I want to make a two tone chart background

I am creating a chart and want the chart background above a certain value to
be of a different color (to indicate a maximum allowable value has been
exceeded).  An alternative would be to jus have the gridline & axis value of
a different color/thickness/etc
0
Frank9521 (202)

Basically, you'll need to create some dummy series. Jon Peltier gives
excellent examples of how to create horizontal bands here:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/HorizBands.html

Other background fills:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BackgroundFill.html
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Frank" wrote:

> I am creating a chart and want the chart background above a certain value to
> be of a different color (to indicate a maximum allowable value has been
> exceeded).  An alternative would be to jus have the gridline & axis value of
> a different color/thickness/etc
0
LukeM (202)

Charting
My chart shows temperatures in fresh water. The Y-axis is turned to show the depth of the lake by double- clicking the scale. In this dialog box I can put in the maximum and minimum values and a value to show how the depth should increase. The X-axis should visualize the temperatures being lower according to deeper water. (As a plan B I can refer to a range of cells representing the temperatures. This works.) It is possible to turn on an option so that it is possible to alter values on the X-axis the same way as on the Y-axis. How do I turn on that option? You don't mention ...

Entering Data to make a list?
Is there a way that when I enter something into A1 &B1 it will fill down on a List? Like if I type apples in A1 & $12 in B1 on a certain sheet it will copy Apples and $12 , then if I type Pears & $5 it will copy to the next blank cell and so on -- Thanks in advance for your help....Bob Vance .. .. .. .. Bob I'm assuming you have this list on another sheet. This little macro will do the following: When you enter something in B1 of the first sheet, it will copy A1:B1 to the bottom of the list in Columns A & B of the second sheet. It will then clear (erase) the conte...

GAL between two organisations
Hi, The company that I work for just bought another company that has its own domain running Exchange-2000. I would very much like to exchange GALs with them - but how is this done? We have set up a full trust to them and that works fine. I have looked at the Recipient Update Service but I can only select objects from my own domain. Regards, Christian IT Administrator GALSync in MIIS Feature Pack to synchronize GALs (can be scripted, but painful and one-time dump, not a true synch like MIIS) Rod Fournier has step-by-step instructions on his blog http://msmvps.com/clustering/archive/2004/10/...

A bug in GUI of creating query with more outer joins between two tables
Hello, in GUI of Access 2007 (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6521.5000) is generally very simple to make a select query between two tables joined with two or more outer joins (of the same kind normally). But you should be careful. If you build first join clicking on a field of the first table, drag then the connection to the field of the second table and choose the right outer join, then you have to make the next outer join between the same two tables on the same way. If you begin but with the second table first and although you choose the same type of outer join (the arrow...

matching full name to 'two column' name using sumproduct
Assume your names in Sheet1 are in column A, the dates are in column D, and the values you want to add are in column F. Further assume that the target_name in this_sheet is in A2. Try this formula in a cell in this_sheet: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!A2:A100=A2),--(MONTH(Sheet1!D2:D100)=4),Sheet1! F2:F100) This formulae works very well (thanks to Pete for his help), however I need to use the same formulae to match the name in A2 to a spreadsheet that has the name to be matched to in two columns (first name (col A), last name (Col B). I currently use the following to match names i...

How do I make my publication my background on the computer?
I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a background on computer, how do I save it in a picture form so the control panel will recognize it? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Punky" <Punky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99C939A3-824B-45E9-8F05-421BDD7DFA83@microsoft.com... >I made a collection of pictures in a collage form and wanted to use it as a > background on computer, how do I save it in a p...

Coma between two e-mails
I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails With the comma key. But that's something you do in your e-mail client. Hemang wrote: > I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails With email address 1 in A1 and email address 2 in A2 =A1 & "," & A2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 04:39:01 -0700, Hemang <Hemang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to send bulk e-mail, How to insert coma between two e-mails Thu, 13 May 2010 04:39:01 -0700 from Hemang <Hemang@discussion...

Stacked chart problems
I'm using 2007 Using Jon Peltier information found below I'm stuck. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html I have arranged the data as necessary for the stacking (rahter than three I have seven). I need to change the axis labels. However, I'm stuck because the directions state to Paste Special the data as a new series (and I can't paste special in 2007) and also confused how to to move series information to secondary axis. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Paste Special works the same in 2007 if you can find it. Click on the down ...

I want to print my own money !!!!
What do I need ? On 23 Jan 2005 00:06:36 -0800, pain_wheels@hotmail.com (Dan Simper) wrote: >What do I need ? A number of years to spend in jail. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

How to set up two accounts with one brokerage?
I am using MS Money 2003. I have two accounts with one online brokerage. One is my 401k and one is just some stocks. In order to log in, I have to use a different user name and password depending which account I want to access. The problem is, MS Money only allows me to enter one user name and password for each brokerage. I change the online properties of each MS Money account one at a time, but the changes do not stick. Both accounts wind up with the user name and password of the account I changed last? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. In microsoft...

want to grab Day of week in a LIST
I have a frequency field and it is a drop down the choices are any combination of days for example Mon, Wed, Fri or Mon, Tues or Wed or Wed, Fri- you get what I mean- ANY combination. Each cleaning job that needs to be done the frequency gets selected from the dropdown. That table is fine. When I go to Completing the jobs. I would like to run a query that pulls up all jobs for example due today(Wed). When I put this Format(Now(),"ddd") in the criteria for Frequency ONLY the jobs due on WED ONLY show up - would like ALL jobs where Wed is anywhere in the frequency...

