How to make a chart with a big range of data?

Hi
I'm trying to make a chart selecting the whole column as
data to plot on the chart. But it doesn't work .. I have
many rows with data (about 250) and it's going to be
more .. How do I make this chart only once, without
having to extend the chart source every time I add more
data?

Thanks a lot.
Kroko
0
anonymous (74722)

I have just asked a very similar question, I will monitor
your answers also.

bobf

0
anonymous (74722)
7/9/2004 12:17:03 PM
See Dynamic Chart on my web site: www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips
OR
If you have Excel 2002 or 2003, make a List of your data and the chart will
automatically update. Look under LIST in Help

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Kroko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm trying to make a chart selecting the whole column as
> data to plot on the chart. But it doesn't work .. I have
> many rows with data (about 250) and it's going to be
> more .. How do I make this chart only once, without
> having to extend the chart source every time I add more
> data?
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Kroko

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
7/9/2004 12:39:42 PM
Hi Kroko,

Selecting the whole column exceeds the limits of a chart.
 From the help:
Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000
Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000
Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000

If your 250 rows is going to change then you need to use dynamic ranges
as the source of your chart.
Jon Peltier has a collection of examples,

As does Tushar Mehta,
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html

Cheers
Andy