hyperlink to Chart

Dear experts,
 I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go
directly on that
charts).
I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this
does not work for charts...

I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks
resident at one sheet (like indexing)

0
Chetoos (6)

Hi,

You can not hyperlink directly to chart sheets. You can use VBA code
though. Jon Peltier has more information on the subject.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can not hyperlink directly to chart sheets. You can use VBA code
> though. Jon Peltier has more information on the subject.
> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Chetoos wrote:
> > Dear experts,
> >  I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go
> > directly on that
> > charts).
> > I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this
> > does not work for charts...
> >
> > I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks
> > resident at one sheet (like indexing)
> >

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Chetoos (6)
8/2/2005 11:25:06 AM
It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
mimic the action of a hyperlink.

Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
0
andy9699 (3616)
8/2/2005 11:41:48 AM
Hello Andy;

  Yea , the second one , i tried the code and doesn work ; donno why

"Andy Pope" wrote:

> It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
> mimic the action of a hyperlink.
>
> Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?
>
> Cheers
> Andy
>
> Chetoos wrote:
> > I donno why it doesnt work ? :S
> >
> > "Andy Pope" wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>You can not hyperlink directly to chart sheets. You can use VBA code
> >>though. Jon Peltier has more information on the subject.
> >>http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html
> >>
> >>Cheers
> >>Andy

> >>--
> >>
> >>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >>http://www.andypope.info
> >>

> --
>
> Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> http://www.andypope.info

0
Chetoos (6)
8/2/2005 11:49:01 AM
becouse i have many chart sheets , and i wanna make hyperlink to each chart
sheet at the one sheet , is that  possible , and if possible would you olease
give me example for;
                                  Many Thx for your time;

"Chetoos" wrote:

> Hello Andy;
>
>   Yea , the second one , i tried the code and doesn work ; donno why
>
> "Andy Pope" wrote:
>
> > It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
> > mimic the action of a hyperlink.
> >
> > Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Andy
> >
> > Chetoos wrote:
> > > I donno why it doesnt work ? :S

> > --
> >
> > Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
> > http://www.andypope.info

0
Chetoos (6)
8/2/2005 11:59:03 AM
List all your chart sheets in the table of contents worksheet, and
adjust the code so it points to the entire range of chart names. If they
are listed in cells C3:C12, for example, change this line in the sample code

   If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then

to this

   If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C3:C12")) Is Nothing Then

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Chetoos wrote:
> becouse i have many chart sheets , and i wanna make hyperlink to each chart
> sheet at the one sheet , is that  possible , and if possible would you olease
> give me example for;
>                                   Many Thx for your time;
>
> "Chetoos" wrote:
>

>>Hello Andy;
>>
>>  Yea , the second one , i tried the code and doesn work ; donno why
>>
>>"Andy Pope" wrote:
>>

>>>It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
>>>mimic the action of a hyperlink.
>>>
>>>Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>Andy

>>>--
>>>
>>>Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
>>>http://www.andypope.info

population pyramids using bar charts with a secondary axis
I have a problem that I had given up as unsolvable, but after recently learning about secondary axes, I've made encouraging progress. However, I'm stuck on the last step(s), and I'm hoping that someone will have some suggestions. My organization has been producing reports that contain population pyramids. In the past, all of their reports have been printed, so it didn't matter that in order to get the desired look, they had to use two charts slightly overlapping each other. However, we are getting to the point where we would like our charts to be available online for download....

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink
I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files, gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing, the files Anyone got any ideas JimR Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the hyperlink field): Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String) Dim browser As Vari...

how can I show repeating values in a chart?
I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how can I show that compared to the number 50 which come up 2 times in the sheet? Thanks for the help Hi, You will need to compute those values using formula or a pivot table and then chart the results. Cheers Andy Cindy wrote: > I would like to show modes in the form of a pie chart but am not sure how. > For example the number 73 comes up 3 times in a column on my spreadsheet, how > can I show that compared to the number 50 whi...

more symbols in chart
I need to chart an experiment data for 28 monkeys. I wanted to use a separate symbol for each monkey. I am limited to black and white only, so I can't use multiple colors. I am experimenting on changing white, black for back ground color, fore color, to make a distinct symbol for each monkey. Does any body know how do we get more symbols on the chart? Thanks in advance for any help, sheela Jon Peltier has instructions for Custom series markers: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomSeriesFormatting.html sheela wrote: > I need to chart an experiment data for 28 ...

