How to order chart in descending order of Freq?

I am using Access 2000-03.   The graph is a subset to excel, but very close.

I have a Access Graph Chart with the Row Source set to:

"TRANSFORM Sum([Freq]) AS [SumOfFreq] SELECT [Personnel] FROM
[Rept#704_Joint_Personnel] GROUP BY [Personnel] PIVOT [RP];"

Currently, my graph order the personnel in Ascending order of Personnel. I
want to now order it by Descending Order of Freq.

In the query [Rept#704_Joint_Personnel], I have the following fields:
a) Freq
b) Personnel

Can someone please help me here!

Thank You,

Gary
0
Gary103 (266)

I don't know how you'd have to modify your SQL statement, and I don't
know for sure how Access does its charting. But I presume if the data
comes in sorted, the chart will present it sorted. If it comes in
unsorted, that's what the chart will show.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Gary wrote:
> I am using Access 2000-03.   The graph is a subset to excel, but very close.
>
> I have a Access Graph Chart with the Row Source set to:
>
> "TRANSFORM Sum([Freq]) AS [SumOfFreq] SELECT [Personnel] FROM
> [Rept#704_Joint_Personnel] GROUP BY [Personnel] PIVOT [RP];"
>
> Currently, my graph order the personnel in Ascending order of Personnel. I
> want to now order it by Descending Order of Freq.
>
> In the query [Rept#704_Joint_Personnel], I have the following fields:
> a) Freq
> b) Personnel
>
> Can someone please help me here!
>
> Thank You,
>
> Gary
0
jonNO1 (306)

Stacked bar chart for survey results (agree/disagree)
I have survey results with answers from strongly agree to strongly disagree. I would like to show the results for each question in a stacked bar chart. The first bar (left) shows the strongly agree and agree together with the % of overall responses above the bar(for both categories combined). The second would be the neutral answers with the percent above. the third bar would have disagree and strongly disagree with the % above it. The point is that if our statement is "22% strongly agree or agree" then it is obvious from the chart. thanks for any suggestions. You need fou...

Page Order in Tab Control
I have 2 pages in a tab control on a form, each of which contains a different subform. If the client code on the main form is one of 4 choices (one of which is null), I would like Page 2 to be the top page when you go to the client, if it is one of the remaining 2 choices, I would like Page 1 to be on top. I do need both pages visible and enabled at all times. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks Terri On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:43:02 -0700, tgavin <tgavin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I am confused. With "top page" do you mean the selected page, or do yo...

chart moving on worksheet
Dear experts, I have a worksheet with data that gets updated every week and I would like to add on top of it a chart that shows an analysis of this data as changes are made. When I say on top I really mean it - I would like the chart to always show on the top right-hand corner of the screen and stay there even when the users scroll the data on the worksheet. Of course it should be possible to move the chart if the users need to. Is this possible at all in Excel 2003? Many thanks in advance for your help! Best regards -- Valeria ...

need chart that displays overlap/duplication between two entities
I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and web sites b through F. THe amount is small ranging from .02% to .18% so the scale is difficult. Any ideas? You can manually change scales on any charts. Click on either the X-axis or Y axis and the axis will be hightlighted. then click again to open the properties. You can change tthe min value and max value to get more precies details on the charts. "Bsacco" wrote: > I'm trying to show the audience overlap/duplication between web site A and > web sites b through F. > > THe ...

Excel 2003 Line Chart
Hi. I have a line chart no problem. Values as usual up the vertical axis and labels along the bottom horizontal axis. I would really like to switch these around and have my labels going up the vertical. Is this possible? You can't switch a line chart's orientation. However, you can fake it. Check out the Dot Plot (tutorial and utility): http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DotPlot.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "sot" <sot@discussions.microsof...

work order / house accounts
I want to beable to let my commercial accounts pick up their work orders and pay for them in 10 days. When a cashier tries to tender a sale with one of these work orders for a house account an error message appears not permitting the tender to go through.If the same transaction is tried without using a workorder it tenders properly. What in set up I am not doing properly? -- billr You may have to create and assign the house account to the customer. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 mihirs@diviasoft.com www.diviasoft.com "billr3" <billr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Beginner- Macro for Resizing Charts
There is a first, and this is it. Company just upgraded to 2007 and Auto-Size for Charts is gone. I don't know VB but I need to create a script I guess to re-size all the charts for Monthly Financial data. Could someon help me with this? Thank you, Rod ...

