Hyperlink to a chart

Hi,

I have created a graph and placed it as a chart in a new sheet rathe
than an object in an existing sheet. It is therefore classified as
Chart rather than a Worksheet. When I try to insert a hyperlink to th
Chart, it does not show up in the hyperlink browser along with th
other existing Worksheets.

Is this because the Chart is not technically a worksheet??

Is there any way I can create a hyperlink to the Chart like I can t
every other Worksheet?

If anyone knows how to insert a hyperlink to a chart sheet, I woul
greatly appreciate them sharing it with me.

Kind regards,

Stuart Wilso

Stuart -

It's in the Charting FAQ:
  http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon016

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/
_______

melvin < wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a graph and placed it as a chart in a new sheet rather
> than an object in an existing sheet. It is therefore classified as a
> Chart rather than a Worksheet. When I try to insert a hyperlink to the
> Chart, it does not show up in the hyperlink browser along with the
> other existing Worksheets.
>
> Is this because the Chart is not technically a worksheet??
>
> Is there any way I can create a hyperlink to the Chart like I can to
> every other Worksheet?
>
> If anyone knows how to insert a hyperlink to a chart sheet, I would
> greatly appreciate them sharing it with me.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stuart Wilson
>

> ---

Jon,

thanks for directing me toward a solution - the FAQ site was a great
help!

Very clever way around the problem.

many thanks

Stuart

---

Is this bug in Excel 2007 charts?
This is a problem with "dynamic charts" that occurs in Excel 2007 but not in Excel 2003. Create a SS in Excel 2007 with two worksheets. On the first sheet, enter a column of data (a few rows' worth is enough). On the other sheet, define a single-cell named range "years". Now go back to the first sheet, and define a named range calling it, say, "data" as =OFFSET($B$5,0,0,years,1) (where $B$5 is the first cell of data entered, of course). Now create a "dynamic" column chart from that data range by creating a chart from the column of data then c...

Type of chart???
I would like to create a chart that plots a predicted value as a linr or marker, lets say 60000 which could be classed as a total amount. This 60000 could correspond to 100% on the graph. At the same time I want the graph to show monthly (%) figures, possibly in a one stacked bar type arrangement which when totalled may add up to the predicted 60000 (100%) or may be under or over, depending on how good my prediction was. Is there such a graph to do this? The trouble I am finding at the moment is that graph wants to consolidate both the monthly figures and the predicted figure toge...

Can I display multiple time lines on a chart?
I am doing a chart that displays scheduled project timelines and costs. I would like to add a second series shows the actual dates when items were delivered and paid for while still showing the original scheduled dates. Is that possible? Yes, this is possible, but it's going to take a little more work. I'm assuming you're using a stacked bar Gantt chart approach similar to the one here: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html For each row in the original data source, you will now need three...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Excel 2003 xy chart
I'm trying to use the xy plot to plot around 12,000 points in one series. My understanding is that Excel should cope quite happily with up to 36,000 in one series. However, I can't get it to chart more than 330 points without it stopping working. Specifically, I have one set of points (age) ranging from 50 to 100 and a second set of points which is a percentage ranging from 0% to 100%. When I try to plot more than 330 points, the chart essentially becomes a line chart but without a line joining the points. That is, the points cease to be ordered according to age, but are simply pl...

Comparing charts dynamically
I created a worksheet to have 2 charts on them. The first uses information from the main worksheet to pull in averages from 15 different worksheets. It also has a combo box to select the item (column) they are trying to average from 20 different columns. This one works fine. What I am trying to do with the second chart is using a Name range select a worksheet using the same column from the first combo box so the user can compare one specific area versus overall averages. Here is the info I have for the first combo box and chart so it can be updated. XValues=OFFSET('CORP DATA...

