How to produce a chart based on number of cells not values in the cells

Hi
I'm using Excel 2007. I have a requirement to base a chart on the
number cells rather than the values in the cell.

For example, here are some values I might enter against Monday to
Friday:

1,3,1,1,2

In this example, I want my (pie) chart to show that 3/5 are value 1,
1/5 is value 2 and 1/5 is value 3 (i.e. the pie chart should have 3
sections).

What excel does, is split the chart into 8 sections, and shows each
individual value.

Any suggestions on how I might achieve this,

Thanks for any help

Colin
0
bobby2 (4)

You need to do some calculations in the sheet first, then plot the results:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ConsolidateData.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Bobby" <bobby2@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm using Excel 2007. I have a requirement to base a chart on the
> number cells rather than the values in the cell.
>
> For example, here are some values I might enter against Monday to
> Friday:
>
> 1,3,1,1,2
>
> In this example, I want my (pie) chart to show that 3/5 are value 1,
> 1/5 is value 2 and 1/5 is value 3 (i.e. the pie chart should have 3
> sections).
>
> What excel does, is split the chart into 8 sections, and shows each
> individual value.
>
> Any suggestions on how I might achieve this,
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Colin

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
8/8/2008 1:47:45 PM
Thanks
Trying it now,

Colin
0
bobby2 (4)

How to select series in chart?

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple stacked bar charts

transparent areas in charts?

printing 2 charts on single page

number rounding in MS Excel

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

visual basic

Single click selects multiple cells

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3