how to display Timestamp on x-axis in Scatter smooth line graph

hi all..
i,m using excel 2010 on windows XP.
i want to display timestamp on the x-axis in the format hh:mm:ss for
example from 17:18:48 hour till 23:59:56 hour instead of just integer
i.e 0 to 5000.
any help would be much appreciated.

--
bugserm

command line conversion from 97 to 2002
I have a couple of hundred laptops in the field that each have an Access 97 mdb that needs to be converted to Access 2003. Is it possible to do this with the command line /convert ? When we deployed these things five years ago we installed DATAACC for the drivers necessary. Access is not installed on these machines. Do I need to install the newest version of MDAC and then call the access exe with the /convert switch? Where can I find documentation on this switch? Thanks Doug Installing the latest version of MDAC isn't going to help, for a couple of reasons. MDAC hasn't included Jet...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Numbers dont display or add up correctly in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I type in 1000 and it divides all numbers by 100, 23 becomes 0,23. Then if I Sum a list of numbers it doesn't ad up coretly (even the wrong numbers don't add up) Excel doesn't work for me - although the product was provided (bundled) by Apple - apple won't support it - and neither will Microsoft so I end up with no-person to talk to - amazing. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks On 6/5/09 6:35 AM, in article 59b75f96.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Clive@officeformac.com" <Cli...

User Status Display
I would like to display certain information messages to the user in a temporary window of some kind. I don't want to require any response from the user so a MessageBox won't do. Is there something like a messagebox that doesn't require any user response? Write your own, a MessageBox is simply a modal dialog. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "StanS" <StanS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D83F301-F23F-4BAF-BBEE-D0CE5B083955@microsoft.com... >I would like to display certain information messages to the user in a > temporary win...

Urgent Help Needed!!
I'm making a leagye table and I need to link a line graph up to the results of a team chosen by a combo box, and then read the positions that that team has been in during the season so that it shows the increse/decrease in the teams performace. Attachment filename: image2.jpg Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=404739 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ any ideas are welcome, i don't mind if i have 2 change anything to get it to work, i just need to do this a quite urgently? If needed to i will do it a...

ClistCtrl and how to cross out a line
Hello I have CListCtrl object and style LVS_REPORT, but I can't make a horizontal line to cross out one line with subitems. So please help: How to do that line? m. >I have CListCtrl object and style LVS_REPORT, but I can't make a >horizontal line to cross out one line with subitems. >So please help: How to do that line? There's no build-in functionality to display strikeout text - but you can probably do it yourself by the custom draw facility - see NM_CUSTOMDRAW documentation in MSDN. Dave In addition to David's advice these articles may help: http://www.codeg...

Scatter plot
I have an XY scatter graph with some points in it. My data in the spreadsheet looks like this: [Title] [X-value] [Y-value] [size] Data 1 | 10 | 10 | 1 Data 2 | 33 | 44 | 5 What I want to do is to change the size of the data point according to the value I specify. Right now, I have to individually modify each point and add a number corresponding to the size. Is there anyway to take the size-value from the spreadsheet and change the size of the point in the graph? In the long run, I am also looking to modify the color. If the solution requires some VBA coding, I am up for that. Any sugges...

Unable to display the folder...
Hi! I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000. I am suddenly having the same problem. If you find a solution, could you please post it or, better yet, send it to me. Thank you "M P" wrote: > Hi! > > I just notice that I...

Using Pivot Table to display text values
I am trying to use an Excel Pivot Table to display the associated text data (there is only one value cell for each row and column combination). The data is currently displayed as zeros in the Pivot Table since it is trying to COUNT, rather than just display the text. Is there a way to turn off the Count function without using another formula such as SUM or AVERAGE? Text can't be displayed in the data area of a pivot table. You have to use one of the available summarize options (Count, Sum, etc.), but you could format the cells with white font, so the results aren't visible. ...

Copied Worksheet, lost the lines that were drawn
Recently upgraded to Windows7. When I copy a Worksheet in the same Workbook (.xlsx file), the lines that were drawn in the original Worksheet from the Insert/Illustrations/Shapes from the Ribbon, do not copy to the new Worksheet. I looked for something in the Options, but couldnt find an answer there. Does anyone else have this problem as well, or know how to fix it? Thanks, Michael Found the solution. When I re-set my Excel Options, in the Advanced tab/page, I checked off the Cut, copy, and sort inserted objects with their parent cells. I simply put the check back, and...

Pivot Table 2007 display field only in Grand Total
Dear Excel experts, I have a Pivot Table (Excel 2007). As an example, the table consists of two Colum Labels (Expense 1 and Expense 2). Values under the Column Labels are Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget. All Values (Actual Expense, Budget and Full Year budget) are totaled in the Grand Total. However, Management want to see Full Year Budget only in Grand Total (not under Expenses 1 and Expense 2). I was manually hiding those values. Is there a way to automate this? Thanks ...

X-Y map of 2 issues with one PIN
I want to map on an x-y chart two issues about 2 to 4 products I want to map the products by 1) there price & 2) there complexity I built the data and the chart but my problem is that I am getting 2 sets of plotted pins - one set is how you would expect in various points on the chart the problem is that there is a second set of plot points that run acroos the bottm of the chart and if you remove that plot range from the chart then the other polt points are no longer dynamic. This use to be easy You need to share some more about what you are doing. What are you plotting? Price...

Import Eudora 5.x into Outlook 2002/XP?
I'm trying to import messages (and, less important, address book) from Windows Eudora Pro 5.x into MS Outlook XP. Doesn't work in Outlook and MS Knowledge Base says it only handles earlier Eudora versions. Qualcomm referred me to emailman.com, but I couldn't find any programs there that say they do it. I'm willing to use an intermediate program or format if necessary. What do you recommend? J. Celoni [e-mail address has dash not period after la] ...

