I want to convert an Excel Chart to a .tif format file

I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a tif, but the quality
is not as good.
0
rlbell (2)

I suppose the easiest way would be for you to download a copy of the free
ASAP utility.  As one of its options, you can convert an Excel file into a
..tif... others too.  BR

"rlbell" <rlbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a tif, but the
>quality
> is not as good.

0
lreid (55)
8/2/2006 6:50:48 PM
Hello, Brad!
You wrote  on Wed, 2 Aug 2006 13:50:48 -0500:

 B> I suppose the easiest way would be for you to download a
 B> copy of the free ASAP utility.  As one of its options, you
 B> can convert an Excel file into a .tif... others too.  BR

 B> "rlbell" <rlbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
 ??>> I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a
 ??>> tif, but the quality is not as good.

I thought it could be done tho' I'll have to leave quality
judgements to you :-) You can copy an Excel chart into the free
program Irfanview and save it as a TIF.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious anti-spam: not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Great thanks, I did a search for the ASAP utility and did not locate it, can
you tell me how to find it to download?

"Brad" wrote:

> I suppose the easiest way would be for you to download a copy of the free
> ASAP utility.  As one of its options, you can convert an Excel file into a
> ..tif... others too.  BR
>

> "rlbell" <rlbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a tif, but the
> >quality
> > is not as good.

0
rlbell (2)
8/2/2006 8:21:09 PM
Did you use Google? It's the first link, whether I enter 'asap utility' or
'asap utilities'.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

> Great thanks, I did a search for the ASAP utility and did not locate it,
> can
> you tell me how to find it to download?
>
> "Brad" wrote:
>
>> I suppose the easiest way would be for you to download a copy of the free
>> ASAP utility.  As one of its options, you can convert an Excel file into
>> ..tif... others too.  BR
>>

>> "rlbell" <rlbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have tried copying to PowerPoint and then saving as a tif, but the
>> >quality
>> > is not as good.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/3/2006 1:47:30 AM
The following code produced a .tif file that seems to be of very good
quality when imported as an object into Word, PowerPoint and Excel, or
when opened into Microsoft Paint.  The only program where the quality
was questionnable was when I opened it in the Microsoft accessory,
Imaging.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Sub ChartAsTIF()
    If TypeName(Selection) = "ChartArea" Then
        userFname = InputBox("Filename of Chart File?", "Save Chart",
"ExcelChart")
        userNameAndPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & userFname & ".tif"
        ActiveChart.Export Filename:=userNameAndPath, filtername:="TIF"
        MsgBox "Chart is saved as" & Chr(13) & userNameAndPath
    Else
        userReply = MsgBox("Please select a Chart Area, then run macro
again", vbOKOnly, "Error in Selection")
    End If

End Sub

(Be careful when copying this code.  Google's message area tends to
wrap lines of code at inappropriate places.)

Click on the chart, then run the macro.

0
psimon (29)
8/3/2006 11:19:48 AM
A handier chart detection statement would work like this:

  If Not ActiveChart Is Nothing Then
    '' do the export routine
  Else
    userReply = MsgBox("Please select a Chart, then run macro again", _
        vbOKOnly, "No Active Chart")
  End If

This way you can have any chart element selected and it would still work on
the active chart.

- Jon
-------

<psimon@snet.net> wrote in message
> The following code produced a .tif file that seems to be of very good
> quality when imported as an object into Word, PowerPoint and Excel, or
> when opened into Microsoft Paint.  The only program where the quality
> was questionnable was when I opened it in the Microsoft accessory,
> Imaging.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.
>

> Sub ChartAsTIF()
>    If TypeName(Selection) = "ChartArea" Then
>        userFname = InputBox("Filename of Chart File?", "Save Chart",
> "ExcelChart")
>        userNameAndPath = ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & userFname & ".tif"
>        ActiveChart.Export Filename:=userNameAndPath, filtername:="TIF"
>        MsgBox "Chart is saved as" & Chr(13) & userNameAndPath
>    Else
>        userReply = MsgBox("Please select a Chart Area, then run macro
> again", vbOKOnly, "Error in Selection")
>    End If
>
> End Sub
>

> (Be careful when copying this code.  Google's message area tends to
> wrap lines of code at inappropriate places.)
>
> Click on the chart, then run the macro.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/3/2006 4:33:42 PM
Very nice improvement.  Thanks, Jon.

0
psimon (29)

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Custom Formatting for Dates
Is there a manner of formatting to see date as Text?, if entered in same cell. Think that is what I need. Using custom formatting: yymmdd and making column narrow, so just see dd (with right justify). Problem is that going from text to date format, just see ## is there way to make yymmdd in custom to conform to text??? Thanks a1 11/2/05 b1 =TEXT(A1,"yymmdd") you will get b1 051102 ==================== "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89817178-868E-4E3C-9946-6A1E93B0080F@microsoft.com... > Is there a man...

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Excel not Access

Where is the workspace file stored?

help with simple maths in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

Chart template?
I am working with a chart, created from a pivot table. The chart has the various [drop down] fields available for selecting different values for the chart to show. I have formatted the chart with specific settings, fonts, colors, etc., but everytime I use one of the dropdowns, the formatting goes back to the default. I have looked for a place to save as a template, or defaults without luck. Thanks for any help you can provide! Alan ...

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

How do I use traffic lights in excel

cant start outlook pst file to large

formula based on format