how to put connecting line between data points on scatter chart?

I have been monitoring my blood pressure daily with several readings per
day.

I have charted this on a scatter chart and would like to put a connecting
line between the max and min values for one reading.

I.e., Max  is 140 and min is 80.  I would have two dots representing those
readings but I would like to have a straight vertical line between the two.

My chart should end up looking like,
       If you get the picture.  I'm not too good about putting pictures into
words (:

TIA,
    Marc

0
marc8762 (2)

Marc:

Sometimes it is easier to make the workbook than to explain it. I have added
a simple blood pressure trend chart to the Chart Doctor section of my
website.

I have used Y error bars to provide the vertical line between upper and
lower readings.

http://processtrends.com/toc_chart_doctor.htm#Blood_Pressure_Trend

Kelly

Anti spam e mail address  - Edit to valid email address

koday at processtrends dot com

"Marc" <marc@bogus4nospam.com> wrote in message
>I have been monitoring my blood pressure daily with several readings per
>day.
>
> I have charted this on a scatter chart and would like to put a connecting
> line between the max and min values for one reading.
>
> I.e., Max  is 140 and min is 80.  I would have two dots representing those
> readings but I would like to have a straight vertical line between the
> two.
>
> My chart should end up looking like,
>       If you get the picture.  I'm not too good about putting pictures
> into words (:
>
> TIA,
>    Marc

0
dkod (205)
11/24/2006 4:48:20 PM
That is beautiful!  Thanks so much for helping.

I'm going to see the doctor next Friday with my chart.  Lisinopril doesn't
seem to me helping me too much.

Marc

"Kelly O'Day" <dkod@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Marc:
>
> Sometimes it is easier to make the workbook than to explain it. I have
> added a simple blood pressure trend chart to the Chart Doctor section of
> my website.
>
> I have used Y error bars to provide the vertical line between upper and
> lower readings.
>
> http://processtrends.com/toc_chart_doctor.htm#Blood_Pressure_Trend
>
> Kelly
>
> Anti spam e mail address  - Edit to valid email address
>
> koday at processtrends dot com
>

> "Marc" <marc@bogus4nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I have been monitoring my blood pressure daily with several readings per
>>day.
>>
>> I have charted this on a scatter chart and would like to put a connecting
>> line between the max and min values for one reading.
>>
>> I.e., Max  is 140 and min is 80.  I would have two dots representing
>> those readings but I would like to have a straight vertical line between
>> the two.
>>
>> My chart should end up looking like,
>>       If you get the picture.  I'm not too good about putting pictures
>> into words (:
>>
>> TIA,
>>    Marc

0
marc8762 (2)

0x800CCC0F Connection to the server has been interrupted
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2002 on Win2K Pro. My send/receive process checks email for 7 email addresses. Yesterday, I moved 3 of those from one hosting service A to hosting service B. I already had 3 email addresses at host service B, so now 6 of the 7 go to the same POP3 server. Once I did that, I started receiving the 0x800CCC0F "The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)." message for one of the addresses. I contacted tech support for host service B and they say it's a virus c...

chart formatted for Weeks, not Days
I am trying to graph some data in Excel 2002 SP3. Column A contains dates (1 date every 7 days) and Columns B through Z the actual data. On my graph I wish to change to eliminate the extra spaces between data points because every day is displayed, not just the weekly dates entered. The only options in the Format Axis I can find are Days, Months, Years. Where is the Weekly option ? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks ! ...

Formula to Autofill Info based on Other Data
Using: Excel 2000, on Windows 98 Good morning! I'm hoping that someone on here can possibly help me. I have basic Excel knowledge, but this is out of my skill set. My boss has given me a project to work on, in which I have a workbook with two worksheets that I am dealing with. The worksheets are labelled PRICE and SUMMARY. On the PRICE sheet, I have several columns. Column A lists the product name, Columns E list the per page charge for the *red* program, and Column G lists the per page charge for the *blue* program. Those are the columns we will be dealing with. All specific inform...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

Adding multiple items in unordered data to match a target amount
I have 3 columns of data - invoiced amounts (A), banked amounts (B) and commission charged (C). A = B + C For each B, there is one C. However, there can be multiple items in A for one item of B + C. Further, the rules for how commission is charged varies by amounts sold; I cannot calculate C by reference to A or B (individually) with any level of accuracy. I'm therefore looking for a way of selecting 1 or multiple items in column B, adding them to 1 or multiple items in column C and tracing this to 1 or multiple items in column A. Help would be gratefully received. ...

Money 2002
Can missing Form 140 Schedule C line names be added? If so, how? ...

Purge data based on another Excel file???
I am attempting to purge data from a large list based on data in another document. I have the files I want to remaove in on file and the file I want to remove them from. There should be simple way to do this no? ...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Missing grid lines
I have a standard worksheet that covers the array of cells A4 to Q70 that originally included grid lines. Unfortunately the grid lines have vanished from the segment covered by cells A14 to E65. Using Tools/Options/View to check or uncheck the Gridlines box turns the gridlines on or off but does not restore the gridlines in the bare segment. I have tried everything I could think of to get rid of this annoying situation including copying and pasting to a new worksheet. Nothing I have tried works. I would be grateful if someone would help me solve this problem Hi sounds like the cel...

selecting rows of data
I have an excel worksheet with 4 columbs. I want to automatically select multiple rows of data according to search which will partly match one cell in the row and put the full ro as results in a new worksheet. for example 30/01/03,New York,233.85,complete 20/03/03,New Hampshire,188.22,complete 22/03/03,Texas,90.78,incomplete 23/04/03,Oregon,467.99,complete If the search string is "New" how can I produce a new worksheet whic will contain 30/01/03,New York,233.85,complete 20/03/03,New Hampshire,188.22,complete Any suggestions would be appriciated -- Message posted from http://w...

