If there is no data i dont want the line to go down to 0%.

Hi,

If i have some data in percentage month by month. In some of the
months i dont have any data.

In this condition if I draw a line graph the line goes down to 0% and
again it comes up which create a wrong picture in the mind.

Is there any way by which if there is no data for that particular
month it should directly get connected to the next month.

Regards

Heera

Hi,

If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and
check,
Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as...

If the cell actually contain conditional formula use NA() instead of "" for
non data. This will interpolate the line but suppress the line marker.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Heera" <chavan2000@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If i have some data in percentage month by month. In some of the
> months i dont have any data.
>
> In this condition if I draw a line graph the line goes down to 0% and
> again it comes up which create a wrong picture in the mind.
>
> Is there any way by which if there is no data for that particular
> month it should directly get connected to the next month.
>
> Regards
>
> Heera

0
andy9699 (3616)
9/30/2008 2:40:09 PM
thanks a lot it worked out...

I am so happy......thank you.

select all data with shorcut key
Hi, do u know a shorcut key to select all data, but not to create a table. usually when i have thousands of rows and columns, if i want to select all rows i must go to the end of the document and select with mouse and shift. but isnt a fast and easy way to select all data? thanks luis reis If the data is contiguous and nothing else is touching it, you can use: F5|Special|Current region Or ctrl-shift-8 (ctrl-*) Lu�s Miguel Ramires Vieira Reis RAM wrote: > > Hi, > > do u know a shorcut key to select all data, but not to create a table. > > usually when i have thousa...

Corrupt money data file
I've posted this on the Money UK site but with no reaction ; I wonder if I can reach a larger audience on here - I'm desperate to sort this out, thanks. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On running Money, I received a message "Money has encountered a problem and needs to close" - no indication of what the problem was. I couldn't get past the splach screen I found article 836197 in the knowledge base which seems to covers this ; did what it advised, even to the extent of doing an uninstall and re-install, but ...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Analysing data from several excel workbooks
Hi, I'm totally new to excel and i need to analyse the changes in a funding position across several years in a seperate excel sheet. As in, submissions are made year on year showing the amount of revenue spent on several different services. I need to be able to compare how those have moved over the last 5 years in a single spreadsheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks To give a clear answer we would need a bit more detail of the data layout Give us a simplified version of what the data looks like Your 'subject' talks about different workBOOKS but the text of the ...

recovering data
Money 2000: Is there a way to recover data that was not backed up. I accidently deleted all deposits. When I used the restore file procedure all saved deposits were restored, but all deposits and withdrawals that hadn't been backed up were deleted. How can I get that work back? Thanks! Retype it all? I mean, seriously, if you type three pages to a document in Word that you last backed up a month ago, delete the three pages and then quit Word where are you? "ETHORN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e40d01c3f101$8989da00$a101280a@phx.gbl...

Managing Data Table
Hi, I need help to wrap the tex in Data Table. If any one knows how to do it, please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance. Yogesh Hi Yogesh What version of PowerPoint are you using? What kind of table is it and how did it get there (e.g. insert -> table, or a table connected with a graph)? If it's a graph, is it an Excel graph or an MSGraph graph? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yogesh" <Yogesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68FDA89-6289-4341-8886-54C580...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

Importing data #5
Hello, I have a workbook in Excel 2003 that I need some advice on please. The data used in the spreadsheet is collected online into a CSV file, this CSV file is imported into Excel onto a "Raw Data" worksheet. From this raw data several other worksheets need to access this raw data to prepare the reports required. I have the first report sheet designed and it picks up the data from the Raw Data sheet. The problem I need help with is updating the raw data; when I download a new file from our web site and refresh the data import the report worksheet does not update correctly. Fo...

Append Query
I have a table "Rates" with the following data: StartDate: 5/15/08 End Date: 6/23/08 Rate: $53 StartDate: 6/24/08 End Date: 7/15/08 Rate: $86 StartDate: 7/16/08 EndDate: 9/19/08 Rate: $99 I have another table "Transactions". I want to create an append query such that if I supply the StartDate and EndDate, the query will populate the "Transactons" table with date and rate data from the "Rates" table for each and every day within the date range. Example: If I supply the StartDate of 6/23/08 and the EndDate of 6/25/08, the query would pop...

Tutorial on line available?
Need to learn this fast. Is there an on line tutorial (free, of course) that I may use? Thanks in advance There are quite a few general ones, here's one: http://www.itts.ttu.edu/documentation/excel/excel2/exceltxti.html also, there are a lot of sites with useful information. John Walkenbach has a good list here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/ HTH tim "Semudemu" <Semudemu@aol.com> wrote in message news:03e201c34bd7$e55c9e50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Need to learn this fast. Is there an on line tutorial > (free, of course) that I may use? > Thanks in advance &...

How to combine/consolidate data
Hi, I am about to create an Excel file that should be used by custmers to place orders. On the first sheet, I would like to have a summary of the entire order, so the customer can see what he ordered. All data is organized in same sort of tables accross several sheets - each sheet representing different product group. So, lets say I have table organized like below: ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Product Price Order Prod1 10 1 Prod2 20 Prod3 20 2 And I have several of such tables on different sheets corresponding to each prodcut category. Now, on the first sheet, I w...

