I want my X axis to have 5-10 minute intervals

I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis.  
The Y axis has simple numbers.  For example:

Date/hour/minutes         Y 
7/14/05 23:45                   45
7/14/05 23:50                   50
7/15/05 01:00                   40   

It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values 
spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each 
other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes 
apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather 
than looking a a correct time frame.  

I have tried with day timelines but it will not divide the days for me only 
- I have also tried to use the general number rather than the time/hour 
number as the min and maximum values.  

Please help, it is driving me crazy.
0
Dianne (30)
10/9/2005 9:19:02 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
450 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Dianne -

Construct an XY chart, not a Line chart. You can use a style that connects the 
points with lines.

To set your scales, double click the axis. Although Excel expects a regular decimal 
value, you can enter date-time values for min, max, and spacing. For example, enter

   7/14/05 23:45  for minimum,

   7/15/05 01:15  for maximum, and

   0:05  for major spacing.

When you access this dialog again, Excel will have converted your entries to 
decimals, but you can overwrite them with the more readily understood data-times.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______


Dianne wrote:

> I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis.  
> The Y axis has simple numbers.  For example:
> 
> Date/hour/minutes         Y 
> 7/14/05 23:45                   45
> 7/14/05 23:50                   50
> 7/15/05 01:00                   40   
> 
> It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values 
> spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each 
> other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes 
> apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather 
> than looking a a correct time frame.  
> 
> I have tried with day timelines but it will not divide the days for me only 
> - I have also tried to use the general number rather than the time/hour 
> number as the min and maximum values.  
> 
> Please help, it is driving me crazy.

0
10/9/2005 10:18:00 PM
Thank you all for your valuable assistance.  I am using an XY scatter chart.  
Mr. Peltier gave me great  information regarding the scales.  Here is my next 
issue:

I used:
7/13/04   12:00       38181.4   minimum
7/14/04   03:30       38182.2   maximum
0:05                         0.1          major spacing 
                                0.01        minor (defaults itself)

The axis comes out with tick marks at:
7/13/04   9:36   12:00     14:24 1   6:48   19:12   21:36
7/14/04   0:00     2:24        4:48 

I would like it to read on the chart as ticks on the hour or half hour. 
Rather than 2hours 24 min marks 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Dianne -
> 
> Construct an XY chart, not a Line chart. You can use a style that connects the 
> points with lines.
> 
> To set your scales, double click the axis. Although Excel expects a regular decimal 
> value, you can enter date-time values for min, max, and spacing. For example, enter
> 
>    7/14/05 23:45  for minimum,
> 
>    7/15/05 01:15  for maximum, and
> 
>    0:05  for major spacing.
> 
> When you access this dialog again, Excel will have converted your entries to 
> decimals, but you can overwrite them with the more readily understood data-times.
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
> 
> 
> Dianne wrote:
> 
> > I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis.  
> > The Y axis has simple numbers.  For example:
> > 
> > Date/hour/minutes         Y 
> > 7/14/05 23:45                   45
> > 7/14/05 23:50                   50
> > 7/15/05 01:00                   40   
> > 
> > It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values 
> > spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each 
> > other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes 
> > apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather 
> > than looking a a correct time frame.  
> > 
> > I have tried with day timelines but it will not divide the days for me only 
> > - I have also tried to use the general number rather than the time/hour 
> > number as the min and maximum values.  
> > 
> > Please help, it is driving me crazy.
> 
> 
0
Dianne (30)
10/12/2005 1:31:05 PM
Dianne -

Type the time value for the desired tick spacing into the boxes in the 
Scale dialog. So enter 0:30 for a half hour. Behind the scenes Excel 
converts it to a decimal, but don't worry about that.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______


Dianne wrote:

