I am making a charts with weird X-values for my Ecology cl\

i am making a chart with weird X-values.  Instead of single, whole numbers, I
need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc.  Please help
me!!  My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me
crazy for days!
0
Holly (37)

What chart type are you using?

If you want your X-axis to be category labels, rather than actual numbers,
you may find that a line chart (or one of the other chart types) is more
suitable than an XY (scatter) chart, if the latter is what you are currently
trying.
--
David Biddulph

"Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am making a chart with weird X-values.  Instead of single, whole numbers,
> need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc.  Please help
> me!!  My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving
> me
> crazy for days!

0
groups9994 (52)

Make a Windows taskbar button to open an Excel worksheet?
I have a particular Excel 97 spreadsheet that I use everyday, and which I access countless times each day. The way I get to it each time I want to use it, is to first click the Microsoft Excel button on the Windows 98 task bar, and then in Excel I click the "Window" menu button at the top of the screen, and finally click the name of the my Excel worksheet. That makes three clicks (along with the wait time after each click on this yard sale P-133 of mine). I'm wondering if there might be a way that I could create a button or icon on my Windows 98 taskbar or in my system tray th...

Searching Lookup values in Quick Find: Not possible?
I note that when a search term is entered into the Quick Find box, and that term only occurs in the value of a Lookup field, no results are returned. For example, searching for a potential customer's name in the Opportunity quick find doesn't return any records. I haven't found anything stating that this isn't possible, but I'm assuming that searching on Lookup fields doesn't work. The only way I can think to make this work is to add a custom field that is updated by scripting with the value of the Lookup field, and to add this custom field to the Search Results...

Changing values
I have a many-to-many relationship between Outings (with a primary key of EventID) and Members (with a primary key of MemberID). There is a table that ties the 2 together, tblAttendees that holds the EventID and MemberID. Recently, the MemberID of the tblAttendees changed on 2 records in the table. I can see the before in an earlier version of the database and can see what changed in the current database. It appears to be the first event in the tblAttendee which is changing when a new member is added. Am I doing something wrong or ?? Jeffrey Marks wrote: >I have a many-to-many ...

optional nillable values
Hi, I have added an optional nillable element to a schema like this - .... <xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Id" type="xs:int" nillable="true"/> .... A class is generated from this using xsd.exe and which is used by a web service where it makes it's way into the wsdl as: <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="Id" nillable="true" type="s:int" /> Now when the client consumes the web service I get a class class Thing { [System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementA...

Steps in displaying a UTF-16 BMP value using TextOutW() ???
Assuming that the typeface represents the character in question, exactly what additional steps are required to display a character glyph that is within the Basic Multi-lingual Plane? Do I have to select a specific CharSet that differs depending upon the BMP value? lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined: ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET I don't think these actually ap...

Selecting and copying columns based on a cell value
I am trying to do somthing simple (?) without unnecessary copies etc o the data, (my methods so far seems too messy) Basically What I want to do is scan through these various workbooks an worksheets copying in all columns that match a specific value (eg wher row 5 = "XYZ") More info: Using Excel 2002 and this needs to be rerunable on a daily basis t replace the manual copy/paste method in use now. I have source data in multiple workbooks (submitted by differen individuals) and I want to scan through these extracting out only thos columns that match a criteria. Unfortunately the da...

Mac Excel 08 puts "#VALUE!" in all pivot table references when opening an WIN Excel 97 file.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15.4, 3.06GHz, 8GB RAM running Mac Excel 2008 (v12.1.0 080409). When I use Mac Excel 2008 to open excel files that I created in Windows Excel 97 2004, all my pivot tables convert correctly but any REFERENCES to any fields within the pivot table do NOT show the valid values that Excel 97 showed. Instead all refrences have &quot;#VALUE!&quot; in the cell. There is a valid reference startement there but no valid value. How can I fix this? You are a few updates behind: make ...

New Chart Types
Hi there, I am currently preparing some reports for a very general audiance and I am finding the excel charts a bit 'boring' for want of a better word. Does anyone know of any add-ons that would enable me to create charts of different types like petrol guages for example? Hope this makes sence and someone can help. Thanks You'll find lots of examples on Jon Peltier's web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartIndex.html and Andy Pope's site: http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm Brian Thomson wrote: > I am currently preparing some reports for a v...

Sum IF (x and Y)
how do I create a formula to get a SUM if two columns are utilized, in other words, sum if AREA(columnA) is 10, and WORK(columnb) is CONSTRUCTION... How can you tyoe the formula... thanks Juan Ah, but what if he has entries where he has CONSTRUCTION in B and a number other than 10 in A. He would get them counted as 10 well. =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=10)*(B1:B100="CONSTRUCTION"))*10 will hopefully do it though -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP --------------------------------------...

Multiple charts from 1 source data
Hi all I am battling with graphs/ charts in Excel 2007. I am basically looking for a way that I can create multiple graphs based on a sheet with a bunch of simple data. What I have is a sheet that contains a list of servers with 3 datapoints (Min, Max, Avg) Example: Server Name/Min/Max/Avg server1/53/100/64 server2/52/99/63 server3/51/98/62 and this list caries on for up to 200 servers. I need to create graphs per server in an automated way. I have tried this script but it does not represent the data labels correctly. It does not show me the Min/Max/Avg as a legend ...

