how to print chart located on another chart on one page?

I have one chart located as object in another chart.
when I print, I get two pages
I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart
as object'
thanks
Helmt
0
Helmut (4)

When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the
embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded
chart or just the embedded chart will print.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one chart located as object in another chart.
> when I print, I get two pages
> I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart
> as object'
> thanks
> Helmt

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
1/31/2006 2:56:35 AM
Hi John and thanks for replying,
I figured out in the meantime that I have to click on the 'object' located
in the chart and mark the box 'print object' and that allows the object to be
printed embedded on the chart.
This settles the inquiry.
thanks
Helmut

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> When you print the master chart (the chart sheet), doesn't it also print the
> embedded chart? You have to select the master chart and not the embedded
> chart or just the embedded chart will print.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Peltier Technical Services
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> http://PeltierTech.com/
> _______
>
> "Helmut" <Helmut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have one chart located as object in another chart.
> > when I print, I get two pages
> > I need to print both charts on one page...whole purpose of 'locating chart
> > as object'
> > thanks
> > Helmt

0
Helmut (4)

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

When printing to large scale plotter, is there a max # of lines/pa
I am having problems with printing to my large plotter. Project seems to have issue when printing 325 lines or more. The plot gets long horizontal lines of different lengths running through my data. When I insert a page break at, for example, line 323, the plot looks fine, but I am getting two pages instead of just one. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think this is a plotter problem. Almost always, problems related to printing are related to the system or the printer driver. That is because Project is using the system to print. The first thing to check is that...

Customize the Home Page
Is it possible to add a column to the home page which shows Activities Due. I would like to see the contact name or Account Name. Also can you modify the History Windows when you are in an opportunity, I want to easily see when the activity was closed. ...

Can a macro open another worksheet?
Hello, I've got a macro that I need to run on about 200 spreadsheets. Is there a way to get it to select and open all 200 spreadsheets? Thanks, Art. Are they all in the same folder? In fact, do you need to open all the workbooks in a folder? Or all the workbooks in multiple known folders? If you have files in one folder--but you want to choose (click on the first and ctrl-click on subsequent in the file|open dialog), you can do something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook myFileNames = Ap...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Outlook Page Breaks
Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within a message that has been sent to you. Sean <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to allow page breaks within > a message that has been sent to you. Page breaks have no meaning in an Email messages. There are no "pages" to separate. (Unless you're attaching a Word document or something similar where pages are meaningful constructs.) -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace....

Combining Landscape and Portrait pages in a single document
While it was not possible in Publisher 2003, is there a chance that it is now possible in Publisher 2007 to have a landscape page in a portrait document? ...

Cannot print in Portrait
I have a customer who cannot print the Trial Balance Report in Portrait mode even though she has set it to Portrait in the application setting and the printer driver setting. Any ideas? The paper size is A4. You will need to modify the report and change the page orientation on the report definition window to Portrait or Printer Setting. Don't forget to change security to point to the now modified report. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dm...

Line Chart #13
Hi, The following is my data and I need to chart this. Is it possible to have a range in one cell? Thanks for your help in advance Experience (Years) Large Medium Small 1 $90,000-$100,000 $75,000-90,000 $65,000-78,000 2 $92,000-100,000 $80,000-95,000 $75,000-85,000 3 $105,000-130,000 $90,000-100,000 $85,000-95,000 4 $117,000-150,000 $100,000-115,000 $90,000-110,000 5 $140,000-170,000 $115,000-130,000 $100,000+ 6 $140,000-190,000 $135,000+ $100,000+ 7 $170,000-250,000 $135,000+ $110,000+ ...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Opening Home Page with Full Screen
Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have Windows 7. How do I get a full screen (instantly) when clicking on my home page (Yahoo). I shouldn't have to go to View and select Full Screen every time. It just recently started doing this...opening with a small "slit" of a screen. Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong place to post. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6AC04AE-370D-4018-A28E-F5D855BBFC88@microsoft.com... > Really stupid question and don't even know where to post it. I have ...

