how to display Timestamp on x-axis in Scatter smooth line graph

hi all..
i,m using excel 2010 on windows XP.
i want to display timestamp on the x-axis in the format hh:mm:ss for
example from 17:18:48 hour till 23:59:56 hour instead of just integer
i.e 0 to 5000.
any help would be much appreciated.

--
bugserm

Qty x cost from 1 colume
I have a workbook that has a list of part numbers & Qtys. It looks up the cost from 3 different Mfg product line lists and returns the cost in 3 different columes. Now I need to multiply the Qty. x the cost but I only want it done for 1 colume. Some of the pn's are in 1,2, or 3 of the columes. I use IF(ISNA) to put 0's in when it's not on one of the lists. Some Pn's are used in 1 or more lines & some are not. So far I've not come up with a good formula. Thanks in advance for any ideas. PN qty cost1 cost2 cost3 total cost 111 2 1.00 0 ...

Line chart Axis labels problem
Hi Trying to produce a chart with wizard from two columns of data: Year 2002 2003 2000 ...

Data display
I currently have a birthday field displayed as 19891011. I would like this to be displayed as 10/11/1989. How do I do this? The content of the cell is not a number representing a date. It cannot therefore be formatted as a date. You could use LEFT, MID and RIGHT in another cell to present the birthday as you want to see it For example: =MID(A1,5,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,2)&"/"&LEFT(A1,4) or perhaps better: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),RIGHT(A1,2),MID(A1,5,2)) and format as a date however you want to see it. Change the cell reference to suit Regards Trevor "M...

How many lines are allowed in 2-D graph, Excel 2007
In Excel 2003 you can use up to 32000 lines in a 2-D graph. How many lines are allowed in 2-D graph, Excel 2007 Hi, According to the help the limits for charts has not changed between 2003 and 2007. Data series in one chart 255 Data points in a data series for 2-D charts 32,000 Data points in a data series for 3-D charts 4,000 Data points for all data series in one chart 256,000 Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "mulehead" <mulehead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79D930B-8C36-4E8B-92D7-9953AE7FC83E@microsoft...

Guides, or non-printing lines
Hello there -- I am trying to lay out some guides on a page in Word 2003 (Windows XP). As I cannot find any information about adding guides to a page in Word, I am simply adding some lines to my page to work like guides (no snapping, of course). However, in order to work like guides, I am trying to figure out how to make these lines NOT print, while the rest of the page content prints. Does anyone have any advice on making non-printing lines? Word is not page layout software and consequently doesn't have any provision for layout guides. What it does have is nonprinting "...

Graphing A Time Series OF Stocks
My data looks like so: Stock TradePrice TradeVolume ExecutionDateTime EFG 5.2 8 2:40:04 PM EFG 5.5 8 2:40:02 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.3 10 2:40:01 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM EFG 5.1 10 2:40:00 PM ABC 1.5 4 2:31:17 PM ABC 1.6 ...

Don't use full display / Spare a little border
Hi, Maybe this Group isn't the correct. I use an TI-OMAP3530 (with Board Support Package from BSquare) and it works good. On our hardware design we use a display with 800x480px. This display is Landscape (We want to use this display later in Portrait mode) and has a bigger border for the backlight LEDs on the lower side. Our device is in small size, so the border for the LEDs is masked by the box. For design reasons the opposite side of the display is masked too, so the display is cut a little bit (30 lines) on the upper side. In the device driver for display I can set the timing...

Pole Display LD9900UP
I am trying to set up the LD9900UP pole display, but with no success. It is OPOS compatible, but nothing is showing up on the display. Is there a setup document about it ? Thanks. -- GCI GCI, Haven't used that model, but should be similar to the 3900. Here's a setup sheet for it; http://tinyurl.com/y8sw65 Must have access to CustomerSource -- Jeff Check Point Software ===================================================== You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment(s). If you are not using a reader, follo...

move axis
My Power Point insists upon placing the vertical axis in the middle of the chart pane, no matter what I do to try to get it to move. HELP!!! Double click the horizontal axis, and adjust the Value (Y) Axis Crosses At setting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "rmel" <rmel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F90658-69E9-41E6-9CBD-A6461535807B@microsoft.com... > My Power Point insists upon placing the vertical axis in the middle of the > cha...