Chart data series background color
How do I change the background color for the data series? I want a bar chart to display the bars with a blue color. When a number in the data series is negative, I want the bar representing the negative number to be red. On the Format Data Series window on the Patterns tab, I have checked the box that says "Invert if negative." Now when negative, the bar color is white. I can't find where to set the background color to red. You can select a different background colour to format the column. There will be a pattern showing in the column, but this may be an acceptable opti...

charting categories
I am trying to do a column chart with the training that people attended below. I would like to find which people took "AT LEAST ONE CLass", AT Least TWO classes, and AT LEAST 3 Classes and that's it. I would like to put it by Department. I have done a pivot table and did IF function to create the "the AT Least One Class, etc. but now I want to chart the info - not sure how to do the "count "- It seems like it should be easier than this. Any ideas or quick ways to summarize on charts TRaining taken info???? Thanks, BArb Department First Last Location Le...

make the cell hyperlink to any name within it
is it possible to make the hyperlink relevent to the text within a cell. i.e if the cell said paul it would email to pauls email address or if the same cell said mark it would email to marks email address and so on. any ideas regards Hoyt Create a table with two columns, column A would be a name, Paul etc, column B would contain the equivalent email address from column A Select the range of data entered then choose Insert Menu and Name and enter a name for this range. Then use Data Sort (this function wont work unless the data is sorted into order). Highlight the cell you want say C2 ...

XL2007: line chart lines disappear when referenced workbook is not open
What we are doing is putting the charts in a separate workbook to the data that they are drawn from. This works fine in Excel 2003. But in Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 it is really weird. Can someone please confirm this. 1. Open a new workbook. 2. On Sheet1:make a range of data 3. On Sheet2:create a chart with "lines and dots" chart type that displays the data from "Sheet 1" 4. Save the workbook. 5. Copy the Sheet2 to a new workbook. Notice that in the new workbook there are lines connecting the dots on the chart. Now close the first workbook with the data. Notice that...

Removing "0"s from a chart
I've inheirted a chart that shows a monthly calculation and a year-to-date figure. For example: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul ETC..... YTD 5% 4% 5% 1% 0 0 0 4% In the example there is no data for May forward. In the source data, an If statement is used so that if there isn't any data it posts "", ex. =If (b3>0, b3/b6,"") What I need, or been asked to do is to remove the "0"s from the graph. Any ideas? Hi, Modify your formula to use NA() f...

creating stacked charts with two comparative columns
How do you create a stacked chart with two comparative columns, each column containing different data series. Example: column one would have various categories of type of items sold in $, column 2 would have $ shipped, back ordered. The columns would be grouped by month. How should the data be displayed in the spreadsheet? Is this doable in Excel? How do you want the charts to display? That'll help. "birchbark" <birchbark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269CE2F8-06FB-4ACD-9C00-7A2ED72BA516@microsoft.com... > How do you create a stacked chart...

Can not figure out the code for the chart layout type I want
I am trying to select a specific chart layout in my macro/VB code but can not tell what to use. When I use the macro record to record the chart layout type I want to use, it looks like this: ActiveChart.ApplyLayout (5) ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.DataTable.Select but ApplyLayout (5) does not work when I try to run the macro. I get an "item with specified name wasn't found" error. I hope someone can help?? Thanks! -- mfg2529 ...

Can't open hyperlinks to files
I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 Terminal Server, and have a pretty restrictive GPO applied to it. The users are restricted from most system tasks, and I set "Run only allowed Windows applications" under User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System. I have a list of .exe files set that they are able to run, and they are prevented from running anything else. MS Office 2003 is installed on this Terminal Server and the users are able to launch all of those applications. This was working fine for awhile, but after we installed some Microsoft Updates earlier this year, we found that...

Hiding parts of a curve on a chart
Hello! I've done this before, but it's a long time ago, and I forgot how I accomplished that... I would like to show a curve, but only some pieces of it. I mean: I would like to hide some pieces of the curve, pieces that correspond to irrelevant intervalls on my x-axis See for example the two curves here: http://bibin.hio.no/~michaelp/example1.gif Only three intervalls from a whole value-range are shown. And again: I cant remember what on earth I did to accomplish it, and I cannot repeat this for new curves. The entire curve, inclusive the uninteresting intervalls is shown....

