How to set up pivot to show name of series item in bar chart

I have data on 30 issues. Each issue has multiple characteristics, e.g.,
magnitude, frequency, cost-to-fix, root cause, etc. I want the issues stacked
in a bar chart to depict:
1) Issues by magnitude -with an ID for each issue ( I can get the hover to
show the ID/name and other data. I want only the ID/name and want it fixed in
the chart, not on hover only. I tried TM's hover macro, and though I had
trouble installing it, it doesn't seeem to give me what I want. )
2) Issues by magnitue by frequency - same story, I want to see the issue no.
in the printed bar chart.
Thanks,

--
Lin, PMP, NJ
0

Setting environment variables
How do I set environment variables programmatically using MFC/Win32? Or do I need to program the registry? cks2k2 wrote: > How do I set environment variables programmatically using MFC/Win32? Or do I > need to program the registry? SetEnvironmentVariable "cks2k2" <cks2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4DAD40F-E0C9-4FA6-B775-5B9603DD2CF4@microsoft.com... > How do I set environment variables programmatically using MFC/Win32? Or do I > need to program the registry? Try "getenv()", "_putenv()". Example from help: * GETENV....

Area "Settings" disappearing on web webclient
Hi, one of our users is having problems with one of the area buttons (Services,...). At least once per day the "Settings" Button is disappearing, although the user has the rights to view the settings. When the user manually deletes temporary internet files and cookies the "settings" button is there again. This maybe be temporary workaround but one of our customers has the same problem. There is also an user defined button disappearing. So that not a solation at all. I read on different places (blog, newsgroup) that it might be an issue with cookies: http://groups....

Pie Charts #10
I need a pie chart to show quarterly data for 5 different departments. Each quarter will display in it's own pie chart. Each of the 4 quarterly pie charts will be sized proportionately to the year end total. A fifth pie chart will display the TTL data for each department. Is this at all possible? Is there a better way to show such data? Qtr 1 Qtr 2 Qtr 3 Qtr 4 TTL Dept 1 10 30 20 15 75 Dept 2 15 25 25 20 85 Dept 3 20 20 15 30 85 Dept 4 25 15 8 30 78 Dept 5 30 10 19 35 94 100 100 87 130 417 Thank you in advance! V On Aug 6, 3:57=A0pm, valerie <vgar...@carletonls.com> wrote: &...

Can't See External To: Names
Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise, Outlook Web Access 2003 From time to time a user of mine sends emails to external users plus himself. The problem is only his name shows in the TO: list. The external user names do not display. In the latest case, he was replying to an email received from an external sender. Everything looks fine in the tracking log for his sent email, all recipient names are listed. Needless to say he is not happy with this situation. Has anyone had this problem who can help me understand what's going on? Why are the external addresses unavailable for display?...

Showing Owning Business Unit for Accounts in custom view
Recently I stumbled upon a what looked at first glance to be a pretty trivial problem.. Unfortunately this was not the case.. The Account Entity has the (read-only) attribute 'owningbusinessunit' that shows the businessunit the owner of the Account belongs to. All I want to do is show this Business Unit in a custom view. However, MS CRM won't let me add this field as a column, it doesn't show up in the list presented. This is also the case if I want to add it to a form. Previous comments on a similar question pointed out that this attribute can not be changed because it...

#VALUE! when using defined name
HELP!!! Problem: receive #VALUE! Using a defined NAME range In workbook MonthlyBudget09Mstr.xlsx are sheets 1209Sch and 1209 1209Sch contains all monthly entries, 1209 is the summary sheet. Defined name: HousingItems, ='1209Sch'!$L$83:$L$88, Values: {"1";"2";"3";"4";"5";"15"} Workbook <<from Name Manager L88 is a SUM function but I have remove L88 from range and still have problem Placing =HousingItems in cell B4 of sheet 1209 results in #VALUE! Error B4:B9 are empty Can copy and then paste 1209Sch L8...

