How to incorporate and display % in Column chart?

I would like to incorporate and display the percentage of the dat
series in the Data Label of Column chart. Can anyone help me in thi
regard, by giving a solution, w/o writing a macro?

Thanks in advance

If the percentage is included in the series, you can FORMAT DATA SERIES and
select the appropriate data label.

If it is a separate series, you'll need an add in, such as Rob Bovey's XY
Chart Labeler.

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

"suvransu" <suvransu.1vaa8a@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> I would like to incorporate and display the percentage of the data
> series in the Data Label of Column chart. Can anyone help me in this
> regard, by giving a solution, w/o writing a macro?
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Software&lt;/a&gt;

0
reply6075 (299)

40 column reciept + Extended Description
Hi Is it possible to get a 40 column receipt to print fairly long extended descriptions in a paragraph form underneath the line item barcode and standard description. Any clues to do this would be great. Our terminals use OPOS to control the receipt printer Regards Dan Hi Is the lack of reply indicative that this is impossible (or another bug)? "dan" <danl@aanet.com.au> wrote in message news:%23t5$Q%231KIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > Is it possible to get a 40 column receipt to print fairly long extended > descriptions in a paragraph form underneat...

Chart in Excel
Is it possible to convert a Chart in Excel so that it is "fixed", ie. still looks the same, but is no longer connected to the source data ? I know that I could save it as a jpg, and then insert it as a picture, but is there a way to do it more directly. Thanks, Rob I have a note in my notes after drawings chart in conventional way 1.click the chart 2.highlight the formula in the fomrula bar 3.hit F9 4.hit enter now the chart is based on actual data and not cells. try a few small experiments. "OM" <OM@youknowwhere.com> wrote in message news:44f57d15$0$11970...

Progress Bar Chart
Hi everybody I have a problem for creating a chart. this is a problem of Worldskil Helsinki 2005 IT-Software application. Problem: http://i10.tinypic.com/2zyfqkh.jpg And data: Phase Activity Start Date Duration Planning Phase Planning Meeting 02-Jan 1 Planning Phase Develop Questionnaire 03-Jan 11 Collection Phase Mail Questionnaire 17-Jan 9 Collection Phase Receive Responses 20-Jan 15 Analysis Phase Data Entry 20-Jan 18 Analysis Phase Data Analysis 07-Feb 4 Analysis Phase Write Report 13-Feb 12 Action Phase Distribute to Board 27-Feb 1 Action Phase Board Meeting 01-Mar -- vb_4_ne ---------...

Combination chart with three data ranges
Hey all... I'm trying to create a combination chart with three data ranges on 2 axis... the primary data source is a volume category represented on the primary "Y" axis in hundreds, the secondary data source is a percentage category represented on the secondary "Y" axis in 0.00%... when using these first 2 data sources everything is fine... I need to add a third data source , also to be represented as a percentage category consistent with the same scale as the previous percentage... Excel will allow me to add the third data source, however, when I do so I no...

dynamic display of line placement (graphic) in all views as its in progress
Hi, I am drawing a line pDC->Line(...) in my view 1.. suppose there are 3 more views for the same document are open . The views which are referencing same area as view 1 should also reflect the rubberband effect as I go on placing the line. now current effect if.. first I complete the placement of line in view 1 then I call GetDocument()->UpdateAllViews(NULL, 0, NULL); so the line reflects in other views aswell. I want to see the line placement in all views as its in progress. How I may achieve it. calling UpdateAllViews in MouseMove event may not have irritating effect. any idea? Leya...

Format Column by text in first row
I have multiple documents with similar data, but not always in the same format (thanks to too many users touching them). Each document has multiple sheets and I would like to write a Macro that will format a particular column to a certain Date Format. I know how to write this macro if you already know the Column, but it isn't always the same. This particular column has a header in the first cell, with the data below it; but for different sheets, it isn't in the same position. For the first sheet it could be column G and for another it could be column L. But for all the sheets, the ...

