How to Scale Chart Sheet

I want to change the apect ratio on a chart sheet in order to import excel
ole object into a PPT slide. Does there exist a way to do that?

Click on chart and drag the centre fill handles to the shape required
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Sammy" <Sammy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to change the apect ratio on a chart sheet in order to import excel
> ole object into a PPT slide. Does there exist a way to do that?

0
Bernard

chart auto
Hello, i am studying statistics and i have something to do but i don't know. i want to make a work book which i entry a value every month, i want every month the bar chart which i have created to auto add the value of the new month. how can i set the properties in the bar chart like, every month of every year to have the same color (auto)? Thank you for your time ...

scaling charts
I have data in a chart that ranges from a lower end of 1-200 and numbers that resume at 140,000 and continue on to 700,000. I would like to be able to show them so that the lower end numbers are still visible but show that the middle section (500 - 50,000) have been cropped from the image. Is this possible, or do I need to make separate charts and treat them as images in order to achieve this effect? Take a look at Jon Peltier's tips about a Broken Y Axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/axes.html#Broken "alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Charting with IF Statement
Hello, I have the following IF statement: =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,"",F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) In charting this data, the "" is charted as a 0 instead of a blank. I want it to be a blank. Is there a way around this? Thanks, Bill The #N/A error is ignored by charts. =IF(SUM(F5:G5)=0,#N/A,F5/SUM(F5:G5)*100) -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Bill" <bill@bpiconsulting.com> wrote in message news:ipbFe.9062$oZ.1106@newsrea...

How do I view and edit the source code for a Chart in Excel 2003?
Is there a way to access the code (VBA?) for a Chart created in Excel 2003? I have generated a complicated Chart or graph which I want to then "Copy" and modify to make several more which access different spreadsheets. It is cumbersome to click in the Toggle box for the data ranges for X and Y. Instead, I was hoping there might be a way to use Search and Replace to change the text describing the data ranges. EBB Excel does not create VBA when creating a chart unless you have specifically recorded the steps of creating it (Tools>Macros>Record New Macro...). Even when y...

Auto format sheet
I have a spreadsheet that I continously have to format. It is a data dump from another application. It could be any number of rows and any number of columns. I need a macro that will look at column A and format B based on the number in Column A. So if Column A is 2 then indent Col B 5 spaces, if Col A is 3 then indent Col B 10 spaces, if Col A is 4 then indent Col B 15 spaces. Also if Col B is Bold then shade row Gray. Thanks in advance for your help. clv The following code should work: Code: -------------------- Sub reformat() Dim i As Long For ...

allow merging cells in protected sheet
When I protect the sheet, the Merge & Center button is greyed out. I need to allow users to merge and center cells in a protected sheet (these cells are not locked). -- Doug hi Doug, I would recommend steering clear of merged cells as they can cause numerous problems. As an alternative I suggest that you use the "centre across selection" option from the dropdown in Format Cells ([ctrl + 1]) - Text Alignment - "Horizontal". If you are using macros in your file, you could use the "userinterfaceonly:=true" option which is available in the W...

How to make a waterfall chart
I have to create a Waterfall chart (not to be confused with a cascade chart) like the one shown at http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-waterfall-chart.htm. This is just a one-time deal, and I don't feel like buying the add-in. I would rather learn how to do it myself. Does anybody know how? Thanks! Lucas Bravo Hi Lucas have a look at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/waterfall/index.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Falls http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Fall2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lucas Bravo wrote: > I have ...

how do i read directly off of a chart
i've set up a callibration curve in excel, I have experimental x values and want to obtain the corresponding y values without using FORECAST, TREND tec. any ideas? Mark - Search the newsgroup archives for 'interpolate' http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search or if you want to try to match the smoothed curve Excel draws arbitrarily through points, google the groups for 'Dave Braden' and 'cubic spline', or go to Brian Murphy's site, and look for the Excel Stuff link, which includes a treatment of the bezier function used by Excel to draw this curve:...

Altering the range that is plotted by a chart via VBA
Good morning all. I haven't really done a huge amount on charting, so I'm sure you'll think that these questions are a bit simplistic, but here goes! I plot a chart from a worksheet that contains three columns of data - the X axis contains week numbers, and is in B29:B54. Actual hours are entered in F29:F24 and cumualtive hours in G29:G24. The cumulative formula is of the form: =SUM($F$29:F29) So, each week, in order to plot another week's data, I have to copy this cumulative formula down by one cell, which, considering I have a lot of these reports, is a bit time cons...

Welcome Sheet?
Hello, I need a sheet to be in a workbook and it will be a sort of welcome screen, what I want this sheet to do is be visible on open but NOT a tab on the bottom(where it says sheet 1, sheet 2, etc...). Is this possible, if so ... How? Thanks -- Stu Stu, Here is one way, using something like this, put this in your worksheet code Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate() Sheet1.Visible = xlSheetVeryHidden End Sub And this in the this workbook code Private Sub Workbook_Open() Sheet1.Visible = xlSheetVisible Sheet1.Select End Sub You could also use a userform as a welcome screen -- Paul B Alw...

Cannot Edit Charts in PPT2007
Problem: I cannot edit Charts after they are created and save. When I click on the Edit for the chart, task manager indicates the EXCEL.EXE task is launched, but the worksheet does not appear. When creating a new presentation and a new chart, everything works the way it should. After saving the presentation, Its broken? This must be some sort of Registry setting, I've re-installed Office 2007 Standard, run Diagnostics, all to no avail. The Same saved presentation works properly on another PCs Powerpoint 2007 in the same office. Have you installed SP2 for Office 2007? -- ...

create a letter with the data fron work sheet
i have a data sheet for the order.like people order staff lik tea,coffee...etc,i ve data including date,name,department,.....etc. when i put the data i want a letter format which picks up the data fro the sheet then i can send it to the person who made the order as confirmatino letter. like it the letter starts dear "......"(it could pick the name fro c1) also how can i create this letter? does it have to be in excel ?? help pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :( : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com As answered in microsoft.public.excel and microsoft.public....