how to make the axis of charts to start at my lowest value(data)?
actually, i am making a chart with values starting at 40 to 85. when i plot the chart, it is located somewhere in the middle upto the end because excel tries to plot 0 to 40 on my x axis which i do not want. what i want is that the x-axis of my chart should start at 40 then probably by interval of five upto 85. also my y-axis to start at 140 upto ~180. here is my data. x y 72 160 54 149 78 152 84 171 62 153 57 158 49 142 68 164 75 166 56 150 60 160 50 141 80 166 45 136 52 129 55 159 pls help. thanks. Hi, Rightclick on the X-axis --> "Format Axis" -...

Acces to Excel automation : chart problem
Good afternoon, This is my first post so apologies if i don't observe any etiquette. I'm coding Access to Excel to create an xls file with a sheet of figures and a chart embedded on the sheet. I've got most everything going fine BUT I can't get the X Category Axis set up on the graph. Any suggestions will be most appreciated. Here's the code: 'Create the first Chart - month to month figures Dim chart1 As ChartObject Set chart1 = xlSheet.ChartObjects.Add(10, 200, 920, 300) chart1.Chart.chartwizard _ Source:=xlSheet.Range("D3:e14"), _ ...

One Register with Line Display Not Working
Hi all ~ I've got a problem with one register's line display. It's a Posiplex 7000. I've got two of them, one works and the other doesn't. I was able to get the line display to work last week, except for the minor problem with the line wrapping from above. Now the text is messed up - it looks like the Matrix code. Actually, it looks like the font like the Matrix code (from the movie) or like ascii. I tried restarting the pc, unplugging the display and I re-tried the driver from Posiflex. It looks like it's a problem within POS, because if I switch to another app...

Help: displayed characters all changed to graphic boxes!
I ran repair on windows live essentials. I did not back up my system and apparently the system did not make a restore point. I was instructed to reboot. The welcome screen and other screens were normal except that every non-space character is represented as a graphic box. Boxes represent all places where characters can be typed in response boxes. Typed responses appear to work. Canned messages are displayed normally. Composed messages are one box for every non-space character. This affects every application both user and system. I have been trying to figure out what has happened ...

Displaying column history in a report
I am trying to create a report that is linked to a sharepoint (MOSS 2007 ) table. One of the fields is a append text field, and I want to be able to display the date similarly to how it is shown in the view item page in sharepoint. That is show all the edits to this field, with username of who made the edit. I don;t see a way to get that data from Access. Thanks, Jonathan ...

How do I make front and back pages line up for duplex printing?
There is an 1/3 inch offset between the front and back pages of my duplex document. I tried manually moving both pages 1/16 inch to correct the misalignment, but that didn't correct the problem. I cannot find a way to correct the offset within the Publisher application. Can anyone help me? Thanks dcoaz wrote: > There is an 1/3 inch offset between the front and back pages of my duplex > document. I tried manually moving both pages 1/16 inch to correct the > misalignment, but that didn't correct the problem. > > I cannot find a way to correct the offset within the...

Include 1-x columns in @Sum depending on date
I have 12 columns, one per month The formula for the Total Column should include only the columns to represent a year-to-date total. How would I do this? Jan Feb Mar Apr May 1 1 1 1 1 In March the total would be 3, in April the total would be 4. ...

Suppressing Report Headers or How to Report/Display Parent/Child/Granchild relationships
Ok, So, what I have done is create a set of tables that hold data about terms and their definitions. Each term (except the root term) have a parent. There are 5 tables: Root, Grandparents, Parents, Children and Grandchildren. The children of grandparents are stored in the Parents table, etc. So, I've created queries to rejoin all of this a table where the root and its metadata are in column 1-3, grandparents in 4-6, parents in 7-9, children in 10-12 and grandchildren in 13-15. The problem is that not every parent has a child. So, in the query results there are empty cells/values, that'...

exporting graph into a jpeg or bmp format
I need to export my charts/graphs into a jpeg or bmp format so I can post them on a page in the web. The tool that they are posted in only will accept charts and graphs that have bmp or jpg file extensions. I don't see this as an option in Excel...any ideas? Charts should generally not be exported as jpeg. Common other formats are gif and png; bmps are generally very large. You can use VBA to export charts to common graphical formats, depending on your installation. But John Walkenbach's free Chart Tools add-in (http://j-walk.com) can export charts for you, in GIF, PNG, TIF, an...

