version 2.0 Thanks and Regard Dg The UpdatePanel is not part of 2.0 or the Ajax Toolkit. This is an additional "Ajax extension for 2.0" download... Also as 3.5 is just 2.0 plus additional stuff, I wo...

Chart of Accounts #4
We're looking to move to GP and currently have a 1 segment chart of account - we would like to change to a multi-segemtn chart. Can anyone point me to some documentation on ideas of how to set our chart up. Thanks! Andrea: I've done many chart of accounts setups over the years. The format I like is a 3 segment account number where the first segment is the "division", the second segment is the "main" account, and the third segment is the "department". Even if you don't need the "division" segment now, you may in the future. This format...

Pasting html table to Excel reformats certain values
Hi! When I paste an html table into Excel some cells are automatically formatted to a different datatype. My html table contains identifiers such as "6632/04" which I want to store as text. Excel assumes that data like this is some sort of date and displays "apr-32" instead when I paste the table. If I try to apply the text format to the column, Excel converts the values to some type of integer "1728420" which looks like it could be the integer value of the date. It isn't possible to get the original value back! How do I turn off Excels automatic formatting...