OWA SSL setup 404 page not found error
I've followed all the necessary steps (I think) to setup our webserver (iis) for SSL and OWA, but when browse to the site with the https:// address, it returns a 404 page not found error. I have the certificate installed and set the default website and the exchange virtual directory to use SSL. I also set the port number for SSL on the default site to be 443. The site prompts for the certificate install when browsing to it, but after accepting the certificate install in the browser, it brings back the file not found page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Windows 2K S...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

cannot copy from one pub to another
all of a sudden, i cannot copy and paste from one ms pub publication to another ms pub publication. here's what i've done: i ran disk cleanup. i ran norton live update. i ran windows update. i ran office 2000 update. i ran detect and repair inside help in pub 2000. none of the above helped. you said "is clipboard set to automatic in computer services?" can you tell me where computer services is? i looked in control panel, administrative tools, component services and computer management. I ended up in console root, component services, computers, my computer, found ms pu...

Excel 2007 chart color change based on the label.
I have 12 charts 1 for each person and the data changes every week and some of the values have 0 so are filtered out. On the chart I want 0-15 to be blue, 16-30 to be light purple, 31-60 to be a cream color, 61-90 to be light blue, and 90+ to be dark purple. With the code below I can change the color if I take the if statement out but I would like to change the color based on the label. I have tried several things like .text, .name, and .label. I just can't fine the right name. Name1 0-15 1 61-90 1 90+ 3 Name 2 0-15 14 16-30 5 31-60 1 61-90 6 90+ 12 For i = 1 To A...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

Page orientation when printing unusual sizes
When printing from Pub2000 to tabloid several years ago it would show vert for horiz and vice versa and would not print correctly. After much frustration QMS gave me a patch but said it was a Microsoft problem. Today I was trying to print a B5J size card and the same thing happened. I tried it on an HP inkjet and it happened again. I dropped the layout into a cheapo Sierra program and it prints correctly but with a loss of some graphic detail. It is a Microsoft problem...what is the solution? When Konica Minolta supplied you with a patch it should tell you it was not a Publisher i...

Boxplot and Whisker Chart
Hello, I use the chart wizard\custom chart\Line on 2 axes to draw boxplot and whisker chart with percentage on the left y axes and quality on the right y axes but it doesn't show right like the others chart. Anyone know how to draw the Line on 2 axes or Line-column on 2 axes for Boxplot and Whisker Chart? Thanks, ...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...

Another CPropertySheet help...
I am using the Wizard mode and I can remove the buttons, but I also want to remove the 3D line control that appears above the buttons. What is the control ID? Thanks!... ...

naming first page index.html
I have created the web pages and named the first page "index.html" in order to publish, however Publisher changes the file name to "index.html.pub" therefore when I attempt to publish the pages they won't publish. Is there a way for me to stop Publisher from changing the name of the file? You are not producing the web pages correctly. You didn't say which version of Publisher you are using but assuming that it is 2003 or 2007, when you are ready to produce your html files, you go to File > "Publish to the Web" NOT Save As a Publisher file. When ...

Printing With Publisher
Hello Everyone, My question is related to mail merge printing using Publisher. Can someone tell me why Publisher when it sends a mail merged job to the print queue, it sends it in groups of ten jobs per queue? Is this a print settings in the application and if so how do i change it so the job is sent as one job in the queue like when your using Microsoft Word to print a mail merge. Any suggestions or comments please! Thanks Hi Steven Rossi (srossi@necc.mass.edu), in the newsgroups you posted: || My question is related to mail merge printing using || Publisher. Can someone tell me why...

Strange Print Problem
My forms have a print button which prints a report displaying the same information shown on the form. So far, so good. I found that a few users were using Ctrl P to print and therefore printing the form instead of the report. I have fixed this problem by calling the print button code when the user presses Ctrl P. This works great except for one form where it ignores the keydown code, UNLESS I press the print button first. If the print button has been pressed previously then Ctrl P works just the way I want it to. But if you press Ctrl P before the print button is pressed the standard p...