DB Window displays none objects if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000
Hi, I posted this request once before on 2002-09-10 19:00:02 (Office Developer XP SP2 , Win XP SP1, DAO 3.6) The following problem occurs in several of my databases. It does not occuer with a new database from scratch: The DB Window displays none objects in detail view if DB was converted from file format 2000 to 2002 and back to 2000. Any help ? ...

toggle row/column headings
Hi, I need a procedure to toggle on/off row and column headings. Can this be done? I use XL97. Thank you very much, Sub RowColumn() With ActiveWindow .DisplayHeadings = Not .DisplayHeadings End With End Sub -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Billy" <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1131914304.408168.5840@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I need a procedure to toggle on/off row and column headings. Can this > be done? I use XL97. > > Thank you very much, > You could use a tog...

Moving selection right one column at a time: Is there a shortcut?
After selecting some cells in a column how can I move the entire selection (not the content, just the selection) in the next column on the right? In the Excel for mac there is the ALT+TAB shortcut. Is there something similar for the pc version? Thanks None I'm aware of. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 18 May 2009 16:09:02 -0700, RD <RD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After selecting some cells in a column how can I move the entire selection >(not the content, just the selection) in the next column on the right? In the >Excel for mac there is the ALT+TAB shortc...

Displaying a number from another column
Hi, Need some help: Let's say I have a list of numbers in column A: A1:1 A2:2 A3:3 An:n And another list of random numbers in column B: B1: 2.3 B2: 3.5 B3: 55.6 Bn: <some random number> If I enter a number in cell C1=An, how do I make cell D1 display the corresponding B column value? Eg: If in C1, I enter "2", how do I make D1 show "55.6" Thanks! Enter this in D1: =VLOOKUP(C1,A1:Bn,2,0) Change Bn to suit your range. If you have no value in C1 or if the value is not part of your list, you will get the error message #N/A. Hope this helps. Pete Natalie...

Pivot Table combining multiple columns
I have 20 columns that contain the same information Column B through Column U Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Name of Customer Printer 1 Printer 2 Printer 3 Printer 4 I want to combine all 20 columns to give me a count of items that are equal in all the columns and have the ability to expand out to see the customers. So in this case: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E Joe Blow Epson 7600 Epson 4000 HP 5500 C80 Petey Pablo Epson 4000 Epson 9600 E...

send email to multiple contacts, but not display other contacts in to field
Hi I would like to send some emails to multiple contacts, but would like to have the to field only showing the 1 contact, not all the others. could anybody tell me how to do this. Do not want to use bcc,as would like them to see there own contact. Thanks Tim Use a mail merge.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tim" <adsl...

dropdown menu display cut off
I've notice dropdown menus in CRM 3.0 being cut off. This happens on random machines with ie 6 or ie 7. The odd thing is when someone is using the crm plug-in outlook the dropdown menus look fine. ex. Sales/Opportunities/Reports. There should be 3 by default visible. The affected users only see two and the two they see are chopped off. Seems like a asp.net control issue or something? Any info would be greatly appreciated. -Alex ...

how do i draw a textbox on chart and copy onto word?
I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click copy and paste onto microsoft word, the textbox disappears. how do i make sure it stays? or else, how do i draw a textbox directly on the picture copied? Was the textbox selected together with the chart when you Copy? I convert the chart to graphic by holding down Shift, click Edit -> Copy Picture, and Paste it in your workbook. Draw the textbox you want over the graphic, and make sure both the chart graphic and the textbox are selected when you Copy. "miko" wrote: > I drew a textbox on my chart but whenever, i click ...

Excel
I'm charting a few investments. I want a simple line that goes up and down for the value, and that's easy to do. But how do I get the chart to display specific years (not days and months) across the bottom of the chart? Seth - Do you have a time-scale axis? Go to Chart Options on the Chart menu, click on the Axes tab, and see what's checked for Category Axis. Check Time Scale and continue. Double click on the axis. On the Scale tab, Major Unit should be in years. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http:...

How to show multiple data sets on one bar chart
I'm trying to compare three different values in four sets of individuals-female and male locusts and human beings. I'd like to plot the power/mass, velocity and acceleration alues for these three on the same x-axis, but the range of values (300-3) makes the graph look distorted unless blown up. Also error bars cannot be seen. Help please!!! You could normalize your data on a scale of 0 to 1, where 1 is the max of a given parameter across all of your data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.c...