Urgent Help Needed: X axis to scale
I am plotting a line graph of the level of animal dose response (y-axis) over time of sampling (x-axis) that is as listed on my spreadsheet. Unfortunately the time of sampling is not at an equal interval value (-14, -7, 0, 0.25, 4, 10, 28 etc.). Currently all the time points are defaulting to spread by same scaled interval on the graph regardless of the x value. In another word, I want the spread of points on my graph between -14 to -7 to be much greater than the interval between 0 and 0.25. Does anyone know how I can make the x-axis to be plotted to scale? Thanks. Hi, You need...

Display wrapped text in merged cells
I can't seem to get merged cells to expand and display the wrapped text. It only seems to work with unmerged cells. This is a necessity in forms. Can this be done??? Merged cells with Wrap Text set do not automatically adjust row heights, unlike non-merged cells. The only workaround I know of is a macro, for what it's worth. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ''Simulates row height autofit for a merged cell if the active cell.. '' is merged. '' has Wrap Text set. '' includes only 1 row. ''Unlike real autosizing the macro only increases row height...

primary/secondary axis next to each other
I recently installed Office 2007 and my charts that have a primary and secondary vertical axis now has the secondary axis just to the left of the primary. I hope thats not how 2007 is suppose to look. How can I get hte secondary axis back over to the right of the chart? Hi, I was able to reproduce the problem if the chart had a secondary x axis as well as secondary y axis, but only when the secondary x axis had the option Categories in reverse order. To send the secondary Y axis back to the right I set Vertical axis crosses at to automatic instead of maximum. Cheers Andy Roxy wrote...

E-mail 2 line receipt format
I, too, have been trying to change the HML receipt format to get 2 lines with the ItemLookup code on the first line and the Description and Price on the 2nd line. Would Akber or anyone please e-mail a copy of this 2 line format to me at jsjohnson1@aol.com? Thanks in advance for your help. HI Jane, will sending you by evening this format. "Jane J" wrote: > I, too, have been trying to change the HML receipt format to get 2 lines > with the ItemLookup code on the first line and the Description and Price on > the 2nd line. Would Akber or anyone please e-mail a copy of ...

is it possible to create a line break
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel is it possible to create a line break in text within a cell? I can't seem to create a forced return. Try Option+Command+return. For more, have a look in Excel Help at the topic: Excel keyboard shortcuts. Sincerely, spend a little time in Help learning more about the program... It beats the devil out of trying to 'figure it out' by trial & error :-) HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/5/10 4:19 PM, in article 59bb803f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Jim_Nash@officeformac...

combination column line on 2 axis question
The Chart Wizard allows you to plot two columns on the primary x axis and a line on the secondary x axis. Does anybody know how to add another column to the primary x axis and keep the line on the secondary? In other words three columns and 1 line. Thanks!!! Art - It's easier to dispense with the "built-in custom" types (love that oxymoron), and create your own. Make a chart with all of the series as columns. Right click on the one you want to change, select Chart Type from the pop up menu, and choose a Line type. Now double click on the series, and on the Axis tab,...

Smartlist Builder-Goto to the Sales Line Detail window
Is it possible to use a goto button from smartlist builder, to get to the sales item detail window? I can get to the sales transaction window just fine, but need to get to the sales line detail window (blue arrow after clicking into the sales line on the front window) Can anyone help me with this? I would like to be able to edit the qty to invoice field, after drilling back from the smartlist. thansks! -- Doug Have you tried running the script on Expansion Button 5 of the SOP Entry window? This is tricky because you are trying to launch a window attached to a s...