Combo Box starting value
Hey there, I have a combo box with values, with one value being "None" How can I get this value to be the first one to show up in my combo box. Asc and Desc are not doing it for me. Thanks! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 You don't mention how you are sorting the displayed values in your combobox. You don't mention whether the combobox is based on a value list or on a query (or a table). More info, please... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: ...

help!save my job...charting time is causing me headache!
:confused: Hi there! I have a problem charting some data.... Column A: I have values of 1 through 23 (these are cycles in m business) Column B: I have a different time value associated with coresspondin cycle in format H:mm Example: cycle 1 took 29:55 (29hours and 55minutes) I need to display as a graph/chart for tomorrow am! Y axis are my cycles X axis should be intervals of time in increments of 5 hours Is it not charting properly because time is displayed H:mm- does i need to be decimal format? Also, the data i am grabbing is from cell that have formulas attached, so does that cause a ...

how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage
i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks Say we want to increase a column of values by 6%. In an unused cell, enter 1.06. Copy this cell. Select the column of numbers. PasteSpecial > Multiply -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "colinchurcher" wrote: > i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it ,i just need to know how to > increase the whole price list column by a percentage , thanks 1. In cell H 1 I have:- 10 2. In cell I 1 I have:- ...

How to put conditions in Excel Chart data labels?
It annoys me to see the Data Label still appears for zero value in a chart. Is there a way to put in condition that if value is zero then do not show the Data Labels? Use a custom number format that doesn't show zeros, for example, one of these: $0.00;($.00);;@ 0.0%;-0.0%;;@ 0;0;;@ For more about number formats, see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Therese" <Therese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Newbie OLAP pivottable filter and sort on values
Hi, I have the simpliest of cube pivottables: Year as report filter, Products as Row labels and Amount as value. Is there a way to filter (a cube pivottable) rows on values ie "amount > 1000" or "amount <> 0" ? I only find (when rightclicking Products row label) "Filter top 10". /Jerome I use Excel2007 and AnalysisServices2005 sp3 cubes. ...

Setting a default value?
Is there a way to set a default value in a cell? I have a column that looks at a list of values which are stored on a separate sheet. I would like the value to default to a value on that list. Thanks for your help, Grace how about somehting like a sheet activate event where if target.address then target=sheets("sheet1").range("a2") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Grace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b55201c4891f$b32d2bd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to set a default value in a cell? I hav...

Multiple Page Chart
How can I create a chart that spans multiple pages? Thanks, ...

Evaluating during Trial period
Our group is assessing various Org Charting software. Can someone tell me if the following is possible in Visio and if so provide a quick outline of what would have to be done? We have multiple users that need to create Org Charts using the same format, including a legend. The data will be retrieved via an ODBC connection (we have this part functioning with the trial version). Is there a way, when the data is being loaded, to use a customized Org Chart wizard or template? I see how to apply a custom template when manually creating a new chart, but is there a way to apply it when auto...

option group
I have 2 check boxes in an option group, I have 1 check box for yes and another for no, when i start typing in a field the no check box automatically gets checked, I tried to set the default option group value to isNull but the check keeps appearing in the no box. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Is you option group bound to a yes/no field from your table? If so, the problem is that Access does not support Null in yes/no fields, so as soon as you start entering something, the yes/no field becomes False. Presumably the one text box has the Option Value 0 (for False), ...

Conditional Formatting A Cell Based on Another Cell's Value
I have a report where I want to use conditional formatting on the two far right-hand columns. Applying conditional formatting to right-hand column 1 (RHC1) which consists of percentages is easy. If the value in any cell in this column is less than .85 the cell is shaded green, if greater than or equal to .85 and less than or equal to 1 the cell is cell is shaded yellow, if it's greater than 1 it is shaded red. Right-hand column 2 (RHC2) consists of whole numbers. I want the shading of the cells in RHC2 to match the shading of the cells next to them in RHC1. I have tried to create formu...

Dynamic title on a graph/chart?
I have an embedded graph/chart on a form (in the Propertis, it has Class = MsGraph.Chart.8). I have parameterized my database everywhere except for the Chart Title. Is there anyway to get under the covers and cause this to be populated dynamically? e.g., if it were just the form I would put = fncName("Principle1"). In general, where can I go to learn about Charts/Graphs? Could you give me a little bit of guidance about how to reference the chart title in code? I write code for forms and in modules, but I don't know how to reference the guts of a chart. "Dhona...

Excel Charts
I have several Excel charts that I am working on for a presentation. I plan on using Powerpoint for the presentation but am creating the charts in Excel. One problem that I am having is that I have a text box that I have placed on my chart below the title - I need to copy the entire chart so that I can paste it into Powerpoint but when I click on the chart to copy.... the text box disappears. I've tried sending the chart to back.... the funny thing is if I copy the text box to another cell and paste it.... then copy it back on to the chart it seems to stay. What's that all about. Any...

macro to check if cells have values in them...then
Hi - I am looking for a macro that will check 2 things....then do something. The first is if a range of cell values in are blank. lets say Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D6:G48"). Next is if a particular cell contains a given value , Sheets("sheet1").Range("E5") should equal "Year 1" if true. If both these are true then I want the macro to copy a range of cells from Sheets("Sheet2").Range("H6:H48") to Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D6:D48"). I tried to use IsEmpty but it seems to return a "False" if a...

Visio 2007 value stream mapping help guide
Hello, I would like to have a tutoriel to how to use the VSM template in visio 2007. Do you have any usefull information that will show how we enter all the data and customize the mapping ? I have a specific information on the process icon: how do we change the number of operator ? I find how the hide it by right clicking on icon, but I never find how to change it. Look on the example on the office web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx There is 1 operator for Stamping and 2 operators for the assambly box. Also, on the second picture on that link, the Stamp...

How do you set up a Pivot table. Ccan't make it work
I have never done one before. No matter what directions or instructions I read or follow or templates I use, I can make a simple Pivot Table! A simple report of 4 fiscal quarters. I'm about to scream. There are some introductory examples here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm and links to more here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm Pay attention to descriptions of how your data must be arranged. If the data ain't right, the pivot table will be wrong. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http:...