Comparing 2 columns of data
I am new to using Excel, and need some help. I have 2 large columns of data many thousnads of text records, what I would like to be able to is compare Column A to B and add missing information from column A to column C. I need to be able to see what is misisng to that I compile a report using the missing information. Is there a way of doing this in Excel Adrina, If you want to find the information that is in column A but not in column B, in cell C2, use the formula =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A2,B:B,FALSE)),A2,"") and copy down to match your data in column A. Then convert column C t...

Multple Tables-One Chart
I need to make a line chart that displays data from more than one table. I think my problem is getting the program to understand what I want as my x and y axis. The tables are in the same sheet. They are plotting water levels along a river. One table is for water levels on structures, taken by the people who own the structures. The other table contains the water levels as measured by the TVA, this table salso contains data on the avereage water level for the past 100 years. I need a table that has river miles ( the distance from a certain point in the river) as the x (bottom) axis, the water l...

Bar chart by month
I have a spreadsheet that has month & year in column A and values (KWH) in column B like: Jun-00 1185 Jul-00 2636 Aug-00 3009 etc. I would like to create a chart (and/or spreadsheet) that is grouped on the months and shows the average value for that month and where each year is in relation to that average. I envision a chart/speadsheet something like: 3000 2000 1000 Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec with bars on each month for that months data and a line/curve showing the average for each month. Thanks. DCH Let's assume...

Pasting a Formula into a new column or worksheet, but so that it doesn't change
Hello - When I copy and paste a formula into a new column, Excel assumes that I wanted to use references to different columns. That is, each time that I want to copy and paste a formula into a new column, or sheet, I have to either first make it an absolute reference---or I have to paste it into Word, and then paste it into Excel to keep it as the same formula. Does anyone know if there is an easier way to paste a formula so that the reference doesn't change, and the formula thus stays the same? Thanks!! One way is to copy it *from the formula bar*! Click in the cell containing the fo...

Display different command buttons if...
Hello! I have many data to append in different dates, but only one time for year, and many data to append hour to hour. I think to make two distinct tables to append different frequency data. T_HourData and T_YearData. I think to make a Form where I would like to display one command button (to run HourAppendquery) only through different field condition. Ex: If HourData=YES, display command button in Form (to run HourAppendquery). If HourData=NO, don't display this command button and display another command button (to run YearAppendquery). I don't know if is it possible in Acces...

Data Validation: How to create a dynamic range in column A and use it for a drop-down list
I am trying to define a dynamic range on sheet 3, which I want to be able to use as a dropdown list as a part of the data validation "list" option. But whenever I select the drop down list after creating the validation rule (via data > validation), I cannot see my list. Perhaps I am using the wrong formula for the dynamic range? Here is what I am doing. List is in Sheet 3, rows 1-10 (and growing). Defined name is: =OFFSET('Sheet3!A1,0,0,COUNTA('Sheet3!!$A:$A)) In sheet 1, column C, I am selecting the column, then selecting data, validation, list (and placing "=n...

Displaying next message
I am presently using Office Outlook 2007 on my Vista Home Premium system and everything is working as I believe it should. There is one thing however, which I find annoying and time consuming but perhaps I am not using the right sequence. With Windows Mail, I could open an incoming message and, when I have finished reading it, I could go on to the next message (already opened) just by pressing a "down arrow". There is no arrow in Outlook 2007 and to read the next message, I have to go back to the list and start again to select and open. Is there a way to access the n...

Stacked column and column combo chart
I have the following data set: 2001 2002 Sales Product A 45 55 Sales Product B 102 123 Sales Product C 66 78 Total Gross Margin 60 77 I want the sales to be in stacked columns and the gross margin a separate column next to them, as it represents total gross margin for all three products; 2001 and 2002 are the X category labels. I can easily show the gross margin series as a line or area but when I attempt to show it as a column, the entire chart is converted to clustered columns. Is there a work-around? KG, Seems to me Stephen Bullen has an example of that at ...

How to change the Display Name on Outlook Today Folder?
I have a friend who recently got married and changed her last name. Her old surname has been changed to reflect her new surname on every attribute I can see in her Active Directory user account. The User Name field on the e-mail account setting has been changed and still her old surname is displayed. New profile did not change it either. We are using Exchange 2003 with Windows 2003 AD and Outlook 2003. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Jim Changed the X400 address as well? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...