How to Show/calculate End-values of Trendline?

Hello,

(Excel 2007)

I created a graph and a linear trendline, showing the equation:
y = mx+b

B determines the starting point.

How can I get the value of the end of the trendline?

Thanks for your help

rgds
Harry

0
hf (2)

The b parameter (the "intercept" ) is value of y at x=0 (where the line
crosses the y axis). It is not really an 'end'. To compute the value of y at
any other value of x  (let's say at a value of x stored in G3) use =slope*G1
+ intercept. Now you could copy the slope and intercept values from the chart
but you are better off using the SLOPE and INTERCEPT function. Read about
these in Help and them post a new mesage to get more help.
best wishes
--
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"H. Forstner" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> (Excel 2007)
>
> I created a graph and a linear trendline, showing the equation:
> y = mx+b
>
> B determines the starting point.
>
> How can I get the value of the end of the trendline?
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> rgds
> Harry

Hello Bernard,

>The b parameter (the "intercept" ) is value of y at x=0 (where the line
>crosses the y axis). It is not really an 'end'.

Sure. At X=0 I meant the start of the visible line.

And I would like to calculate the end of the visible trendline.

>To compute the value of y at
>any other value of x  (let's say at a value of x stored in G3) use =slope*G1
>+ intercept.

What is G1 or G3?

rgds
harry

0
hf (2)

Functions not re calculating automatically
i've lost all my automatic re-calculation ability in ALL of my spreadsheets if i change a number it will not re calculate automatically - i have to go to the function line, put my cursor at the end of the formula and hit enter for it to re-calculate. What have I done? I'm using Excel 2002. Thank you cjv, tools. options, calculation, check automatic -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "cjv" <cjv@discu...

On labels the background grip is not showing? How do I get it bac
I am using MS Publisher and when I open to do a label for a cd/dvd the background grips is not showing? Does anybody knows how can I turn this option on? Any ideas? Thanks -- Peter Aragon Are you asking about the pre-designed circles that are part of the CD template? Is the template you are using a Publisher template? What version Publisher? Are you sure you haven't put an object in front of the circle? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Word" <Word@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

create calculated field for age in pivot tables
I need to create a calculated field for Age from the birth date within a Pivot Table (Excel Office 2007). I can not create age in the data set because it is pulling directly from a data source. I tried just using the formula =INT((TODAY()- Birthday)/365.25) but received an error. Hi That won't work because you cannot use NOW() or TODAY() in PT Calculated fields or items. I think the only way you can do it (approximately) if you cannot add a field to your source data, would be to make a calculated field with the formula =2010-Year(Birthday) -- Regards Roger G...

Copying Formatting and Value
I need lots of help people. I have a spreadsheet with about 20 worksheets. The first worksheet is the Master sheet. There is a column in the other 19 worksheets that links to the master. I want this column to copy the value, and also the formatting. When I say formatting, I really mean the background colors,and text colors that are on the master. The master will be changed periodically, and I want the other 19 sheets to auto update all of my formatting. The formula that I have so far is this, but this does not copy the formatting. =IF(ISBLANK(MASTER!$A$4),"",MASTER!$A$4) C...

Adding suffix to all the values in a field ( concatenate)
I want to add a suffix to all the values in one field.. and I tried the follwing but show errors temp = RNP temp = Trim(Left(temp) & "_" & "Ct") MsgBox temp my output should show at RNP_Ct -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 temp = temp & "Ct" -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat for a day; teach someone to fish and they eat for a lifetime". "mls via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I want to add a suffix to all the val...

Filter to rename file based on days-since calculation
Is there a Windows filter which would enable me to take a base date and insert the number of days since that date into my filename? For example, using January 1, 2010 as a base date, I would like to be able to take a file named, say, "20100103 (n days since Jan 1) - file name.xyz" and rename it to "20100103 (2 days since Jan 1) - file name.xyz" Thanks! ...

Pivot Tables
I am creatind a weekly report on mail despatched. Need to report on a day by day basis ie with the days along the top. The data is a simple log of two columns:- Date Sent, Service Level(mail despatched within 2 working days) there will be days when no mail will be despatched. How do i get these into a pivot table? was thinking i should create a seperate list of each day. but not sure how to build this into the pivot table. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks Vincent Right-click on the date field, and choose Group and Show Detail > Group Group by Year, Month and Day Click O...