Format Chart based on data
I have built a chart from a simple spreadsheet of data. Here is an example of the data: Group1 13.77 Group2 15.86 Group3 12.11 I want the chart (bar style) to show each bar in Blue that corresponds to a value greater than 13. All other bars (<13) should be red. Is that possible? Also, I want to draw a line across the chart at 13 to show the "benchmark". http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Display Table Name
Hi, Is there any way to code a text box to display the name of the table that I'm using for my query? I don't want to hard code it, since I have other code that changes the RecordSet property. Is there a way to have it dynamically become the name of the table that one of the fields is coming from? Thanks, John Schping john to get the query name use something like =RecordSource in the unbound textboxes recordsource then use a query name that references the tables name Barry "jschping" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any way to code a text ...

Renaming Cells linked to Pivot Tables
Hey guys, Is there a way to rename the field heading that are linked to th pivot tables, so when I click update data, it just takes on the ne name. Right now if I just rename the heading, the pivot falls apart.... any ideas? Thanks! :confused -- gsimmons200 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gsimmons2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2638 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46689 click on the title of the row/column in the pivot (so the data is not highlighted) and chan...

Matching items in 2 columns
Hi all, This is probably elementary for this group, but here's my question. Suppose I have 2 columns of items, with unequal numbers of items; fewer in the second colum; and the everything in the second column is in the first column. Something like this: A A B C C F D H E K F L G H I J K L Is there an easy way I can get identical items into the same ROWs, so that I can match them? I can do it manually, of course, but I sometimes have hundreds or even thousands of items. I know how to sort, but that doesn'...

Change of title bar
Hey guys… Has anyone out there been able to change the blue title bar (right below the toolbar) in form using code? We need to display the name of the account and the account number in the title bar. We can’t use the name and number in the same field. They have to be saved in different fields, but they have to be displayed as one in the bar. Anyone, anyone? Try: var oTBody = document.body.firstChild.firstChild.nextSibling; var oTable = oTBody.firstChild.firstChild.childNodes[4]; oTable.firstChild.firstChild.firstChild.innerText="My New Title"; HTH, R. "Guillermo Car...

Chart gridlines over an area graph
Good morning! I have an excel chart with an area graph. When I add gridlines to the chart the lines do not show over the colored area portion of the graph. i found a button for droplines which added the Y axis lines, but have found nothing that will show the X axis lines through the graph. Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Have a GREAT day! brenda Hi, You will need to draw the gridlines yourself using additional data series. For horizontal gridlines you could use a series for each line, changing the y value for each series. Or a single series plotted as xyscatter. The x value woul...

Trendline of multiple series
Is there anyway I can create a trendline that incorporates thre different sets of data on the same graph? : -- geooi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geooil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27890 Hi, You would need to add an extra data series that incorporated all 3 sets of data. You could then add a trendline to this single data series. The additional data series can be formatted, no pattern or border, so it does not appear on the...

how do I set up e-mail on outlook?
what type of email account do you have? what version of outlook? The basics are here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/new_profile.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com You c...

Print and page settings of workbook
I am tired of resetting page attributes on similar worksheets within a workbook. Seems like one should be able to copy print settings (margins, footers, headings, font, etc. etc.) from one worksheet to another with one click like the format brush. What am i missing? Must I write a print macro to do this on each and every multiple set of worksheets? Try selecting the multiple sheets first, then setting the attributes. Just remember to ungroup them before you make changes that *don't* apply to all. In article <OVHh#XvdHHA.984@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, David Greenberg <...

Showing Holidays?
Hello, My Outlook 2002 calendar is not showing any holidays. It does show my personal reoccurring events. The list of holidays seems to stop in earlier years, so the past few years never have shown holidays on the monthly calendar view. Is there a way to get all of the national holidays to show again? Thanks a lot, Bob http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook...

Non-number value in Charts
I am trying to make a non-number value show up in a column chart. The chart is automatically showing any non-number value as zero. This is fine, however I would like the Display Data Labels to show the value that is displayed in the cell. How do I do this? I think you're actually wanting to display either series name, or category name. If you just want custom labels on individual data points/columns, you'll need to manually edit the labels yourself by selecting the value, then clicking again (aka, a slow double click). -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes&qu...

