I do not want Excel on-screen lines to print

I am using Office 2007.  I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the
on-screen guide lines print.  How do I keep the lines on screen but not print
them?
0
MAB (21)

In Excel: File | Page Setup | Sheet and uncheck Print Gridlines
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"MAB" <MAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Office 2007.  I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the
> on-screen guide lines print.  How do I keep the lines on screen but not
> print
> them?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/1/2007 7:50:08 PM
MAB  -

In Excel 2007, Page Layout tab in the Ribbon, Sheet Options section, uncheck
Print Gridlines.

Or, more indirectly, in Excel 2007, Office Button | Print | Print Preview |
Page Setup | Sheet | uncheck Gridlines.

-  Mike
http://www.mikemiddleton.com

"MAB" <MAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Office 2007.  I create Excel spreadsheets in Word and the
> on-screen guide lines print.  How do I keep the lines on screen but not
> print
> them?

0
mike5208 (300)

Are there any household budget templates available in Excel?
Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Do a search near the top for "Budget," and you should find a few of them. Looks like "Personal budget" is the most popular, followed by "Family monthly budget." (based on votes) HTH Dana DeLouis "nevinnh" <nevinnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C0B084E-954F-4CAF-8ACB-AF33C6F3F097@microsoft.com... > Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? Go to microsoft template site, on the sear...

XML that one of its elements has line break.
Hello, I am using access as my database, One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. Can I convert line break to something readable in XML ? Is there any function for that ? Thanks :) Same thing. Any character, be it ascii or unicode has it's place or number. If Access bitches, it is Access and not Calculus. "Mr. x" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:uaYLyYxeDHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using access as my database, > One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. > Can I convert line b...

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

pics printing in wrong place
Does anyone know why my pictures print in the wrong place? I have several pics from the same source in my publication, however, some of them print correctly and others don't. I've noticed that the ones printing incorrectly are all going to the upper left hand corner of the page. I'm very new at using Publisher and suspect that my problem may be my print driver,in which case, i'm clueless as to how to fix it. I'm using publisher 2002 and a KYOCERA-MITA 4030 printer. Hi terracotta (terracotta@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone kno...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

can't print black
I have installed a lexmark 6570 fax wireless. It would not print any doc's in black ink prints beautiful color pictures. I uninstalled and reinstalled did not help. I figured is was the printer. Installed an HP F4280 all in one, same problem. can someone get me some advice!!! -- twilltwo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twilltwo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/180192.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/1297957.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

"10th" on Excel
For the past few weeks, any time I enter the number "10", the Excel program automatically adds "th" making it "10th". This is also occuring on the Word program. I don't remember making any changes to either toolbar- HELP!!! I can think of one possibility, (and don't ask me how it may hav happened), but look in Tools - Autocorrect and see if you can find "10 shown as being replaced by "10th". My program once started replacin all lower case "p"s with upper case and I know it was nothing I did. If that isn't the problem, I ca...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

Printing from Arranged View
Is it possible to print two workbooks, that are in a Horizontal Arranged View, at the same time and one one page? For example, workbook A (sheet1) and workbook B (sheet 1) are arranged together in a horizontal view and I like to print the contents of this view on one page. I tried the arranged feature and the compare side by side feature but did not avail. Neo, Excel prints one sheet at a time, on as many pages as it takes. It won't combine sheets. The view settings have no effect on printing. To get stuff from two sheets to print on one page, you'd have to link the d...

line styles
Hi, Does anybody know of any add-ons to MS Pub that allow the creation of additional line styles? Specifically I would like to create some cross hatched lines. Thanks, Mike ...

Options -> Security -> Zone -> Internet printing
Hi, I have a user whose Outlook 2003 settings are as follows: Options -> Security -> Zone -> Internet Any time they receive any email with graphics etc they are unable to print that email. I tried to do the same on my PC, and am also not able to print (with those settings) How do we get this to be printed? Thanks Does it work in Restricted sites zone? That's the default setting. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:...

Print button on Report form
Hi all :-) =20 Access 2007 Pro Plus, Vista Ultimate SP2 I am preparing a small app for a friend who is handicapped, and am = trying to make things as simple as possible for them to use. I am trying = to limit the number of functions and clicks necessary to accomplish = tasks as much as possible, and would like to try an idea. I want to add a small button on the report form that will print the = report when clicked. I have done this on display forms to print as a = report, but, not on a report form. In trying to add such a button to the = report form in 2007 I am not being offered...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

Error created when try to Print Preview or Print
When try to print or print preview system is generating an error: "Print titles must be contiguous and complete rows or columns." Used excel for years ever seen this error before. Using Excel 2007 on Vista, we just upgraded to SP2 for both systems. After testing a few times, I notice that system is generating a Name Range with no referencing cell range, the name range is called Print_Titles. If I delete the name range it removes the error message and able to use print preview and able to print. Notice it is occurring more ofter when client is copying a worksheet to ...

Howto not print a background color
In my wrksht a cell range is highlighted as an indicator to various users, the highlight is a background autofill color. I would like to print with out this background color subject in the printed version. Thanks---Jeff ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Jeff File>Page Setup>Sheet Checkmark "Black and White". Gord Dibben XL2002 On Wed, 3 ...

Creating Excel Invoice Template
I have been trying to customize a downloaded template but was frustrated so trying to create my own invoice. My question is once I input the formulas how do I keep/save them ???? when I enter the first calcualtions all is well, but if I go back and edit in the cell where the formula resides I lose the formula ??? I am a relative newbie to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have searched this site and cannot find a link to creating an invoice worksheet. Sasha ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

Sending Email in Excel
1.) I have a formula in a cell that when clicked, sends an email to recipients in the formula. I have pasted the formula below. What I want to do is put the date after the "End of Day: " part. However, when you click on the link, it gives the serial representation of the date if you use today(). Is there anyway to format so that is shows the date formatted correctly? In cell A1: =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("mailto:Person1@abc.com; Person2@abc.com?Subject=End of Day - ",A34,": Acc: ",AB1," for ","$",AA1," | Feats: ",'Enh Feats'...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

can I lock screen so only clicked links move slides in sldeshow
I have created question slides with Yes and No links to the next corresponding slides eg if answer yes link goes to slide 2 if answer No goes to slide 3 this happens during slide show presentation I want to be able to lock the rest of the slide so that only a link click can progress to the next slide because the process does not run in order if you just click anywhere on the screen to progress the slides On Jan 28, 5:19=A0pm, Workworry <Workwo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created =A0question slides with Yes and No links to the next > corresponding ...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...