How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings

How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007.

0
wsplawn (1)

Default Page Format set to custom, can't change.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel About six months ago I created a custom page setup in Word (4x7 inch). Now excel is always opening new documents in this custom format. I've gone into page setup and changed it, then saved it... nothing. I've checked the settings in the printer dialog under system preferences... all fine. <br><br>Any ideas how to get this back to opening in the standard letter size? Is your installation of Office fully updated? 12.2.3 is the current level & I seem to recall an issue several revisions ago wh...

Setting the focus
I have created a spreadsheet requiring data to be entered in a set order. By that I mean the first entry will be in the first blank cell in column "B". On pressing "Enter" I want the focus to move to C, D, E, F then M, N and O. Two questions: How do I get Excel to open with the focus in the first blank cell in column B? How do I set the movement of the focus on pressing "Enter"? The cells between column F and M are calculated cells and do not need to be selected. The cell in column A has the date automatically calculated when data is added to cell B, C or D. ...

No Setting for Saving Payments as Drafts
Was going to send a credit card pmt (epay). Money told me if I click submit it will be sent immediately. If I don't want to send it immediately and save it in drafts go to Settings>Bill Settings and select Save Payment as Draft (or something to that effect). I see no setting there for this. I'm using Money 2006. Thanks, James I'm not sure what your question is. Indeed, your message poses no question. What you want to do can only be done by scheduling a bill. If you enter it in the register, it's gone. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_Darwin.net> wrote in messag...

Set print area
Please help me! I'm probably being very thick but i cannot find where I can set the print area of an Excel document. It was so easy to use in the 2003 version and I'm struggling to find even the most basic functions in 2007. Hi, I think the ribbon is the most counter intuative pice if e2007. Click the page layout tab and you'll see 'Print area' there in the 'Page Setup' group -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

how to flip paired data in a table, so last pair appears at top o.
i have paired data in a columnar table. how would i flip the table, so the last data pair appear @ the top & the first @ the bottom? Hi in B1 enter: 1 in B2: 2 select both cells and copy down. Now sort with column B (descending) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany jim mcgrath wrote: > i have paired data in a columnar table. how would i flip the table, > so the last data pair appear @ the top & the first @ the bottom? ...

Code to have cells in the row formatted "Italics" when combo box value is set
Hi, Anybody know the VB code to have cells in the row formatted "Italics" when a combo choice value "EUR" left of the cells is set? Column A B C D value = EUR (format italics) (<- same) (<- same) USD (format normal) (<- same) (<- same) EUR (format italics) (<- same) (<- same) I cannot use Conditional Formatting as the conditions are already used. Bart Excel 2003 Hi, Why not avoid code and just use Conditional Formatting?...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Pivot Table Enhancements/Fixes in Excel 2003
We are debating migrating from Excel 2002 to 2003 to address some issues we have encountered using pivot tables running against Analysis Services cubes using pivots in Microsoft Excel 2002. I'm searching around for a comprehensive list of enhancements and fixes for Excel 2003 specifically related to the pivot table functionality and I'm having some trouble finding anything. Can you send me a link to such a list (or just the list itself) - we are specifically interested in know about any actual fixes that have gone into this version. Thanks I don't recall if there are any...

MAX sale price per customer from pivot?
Dear All this is a tricky one, well at least for me I have to determine out of three vehicle dealers who sold each particular model vehicle for the highest value and then have put into 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each model. This needs to be done on a number of vehicle models and registration years etc I was thinking of using a pivot table, showing the model on the left, then the customer, then the Max sale price in the data but how can I take this information so that a user can select a model and it shows whose 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed at selling for the highest value Needs to be extract by...

How do I graph a pivot table of sparse values?
I have created a pivot table that counts the number of occurences of numeric values between 4 and 16. The pivot table contains the following Value Count 9 2 10 1 11 1 12 7 13 4 14 1 15 1 16 3 There were no records that had the values 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8. I have created a pivot/column chart to display the counts (y-axis) of each value (x-axis). Because there are no counts for 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 the scale for the x-axis is 9 to 16. How do I create a chart with a scale from 4 to 16? (I've also noticed that...

Reminders in Calendar wont set
Hi All, This is my first time trying here, bit desperate to find answer. When I set a new appointment in my Calendar, and try and set reminder, it now gives me the following error message: "The reminder for "whatever appointment" will not appear because it is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is this Ok? Yes or No" If I select No, then it stays there waiting for me to do something, if I select yes, then it saves it in the Calender with the little reminder symbol showing but does not remind you. I have scoured the knwoledge base, outlook help etc, and cann...

Table Names
I made an access datebaste for people to enter their overtime in for work. At the end of each pay period the data is exported into another access database as a table with the name of the date of the end of the pay period. In that database I have another table called YearToDate. I want that table to contain all the information from each of the different pay periods. I am not sure if I am going about this the right way but I am trying to use a button that will clear the year to date table and then uses the following append query to add the data back into the YearToDate table: INSERT INTO Yea...

Turn off ActiveX Control warnings
Hi, Some staff are using the 'while you were out' form that's available for download on the web. One staff member is getting a warning each time they open the form: "This form contains an ActiveX control" and you have to choose enable/disable. Where can I set this permanently, so the user doesn't have to click enable/disable all the time? Cheers, Gav Make sure that you're using a published version of the form, not launching it from an .oft file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Data Collector Sets Not Collecting Data
When I create a new data collector set from performance monitor, everything seems to go well. The DCS is created and when I export the DCS to an .xml template, all the counters are there. The DCS Starts, but won't collect any data. Even if I create the DCS manually and add counters manually, it still doesn't seem to do anything. I have made sure it's running with credentials of a perf log user group member (and an administrator). The output file that's created is around 300 KB. It just holds no data. When I used the 'export' choice against the DCS, I get a...