> Thank you all for your valuable assistance.  I am using an XY scatter chart.  
> Mr. Peltier gave me great  information regarding the scales.  Here is my next 
> issue:
> 
> I used:
> 7/13/04   12:00       38181.4   minimum
> 7/14/04   03:30       38182.2   maximum
> 0:05                         0.1          major spacing 
>                                 0.01        minor (defaults itself)
> 
> The axis comes out with tick marks at:
> 7/13/04   9:36   12:00     14:24 1   6:48   19:12   21:36
> 7/14/04   0:00     2:24        4:48 
> 
> I would like it to read on the chart as ticks on the hour or half hour. 
> Rather than 2hours 24 min marks 
> 
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
> 
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> 
> 
>>Dianne -
>>
>>Construct an XY chart, not a Line chart. You can use a style that connects the 
>>points with lines.
>>
>>To set your scales, double click the axis. Although Excel expects a regular decimal 
>>value, you can enter date-time values for min, max, and spacing. For example, enter
>>
>>   7/14/05 23:45  for minimum,
>>
>>   7/15/05 01:15  for maximum, and
>>
>>   0:05  for major spacing.
>>
>>When you access this dialog again, Excel will have converted your entries to 
>>decimals, but you can overwrite them with the more readily understood data-times.
>>
>>- Jon
>>-------
>>Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>>Peltier Technical Services
>>Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>>http://PeltierTech.com/
>>_______
>>
>>
>>Dianne wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I have stats where I would like to have 5-10 minute intervals for my x axis.  
>>>The Y axis has simple numbers.  For example:
>>>
>>>Date/hour/minutes         Y 
>>>7/14/05 23:45                   45
>>>7/14/05 23:50                   50
>>>7/15/05 01:00                   40   
>>>
>>>It is only producing a chart with all the different incremental values 
>>>spread in equal proportions - I want the numbers to appear closer to each 
>>>other (the first two are only 5 minutes apart - the last two are 15 minutes 
>>>apart) as they should - otherwise the chart is off and spread way out rather 
>>>than looking a a correct time frame.  
>>>
>>>I have tried with day timelines but it will not divide the days for me only 
>>>- I have also tried to use the general number rather than the time/hour 
>>>number as the min and maximum values.  
>>>
>>>Please help, it is driving me crazy.
>>
>>
0
10/14/2005 12:30:48 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Great Plains 10
Hello: I'm a Great Plains newbie. We are using Great Plains v10. I've discovered that there are 3 ways to integrate with Great Plains: Web Services, eConnect or through the .NET assemblies. I would like to integrate a custom app into the Depot Management portion of Great Plains (creating/modifying Work Orders) but have not seen any documentation to do so on any of these 3 different development platforms. Does anyone know if it's possible to use either Web Services, eConnect, or the .NET assemblies with Depot Management and which is the best to use? Thanks, in advance, for yo...

outgoing email on Exchange 5.5
In exchange administrator - internet mail service properties - Queues tab. some ontgoing emails have no name in the Originator column. Is this normal??? bouncebacks... originator is your server. Dean "james" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d67101c3ef28$eac364b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In exchange administrator - internet mail service > properties - Queues tab. some ontgoing emails have no > name in the Originator column. Is this normal??? ...

installation error 10-11-03
I know this is probably the wrong NG, but I'm confused. I just recently installed a program called 3D Studio Max, and it was successfully installed. Unfortunately once it was installed the installation files continued to try to load on reboot. I tried reinstalling Windows and that's when i started getting critacl errors at startup. I know the file system has not been corupted, because i can access all the files from another HD booting up. I'm trying to not have to reinstall all those programs to a default c: if possible. ...

Publisher #5
I would like a watermark on one of my pages in a newsletter. I was able to get the watermark and the text together, but the watermark is covering the text I typed in. I tried - forward and backgound, one or the other disappears. Please help. Press CTRL+T after selecting the text frame to make it transparent. Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http;//www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >I would like a watermark on one of my pages in a >newsletter. I was able to get the watermark and the text >together, but the watermark is covering the text I typed >in. I...

Download NET 3.5 Sp1 Service Pack
I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. I have XP They do not exist - there is only Dot Net Fx 3.5 SP1. "marlsrsoftball" <marlsrsoftball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49BC29A3-F9B1-430B-B5EE-C4DA5B6C0E95@microsoft.com... >I can't download the NET 3.5 Service Pack3 or Service Pack 2. > > I have XP What it is saying ".NET 3.5 Service Pack 1 Framwork not installed when I try to dowload it i get an Error Code: 0x80070645 Fred "Jerry" wrote: > They do not exist - there is...

Problem w/Chart Axis labeling with VBA
I have a worksheet with 26 columns and 95 rows. I select and highlight columns "v" and "z" Column "v" has the label BE and column "z" has the label PP. I have a vba macro shown below that plots the xyscatterchart and labels the x and y axis. the xyscatterchart always automatically chooses the z column (the furthest righthand column) as the y data points and the v column as the x data points. This data point selection happens no matter which column I select first.(I select a column and then hold down the <ctrl> and select a 2nd column). Howeve...