Drop Down List for Chart
I have grouped my series into several groups. How do I display a drop down list including the groups which will dynamically identify which series to plot on the chart? For example: Group A = Series 1, Series 2, Series 3 Group B = Series 4, Series 5 Group C = Series 6 Drop down list includes values: "Group A", "Group B", "Group C" When Group A is selected within the drop down, Series 1, 2 and 3 are plotted on the chart. Do you mean you have to plot data, and have the chart move week to week? if so, easiest way is to use a hlookup/vlookup "savior1&quo...

Truncated "y" axis label in chart
:confused: Hi guys I have a problem with Excel, the label on the �Y� axis appears truncated even though I have resized the chart. Then, I looked the file in another computer with the same version of excel than mine as well as in another with a different version and in both look fine. Thus, I erased and re-installed excel in my computer to no avail. I have also re-sized the chart and used it both as object embedded and in separate sheet, it doesn't fix the problem. Any suggestions to fix this problem? -- flakkortin -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

How do I assign labels to scatter charts
Hi. I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual points. How do I do this? Many thanks in advance for your help. Tom Hi, Here is an explanation of how to link a chart text element to a cell. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm But if you have more than a couple of data labels to do you really need to use code. This free addin will do it for you. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy ThomasStudd wrote: > Hi. > > I'm making an x-y scatter chart but can't assign labels to the individual > points. H...

3D Pie Chart
Hello all-I have created a 3-D pie chart in Excel and would like some of the pies to be thicker than others...raised higher, thicker, like have the same foundation but the ones I am discussing during the presentation to raise above the others not seperating from the pie. Does that make sense? I am using Excell 2007 but also have access to 2003 and the newest version. If anyone knows how to do this any help woould be so greatly apprecaited. THANKS! Hi, Excel is not designed to do that, maybe a simple alternative would be to explode the segment of the pie you want to emphasize. To e...

Scatter Charts #3
Hi, I am plotting a XY chart. I want that every point should be of different colour. Possibly I can define a range of 2 columns where column 1 contains the name for which the point is plotted and column 2 contains the colour for that point. I have seen this being done in one chart but that person is no longer available for help Please tell me how is it done Thanks Shilps Hi Shilps - Double click on the chart, and on the Options tab, check the Vary Colors by Point box. Now that you know where it's hidden, you'll become the resident expert! - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

Reprsent negative values in excel charts
Hi, Can someone help in how to reprsent the negative values in the chart and which is the best chart to represent it? What type of chart are you making? In a line, column, bar, XY, or area chart, the negative values are merely plotted on the other side of an axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "uha" <uha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166604B5-A331-4EE6-8010-D921C1EEA017@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can someone help in how to reprsent t...

Publisher 2000 hyperlinks unstable
I have been using Publisher 2000 to build a web site. Each page of this Publisher document (web site) contains a long text block and many words in the text block are inserted hyperlinks each of which calls up an image residing on another web site. The Publisher web site gets updated regularly which often results in the following problem. On one or more pages that were UNTOUCHED by the update all the hyperlinks beyond a certain point in the text block no longer work. I check the URLs and they're all correct . When viewing the web site the non-functioning hyperlinks that the browser s...

Money 2004: Error in Subtotals and Cash Flow Charts
On my Account List screen and in the charts on my Cash Flow screen, the subtotals for my checking, credit card, and investment accounts are shown as ridiculously large numbers (i.e. $268,991,640,696,311.71). When I check each account for beginning balances ($0) and all of the transactions in each account, I can't find anything that would be causing this. (The ending balances at the list of transactions in each account is correctly listed.) My currency is also correctly set to USD. Does anyone know where this huge number might be coming from? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money...

conditional format of data tables in charts
I've created a chart that is based on a data set where the cells have conditional formatting (if value a > value b then colour the cell red) I have the data table displayed with the chart (in chart options, 'show data table' is ticked), but the condtional formatting is not displayed in this table, i.e cells that are red in my original data set are not coloured in the chart table. Is there any way to apply the conditional format on the table displayed within the chart? Cheers Dan. Daniel, Unfortunately you can't apply conditional formating to data tables. However, yo...

hyperlink 03-15-07
Hi all,In the click event of a button,i have input the following code:If [Language] = "Greek" Then Command48.HyperlinkAddress = "\\10.43.0.132\Company\MSKB\Auto Reply\Greek.doc"If [Language] = "Hebrew" Then Command48.HyperlinkAddress = "\\10.43.0.132\Company\MSKB\Auto Reply\Hebrew.doc"Now i need urgently that if [language] is something else other than "greek" or "hebrew" the hyperlink is deleted.. On Mar 15, 4:18 pm, Pietro <Pie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:> Hi all,> In the click event of a button,i have input the ...

