How to set plot area back to automatic?

Hi,
how do I set the chart plot area back to automatic, and make it stay there?
While opening new workbook and making a chart, the plot area is set to some
colour and I prefer it to keep automatic, and white. How?

"KeepItSimple" <KeepItSimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> how do I set the chart plot area back to automatic, and make it stay
> there?
> While opening new workbook and making a chart, the plot area is set to
> some
> colour and I prefer it to keep automatic, and white. How?

Select the chart, choose Layout, Plot Area or Chart Wall, select More ..
Options and change the Fill option to Automatic.

0
test1951 (391)
3/14/2009 8:24:09 PM
Hi,
and thanks for advice Test. Forgot to mention that I am using Excel 2003.
I do not get selection of "More". I can change the plot area to automatic
for a chart I have created, but would like to change the default value so,
that whenever creating a new chart, it would have Plot area settings "Border"
and "Area" set as automatic. Obviously it should be done within the Book.xlt,
but how?

"Test" wrote:

> "KeepItSimple" <KeepItSimple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > how do I set the chart plot area back to automatic, and make it stay
> > there?
> > While opening new workbook and making a chart, the plot area is set to
> > some
> > colour and I prefer it to keep automatic, and white. How?
>
> Select the chart, choose Layout, Plot Area or Chart Wall, select More ..
> Options and change the Fill option to Automatic.

Disable changing the sort/grouping setting in inbox messages
Is there a way to disable a person from changing his sorting/grouping of messages in his inbox in Outlook 2003? We have a person that keeps sorting/grouping by sender, so he tends to only see the messages he wants to see. We want him keeping them sorted by received date/time so he sees all messages as they come in, as some are going unread for days that he needs to be seeing and doing something with. Anyway to force a sort order in messages, and disallow grouping, through a registry entry, or in some other way? Greg No. Unfortunately there are no technological solutions for this behavioral...

how to fill the coloumn with the calendar automatically
HELP ME.. I'm afraid "HELP ME!" doesn't help us to help you, what is it you need help with? over what range? are there restrictions or conditions? NEED HELP PLEASE;452772 Wrote: > HELP ME.. -- Simon Lloyd Regards, Simon Lloyd 'Microsoft Office Help' (http://www.thecodecage.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Simon Lloyd's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=1 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=125322 Enter a valid date in A1 In A2 enter =A1 + 1 Copy...

GUI is all washed out, want Win2K / Office 2000 look and feel back
We just upgraded our computers from Win2K & Office 2000 to WinXP & Office 2007. So far, this has been a very frustrating & time-consuming experience. Of the many changes, the one I want to fix first is the contrast of the menus. Everything looks washed out. My eyes aren't as good as they once were and I can't tell where one window ends and the next begins. I am posting this to both a WinXP ng and an Office ng because I don;t know if this is an Office setting or an OS setting. I would like to go back to the Win2K/Office 2000 GUI look and feel as much as possible -- at lea...

MFC ActiveX control on IE: how to get internet connection setting
Hi, I am working on MFC ActiveX control(.ocx file) on Internet exporer, the control needs to call Winnet library (use HINTERNET) for making HTTP query. With option INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_DIRECT, there is no issue at all; but when there is proxy server used for IE connection setting, how to get proxy server and username/password settting to create HINTERNET? Is there any way to get HINTERNET using the IE IWebBrowser2 or other object automatically for the activeX control? Thank you very much for your help. Charlie WinHttpGetDefaultProxyConfiguration "CharlieHoo" <charlieho...

automatic column.autofit
I have a csv text file that I want to automatically open with column autofit. the text file is generated from a query to a remote database, so it cannot contain any code. pls advise mechanism. Igor CSV files are just plain ascii text files. They'll never contain code. So you could have a wrapper workbook that opens the .csv and does your formatting or you could do it manually. Igor Lisbaron wrote: > > I have a csv text file that I want to automatically open with column > autofit. > the text file is generated from a query to a remote database, so it cannot > contain ...