Calculating days
I have dates like 29 March to 5 May how do i calculate the number of days Just subtract the earlier from the later and format the cell as General or Number. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 26, 1:04=A0pm, james <p...@commey.msn.com> wrote: > I have dates like 29 March to 5 May how do i calculate the number of days Just to add to Pete's post, if you want to count both the dates 29 March and 5 May, append +1 to the end of the subtraction. ie: A1= 29/03/08 A2=5/05/08 =A2-A1+1 gives 38 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings san...

The SAVE AS button does not show save to G: drive
the SAVE AS does not recognize another drive I assume you clicked on the "Save In" dialog box dropdown and could not see any other drive. This would not be an Excel issue IMO. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:49:03 -0800, Marilyn S <Marilyn S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >the SAVE AS does not recognize another drive I said SAVE AS not "IN" Excel 2007 does not show a SAVE INbutton > > On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:49:03 -0800, Marilyn S <Marilyn > S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >the SAVE AS does not recognize...

Calculating the column
Hi, Sorry to ask but... I want to calculate the column for a vert.search function. Say a want to start the search at column (2*3) [=6], how can I transform the "6" in "F"? Thanks very much in advance. Fred Is this for VBA? If yes, you don't need to change the number to letters. activesheet.columns(6) or activesheet.columns(2*3) would work fine. NO wrote: > > Hi, > Sorry to ask but... > I want to calculate the column for a vert.search function. > Say a want to start the search at column (2*3) [=6], how can I transform the > "6" in "...

Cell contents as the 'lookup value' parameter in HLOOKUP function
To anyone that could help me, I have the following question which I would appreciate any answer in advance. How can I use the contents of a cell (which I will change constantly) as the 'lookup value' parameter in an HLOOKUP function? Example: Cell A1 contains the value 'FY06DRN74DZ' (this are budget names I use to identify files) HLOOKUP ('lookup_value' = makes a reference to contents of cell A1..... and changes as I change the value of A1. Thanks again, E Marre Have you looked in the HELP index for LOOKUP, vLOOKUP,hLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software ...

Front-End server question
We are installing Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 in a Front-End/Back-End setup. The Front-End servers will be used as OWA servers. I know that the Back-End servers must be part of the Windows AD Domain. However, my question is do the Front-End (OWA) servers have to be a part of the Windows AD Domain too? We will have 5 OWA Front-End servers. Two will be for domain #1 and three will be for domain #2. Thanks for your input. Clayton They need to part of the same Forest. They can be in a different domain. The reason is they have to be part of the same Exchange Organization, which...

finding the last value
I have a monthly inventory sheet, it has an opening balance column, a couple of columns for different activity and an ending balance - each row is a day of the month. Untill today() = the row date (column A), the ending balance column remains zero. I have a total row at the bottom for the activity columns, but for the ending balance column I would like to be able to display the last balance. I have thought about an IF statement to check each cell until I find a value, but 31 nested IF's sounds a little crazy. Ideas? Hi Simon (BTW you can't have 31 nested IFs ... only 7) howe...

Entering a cell value in a reference
Win98SE / Excel 2000 / Basic level user I have what I think must be a fairly simple question... I have our sales figures for the past 3 years entered on a spreadsheet in columns. Column A has figures for 2004, B is 2003, etc. There are 52 rows, one for each week of the year. I use the figures in B, C and D to help predict what our sales are going to be this year based on previous years performance to date. I would like to enter a number in one cell and use it as part of the cell reference in other cells. For example, I would enter "4" in one particular cell and then have formu...