Eliminate Duplicate Entries in Order to Create Labels Using Mail M
Using Excel 2003 I have a spreadsheet that has several hundred rows and 5 columns. I want to do a mail merge and create labels with the records. The problem I’m having is that there are many rows of data that are duplicates. FYI - If there is a duplicate entry, all of the columns will be the same data, not just one column. First I went to Data > Filter > Advanced Filter > Filter the List, in-place > Unique Records Only. It then hid the rows with the duplicate data. When I do a mail merge to create some labels, it includes my duplicate records (hidden rows) and I d...

Org Chart -- Imports from Word of Job Descriptions?
We are new to Visio, using the trial version. My wife's boss just dumped a project on her that I said I'd try to help her with. Her new, computer illiterate, boss is making many organizational changes (small university) and wants to make a PowerPoint presentation illustrating these changes. He wants to be able to click on a position and have the job description for that position pop-up as a new page/slide. The job descriptions are in Word 2003. My wife has Word & PowerPoint 2007 on her machine at work, and we have Office 2003 on our PC's at home. Is this possible ...

Pivot Chart Format
Is it possible to prevent Excel changing the format of Pivot Chart lines on Refresh? No. I don't think we want extra features here - it would only slow down the action. It is no problem to link to other formatted sheets. Regards BrianB ========================================================= "Alex Burman" <burmanalex@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<eLv8D9xYDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Is it possible to prevent Excel changing the format of Pivot Chart lines on > Refresh? ...

Conditional Formatting for Charts
Hi all, I understand the concept of conditional formatting in spreadsheets in XL 2003 just fine. Can the same functionality be extened to XL Charts? I am thinking it has to be a VBA solution, which is not a problem. I just wanted a sanity or insanity check before doing it all with VBA. Looking for evaluating values and formatting differently and finding test strings and formatting them in same color. Best example there is Coke vs. Pepsi. Coke should always be Red and Pepsi should always be Blue no matter where they show up in something like a Share of Market Chart. Coke is highest share...

Burn order
After recently upgrading my Windows Media player I can no longer control the order of my music when burning. There is a sort option but it's limited to alpha or release dates. I want to control my own order. Help! What version of WMP and Windows? Are you able to drag the songs into your preferred order? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Music sort order when burning wrote: > After recently upgrading my Windows Media player I can no longer control the > order of my music when burning. There is a sort option but it's limited to > al...

Automatically update charts for only the most current 12 months?
I am trying to update 8 different charts in one workbook. The charts are based off of one table that is a running total for 1997-2005 and is continually being updated monthly. The charts only show the most current 12 months. How can I make the charts get updated automatically. The data is entered in column by column. See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F0602...

Graph/Chart Question
I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use the Chart Wizard to graph the following data: A B C 3-Jan 6.16% 482202 7822780 4-Jan 5.87% 398392 6788552 5-Jan 2.60% 365581 14064487 8-Jan 5.89% 359353 6102299 9-Jan 3.80% 372896 9812270 10-Jan 4.42% 402357 9102141 I think I need to have 2 different scales (% and Natural). I could not figure out how to graph this data. Thank you in advance. On Thu, 12 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, carl <carl@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I do not use the chart/grph feature too often. I was trying to use th...

From Excel to VBA Chart appearance
Does anyone know when you move an application out of excel to a vba platform, is there any loss in quality and capabilities in the charts? Kind regards, Mark Mark Both of your questions have gone unanswered and I suspect it is a confusion. To get the data to any type of chart object/applet you would need to automate XL. While you are doing that, why would you want to *not* use XL's charting features, via the same automation? Is there something missing in XL's features. If you are using automation, then by default, you are using XL's charting object and there will be ...

