I'm trying to change a clustered column to a stacked column

I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient
0
petty (3)

What do you mean by "to reflect the gradient"?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"petty" <petty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I click on clustered and the columns don't change to reflect the gradient

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

someone is changing the account format error
Hello, I just installed the World Online sample company to my environment. I currently had another environment setup. I can log into the The World Online environment fine but when I try to login the other one (which we created), I get a "someone is changing the account format" error. And then it says, "You cannot log into this company". I also get these additional messages: "A getl change first operation on table 'SY_Palette_MSTR" cannot find the table." and "Could not find stored procedure zDP_SY00200F_1 Invalid object name SY00200. Ple...

Automatically run macro when cell value changes
Hi, I use the following macro to insert a header onto a chart located in a worksheet called "chart" based on a cell reference in a different worksheet called "jur": Sub RefHeader() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftHeader = "&""Times New Roman,Bold""&14 " & Sheets("jur").Range("A2").Text End With End Sub I would like to have the above macro automatically run whenever the value of a specific cell (C3) in the "jur" worksheet changes. Is this possible? I have a feeling it must be done with...

Finding within 1 column
Hey all, I have a database clean up project, and I'm a little stumped about how to do it. I *could* do it manually (and have been), but there are enoough rows (over 6000, and more each day) that it's more than slightly daunting. The project is to consolidate lists of programs - IE, Adobe Acrobat - that have been typed in willy nilly, and set them up to be batch-fixed in a database. the problem is that I'm not sure I'm being consistent enough: I may call it (for example) Adobe Acrobat Pro in one place, and call it Adobe Acrobat in another place. What i want to do is grab each wo...

Listbox w/many columns, need update all columns to table
I have a listbox with five columns pulling from one table(contracts). Column one is bound to underlying table(review). How can I change matching fields in underlying table for all columns in listbox being pulled from contracts table? I wish I could bind them all to the review table, but I have their control source to reflect the appropriate column of the bound value. If you use the listbox to select a contract, then open a form to update the selected contract, you can use the unload event or after update event of the edit contract form to requery the listbox to show the change...

Column Auto Sizing
How do I make a column automatically resize to grow as large as the data input in a cell automatically (not having to use the autofit column format option)? Since Excel 97 column widths expand automatically for numerical entries unless they have been manually set to some width. Format, Column, AutoFit Selection sets the autofit property back on for columns that have been manually adjusted. Column widths do not expand for text entries. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "oranskeer" <oranskeer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8DC51EB-AAEC-446C-BC02-6FECB79F0FCA@mic...

How do I average every 3rd cell in a column of a spreadsheet?
I have a spreadsheet with headers of the days of the week. Below that is the date, then location 1's sales then below that is location 2's sales. It is a running year long listing and I want to calculate the Average Sales for each day of the week. For Example: Monday Location 12/20/2010 $3,523.12 store #1 $4,632.12 store #2 12/27/2010 $3,322.12 store #1 $4,545.12 store #2 I just picked 2 dates that are a week apart. In the example above, I want to average $3523.12 and $3322.12 and so forth (this would be location1) and then sepa...

Changing VAT Analysis to GST Analysis
Hey, I am in Australia, and we dont have the VAT....How do you change the Scripting to say GST instead of VAT? Call POSPartners Mr Richad Ranson ( richard@pospartners.com.au ) they have the Australian modifications. Afshin Alikhani = = = "Michael Thomas" <MichaelThomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F53E93-C30F-468A-BBC6-1E9EDFA190A9@microsoft.com... > Hey, > > I am in Australia, and we dont have the VAT....How do you change the > Scripting to say GST instead of VAT? Hi Michael, You can call me too. I have a major installation running i...

Changing a file's file type or format with MFC
I hope this is the right forum. I plan to use MFC so you tell me. I start with a Microsoft Project file that is saved with a Microsoft Access file format. The Access file lives on my web server. From a browser, I can update the Access file from a data entry screen using ASP (Active Server Pages). Once the Access file is updated with new or modified data, I want to then save it back as a Microsoft Project file again which will also live on my web server. With my newly saved Microsoft Project file I want to then use Adobe's SDK and save the Microsoft Project file as a PDF file a...

Changing the shortcut key for Help (F1)?
I pretty often hit F1 accidently instead of F2 when I want to edit the data in a cell. I want to change the Help key (F1) to something different, so I won't have this problem anymore, but I can't find a way. Could it be that it is impossible to change the function keys? Hi Lena, I personally like having F1 and SHIFT+F1 I would not recommend trying the following at home (or at work) as it will disable the F1 key. The following would go into ThisWorkbook Sub Workbook_Open() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub As far as the CAPS Lock goes physical ...

Need to Change Case from Mixed to Caps
Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look consistent. Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper case? Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel. Thanks in advance. Hi, have a look at the UPPER function in XLHelp -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Kathy" wrote: > Please ...

Changed due date in outlook task, now cannot view task in CRM
One of my users is finding an inconsistant issue concerning tasks. When he is in Outlook 2007 and changes the due date of a task that has already been linked to CRM, he gets the following message: The reminder will not appear because the item is in a folder that does not support reminders. Upon clicking ok, he notices that the track in CRM button has dissappeared from the task form and that the task itself is no longer in CRM. Does anyone know what this message actually means and how to stop this from happening? Thanks!! Maria ...