Excel Pivot Chart Design
I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that change the color sceam but not the lay out(format) of the page? Anyone know if the law out and design option is available in office 07. Click any where within Pivot Table/Chart, accociated Manu Items will appear at right side on menu bar. "TAD" wrote: > I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option > for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that > change the colo...

Where to turn off entire Word program opens when previewing attch
Many users have complained about this. When opening a Word e-mail attachment the entire Word program is opened. Sometimes a viewer is opened on top of Word and when you close it Word is there with the file. Other times it just opens it in Word. Where are these options? I thought Help...Privacy...Options...Attachments Handling...Attachment and Document Previewers uncheck the Word options would change the behavior but it didn't. Version of Outlook and Word? Is it word's reading layout? To disable it, open Word's Tools, Options, General tab and uncheck the option to start wit...

Linking fields in different table in same database
I have a database (Access 2007) that is used for holding data on and communicating with FE colleges. Obviously (?) each college has a number of contacts (up to 14) and these are represented in two tables – one for College Details and one for Contact Details which are linked by a one to many relationship. Most colleges have one representative on one of 3 groups, but not all colleges are represented on all groups and some not on any. The membership of a group is noted by a field in the Contact details. Getting a query to run to identify membership of groups is OK. But I can’t fig...

Setting time for automatic hibernation -- how?
Hi, I forgot how to set time-limits for automatic shut-down or hibernation. Hint, please :-) TIA, Richard RichardOnRails wrote: > Hi, > > I forgot how to set time-limits for automatic shut-down or > hibernation. Hint, please :-) > > TIA, > Richard desktop - properties RichardOnRails wrote: > Hi, > > I forgot how to set time-limits for automatic shut-down or > hibernation. Hint, please :-) > You can schedule the invocation of a bat file that includes: %windir%\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll SetSuspendState S4 Whic...

Active Sync Calendar Settings
I'm using the default Outlook Calendar sync settings of 2 past weeks and all future weeks. How will calendar items old than 2 weeks be deleted on the SMT5600 with this setting? I use Archive at work to delete "clean up" my Calendar. Or do folks use the sync all past and future setting? Thanks Stan2000 <Stan2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using the default Outlook Calendar sync settings of 2 past weeks > and all future weeks. How will calendar items old than 2 weeks be > deleted on the SMT5600 with this setting? I use Archive at work to > ...

error connecting to linked tables
I built my own program for logistics purposes and use it on the intranet. Everything was OK till I had to reinstall my computer due to virus attack. Now I cannot connect to linked tables. I always receive message that MS Access encoutered a problem and have to be closed. I installed all updates and SP3 and compatibility pack... no use :( MS error reporting site simply suggests to by new version of office. Now I use 2002 version. Anybody knows the solution? It have to work because almost 4 month it worked! ...

How do I set defaut worksheet visible on opening workbook?
by default excel opens a workbook with the wosksheet that was visible the last time the file was saved. How do you set a workbook to open at a default worksheet, say where there are a list of instructions for the user? You can use a macro: Option Explicit sub auto_open() application.goto worksheets("Instructions").Range("a1"),scroll:=true end sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm bennyob wrote: > > by default excel opens a workbook with the wosksheet that was...

Set report to show project name instead of its ID
I have a tblProject that contains Projects and its activities. Since each project has more than one activity, I put the activities in tblActivity, using ProjectID as a foreign key in tblActivity (ProjectID is the primary key in tblProject). I set tblActivity ProjectID field to show project name because it’s easier for me to check if the activities where assigned to the correct project reading the project name instead of its ID. I did this on tblActivity datasheet view, selecting “Lookup” sheet and creating a query on “Rowsource” field (query shows project name instead of its ID). Now I tr...

RMS Tables In Smart list builder
Dear Fellows, I am using SLB in GP 8.0 it is working fine but It is showing only DSTOR database tables through Tools >> SmartList Builder >> Security >> SQL Table Security when I click/check any other database like RMS ,Dynamic etc then it is not showing its tables. Is anyone having any idea about this. Actually i want to make some Combine lists by using RMS and DSTOR databses. Thanks and Regards, Naveed Naveed, Once you are in the SQL Table Security window, mark the checkbox next to the Database you wish to use. Now click on the Database name itself. The ...

Query from two tables duplicating data
I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query is duplicating data so that each line item is listed multiple times. I can specify with more details if someone thinks they can help. Can you? Post the SQL of the query. If you are not familiar with how to do that, open your query in desingn mode, switch to SQL view, and copy/paste the code into your post. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rachael" wrote: > I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query > is duplicating data so that each line item is liste...

Table Storing Default Site ID?
I'm trying to find the table that stores the Default Site ID in the Item Quantities Maintenance window. I thought it would be in IV00102, but it doesn't seem to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Craig It's in the Item Master table (IV00101), in the LOCNCODE field. -- GP 9.0, SP2 "Craig" wrote: > I'm trying to find the table that stores the Default Site ID in the Item > Quantities Maintenance window. I thought it would be in IV00102, but it > doesn't seem to be. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated! > > Than...