How to enlarge chart size for viewing?

I have some charts that I created on a sheet itself. However, the chart did
not occupy the whole sheet instead only a small portion in the centre which
is abit too small to view. How can I resize it?
0
GOH (1)

If you move the cursor over one of the square black blocks on a side, or in
a corner, of the chart, the cursor will turn to a resizing arrow.
--
David Biddulph

"GOH" <GOH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have some charts that I created on a sheet itself. However, the chart did
> not occupy the whole sheet instead only a small portion in the centre
> which
> is abit too small to view. How can I resize it?

0
David

Visio 2007
The themes in Visio 2007 only allow for the setting of the theme font, NOT the font size or style (bold, italic, etc.). So the question is, when I start a Visio diagram how can I ensure that the starting font size is 12 and not 8 pt, bold and not regular. It appears that there is no way to do this, other than perhaps changing registry values. BTW: I use Visio on both XP and Vista. Peregrine Go to the menu bar > Format > Define Styles. The menu allows you to define a custom style which includes font face, size, etc. HTH Wapperdude "Peregrine Maitland" wrote: > T...

Excel 2007 Chart in VB6 Program
I have another thread in the VB group and was told to post to these two groups so sorryfor the multi-post. Ill post there again just in case folks want to follow the thread. So I've had a Visual Basic 6 app (as an EXE) that has worked great for the last 9 years or so. Up until Excel 2003 I have had to make minimial changes for it to work properly. The app has an OLE control which acts as a container for many different external sources .In this control I embed an Excel workbook and display a chart sheet. I can interact with the workbook through the normal means of Excel programming objects...

how do I recover charts within an excel workbook?
The workbook had many charts that were previously visible. Now, upon opening the file, the charts are no longer visible. How to I reactivate them to appear? thanks ...

Prob. when viewing my XL graph thru internet...
Hi. A problem which may or may not be due to Excel: I have some files, protected and with some sheets hidden, which I am using to show graphs and data on the internet. I want the viewer to be able to copy off the data (so they are saved as .xls files. The problem is, when I view the file in internet explorer, the chart sheet in which the file is opened will have a different size (the chart expands to fill the whole screen). The other chart sheets are fine. ??? Also, #1 the chart toolbar appears (don't want or need it) and #2 when I hit Back, a prompt to save appears (unwanted, ...

Problem with Asset Allocator pie charts
Everything "seems" to be working fine with Money 2005 Premium (after restarting the program multiple times). I'm having a problem with many of the pie charts. They do not show up at all. I upgraded from Money 2004. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Professional if that's of any help. Thanks, Patrick I've seen them going on a new file on Win XP Pro - do you get them on a new file, or do they not appear on both a new and old one? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;...

Draw line in a chart
I have the following problem. I have a chart (date on x axis) on which I draw a line. How can I obtain the ending points of the line in order to compare, mathematically, their positions to corresponding values of chart at the same date? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements I'm sure your post makes perfect sense to you and might to other readers, but I am los...

how to chart who was working when
Hi there, I'm looking for some help in producing a chart. My organization has hired about 100 folks since 1991, each on contracts of varying lengths of time. Some peoples' contracts have ended, and some have been renewed. I set up some worksheets inputting their names, start and end dates with the intent of producing a graph that will tell me exactly how many people were working for us at one time, based upon 6 month intervals. For example: John Doe 7/29/91 - 3/31/05 Jane Doe 6/21/94 - 2/20/96 Jake Doe 8/2/01 - 4/18/03 I would like a chart that can tell me how many people w...