Bubble Charts
Does anyone know if the bubble chart default shape of circle can be modified to other shapes (i.e. triangle, square)? The flexibility to present different shapes could be useful when presenting two series on the same chart. For example, one series could be the default circle, another a triangle. I have seen this capability in other applications with advanced charting capabilities. I am using Excel 2003. Regards, Joel Hi, Yes you can change the shape. To do so you need to use a custom marker. Create a shape using the autoshapes menu. Format the shape in terms of colour and border. Copy...

Changing OLAP Pivot Table Connection Source
I have numerous spreadsheets that have pivot tables pointing to an OLAP Cube via a connection string. Is there an easy way (either automated or manual) to change the connection string to point to a new version of the OLAP Cube? I can edit the connection properties and navigate to the new .odc connection file, but get an error saying "The OLAP provider returned an unexpected number of dimensions." ...

Backup Data
Blanket broadcast to anyone. Just got a new machine that has MS Money 03. Old machine had same. Tried to download backup from older machine to new machine but couldn't get a restore. Anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, cbauer wrote: >Blanket broadcast to anyone. Just got a new machine that >has MS Money 03. Old machine had same. Tried to >download backup from older machine to new machine but >couldn't get a restore. Anyone have any ideas? What did you try, and what happened as a result? Try simply copying the backup file from the old machine...

pattern of data
I have a table in the below format- For example Customer A and Dzip 678 is being served from ozip 099 twice and 011 once ozip dzip customer 099 678 A 011 678 A 099 678 A 121 875 B 122 875 B 122 875 B I need the below format for the above table. the data in the brackets indicate the no of times ozip appears in the table for a particular set of dzip,customer ozip dzip customer 099(2),011(1) 678 A 121(1),122(2) 875 B Please let me know the query which will give the data in the above format. Thanks in...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

connecting cells with connector lines
Hello! Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? Thanks Michael On Feb 25, 7:00=A0am, Michaelprem123 <michaelprem...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or > without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the > line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? > > Thanks > > Michael The line will automatically a...

external data #3
I would like to be able to access external data from more than one source. Any help on how to do this would be fantastic. I would like excel to reach out to a Access database that I specify at the time it reaches out to get some external data. Usually I get external data through the "get external data", but that only connects to whatever datasource you initially choose. i'd like to be able to choose which Access database I am pulling data from at the time I bring it into Excel. hope that helps, Thanks, Lou Sanderson. "Ron Coderre" wrote: > I think we'l...

data links on subsequent worksheets
I have main data entered on worksheet 1 that I have linked to subsequent worksheets, however when there is no data on worksheet 1 I get 0's printed in the data space. How doI eliminate the 0? If you want to hide all zero values on the sheet, Tools --> Options --> [View] tab and clear the checkbox next to "Zero Values" In Excel 2007, that's "Office Button" --> [Excel Options] --> then [Advanced] in left pane and scroll down to the "Display Options for this Worksheet" and clear the box next to "Show a zero in cells that have a...

Importing data from Maximizer
Hi: What experience has anyone had with importing Maximizer data into MSCRM using either the Data Migration tool, Scribe, or a combination of both? Scribe don't handle this seamlessly, you apparently need to export to a .csv file first. Is this still quicker using this process with Scribe, than with the DMF? Many Thanks Cathy Allington Hi, We are also looking at migrating Maximizer into CRM. If you would not mind, could you please let me know if you find anything more on this. I would truly appreciate it. Shauna skoppang@shaw.ca "Cathy Allington" wrote: > Hi: > ...

Serial Attributes, Lot Category Data
There is no ability to add attribute data to serial numbers in GP. Many industries, especialy Med Devices and Hi-Tech serialize thier product. Each serial number may have individual "attributes", incuding Rev, operator, date ,time, color etc. I would like to see the ability to define a serial category for each item, which in reality could be "Lot Category", as in effect, a serial number is a "lot" of 1. Consideration should be given to allow the look up of an attribute value during orderfulfillment or GI to a higher level MO Additionaly I would like t...

Question about ho to insert data in SQL
Hello I have a adodb recordset which always have 2000 records The code is like this 'fisrt i'm opening the database in which i will insert the data conn.ConnectionString = "Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyDate;Integrated Security=True" cmd = New SqlCommand("select * from table", conn) conn.Open() 'Then i'm opening a ADODB recordset rst.Open("http://www.domain.gr/data.asp") 'the rst filled with 2000 records 'now i want to insert them to the sql database 'i'm using While Not rst.EOF dim Ins as...

Pasting Onto Filtered Data
Excel should develop a paste special function that allows you to paste data onto filtered data without effecting hidden cells. At the very minimum, a warning that data is being pasted on hidden cells during a paste onto filtered data would be helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...