Locating random cells by their value
What I actually want is to use the value of a cell which is next to another whose value is zero and which is going to be the only zero in that column. x y a c b d q 520 182 1 0 0 1 2 182 156 0 1 1 -2 1 156 26 1 -1 -2 3 6 26 0 -1 7 3 -20 #DIV/0! 0 #DIV/0! 7 #DIV/0! -20 #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! #DIV/0! I want to try and indentify that...

show in a excel graphic a total percentage for 5 diff data fiels
I need to make a graphic showing the percentage for 5 diff fields, e.i. pmc total 16, nmcs total 10, pmcs total 5, nmcm total 0, and nmcs total 3, this it should be based on a total of 100% combine. at this tiem I can't figure out the formula how to make read all 5 columns, please help. If need it I can forward the project file to make better sense of it. Thank you. Julio Select the 5 fields and create a pie chart. The size of each slice depends on the % value of that data item compared to the total. I don't understand the 2nd bit about "formula to make read all 5 column...

DL's aren't showing up
Hello -- Maybe I'm missing something, but when I go to create a Distribution Group in the Receipents OU, how come I don't see it when I go to the GAL in Outlook 2003? It's missing. But all of the old ones are there form when I migrated from 5.5 to 2003. Thanks. How long have you waited? William "Blake Ringholz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1996601c44d96$dab08090$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello -- > > Maybe I'm missing something, but when I go to create a > Distribution Group in the Receipents OU, how come I don&...

CTRL+END not working?
i had a sheet that CTRL+END would take you to AA950, i then deleted a bunch and now the data ends at AA600.. but when i do CTRL+END i still end up at AA950?? i know i can cut and paste to a new worksheet and it then fuctions normally, but does anyone know how to reset the END marker? Thanks frp :) ...

Add a paragraph mark at the end of every line?
Hi, All How do I add a paragraph mark at the end of every line with VBA ? Regards David What do you mean by "line"? Is each "line" terminated by a manual line break? You could try doing a Find/Replace. Use ^l for the Find Use ^p for the Replace. Why do you need VBA? OKLover wrote: >Hi, All > >How do I add a paragraph mark at the end of every line with VBA ? > >Regards > >David -- Gerry Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Yes. Is any suggestion? "Fumei2 via OfficeKB.com" wrote: >...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed) #2
Hi there, I'm facing with a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the dialog box where files can be selected (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving this kind of attachment! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. W...

I have lost the bar showing page numbers.
I have lost the bar showing the page numbers and I need to go to the next page. So how can I get the bar back? ...

Removing rows that don't show the lowest stock each day
Hi I have a spreadsheet that has a date column A and a stock level column Z. Due to stock coming in and going out at different times of the same day there are often a number of dates the same in col A (time is recorded separately in col B) and varying values in col Z. I need to produce a graph of the lowest stock level from every day on which the stock level changes. Thus:- A Z 1 1/1/5 100 2 1/1/5 150 3 1/1/5 99 4 1/1/5 120 5 2/1/5 130 6 2/1/5 120 7 6/1/5 100 8 6/1/5 150 9 6/1/5 175 etc Therefore ...

Cell Value in Header / Not Using VBA
Does anyone know of a way to get a cell value in a page header without using VBA? It's not possible using the GUI. You could create a similar effect by setting a link in a cell in Row 1 to your cell of interest, then have that row print on every page (set the top margin very small). In article <1187194057.971417.256730@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, Gojavid <david.lachowsky@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to get a cell value in a page header without > using VBA? Go through the menu and type it in???? Gojavid wrote: > > Does anyone know of a ...

Previous Value + 1 in a field
I am using Microsoft Access 2003. I have a tabular form for data entry with a number field named "Volume". These volume numbers the user types are often five or more digits long, and usually sequential. When a new record is entered, I would like this field to be automatically filled with a value equal to the value of the same field in the previous record, plus one. Basically, if one record is volume "10000", when a new record is made I would like the volume to automatically be "10001", then "10002" and so on. Kind of a "Ctrl + ' " tr...

Calculate work days and not weekends
Is it possible to only calculate weeks days with a DateAdd calculation? -- Rose Rose - Do a search on 'workdays'. Bob Rose wrote: >Is it possible to only calculate weeks days with a DateAdd calculation? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 There are two functions that demonstrates how to calculate only workdays on this site: Calculate Number of Working Days http://www.mvps.org/access/datetime/date0006.htm HTH -- Steve S -------------------------------- "Veni, Vidi, Velcro" (I ...