Accessing Points in a Line Chart
This is a cross post, as I had been pointed to this group and an alt. after I had posted originally. Hoping this one can help. How do I access the Points in a Chart of type Line? I'm wanting to display the Values at each point and modify various aspects like size and color. So far I have not found the proper combination of properties to access these point, and the access method is different for every chart type. Any ideas? I guess what I'm really asking is how do I access the Point Labels on a Line Chart. Hi, Using the macro record generated this code when changing 2 poin...

chart question #2
I have 2 sheets: (more as time comes). Jan 05 - sheet 1 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems Feb 05 - sheet 2 - sales problems - support problems - operations problems - finance problems I need to graph these 2 sheets with same categories but different total percentages of the month using the chart bars to show the changes for the same category (side by side) in a year... confused yet? :) can you give me a hint on how to do this and the formula if there are any. Well, if it were me, I'd probably put the data that you are graphing on the...

Getting rid of unusable charts?
Last year I created an Excel worksheet around neighborhood property appraisals. The sheet had about a dozen columns. I also created half a dozen charts using data from different columns. This year I updated the worksheet, added new columns and deleted a few old ones. I would like to delete the charts that I created last year and construct new ones. Unfortunately, the cells referenced by the charts have been moved or no longer exist. When I click on a chart, I get a message that . . . "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and has to close . . .". I can't open...

Hierarchy and Organizational Charts
We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given account (actually, ideally we'd have an org chart that could be visually generated). How can this be done? I haven't used their product, but I came across this add-on that provides the ability to make org charts within CRM entities: http://www.salescentric.com/glance.html There are probably others out there as well. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jasonh" wrote: > We'd like to understand the hierarchy of individuals and roles within a given > account...

Excel
I understand how to change the scale on the value axis to logarithmic, I am just not sure why I would do so. Usually helpful when: a) Trying to plot exponential series (such as in calculus, some physics, etc) b) Trying to distort data so your customers don't see how badly your company is losing money *grin* -- Best Regards, Luke M "Polly" <Polly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6DCA198-FEC5-4678-B805-E7EB9C713BB0@microsoft.com... >I understand how to change the scale on the value axis to logarithmic, I am > just not sure why I w...

ACCESS Charting problem
I insert a chart into a form add the X axis and detail ID's and preview the chart. It looks normal. When I go to dataview, there is nothing there but a frame and title. Any suggestions? ...

Charting on Primary & Secondary Axis
Hi I am charting profit margins ranging from - 6 to 8+ on the primary axis (line graph) and net worth of the companies (columns) on the secondary axis. How do I align the zero point (0%) on the primary and 0$ on the secondary axis? Right now, the chart that I have shows the bottom of the columns on the same horizontal plane as the -6% profit margin point on the chart. Thanks in advance for your help. Hello, Jon Peltier has instructions showing how to align the zeros on a primary and secondary axis on his site. Please refer to the link below. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...

= Drawing more lines in a OHLCV chart =
I have a stock database (Date,Open,High,Low,Close and Volume) and usually I draw a stock OHLC chart to see it (i prefer chandlestics). However my surprise was I tried to draw a line in the chart, for example a simple moving average. If I try to include a new data serie to the original OHLC chart, it become distortioned. Finally can i include 2 or 3 moving averages in a OHLC chart. How can I do it? See 'Stock Charts with Added Series' here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StockChartPlus.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutoria...

Cluster and Stacking Bar Chart
I need to create a bar chart that will stack and cluster the data. Doing each seperately is simple, does anyone know how to do both simultaniously? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Englert Hi Englert, This is a response Jon Peltier gave to a similar question a few days ago. Quote: You can make a clustered stacked column chart through clever arrangement of your data in the worksheet. See the details at Stephen Bullen's site: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look at the description for FunChart4 or at Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx.c...

scatter chart with gaps in series (XL 2007)
Hi, I am plotting large blocks of data on a scatter plot. I want to change my data and update though charts automatically so I use a series of if statements to generate the data I will plot. My data should have numerous blanks so I can make my if statement give me a blank string, or zero value , or some other value, or NA() when my test fails and otherwise give me the result I want to plot. Fine. Null strings are plotted as 0, NA()’s are not plotted. But the parts of the plot ranges containing data (where the data passed my test) are connected by straight lines (representing the parts ...