NT4 and exchange 5.5 running on AD Native mode ?
we want to switch to native mode on AD is there a problem if you have still some exchange 5.5 running on NT4 and other servers on exchange 2003 running on windows 2003. then switching to native Active directory? thanks is nayone doing it? ...

Autofit in excel
Everyonce in a while, when I autofit text in excel I get extra space before or after the text. There are no extra spaces in the text and I don't see any formatting issues which would create the extra space. Hi is this a merged cell? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "seezzell" <seezzell@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8EAE2A6D-4A37-4F23-9503-7A72D868562A@microsoft.com... > Everyonce in a while, when I autofit text in excel I get extra space before > or after the text. There are no extra spaces in the text and I don't see any >...

3.0 Newsgroups 10-30-05
The instructions from Microsoft for accessing the private beta newsgroups have the wrong server name, it should be privatenews, not betanews. Change this and it works. ...

Adding items in a column if value in a second column is X.
Hi, This one is getting the better of me, even though I know I should be able to figure it out myself!: I have two columns of data: B and C. I have one column of ID#: A I would like to subtract C from B in all rows where ID# is X and display the sum of these values in a single cell. I would then like to do the same for all rows where ID# is Y. Please help! Many thanks for your time, Paul Try these: =3DSUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=3D"X")*(B1:B100-C1:C100)) =3DSUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=3D"Y")*(B1:B100-C1:C100)) Adjust column ranges to suit, but you can't have a complete column ...

Any way to delete rows that don't contain 'x'?
Hi, I've exported a CSV list of phone calls from Skype into Excel. I want to delete all rows that do not contain a certain number string e.g. 0000. Is this possible? Ideally it would move other rows up to fill the gaps so I'm just left with a neat list of remaining numbers. -- Thanks. CJSnet (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.) Hi Without using a macro you could do this job with a helper column alongside your data. Put something like this: =COUNTIF(A2:A25,"0000")=0 You can then fill this down. To fix the values in place, copy the range and Edit|Paste Special|Values...

layering logo can't remove white box only lines and text wanted
when trying to place my logo ontop of a background I can't get rid of white box it is in... Only want black lines and text in logo to show with back ground showing through all white areas. Tried following transparent setting info. ... didn't work. Is the logo a bitmap, i.e., .jpg, .tif, bmp, .gif? If it is a .wmf, ungroup it and delete the white box or select no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sschmitz" <sschmitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4E6DA9E-117D-4226-9D0...

How to load the sample database? 10-24-03
Hello, > I need help to load the sample database which come with the CRM 1.0 cd. I am > a MSDN universal subscriber. I follow the instruction. The CRM server start > up ok. I went to deploment manager and follow the instruction to put in the > license # as specific in the Chapter 20 page 221 of MS CRM implementation > guide. I then went to the CRM home page click business setting and click > users and put all 5 users with license. > Then I go to the cd, and execute the microsoft.crm.demodaatwizard.exe, It > took a while. I put in all 5 users/passwords and roles selectio...

Zojirushi NP-HBC18 10-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer with Induction Heating System, Stainless Steel
List Price:$388.00 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000MAIW1C Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000MAIW1C I love this rice cooker, I use it for brown rice mostly but my son and my daughter will have white rice some times. This new rice cooker has easy instructions, there is one time I'm on vacation , I told my son how to use this rice cooker in general and he did an excellent job. He told me one day he made sushi, he followed instruction that I told him, the rice came out perfectly. I was very surprised, even my son did not know how to cook,...

5.5 to 2003 migration
Reading the threads suggest to me that provided I perform a standard move mailbox from (a single) 5.5 server to (a single storage group) on a 2003 server, single-instance storage will be maintained. Have I understood this correctly? Any other factors to consider? Our SIS on 5.5 is 13:1 - I couldn't believe it! Obviously we are concerned of the potential for a very large blowout in store size. Many thanks for your assisance. -- Peter SIS will be maintained moving all the mailboxes from a single store to the same destination store using the move mailbox wizard. Note however that the ...

