how to display Timestamp on x-axis in Scatter smooth line graph

hi all..
i,m using excel 2010 on windows XP.
i want to display timestamp on the x-axis in the format hh:mm:ss for
example from 17:18:48 hour till 23:59:56 hour instead of just integer
i.e 0 to 5000.
any help would be much appreciated.

--
bugserm

error 80070103 after trying to install my saitek cyborg x joystick
i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - install cd, "plug and play" while getting the drivers from microsoft and the saitek websites and have had no luck. still getting the "error 80070103" message. help? Tip: Do not install any driver updates offered by Windows Update. Get them from the manufacturer's website instead. http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php "gabriel_blues" wrote: > i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - > install cd, "plug and play" ...

Display As = File as & (address in parens)
I just moved all my contacts into a new .pst file (I'm using OL 2003) and something changed. I USED TO have "Display As" show only the person's name, and not the person's name PLUS the email address in parens as the default does. In other words, default would show "JOHN SMITH (johnsmith@aol.com)". But when I created all those entries, I changed them to show only "JOHN SMITH". In my new file, Outlook has changed all my "Display As" entries to the default: name AND email address. It's not how I want it, so I'm hoping there'...

lines in the corners
How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print? In the print dialogue, Advanced Print Settings, Page settings tab, clear crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ComputerQuestion" <ComputerQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D4A5FC-678D-4DC7-81CE-529543E164CB@microsoft.com... > How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print? ...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Line-break in a cell without ALT-ENTER?
Is there a way to do this? I would like to make it so when the user hits "ENTER", it doesn't go to the next cell. I want it to just make a line-break in the cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a couple of macros, but before you do that, how would you really hit the enter key? I think I wouldn't really do this, but if had to, I'd remap the enter key from the numeric keyboard only. Then I could still use the QWER...

How do I stop axis titles from overlapping with negative chart da.
The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still overlaps. Hi, You can find an explanation here. http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm Cheers Andy KarenNeedsHelp wrote: > The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles. I've tried offset, > but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still > overlaps. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Karen - Double click on the category titles o...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?
I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I would like to indicate a specific date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks. I have attempted to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not seem to be compatible. Hi, See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Steve wrote: > I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I...

xy Scatter chart #3
I will try to explain this to the best of my knowledge: I have a spreadsheet with some information that is set up like this: Example Risk Impact Probability Director Trls Med 3 1 Wrong Trips High 4 3 Upgrade JAX Low 1 1 These numbers are generated from a series of questions that determine wether the risk is a high, med, or low factor. So there is really no way of knowing what numbers determines a Low, Med, or High Risk The numbers will never go higher than a 4 and lower th...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

In-Line Graphics in Pub2002
I have a group of several objects that I want to float with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and float them separately. Is there any way around this? Thx Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a group of several objects that I want to float || with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the || objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and || float them separately. Is there any way around this? You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of ob...

Formula for excel example 555 x 15%
=555*0.15 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "sari" <sari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B4BA8D5-04A4-4195-B749-DFEED0452A3A@microsoft.com... > ...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

Embedded Pictures received from Others do not display in outlook.
I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook Express but do not display at all in Outlook. Is this related to a security setting in Outlook that I can change to allow these pictures to be displayed? PLEASE HELP!!!! Jim <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. When e-mails are > received with embedded pictures, they display properly in Outlook > Express but do not display at all in Outlook. > > Is this related to a securi...

Need help importing from Entourage 2001 to X
Hello, I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is locate and try to selected, it won't let me selected the program. is there a work around for this? regard, SolarPunk On 10/3/03 08:06 AM, in article 749b1a48.0310030706.4312608b@posting.google.com, "SolarPunk" <solarpunk@fusionrain.com> wrote: > I am trying to import from Entourage 2001 to X, when i choose to > import from program and i go to the directory where Entourage 2001 is > locate and try to selected, it won't...

solve 2 linear equations on a graph
I have plotted 2 lines on a graph in Excel 2003 and I want the function that gives the value of the intersection Hi, if they are trend lines, use the slope and intercept functions to give you the coefficients for each equation, and then solve for x and y, given that at the intersection point, x and y will be the same for both lines. Dave url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/10296297.aspx I have found the slope and the intercept - how do I get excel to solve the equations? "Dave Curtis" wrote: > Hi, > > if they are trend lines, use the slope and intercept functions to g...