Combine two sets of overlapping Date/Time data into 3 columns.
I have two sets of data with Date/Time. One set has a fixed interval, the second is more sporadic. I am trying to combine into these sets into one table with the data from one set next to the corresponding data from the second set. For example: A B C D 4/22/2010 9:00 000 4/22/2010 9:01 777 4/22/2010 9:01 111 4/22/2010 9:03 888 4/22/2010 9:02 222 4/22/2010 9:06 999 4/22/2010 9:03 333 4/22/2010 9:04 444 4/22/2010 9:05 555 4/22/2010 9:06 666 Output: A ...

backing up exchange
I use the backup included with win2000 server, running exchange 2000. I select the exchange server and message stores. Whats the best way to test and make sure individual mailboxes are being backed up? Are there any permissions issues to access those mailboxes to be backed up? Thanks in advance if you're doing online backups, you are not backing up individual mailboxes, but the entire store/s...only way to ensure the backups are valid is to build a recovery server, and do a test restore... "Robrjt2" <robrjt2@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916150235.22932.00000551...

run report that uses a set of dates #2
Once again I am baffled! I need to keep track of projects that get checked out to be updated. Each sheet is a different project. In column B I have when the project was checked out. IN column C I have the date the project was checked back in. The formulas I am currently using are: Column D: =TRIM(IF(B9<>"","out","")&" "&IF(C9<>"","in","")) which gives :"out" if not checked in and "Out IN" if it is. Column E: =IF(B9>C9,"OUT","In") This tells me if the project...

Setting Calculation always goes back to Manual. How to permanently have Task Panel dismissed?
Two issues. Since shortly, the setting in Options -> Calculation -> Calculation is always set to Manual, even after I have set it to Automatic and saved the document. After restart Excel is it set back to Manual. Irky. some documents, the task panel is always active after I open the document. Hoew to have it permanently closed? It happen in some documents. Bart ...

can I set outlook to send a message received as "new" message ?
can I send a received e-mail as a "new" message Netscape allows send as new Don Hocutt, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:47:01 -0700: > can I send a received e-mail as a "new" message No. > Netscape allows send as new Use Netscape... ;-) -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! This is very simplistic. Sorry. The only way I know to pull this off is to open the email, copy its contents, paste it into a new message, and send new message. I do this on occasion when ...

Lebans ReportToPdf utility margins setting
Hi all I'm using this fantastic utility that makes PDF from report. I have one little issue. Anybody knows how set the report margins? Thank for your kind help Bye Piero To the best of my knowledge, Stephen's utility uses whatever settings were used to generate the Snapshot, so presumably you set the margins for the report itself. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley (no e-mails, please!) "Piero" <Piero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C32D...

Can I put an automatic footer showing a file path?
Hi - can anyone help? We are supposed to use footers at work showing the file path where our spreadsheets are stored - in Word this is easy as there is a link but Excel 2000 seems not to have the facility. Is there any way of doing this? Thanks in anticipation! Sandra In the footer type in "&[Path]&[File]". "1Sandra2" wrote: > Hi - can anyone help? We are supposed to use footers at work showing the > file path where our spreadsheets are stored - in Word this is easy as there > is a link but Excel 2000 seems not to have the facility. Is there an...

Back door to Admin Acct?
It is two years since I looked at the old lady's PC, (Dell Dimension DIM 2400) used for email and family snaps and not much else -- but could not instal this year's income tax software because it has only one user account, Owner (limited) and installation of course requires an administrator account. In /Control Panel / Users I see only this limited acct (and options are thus similarly limited.) I half remember hearing about a back door into the Backup Admin account (F12 during boot?) but had no time for trial and error on her dollar. (I had an Admin acct on this PC in yea...

project settings in VC++ messed up
Hello, I having WIN2K with SP4 installed. I have Visual Studio with SP4 for Visual Studio installed. I have also got the latest DDK installed on my system. I seem to have messed up my project settings in VC++. Whenever I build an any project I am getting the following linker warning, even when we dont use any resource files. LINK : warning LNK4078: multiple ".rdata" sections found with different attributes (C0000040) I am also having problem in debug configuration mode. When ever I tried to debug any application I am getting the following error User Breakpoint called from cod at...

Skipping Zero values for plots
Hi, How do I make a chart such that if I have some zero values then those dont get plotted (especially in case of Line charts). Rather if I have values Oct 56 Nov 0 Dec 100 Then I would have only a straight line from Oct to Dec. I might have such zero value pattern for many data points. Is this possible to achieve without any complicated manipulation (I think I have one in mind). regards, HP India Two methods: 1) replace 0 (or blank) by =NA() which displays as #N?A or 2) delete 0 in data; click chart; use Tools | Options and open Chart tab; specify how missing data is to be treated bes...

Send Element to Back
I found a macro that helped me insert a picture (jpeg file) in an excel spreadsheet. Now I am looking for a way to send that element in back of other elements on the spreadsheet. I have tried to record a macro to figure out the methods and procedures, but apparently the "send to back" buttons and "bring to front" are invisible to the macro recorder. I found that the insert/shape/line tools are also invisible. Finding a way to draw a line would be equally effective, because if it is drawn following the insert it will effectively be on top, which will meet my need...