Pivot Chart Refresh cancels all chart formatting
Hello folks, I am using pivot chart with calculated fields, on which I did some quite sophisticated formatting (combination chart stacked bar / dot plot with secondary axis ; bar & plot area & grid colors ; labels ; axis & chart titles). When I click the "refresh" (!) button to update the data, the chart formatting is lost and the chart reverts to the default formatting (stacked bar chart with all series) Is there any way to "memorize" the chart formatting on a pivot chart ? TIA -- NZ Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's inf...

Linking objects in a chart
I have been trying to link content in an autoshape to a cell in my worksheet. In his book Excel Charts, John Walkenbach says that you simply select the object then click in the Formula bar, enter the equal sign, then the cell to be linked. Once you press Enter the object should be linked and show the content of the cell. My problem is that every time I do that, instead of linking the object, I get a new text box in the middle of the chart (with the linked content) - but I need the content in the object! Can anybody help? Thanks T. [I am using Excel XP on Windows XP] I'm not sure how J...

Two Instances of Outlook 2003...baffling!
I have an Outlook problem that I can't find a solution for - I've tried slipstick.com, Google, and this newsgroup. Hopefully someone can help... All of a sudden, today Outlook 2003 decides that clicking on the shortcut or using the keyboard shortcut button, should start up two instances of Outlook 2003. This causes problems with my IMAP mail accounts, SMTP servers, etc. I tried exiting/killing all instances, that didn't help. I then tried rebooting, no help there either. I've been using Outlook for years, and I've never seen this problem before. Any suggestions? ...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...

Connect two seperate companies
We have merged with another company and need to link our exchange servers. Both companies have seperate NT domains, and both use exchange 5.5. Our e-mail addresses are different. 1st we want to connect the 2 servers so that users can log onto their mailboxes from either site and also share calenders across sites. 2nd we want to bring the e-mail addresses in-line so that their e-mail addresses become ours but their old ones continue to function at the same time for a month or two. We have a routed 10mbs link between the 2 sites. We don't have trusted domains yet, but I think I can just ...

Office 2001 apps want to launch in X after PRAM reset...
Now all of the apps on a client machine (iBook 600 running 9.2) look for Office X or an OSX app to launch so therefore they will not launch. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Office 2001 on OS9.2 Anthony <anthony.soroka@la.ddb.com> wrote: Hi Anthony, > Now all of the apps on a client machine (iBook 600 running 9.2) look > for Office X or an OSX app to launch so therefore they will not > launch. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? > > Office 2001 on OS9.2 I'm not so sure there is an easy solution. THe Fidner is designed to look for the newest ve...

How do I create charts having non absolute reference values?
Not sure what you're asking. If you want to change an axis so it doesn't begin at zero, double click on it and enter your own scaling parameters. If that's not it, try using TWO sentences to explain what you need. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "rvboxel" <rvboxel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97BB5A7C-5AD5-4D84-83A1-02E8B96D2FAE@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapp
How do I resize a data label box in a pie chart to stop text wrapping? Excel decides how large to make these pseudo text boxes, based on the chart size, the amount of text, and the font properties. Aside from changing these, you have no control over the label sizes. You could replace the labels with textboxes, but these don't stay attached to a data point. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Eton Careers" <Eton Careers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B18C20DE-FD79...

Macro to shift all source data in a chart by one row or column?
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet which contains at least twenty years of data and twenty or thirty charts. Each year we update all of the charts to move the forecast period to the current year and the next five years. Because there is data well beyond the five year period, a dynamic range for the chart data would not work. Can anyone suggest if it is possible to write a macro which I can run on each chart to shift the source data for each series in the chart by one column or row to the right? Any suggestions would be gratefully received! Thanks in advance, Shan try this defined ...

Help on combining two IF Statements
How do I combine two IF statements? =IF(C12="PTO",-8,C12*$E$3) OR =IF(C12="HOLIDAY",0,C12*$E$3) Thanks for any and all help "Sunflower" <luvsunflowers@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I combine two IF statements? > =IF(C12="PTO",-8,C12*$E$3) > OR > =IF(C12="HOLIDAY",0,C12*$E$3) Perhaps: =IF(C12="PTO", -8, IF(C12="HOLIDAY", 0, C12*$E$3)) PS: In the future, post to only one NG, or crosspost. On Jan 24, 11:22=A0am, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote: > "Sunflower&qu...

Two Email Accounts not able to reply out of one of them
Hello All, I was wondering if someone here has ran into this problem. I currently have two email accounts setup in Exchange I can receive email in both of these accounts and view the email in Outlook 2003. In my default account if I receive an email I can reply back. But in my secondary mailbox if I receive an email I cannot reply back I get a error message which is listed below. On the secondary account I have added my username under permissions and gave it full access but I am still getting the below error. Anything will help thanks. Your message did not reach some or all of the inten...

how do i make pictorial graphs in excel
Hi, See Jon's page on custom formatting. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mupfeki" <mupfeki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0EA6EF9-A3B1-4790-B6AA-9CFE16ABA3D6@microsoft.com... > ...

This is what I want to do...
I'm a leader on a camp for kids aged 12-15 and I want to create a sor of database for the tuck shop. I want a drop down menu to list all the campers and leaders. Then I'd want the account for that person to show up. There will be total of how much money they start with (we get their $10 or whateve at the start of the camp), and then as we type in the amount of th things they buy, that should be subtracted from their total. It need to be able to go into minus because a lot of leaders pay later. By the end of the camp I'd want to be able to easily flick through t see what peopl...

how do i make the dot space dot space that are used in bulletins?
I need to know how to make this . . . . . . . . . . . . . for a bulletin. thanks There are several ways to create a dotted line... For example, you can use a tab stop with a dot leader. Alternatively, use a paragraph or cell border. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "mjm" <mjm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E87DFAD-002F-44BF-8183-3CCD17893754@microsoft.com... > I need to know how to make this . . . . . . . . . . . . . for a bulletin. > thanks ...