Automatic date/time aquisition for graphs
Ok, I collect particle count data for a cleanroom which looks like th following: "LASAIR110","04/05/19","15:47:41",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,433,486,236,113,294,196,103,328,4.993,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,"22de" "LASAIR110","04/05/19","16:33:15",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,458,432,163,55,107,55,46,139,5.007,1.0000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,0.000,2299 "LASAIR110","04/05/19","17:18:49",2700.0,45.00,"V6.3",0,0,0,1,305,286,76,29,14,1,0,0,5.017,1.0000,0.000...

space between lines to be one
Re: Outlook 2003 I use Outlook to process my e-mail. How would I make the space between lines to be one (1)? Sometimes the space between lines is two (2), especially between paragraphs. Thank you, Barry Karas "Barry Karas" <barrykaras1234@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EZidnXsnw4464xHbnZ2dnUVZ_rqhnZ2d@comcast.com... > Re: Outlook 2003 > > I use Outlook to process my e-mail. How would I make the space between > lines to be one (1)? > > Sometimes the space between lines is two (2), especially between > paragraphs. > > Thank you, > >...

"Display Map of Address" not working...
Hi - noticed this on two machines, one XP and the other WIN2K, both running Outlook 2003. When I click on "Display Map of Address" for a contact, a browser window opens, but it cannot connect to the web site it uses, which i believe is expedia maps; so the page is just empty. I've used this feature a lot in the past without problems, and have never had mappoint installed on either machine. I also found this problem when trying two separate browsers as the default. Given that i'm seeing the issue on two separate machines, thinking it's some sort of more global issue...

Excel file with Active X programming growing uncontrollably
I have designed an Excel spreadsheet with a number of formulas, buttons (Active X) and VB code connected to them. All it does is calculations on values in cells and on other worksheets and workbooks. I regularly save the latest version of this Excel file under a new name. But every time I do this it seems to grow enormously. The first version was 734 KB. There are only minor changes in the program since then, but the latest version has grown to 7,7 MB! But there is really no more data stored in it that in the first one. Does anyone have a clue what is happening here, and what I can do?...

How do I place multiple centered lines in a header?
I wish to place multiple centered lines in the header of a Visio project. I can't find anything to help me with this. I wish to see: ABC Company Special Project centered in the header of the documents I am creating. Are you printing one Visio page per printer page? If so, you can use a background page instead of a Header/Footer. The options for H/Fs are quite limited compared to what you can do with background pages. The reason for including H/Fs in Visio was to address the problem when a Visio drawing ended up printing on multiple pages. The H/Fs allowed easy identification of ...

Multiple display names for one user?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42D19.8EED3880 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is this possible? We have a few people that I like to call "special" = who seem to have some identity problems. These people have a first = name, middle name and a nick name. Well they don't like the fact that = their email shows up as their legal name, but they still want it there = incase people use it. So what we have ended up doing is creating = multiple logins and email accounts th...

Color coding data in line graphs
I am building several line graphs for 9 customers. Is there a way to assign a color for the data by customer without manually adjusting the line for each customer in each line graph? You could adapt this approach: VBA Conditional Formatting of Charts by Series Name http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/vba-conditional-formatting-of-charts-by-series-name/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ brewer wrote: > I am building several line graphs for 9 customers. Is there a way to assign > a color for the data by customer without manually adju...

Adding additional address lines on version 8
I am modifying the POP Blank Form on version 8 (never been modified before). I have modified the existing Vendor Address 1-3 within Calculated fields to add the Country (removing the last ""). I then create a vendor address 4, which is identical to 1-3 except for a number 4 for the line number. This is what I have done in all previous versions and it has worked fine. When I go to print I get an error "Max symbol length exceeded: Increase MAX_TOK_LEN." If I delete the new calculated field it prints fine. All our SOP reports have the 4 line, but were upgraded to ...