Custom 2 axis chart saved as template fails to load
I created a custom chart by selecting 3 columns of data and charting it with the Stock -> Hi-Lo-Close. Then I added a 4th series and plotted that on the secondary axis. I saved the result as a template, but when I now select 4 columns of data and try to plot it on my custom template, I get: Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. Does anyone know what I could do to get this template to work? I tried loading 3 columns and got the same message. Thanks. ...

Working With Multiple hyperlinked files
Hi I have about 70 files linked to each other in a hyperlink, BUT they do not update automatically. what do i have to do that they updated allways? can i add a button for update? ...

adding new month to chart
I was emailed a line chart that is per month on numbers from 1000 to 9000 and want to update it with new monthly information. I don't work with excel often and am at a complete loss. If the monthly update is something that will happen on a regular basis, see Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <C3290873-20B3-4DEE-8217-D79EA493148E@microsoft.com>, BB@discussions.microsoft.com says......

Pivot Chart
Hi there, I have created a pivot chart (stacked column) in which I also use a secondary axis represented as a line. My problem is this. Whenever I change my data or criteria (via the pivot table drop downs)my secondary axis disappears from the chart. I am very new to the whole pivot chart thing so am I missing something simple here? Help! Thanks, Deb This is a known problem pivot chart formatting. There's some info in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http:/...

Waterfall chart add-ins?
Are there any add-ins available to make waterfall charts? Thanks! Hi, Not addins as such but here are some examples, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm http://edferrero.m6.net/Charting.aspx Cheers Andy Miles wrote: > Are there any add-ins available to make waterfall charts? > Thanks! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks Andy. I do need the ability to change the width of the individual bars (eg: http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-waterfall-chart.htm), but I am too cheap to f...

Non-contiguous ranges for chart
Basically, my daughter's problem is this: She needs to create a chart in Excel from the data below, which shows prices for two areas (London and Provincial) across the years in the top row. 1834 1852 1862 1864 1865 1868 1869 1871 1874 London �68.05 �68.05 �68.05 �80.00 Provincial �63.00 �75.00 �75.00 �75.00 �82.10 This produces a chart with a line for each set of data but they are effectively in one line. She has put them in rows like this because she (and I!!!) am stuck for a better way of doing it. What we would really like to do is have the two sets of data on...

Bar chart with character data in x and y axis ?
Hi all How can I create a bar chart with character data in x and y axis, not number? The bar chart is used for tracking production with lot name in y axis and step name in x axis. I know the list of first step to last step but how can I create a chart like that. Need your help. Daniel danielqk@gmail.com On Wed, 23 May 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How can I create a bar chart with character data in x and y >axis, not number? The bar chart is used for tracking >production with lot name in y axis and step name in...

Update Chart data Range with VBA
Hi, I do have approx 50 charts (with multiple series) in 1 workbook (excel 97) which show monthly data. I would like to update the chart data range to show always to the last 12 months of data by running once a month a macro. I would like to do with VBA and not with named ranges (as the latter means that I have to re-setup all graphs with named ranges). To do this I would like to read-out the current XValues and Values of the SeriesCollection(i) (see below) into a string or range and brake up the string and alter this to a new range and update the Seriescollection again. I have listed below...

Hyperlink changes when emailed...?
I write reports for dissemination through a network drive. The main report has multiple hyperlinks in it to secondary reports. Whenever I email the main report to my customers, they have been able to open it (Powerpoint 2003) and scroll through the report. The included links in the main report would send them to the various secondary reports they needed to view. Now when I try to email this main report, it changes all the hyperlinks to a local folder on my PC (C:/Document and Settings/Temporary Internet.....) Why would the links be reset to a different destination whenever the ...

Pivot Charts
I have created Pie charts from the pivot tables in Excel and have selected my own colours on the pie charts. However, when I select Refresh Data from the pivot table menu, I loose all my formatting. This is VERY annoying but perhaps I have a certain option set and that's why this happens. Anyone know how to keep the formatting of the charts from being reset when a refresh is done? Thanks in advance As posted previously. This is a known bug that required vba code to re-apply formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com...