Changing font size in data validation drop-down lists
In Excel 2003, I created the value list on a separate worksheet and labled the range so I could use it in the data validation wizard on a different worksheet. The list is working fine; however, the font size in the drop-down list is too small to comfortably read. So far, I have tried: Making the font in the list larger. Formatting larger font size in the active cell with the drop-down button And, creating the list on the same worksheet. All three remedies have not increased the size of the font in the drop-down list. Suggestions are welcome. Great Optimism, Dutch Driver There is n...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Viewing xml created in .Net in a ASP form VB6
I have been trying to create an xml document in VB.Net for displaying on an existing page written in ASP. im having a type mismatch error in my code. When i view my XML i have the following included in the <binary> node. <Binary xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes" dt:dt="bin.base64">DATA HERE </Binary My issue is how do i set the datatype of the the node using dotnet so that i can replicate the same node structure and use my existing ASP page. thanks in advance Colin Graham ...

Threaded message view?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DB_01C3970B.56F977D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I'm using Outlook 2003 and for the life of me can't find a way to get a = threaded message view similar to how Outlook Express shows messages in = newsgroups. I've experimented with group by/sort by filters, and the = best I can come up with is a view that has messages in threads, but = sorted the wrong way. Is there a way I can get message th...

email charts
I have an excel workbook file containing many department sales charts that recieve data from a group of central data entry spreadsheets. Each department chart resides on its own sheet. Is there a way to email individual chart sheets (or snapshots of the chart sheet) to the respective departments without sending the entire parent file to all recipients? Thanks, Mnaut You could export the chart as a gif file, then email that file to the department. The following code creates a gif file from the active chart: '============================ Sub ExportChartGIF() ActiveChart.Export Filenam...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

see chart from pushing button
how would I see a chart from pushing a button on the spreedsheet ? ...

Switching x-axis & y-axis on line chart
I am working with a large data spreadsheet with year, number and currency data. My problem is when I extract data to create a standard line chart, the chart is defaulting to a specific x-axis and y-axis format with data related to each axis. For visualization purposes, I would prefer to have the data that is currently presented on the x-axis to instead be presented on the y-axis. And likewise, I would like the y-axis data be presented in the x-axis. However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this and the MS Excel Help menu does not seem to address this. Can anyone help? If ...

pie-charting non-numeric data
I would like to chart and graph responses to a survey that are non-numeric in nature, such as a bar graph for "yes" and no" responses to a question. Or in particular a pie chart that shows how many people picked option "P" vs. "K", "J" or "N". For the pie chart I have a column of data cells, each containing one of the four letters. In short, how do I accomplish charting and/or graphing non-numeric responses? So you have a column of Yes/No or P/K or J/N? Construct a pivot table of this range, and you can produce counts of each value...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Changing size and placement of maximized dialog
Hi, I want to have maximized window not on all screen. how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? I red doc for SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) and I have tried in OnInitDialog(): wPLac.length = sizeof(WINDOWPLACEMENT); GetWindowPlacement(&wPlac); wPlac.ptMaxPosition.x = 200; wPlac.ptMaxPosition.y = 200; SetWindowPlacement(&wPlac) But after dialog is maximized it is on all screen. What is wrong ? Peter "Peter": > I want to have maximized window not on all screen. > how to change maximized size and placement of dialog ? > I red doc for SetWindowPlaceme...

viewing other publisher files
I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of the same year and version, I get an error message saying that Publisher cannot open files from a different source. Does anyone know what gives? Are you sure they are also using Pub 2000? Are you running Norton antivirus? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "freedom" <freedom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF95B6D4-85E8-4C5E-A8E1-1B2635AAEF23@microsoft.com... >I have MIcrosoft Publisher 2000. When my friends send me Publisher files of > the same year and version, I...

Outlook 2003 calendar side-by-side view
I added another users calendar to my view and now it's entries are mixed up into my calendar. When I uncheck viewing the other calendar, the entries don't go away. ...

How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17)
How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) Hello- Excel doesn't provide for custom paper sizes, but most any size appropriate for Excel output is already provided _if_ the installed print driver supports it. Go to File>Page SetUp--Page and open the list of sizes. If your installed driver supports 11x17 it will be in the list (although it may be listed as 'Ledger' rather than by dimensions). HTH |:>) "Marcin Rembisz" wrote: > How do you define a custom paper size in Excel? (i.e. 11x17) ...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...