how to "lock-in" format of a pivot chart from a pivot table?

i.e. If I have changed format of pivot chart - line chart,
formatting etc.

Then when I refresh the pivot table,  chart redraws with
new default formatting. Do you know if there is a way to
lock the formatting?

0
vilok (1)

Some formating is reset by XL by design, some is reset because of one
or more bugs.  Check the MSKB (support.microsoft.com) for more.  But,
the bottom line is that if you use custom formating there is no
guarantee that it will stick across a refresh.  The alternative is to
use a VBA macro that does the refresh and then applies the desired
formatting.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <114c001c3f4c7$44a15980$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
vilok@nortelnetworks.com says...
> i.e. If I have changed format of pivot chart - line chart,
> formatting etc.
>
> Then when I refresh the pivot table,  chart redraws with
> new default formatting. Do you know if there is a way to
> lock the formatting?

how to "lock-in" format of a pivot chart from a pivot table?
i.e. If I have changed format of pivot chart - line chart, formatting etc. Then when I refresh the pivot table, chart redraws with new default formatting. Do you know if there is a way to lock the formatting? Some formating is reset by XL by design, some is reset because of one or more bugs. Check the MSKB (support.microsoft.com) for more. But, the bottom line is that if you use custom formating there is no guarantee that it will stick across a refresh. The alternative is to use a VBA macro that does the refresh and then applies the desired formatting. -- Regards, Tushar Meht...