Line Chart;Linear Trend; What's the Math behind it
Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte The "Linest" function in Excel help has an explanation. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "JohnW" <JohnW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message Hi, Do you know what the math is behind the Linear Trendline which results when right clicking on a line chart? Thanks, John -- John Whyte Thanks, Jim. I did try help but I was search...

Save single worksheet from workbook using the sheet name?
Gday, I have had a search through some of the previous questions and I cant quite find what I am looking for, I have a master sheet which I split into seperate sheets using one of Debra Dalgleishs macros all works fine. However my next step is to save each of these sheets into seperate folders using the individual sheet name. As ever I hope this isnt too muddled a question! Any help would be greatly appreciated TIA Ajay Ajay, You need to copy it to its own workbook and save that Worksheets("Sheet1").Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= "myfile.xls" -- H...

Copying Excel Charts into Illustrator
Hello, I suddenly seem to be having problems copying and pasting charts from Excel into Adobe Illustrator 9.0. By suddenly, I mean since I upgraded to Win XP Pro and Office XP. When I was using Illustrator on a WinXP Home maching w/ Excel 2000, I was easily able to copy and paste charts from Excel into Illustrator for further editing. However, since the upgrade, I have lost this ability. Furthermore, I am unable to copy the graph using the Shift-Edit->Copy Picture function. I am able to get it in to Illustrator if I first print it using Adobe Distiller and create a PDF file. When I ...

Data Analysis P-Charts
How do you create p-charts using upper control limits (UCL) and lower contril limits (LCL) using the standard deviation..? A p-chart is just a line chart. You can indicate the control limits with added lines, per the examples here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine I would use the point-and-error-bar method, with the point to the right of the chart, and use a "Show Values" data label on the points. I also have a poorly documented Dynamic Control Chart on my site that you might be able to hack to meet your needs: http://www.geocities....

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

Chart templates treates value axis as a category axis
I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type] that uses a horizontal value axis, but when I try to use it in a new workbook, the data is plotted with a horizontal category axis? In a line chart, the horizontal (X) axis IS a category axis. Only an XY chart has a value horizontal axis. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "FHW at EAD" <FHW at EAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E52B4E4C-9DC6-41F5-84B2-3BC637C56591@microsoft.com... >I saved a Chart Template [Line Plot Type]...

How do I put a break in an axis in a chart?
Is there any way to put a break in an Excel chart axis? I'm using Excel 2003 and Excel XP. I have some graphs where one or more data points is substantially higher than other data points; it's difficult to see the differences between the lower data points. What I would like to do is have the y-axis go from about 0-20, have a break in the graph, and resume the graph at about 40 (my highest data point). Here's an example and some links to others: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Service...

cross hatching and pie chart
I have two excel questions: First one is about cross hatching:I am using asp to do cross hatching but there is a problem when the two hatchings overlap.One hatch stays behind the other: http://www.imlab.psu.edu/forest/gr.gif is there a way to make the hatches transperant? My second question is about pie charts: I am also displaying pie charts to the user via asp. I want to get rid of the black box around the pie chart: http://www.imlab.psu.edu/thesis/1.gif or make the chart pie itself larger in the box,is there a way to do this? Is there a way to display the CategoryName instead of the percen...

Embeddd Charts Page Crashing Excel
I have a worksheet with 10 charts that I have embedded into a second workbook. When co-workers update the file, save and close, it crashes their Excel. I have embedded the worksheet by inserting an object. Any idesa on what may be causing this or how I may do the page differently? Thx ...

Deleting every-other row in a spread sheet
I have a spreadsheet in excell that contains info imported from word. As a result every-other row is blank. I would like to erase these empty rows so if anyone knows how to go about this it would be gratefully appreciated!! Thanks in advance Steve Smintey, If you a familiar with VBA, you can delete the rows via code. For example, this procedure deletes rows with empty cells in column A: Sub DeleteRows() Dim lLastRow As Long Dim Rng As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Rows(1).Insert Range("A1").Value = "Temp" With ActiveSheet ....

Time performance Chart
Greetings. (help) I need to develop a chart that graphically depicts an employees start time and end time each day. This chart would be a bar chart. The bar chart would have days of the month along the bottom, and the side would start at 00:00 at the bottom and end at 24:00 at the top. I need to be able to enter an employees start time and end time and have it charted along the bar. So if the employee started at 07:00 and ended work at 18:00, the chart would show a colored bar that corresponds to the start time and the end time. Also, if an employee came back to work the chart would refl...

Custom Toolbar in Chart
How do you create a custom toolbar with a ComboBox that will be avaliable when a chart is active? I'd like to have a TOOLBAR where a ComboBox (or ListBox) is used to select a variable. This would then change the source data for the chart. I've got the code to change the chart, I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active. Tx, Randall I'm not sure what you mean by "I just can't get a ComboBox in a Toolbar to work properly when a chart is active." If you mean it should be active only when a chart is... One 'tric...

... I want to change a chart type ...
I have a "Line - Column" chart in my spreadsheet. My Bars represent the month which is in a Linked Cell. The Value of the Bars is a Dollar amount from a Linked Cell. The Line represents a Target Dollar Value. I would like to add a second line that would represent a count from a linked range of cells. Can I edit my existing chart, or do I have to create a new one? Could you give me a few pointers? Darrell Select and drag the new column onto the chart. In the resulting dialog box, ensure you specify 'new series'. Once XL finishes adding the series, if it is not the...