Changing multiple hyperlinks
Hi anybody! I'm trying to change multiple hyperlinks in Excel. What I have are a bunch of hyperlinks which point anywhere, for example: afolder/folder1/folder3/2003.doc or bfolder/folder2/folder3/2003.doc so basically the only thing in common with all these hyperlinks is that they all point to a 2003.doc in a folder. What I need to do is change the document name to 2004. Please tell me how I can do this! I tried a few things but all either change the first part of a directory or only http:// hyperlinks. Is there a way to change the hyperlinks so that if a macro finds "2003.doc...

Excel has stopped showing graphs on seperate chart tabs
All chart only worksheets appear as the vacant background (as if no file is open) yet the worksheet tabs are all visible. Charts embedded in a worksheet show OK. This applies to all files created or historic 97-2003 type files. What's causing it and what can I do? ...

Can a chart add data to a table?
Once I have created a chart, is it possible to use functions so that the chart's data is automatically inputted into a table I create? I know this seems to be a little backward, but any assistance/ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you. The chart's data already comes from a worksheet somewhere. Can't you use the original data? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ A little stuck wrote: > Once I have created a chart, is it possible to use functions so that the > chart's data is automatically inputted into a table...

chart "squaring"
I'm trying to "square" a chart... I mean: given 2 points (P1 and P2) with coordinates P1(x1,y1) and P2(x2,y2), I want set the vertical (y) distance between P2 and P1 equal to the horizontal distance between the points (on the monitor, in pixels). I start with a chart, and after drawing the chart (let's say with ..plotarea.width = k) I want resize it to fit my need. From a matematichal point of view, the problem is very simple. What I want is that: (y2-y1) -------- = 1 (x2-x1) So (y2-y1) = (x2-x1). Obviously you have to consider the value in pixel of both y2, y1 and x2,x...

Better display of my pie charts
Is there a way to get a better image of my pie charts? They are really stair stepped and when I put them in my Word Document of my report it looks less than professional. Is there a way to get excel to smooth the curves better? Thanks, Tom On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, tshad <tfs@dslextreme.com> said: >Is there a way to get a better image of my pie charts? > >They are really stair stepped and when I put them in my Word Document of my >report it looks less than professional. Is there a way to get excel to >smooth the curves better? So...

How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?
Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart drawn in Excel file?" See examples on my website using Trapezoid & Simpson's Rule. Bernard www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips "kp" <kp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3BF4B4B-6030-45E1-B17E-50005FD9FBAB@microsoft.com... > Can anyone please let me know "How do I measure area under a line chart > drawn in Excel file?" I'm not aware of such a feature in the various chart menus, but you can calculate the area directly from the data used for th...

Specify style and color of marker in chart
Hello -- User plans to plot no more than 8 data series, and Wants series marker to be a: - specified style("shape") (chosen from among 8 preferred shapes), and - solid color (chosen from among 8 preferred colors) Shape and color are arbitrarily assigned, depending on the sequence in which the series is plotted. Current code successfully plots the data, but does not assign marker style or color the way we want. Can someone tell me what is wrong with the following code? Function SeriesPlot( _ SeriesNum As Integer, _ SeriesName As String, _ RangeSeries As...

Default chart Title for Pivot Charts
Hi, I have a pivot table and i am creating a pivot chart of it. The problem is there is not title for the chart when it is created. I want to set a title to the chart before it is created. how can i achieve this? why does excel give a blank chart title when it is created? Expecting a positive reply Thanks Nagesh ...

chart type does not correspondent with what I choose
If I want to make a chart in excel 2007, I go to insert, scatter, and click on the first pictogram: markings without lines. But each time I do this, I receive a chart, WITH lines. Is this a known problem, and are there work-arounds or patches? Thank you in advance, Bruno Curieus: if I first add the data, select them, and then make a chart, it does it without lines. If I first make a chart, and later add the data (wich is necessaire if the different columns of data are not next to each other) it uses lines. Also, setting scatter without lines as standard, in the "other chart type&...