How to add company name in activitylist of home page?
Thanks Chris Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or account name. therefore, when going to the home page all activities will start with "ABC Company - call Bob about deal " etc, etc Hi Mike Could you be a bit more specific? How can i do this? Thanks! Christian Mike wrote: > Yes can create a pre-pend to activity subject, that when a activity is > created, it will pre-pend the activity subject with the contact or > account name. therefore, when going to the home page al...

Migrating Outlook 2007 Account Settings and Email Folders
I used to use a different computer, with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I had to remove the hard drive from that computer and now have it in my new computer, also with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have full access to the entire hard drive and all its contents from the old computer and want to do one simple thing: copy all the necessary files over from the old hard drive to the new one so that Outlook 2007 will have the correct accounts set up and folders in place. I just haven't been able to find a clear solution to this. I've already tried just moving the Outlook folder from Local ...

"Can't move the items." out of the inbox?
When I am trying to move some items from the inbox to a folder I get the aforementioned error. Nor can I receive mail. The .pst file is not corrupt. I am running OL2002 and WinME. Loren On the same computer if I open a different account I am able to check email and move messages. Bizarre... Still need a solution. Loren >-----Original Message----- >When I am trying to move some items from the inbox to a >folder I get the aforementioned error. Nor can I receive >mail. The .pst file is not corrupt. I am running OL2002 >and WinME. > >Loren >. > ...

excel charts #4
Hi, I have 2 sets of data for times. I can plot the chart data onto an excel bar chart and see the results, no problem. However I'd like to compare the 2 sets of times. i.e. I'd like to have two bars, side by side for each of the times. i.e. A1=1 secs A2=2 secs B1=4 secs B2=5 secs Right now I can plot all the A1,B1, ... N1 values but I don't know how to put the results for A2, B2, ... N2 beside each of those for the A1, B1,...N1 etc. Am I right in thinking I just have to change the data range? Or do I need somethign else? i can use the wizard or whatever it takes to redraw th...

Massive item site assignment
Hi there, Is there a way for multiple item assignment to a specific site? Thanks a lot -- Gilberto Villegas IT Plus Inc. GP Business Solutions partner Gilberto, Go to Inventory=>Cards=>Site and you'll see Assign tab where you can select items ranges or item classes ranges to assign the same -- Login to Dynamics GP partner forums http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Gilberto" wrote: > Hi there, > > Is there a way for multiple item assignment to a specific site? > > Thanks a lot > ...

how can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines don't in.
(Excel:) How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do not interfere with the text in those labels? Hi, Double click the data labels and set the Patterns Area colour to be the same as the plotarea colour. Cheers Andy peterk wrote: > (Excel:) > How can I fill labels in a chart, so that the grid lines of that chart do > not interfere with the text in those labels? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Peter - Or you could double click the gridlines and change their color to the faintest gray in the palette (you've alr...

Return a name in the same row
I have a 2 sheet spreadsheet. I want a formula to match a cell in column A of sheet 1 to a matching cell in column a of sheet 2 and return a name form the same matching row in column C of sheet 2. I have searched for this formula and cannot find it. Please help. Scott Sheet 1 CustNum 1 9 9 9 9 10 10 11 11 11 11 11 14 14 30 38 38 40 50 50 50 50 Sheet 2 CustNum ShopNum LastName 1 5 Name one 2 5 Name two 5 53 Name three 7 57 Name four 8 8 Name five 9 9 Name six 10 10 Name seven 11 11 Name eight 12 340 Name nine 13 12 Name ten 14 13 Name eleven...

Summary Page - advancing name of sheet
Asked question previously regarding I have a linked summary page and was having problems dragging down the formula to reflect the various worksheets. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, please bear w/ me. The formula given to me is not working - I'm obviously doing something wrong. Synopsis: My file has 52 sheets, the names of which alternate in the following pattern: BioPP15, AAPP15, BioPP16, AAPP16, BioPP17, AAPP17........ My summary page is for key #'s from each sheet Example of formula for sheet BioPP13 - =BioPP13!K8 I want to drag it down so it will reflect the same cell, K...