Charting
I am trying to figure out a way to add an additional Y-Axis line to a chart. Current chart is a standard bar chart with about 10 rows of data (cost breakdown). I want to add a cost per square foot, but when I try to add it to the Y-Axis by creating a custom bar line chart, it wants to add other lines of data to that axis. In addition, I can't get rid of the cost per square foot in the data table. It is not a per project total like the bars in the graph, but a cumulative cost per foot for all bars in the graph. In addition, I want to show the totals of all the data per project wit...

TO CREATE A LINE CHART WITH RATE IN Y AXIS & REAL TIME IN X AXIS
i want to create a line chart in excel for rate vs time as y & x axis data. the chart should be an automatic charting as, when the particular time (10,10.30,11,11.30 ...)of system time reaches the data in one cell (rate ) should be taken automatically for charting the chart for 10am to 11.30pm. the only thing is how to check logically if the system time reached or not. Put the times in one column and the rates in the next, then create an XY chart. I can't tell a lot from your post, but if you expect Excel to determine a rate from the time, it will not. You have to write some fo...

Can't get CStatusBar to display
I have tried to add a status bar to my application but it doesn't display. It doesn't throw up any error either and seems to create the object OK. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? It doesn't complain, the CStatusBar object creates OK and I have my INDICATOR values in my string table... it just doesn't display on my dialog. /* CMainDlg.cpp */ static UINT indicators [] = { ID_SEPARATOR, ID_INDICATOR_SERVER, ID_INDICATOR_EXTRA }; /* BOOL CMainDlg::OnInitDialog() */ if (!m_StatusBar.Create(this) || !m_StatusBar.SetIndicators(indicators, sizeof(indicators)/sizeof(UINT))) ...

Resource Graph
Is it possible to filter tasks used to generate a Resource Graph? Specifically I would like to use the WBS number to filter only level 1 tasks and show the results for the individual resource. Able to successfully perform this filtering using the Resource Usage view, but not in the Resource Graph. Any help would be appreciated. Ray, If you open Resource Graph view in the bottom pane of any combination view that displays a task view on the top view, Resource Graph will display the data for only the resources assigned to the tasks filtered and selected in the top pane. ...

Cannot get datagrid to display data
Hi, I have an XML file that I was hoping to use as a database Here is the code that I have copied that should display the data namespace File_Generation_System { public partial class vrholds : Form { public vrholds() { InitializeComponent(); XmlDataDocument xmlDatadoc = new XmlDataDocument(); xmlDatadoc.DataSet.ReadXml("vrdatabase.xml"); DataSet ds = new DataSet("vrdata DataSet"); ds = xmlDatadoc.DataSet; dataGridView1.DataSource = ds.DefaultViewManager; } But what I g...

commando line parameter
Hi NG, i need to create a new Mail via command line and want to attach some files. It looks like this: outook /a "c:\test.txt" works well but how can I manage it to send two or more files ?? At best I want to import the files from a file which contains the full path and name from every file in each line. Have an idea ???? Thanx Tobi ...

Export "Received" timestamp from Outlook Messages
I am trying to build a database that will track responses to and from an email group. I would like to export the timestamp in the "Received" or "Sent" fields. The standard export feature in Outlook does not include these fields. Does anybody have a suggestion on how I can capture these fields in my export file. Thanks, Ken ...

Excel 2007
Guys, Here is my problem. As an output of my analysis I have a pivot table containing 4 columns: col1 - date; col2 - number_of_successfull_connections; col3 - number_of_failed_connections; col4 (auto) - total. Example: 09/01/2007 12 2 14 09/02/2007 32 1 33 09/03/2007 12 9 21 [...] I would like to create a 100% stacked line or column chart for date and number_of_failed_connections (to track % of bad connections per day). In addition, each makrer's label should contain % failure, and number of connections (example for 09/01/2007 "14%/2") What really drives me crazy is a fact th...

I need assistance building graph with multiple data measurements.
I am a chart virgin and desperately need help!!! I need to build a bar graph with whole numbers for call volumes of differant lines of business and also with percentages for service levels. I tried to follow the Help screen and add a secondary axis however when I go to format after clicking on the second series, I only get the option of Selected data Labels. I cant find the option Selected data series like the help screen says I should get. Am I doing something wrong?? Please help!! I am using excel 2003. Thanks Hi Scarlett, Have a look at Jon Peltier's example. http://peltiertech....

PDF Maker in Office X
I have a 15 page report I did in Word X on my Mac. It has two Sections. = A 1 page cover sheet and then the 14 page report. When I make a PDF=20 out of this, it makes a separate PDF for each section. It doesn't = matter=20 if I use the PDF maker, the PDF maker to email, or the PDF maker in the=20 print dialogue. I have Acrobat Reader and the full Acrobat 6 Pro in the CS package, but=20 I'm using Office to make the PDF. I've been poking around seeing if=20 there is some kind of setting in a preference or something, but can't=20 find anything. Plus what would be the point ...

FYI on Chk'ing "Change Hotmail Password Every X Days"
I made the mistake of changing my Live Password and then checking the box for changing it again every X days. I have Hotmail going to Outlook. Time flies & All of a sudden I'd get a Hotmail Password Request Box REPEATEDLY popping-up whenever the Outlook Send/Receive was going. After hours of scratching my head the "Your (Hotmail) Password Has Expired" box Finally surfaced, and after creating a new one all the pop-ups stopped. Use this Change-Password feature with the above possibility in mind. FYI Thanks for sharing - we're seeing a lot a issues with outl...