Macro Help 03-15-10
I am very new to Macro's but am hoping you can simplify your response I have a sheet that contains certain data types in specific columns For example Column A = Date B= Name C=Description D=Cheque# E= Account # (Debits) F = Debit amount G = Account # (Credits) H= Credit Amount I need to write a Marco that will look at this source sheet row by row and transfer the information to a different sheet with predefined columns Results Sheet Column D = Account# (from Columns E and G above) Column E = Amount (from columns F and H above (Note: Debits are positive, bu...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine.
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer "Sameer" <mohdibaad@gmail.com> wrote in news:1124215324.948517.117220 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook C...

VS2008 Framework 3.5 Web Service Accessed from Web 2.0 Client
Hi, I'm wondering if I made a large architectural screwup. I wanted to use new features in VS2008 including LINQ in my web service and have targeted the 3.5 framework with the web service. However, my Windows Forms client targets the 2.0 framework as I don't want my clients to have to download 3.5 All this works nicely in development but trying to deploy to a staging env I experience problems. I've deployed the web service sucessfully to IIS on my local machine and can browse to the service definition using the address below OK. My app.config file contains the reference:...

Creating View where Case has been open for more than X days
Hello, I am trying to create a view to show me all Active cases that have been open for more than X number of days. The operand does not seem to be available in building the view. I see where I can define that the case was create in the last x days, but I kindof need a case was NOT created in the last X days. Any thoughts on how to do this? I am trying to show cases that are getting old since create date. Thanks There is nothing that I know of in the core product that would let you do this. Our add-on, VAST, by tracking all changes made to Microsoft CRM, also can tell you what DIDN'...

Live Chat June 9th has now started :10:00am PST
Hi all, The next live chat in the MBS chat room has started. Please come join us if you have any questions reguarding custom buttons or configuration options. Thanks and hope to see you there, Dan Ok where do we go "Dan Reed [MSFT]" <danreed@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E2AD9C4-C7EF-4242-A163-CBBEAB44FAD1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > The next live chat in the MBS chat room has started. Please come join us > if > you have any questions reguarding custom buttons or configuration options. > > Thanks and hope to see you there, > &g...

Excel 2003 02-19-10
I am trying to create a formula: IF A2 equals Y then I want a7 to multiply A3 by 2.5% I can't get this to work for me!! Put this formula in A7: =IF(A2="Y",A3*0.025,"Nothing") Tom Thank you - Worked beautiful!! Cat "tompl" wrote: > Put this formula in A7: > > =IF(A2="Y",A3*0.025,"Nothing") > > Tom > > ...

decommission the 5.5 issue 2
I migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and took the steps to decommission the 5.5 box. After I turned off the services on the 5.5 box today, I noticed a few things. One, even though the user were moved to the 2003 server and outlook account properties verified that the accounts were pointing to the new server there were some users who reverted backed to the old server. (When I do not know.) In the outlook account properties, the server indicated it was looking at the old 5.5 server and not the 2003 server were the mailboxes are located. We needed to re-point their accounts to the 2003 ...

axis wrap text
Hi! When I create bar chart with relatively long lables for categories on Y (left) axis the program by default puts the label in one line. This means that sometimes half of my screen is occupied by labels (i.e. "exchange of cell phone ringtones") and the other half are the actual bars. This gets pretty annoying when I have only few categories and the labels could easily be written in 3 or even four lines. Do you have any ideas hor to force the program to write labels in "wrap text" mode? Kind regards, Sunshine P.S. Another thing that's bothering me is the de...

How to Format Date of a Timeline
Is it possible to format the date for the intervals on a timeline as follows (Swiss German Format)? Mi. 12.11.2008 I' ve configured the Date format manually under -> Define -> Define Shape Data like this: ((ddd. dd.MM.yyyy)) But it doesnt work... ? :-( Thanks, Andi On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:52:15 +0100, "msnews.microsoft.com" <anaef@ananet.ch> wrote: >Is it possible to format the date for the intervals on a timeline as follows >(Swiss German Format)? > >Mi. 12.11.2008 > >I' ve configured the Date format manually under -> Define -> ...

Fonts #5
Hi All, Is it possible to highlight text in a spreadsheet, to change it to upper case or does this need to b done when entering the data. I know this can be done through format paragraph ect in Word. Thanks, kfh. Hi there's no format option for this but see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "k f h" <kfh@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:74F8710E-C2B0-4F0A-8EF0-8558B54A94AA@microsoft.com... > > Hi All, > > Is it possible to highlight text in a spreadsheet, to change it to upper > ca...