GP 9.0 and Fabrikam
I want to provide access to this test company. I see the company in the list when I start up GP Utilities, but it shows a lock beside it. How would I access it. Also, there is no option to create or re-create Fabrikam. Any direction appreciated. Dave Dave, It seems the sample company failed to be created the first time around, which will force you to check a few things: 1) Verify whether the TWO database was created on SQL Server. Open SQL Server Management Studio or Enterprise Manager and check in your databases to see if it has been created. If the database is present, you w...

Traspose Column data into Row
Hi, I want to transpose column data in to row. I have seen many posts (using INDEX or OFFSET functions) but all these solution assume a fixed block of data to be transposed, My problem is that the data i have not only has variable blocks to be transposed but also has some duplicate headings(headings are duplicate but the data in front of each heading has different value. Below is the example of data Col A Col B Col C PRODUCT COST COMPONENT COST$ A Raw Mat 10 A D L ...

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

how to create row with data
imagine i have two rows: name and color: mary blue ken brown will blue what i want is having, in another row, just the names that have blue eyes, like mary will thank you On Mon, 11 May 2009 17:26:04 -0700, rafael <rafael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >imagine i have two rows: name and color: >mary blue >ken brown >will blue > >what i want is having, in another row, just the names that have blue eyes, >like >mary >will Like: mary will or like: mary will ???? ty i have excel 2000 what i want is all names in a single row, wi...

data import and word templates missing from CRM
Hi. I'm working with a new install of CRM and there are some icons missing in the setttings area such as the import function on the data management page and word templates under templates. Any ideas about why this is? Thanks. ...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

Add lines to a renewed contract
Whenever I try to add a new contract line while renewing a contract (ie the customer has purchased an item during the year and the contract template is coverage dates), the system rejects the new line with "invalid coverage dates". Doesnt seem to matter what dates are entered. Please advise how to add new lines while renewing a contract. Thanks Prue ...

Question with local vs. remote (Exchange server) data
Can someone please explain something basic to me about the way Outlook works. I'm a Mac user and not familiar with this thing but now need to figure out how to synchronize it with a PocketPC PDA device. We've got Outlook on our PCs (W2K), connected to an Exchange server. So, I see my calendar and contacts, which I know live on the server. But when I sync my device, it ends up empty. Is there some sort of "local" (to my PC) data that it's using instead of the Exchange server's info? If so, where is it and how do I find it? If I could find it, I could copy the Exchan...

Business Portal 3.0 Breaks SQL Reporting Services
Hi, I had a box with Windows 2003 Server, running SQL 2005 with SQL Reporting Services up and running fine. SharePoint was also installed and running fine. Then I installed Business Portal and now SharePoint works, BP works but SQL Reporting Services is broke. I have done an uninstal and reinstall of SQL Reporting Services. Anyone see the error below or know what I should change? Server Error in '/Reports' Application Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the speci...

Bytes in Data Page Row
I am reading a book titled "Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Internals". In Chapter 6, which was authored by Kalen Delaney, Kimberly Tripp, and Paul Randall, the following table and Clustered Index is created: CREATE TABLE Employee( EmployeeID INT NOT NULL IDENTITY, LastName NCHAR(30) NOT NULL, FirstName NCHAR(29) NOT NULL, MiddleInitial NCHAR(1) NULL, SSN CHAR(11) NOT NULL, OtherColumns CHAR(258) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Junk') GO ALTER TABLE Employee ADD CONSTRAINT EmployeePK PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (EmployeeID) GO It states on page 321 of the aforementione...

Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart
Hi, I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using excel 2003. I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem: I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with the exact X and Y location) I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings... Many thanks! JJ. -- jinjon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jinjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28903 View this thr...

Error in Data Migration Framework (DMF)
Help..... I am trying to upload 14,000 Account records using the Data Migration Framework, along with 6,000 Contact records. It was easier to use the DMF rather than the bulk import especially with the relationships between the records. I first trialled the DMF migration of these records on the May VPC image supplied by MS and it all worked fine. However now that it is being run in a pre-production environment on full sized servers I am having problems. Approximately half of the account records, and all the contact records have been uploaded successfully. Half of the account recor...

Data Entry to a Cell Range
Can I set up a data entry form, so if every time I enter a value in a cell, it updates the next empty cell in a range? Thanks Lets assume that the form is used to update cell A1. We require that everytime A1 is updated the new value will be recorded in column B. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim A1 As Range, t As Range Set A1 = Range("A1") Set t = Target If Intersect(A1, t) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False n = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row...

Comparing data
There are 2 column in this query:- Column 1 Column 2 A A B C C E D D I want this 2 column to compare. If both A, display A, if different compare next 1...However, the result of the third column will give me all A,C,D without B and E included at the last row? Any idea to make them show all A,C,D,B,E? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Mon, 21 May 2007 02:19:56 GMT, "EMILYTAN via AccessMonster.com" <u33296@uwe> wrote: >There are 2 column in this query:- > >...