ABILITY TO SET A $ CHECK AMOUNT IN AP for SELECT CHECKS
I have several customers who need to be able to choose invoices to pay based on a total check amount. For instance all checks over $ 5000 go to a different signing authority or all checks under $ 5000 have a signature already on the check form ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&qu...

Run macros automatically-AutoFit
I've used Jim Rech's autofit macro for merged cells. It works great. Thanks! Seems I have to use alt-f8 to run the macro and make the merged cells autofit everytime I make a change (add text). Is there a way to make it work automatically, perhaps so that the macro is "always running"? See my response in another newsgroup, Cindy. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Cindy B" <neverspam@charter.net> wrote in message news:744AF26A-A06B-4B5F-A37F-D222DE66A1E3@microsoft.com... > I've used Jim Rech's autofit macro for mer...

Backing up Exchange 2003 SP2 with DPM 2007 on Windows server 2008
In order to be able to back up a Exchange 2003 SP2 server I need to install Exhange 2007 Management Tools on the DPM 2007 server. The DPM server is running on Windows Server 2008 (64bit). From Ms articles: “The eseutil.exe and ese.dll versions that are installed on the most recent edition of Exchange Server must be the same versions that are installed on the DPM server. If you installed DPM 2007 on a Windows Server 2008 operating system, and you are Protecting Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 computer, you must install the Exchange Server 2007 version of the eseut...

"Not plotted" option / blank cells in graph
I have a similar problem to "blank cells in graph" already posted by Kirsty, ie. 'Plot empty cells as: Not plotted' option is greyed out. The cells are empty, (no formula). My intention is to extend the formula from week to week (every time the chart will be updated. I'm using a Stacked Area chart - maybe that's the problem? ie. it's not possible to have a Stack Area chart to "stop"? Thanks in advance.... ...

using outlook 2007 I can no longer paste jpg pictures into the text area
Good Day, I know that this is a simple questions and there has to be a setting in either Outlook or in office 2007 that will allow this to work. Outlook 2007 with SP1 plus all other updates (Office 2007 SP1) I just created a new system for a user and she was able to copy a jpeg into the text portion of an email, but now it becomes an attachment instead. Does anybody know were the setting are to allow jpeg to be inserted into the text portion of an email. Thanks Adam Raff Adam Raff, you wrote on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:03:32 -0400: > Does anybody know were the setting are to allow...

Outlook 2007 always sending winmail.dat
I have a workstation with Office 2007. Outlook 2007 has also has the Outlook CRM client installed. I have tried changing all the settings I can find and it still sends out with winmail.dat files. Have changed to plaintext sending - it shows plain at the top of the window when I create a new mail. Have also changed the properties for Contact e-mail addresses. Tried sending with CRM tracking and without and it makes no difference, with an attachment or without. Anyone got any suggestions? Cheers ...

Derive an equation from plotted data
Using Office/Excel 2003, is here a way to derive a formula from experimental data plotted on a line graph? jwiam45 - For equal-time-interval time sequence data, you could use a Line chart type. For paired XY data, use an XY (Scatter) chart type. Create the chart, click on a point to select the data series, and choose Add Trendline from the Chart main menu or from right-click shortcut menu. Choose a trendline form, and on the Options dialog check the box for displaying the equation. On the chart, select the equation textbox, and click Increase Decimal to show more significant digits. ...

How do I set up Outlook to sync to Mobile Me?
I am trying to keep 2 PCs and and iPhone synced (mainly contacts and calendars) with Apple's Mobile Me. Everytime Outlook tries to sync (every few minutes), I get several error messages. I have checked for updates to Outlook and I am up to date. -Jim Since the error messages are likely the key to the problem, please post them exactly as they appear (in their entirety). "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6F0F5C0-D461-45B8-821A-5BF63EB97751@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep 2 PCs and and iPhone synced (mainly contacts and ...

HELP please
Hi, I have 3D data that I would like to plot in Excel. This should be straightforward using the surface chart template in Excel. However, the chart that I produce when I follow the Excel wizard looks nothing like a 3D surface plot (it looks more like 2D). The data I am plotting most definitely has a surface, as there is a well known series of mathematical models underlying the observed data. I have seen several publications that have surface plot diagrams which they claim was created using Excel - what am I doing wrong ? (Pushing my luck here ...) Once I have managed to get a 3D surface plo...