OUtlook calendar is locked for changes?????
OUtlook will now allow changes to existing meetings nor allow me to save new ones. What is the problem? Hi, maybe you do not have the permissions (rights) to change the calendar: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA101737671033.aspx -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange (Win7, Office 2010 Ready): Public ShareFolder Synchronize Outlook between PC and Notebook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com "Outlook Calendar Frustrated" <Outlook Calendar Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E1245988-D9A6-4A3...

Counting rows in a column
How do I add up the "not blank" cells in a column? I just want to know how many rows are in a column. One way: =COUNTA(A:A) In article <56507A79-5EA9-41D4-84E0-6CC26F3CD1EF@microsoft.com>, Mar <Mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I add up the "not blank" cells in a column? I just want to know how > many rows are in a column. =COUNTA(A:A) Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:11:03 -0800, Mar <Mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I add up the "not blank" cells in a column? I just want to know h...

adding new columns
what is the best way to go about doing this? i just created a report that first runs a query for current month info in teradata sql assistant and exports to a text file that is linked to an access database. i then use an update query to delete the current month info from the main table in access (prior months are left untouched), and then run an append query to append the current month data from the text file to the main table. there is now a need for two additional columns. i modified my teradata queries to incorporate the new columns and relinked the text file. my ques...

error: File may have been changed
ok this is my first time to this forum or any forum that dusnt have to do with my car so please bear with me...i am having an issue at work with saving files in excel. the error reads as follows: The file '...' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want Save A Copy Overwrite Changes All the files i am saving are on a network folder which no one has access to except myself. This means that no one can be saving my files. If i hit ssave in excel it brings up this box and i will hit overwrite changes than if i hit save it asks me again....

using an existing grid on word how do you add columns
When using word and you have inserted a excel grid into the text how do you add columns so they appear on the text? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=680387bc-cc03-4f88-a1b4-d3fb853fa095&...

stacked column chart with 3 fixed amount ranges
Hi! I would like to create a stacked column chart based on 3 fixed amount ranges. For example, within a bar, the section with the amount less than $4 will be yellow. The section from $4 to $6 will be green. The section with amount more than $6 will be blue. Thank you very much! Ken Something like this? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart2.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Ken" &l...

Can I rotate excel sheets so columns are rows & vice-versa (i.e..
Can I rotate excel sheets so columns are displayed as rows & vice-versa (i.e. to get 256 rows & 65 536 columns) I want to make a project calender with dates across the top - so I need at least 365 columns - preferably more. copy-pastespecial-transpose if there are formulas the formulas will not be copied JamesR <JamesR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F66FDC63-9598-4476-9E92-0742EE65518E@microsoft.com... > Can I rotate excel sheets so columns are displayed as rows & vice-versa (i.e. > to get 256 rows & 65 536 columns) > I want to make a proj...

Multiple Stacked Bars
Here is my data set: 2007 East 2007 West 2006 East 2006 West Sid a b c d Nancy e f g h Johnny i j k L Salesman n n1 n2 n3 n4 I want to have a stacked chart with Salesmen 1-n on the X-axis. And a bar for 2007 and a bar for 2006 for each. I can ...

Change Serial Numbers once posted
Hi, we just went live on a new implementation of GP. Our receiving clerk mistakenly received 497 serialized items in sequential order and left out the dash because she did not know how to make the mask properly for the Auto Generate feature. These serials have not been allocated or touched since posting. Is there a way to go in using SQL Query Manager to fix the problem? If someone could offer some tips on how to go about that or if it is just impossible I would be very grateful. Chad, Were you able to find your answer? I have a very similar problem. Thanks, Cynthia "Chad Skinn...

Trying to validate just a subset of an Xml Document

Change "default inbox" for Desktop Alerts?
Anyone know how the change the "default inbox" that is linked to the Desktop Alerts? I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts), residing under the same profile. I created separate .PSTs for each address, and therefore they each have their own inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders. My primary email address is linked to the "Personal Folders" .PST, and is set as the default account for sending mail. However, the Desktop Alerts that keep appearing are from one of my secondary accounts, an email addy that I only use for online shopping and t...

Today not changing
Hello. I'm using the formula : =TODAY()-30 The workbook remains open overnight. When the date changes, there is no change in the cell value. I'll appreciate some kind of automation (VBA OnTime ?). Thanks in advance. Daniel Hi Formulas in excel are recalculated whenever they are triggered. When there are volatile functions used in formula, the formula is recalculated whenever some cell entry is changed. Otherwise the formula is recalculated when some of formula's parameters is changed. TODAY is recalculated whenever something is changed in any cell. Maybe you write a windows...

Outlook 2007: Can you change the font of the RSS feed body pane?
Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about: http://www.supz.net/images/outlook.jpg If anyone knows how to change that font to something like Verdana size 12 or 13, please let me know! -- Nocturnal @ http://www.randomfix.com ...

Vlookup, changing table_array name
I have information about identical assets from several different bank (rates, length of term, description, etc.). I summarize all th information on a �data worksheet� and name each range of informatio accordingly � Bank of America, GE Capital, First Union, Wells Fargo etc. I have a worksheet in the same workbook named for each bank as well an the appropriate range of data is linked to each sheet. I use a vlooku function to pull the appropriate to data from the �data worksheet.� My question is, how can I change the table_array name in the vlooku function without doing it manually? The way ...