How to decrease tick mark labels in Area/Line combo chart?

I have an area/scatter line combo chart. I'm plotting weeks for two years on
the X axis. It's actually consists of 2 columns of data. Column B will have
the weeks as 1,2,3, and 4 then the same number again 1,2,3,4. While col A
will show the period (every 4 weeks = one period) for a total of 13 period
for the first year and the same for the second year. Plotting 104 weeks on
the X axis makes it hard to see/read. I couldn't adjust the 'number of
categories between tick mark lables', I guess because the chart contains area
type. I have tried to add a dummy scatter line, so I can adjust the labels
from showing each and everyone to may be show one every 3 weeks, but the
option still grayed out.
Any idea on how to make this legible?

Thanks.
--
when u change the way u look @ things, the things u look at change.
0

Adding additional data to a pivot chart
Hello, I am trying to add a line or some sort of note to a pivot chart and I'm wondering how to do it. I will have multiple items but the note only occurs on one date for each particular item. For example, let's say that I am keeping track of when I buy an item (month and year) and when I sell an item (month and year). I want to add some sort of note automatically to my pivot charts indicating when I put these items on sale (month and year). For example, maybe I put all RC Cars on sale May-01 and all airplanes on sale Oct-05. How can I get the sale date into my pivot chart? I&#...

drop zero lines from charts
I have a automated chart I create every month. Sometimes there is no data for that month. I'd like the chart to still show that month without the line dropping to zero. I have the data below the chart coming over as blank by formatting the cell to "number" and setting it at "0;-0;;". I was hoping that there is an easy way to have the line in the chart drop off also when there is no data to come over. Thanks in advance -- Baltimore Ravens Hi, With the chart selected choose Tools, Options, Chart, and chose Plot empty cells as Not plotted. -- Cheers, Shane Dev...

On-line Manual Problem
We are setting up money 2004for the first time, and can not get access to the on-line manual. I checked the browser security settings as suggested, and they are OK, but I just get an error message that the page can not be opened. Any suggestions as to what I am missing? Thanks SteveG In microsoft.public.money, steveg wrote: >We are setting up money 2004for the first time, and can >not get access to the on-line manual. I checked the >browser security settings as suggested, and they are OK, >but I just get an error message that the page can not be >opened. > >...

Making Data and Axis Labels Different
Hi, I have a simple column chart that uses millions of units on its Y axis and puts a label above each column showing the exact value. At the moment the Y axis shos all the trailing zeros behind each million value, somethiong like: 40000000 36524102 35000000 x .. x .. x .. x 5000000 x colummns here What I would like to show is the Y axis values without the trailing zeros but the data label in full. I seem to be able to do one or the other but not ...

how do I create a cluster chart?
How do I create a stacked cluster chart in Excel? Jon Peltier's instructions should help you. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#ClusterStack "JoanH" wrote: > How do I create a stacked cluster chart in Excel? JoanH, There can be several types of clustered charts in Excel. For example, you can have a clustered column which consists of a series of columns. Or, you can have a series of bars, which consists of horizonal bars. Finally, there are a number of combination charts that could be considered clustered. To create a simple clusted column cha...

I am completely lost on how to make charts and columns and how to. #2
A friend and I are doing homework for excel and we are at a total loss, the professor dropped a test on us 2 weeks too early and we don't even have the knowledge for the homework down yet. We can sure use any and all help to get us through this please? Jon Peltier has a Charting tutorial that may help you: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html And David McRitchie has a list of Excel tutorials: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm#tutorials Katedidit2004 wrote: > A friend and I are doing homework for excel and we are at a total loss, the &...

Organizational chart #2
I am looking for aprogram to download i am doing a project and I need to make an organizational chart the one I heard of was called "inspiration' it had some neet stuff and Ican' t find it any where Thanks Patricia in Oregan ...

Charting cells that have been grouped
When charting a large range of cells, which have been grouped in sets of 12 for convenience and easy review, the chart using this data is blank. If I ungroup the cells, the chart shows the data. Is there a way around this? Why can't a chart show the data even if the data is hidden? I don't know what you mean by "grouped" cells. Are you hiding cells? By default Excel doesn't display hidden data on a chart. To change this behavior: Select the chart, go to Tools menu > Options > Chart, and uncheck Plot Visible Cells Only. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft...

Is there a list of names for the various charts...
....with graphics, as I'm having a problem explaining my query e.g. a column chart with plus and minus figures in the series; the plus figures should show above the category axis line and the minus figures below the line. What would this chart be called? 2007 user Thank you Hi, You can do this with a Line chart or XY scatter, even Column charts or an Area chart. If you are asking is there a special chart name for this type of chart, you might check Jon Poltier's website. If you are asking does Excel have a special name for that type of chart, no. http://peltiertech.com/Ex...

need to create a bar chart with a centre axis
Need to create a chart with a centre axis, with one comparison going to the left, from zero to 22 and another set of data goin to the right with a comparison set of figures - if this makes any sense Hi, Sounds like a Tornado chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/tornadochart.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/tornado/index.html Cheers Andy Gover wrote: > Need to create a chart with a centre axis, with one comparison going to the > left, from zero to 22 and another set of data goin to the right with a > comparison set of figures - if this makes any sense > ...

graph lines will are not visible, just the points
I can see the markers of my graph, but the line joining those markers are not visible On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, ben <ben@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I can see the markers of my graph, but the line joining those markers are not >visible Press F1 and search for a Help item called something like "Change colors, patterns, lines, fills, and borders in charts" -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. Are there ga...

How do I change the x axis in a line chart
I have two sets of data and want to swap the y and x axes around. right click in chart select "source data" from the "series" tab select new values in the "name", "values", and "Category(x) axis labels" "Ric" wrote: > I have two sets of data and want to swap the y and x axes around. ...

Chart template not saving title formats
Hi - I have a chart saved as a template and everything is formatted correctly when applied to a new chart, except the chart and axis titles. The category and value axis values maintain the formatting that was stored with the chart. It's just the titles for the chart, category axis and value axis that I have to always reformat. Any suggestions? Thanks! Hi Tammy, chart templates will not save titles. Privacy was one of the concerns when considering that templates could be shared broadly without knowledge of what the template might contain. -- Thanks, Christopher This posting is p...

mail merge will not accept zip codes that start with a zero "label
my mail merge will not accept zip codes that start with a zero or end with a dash and four more numbers how do i format either excell or word so that i can print out my labels with the proper zip codes Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm about half w...

chart displaying horizontal line for zero data
Hello, I am using a column chart in Excel. The chart is currently displaying a horizontal line when there are zeros for the data. It is working as it was designed to do... however I would like to make the graph not display a line when there is all zero data. Is there an easy way to fix this problem? Thanks Pseud In place of zeros use =NA() This displays as #N/A and these points are ignored by chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email <pseudonym@1NET.gr> wrote in message news:1107198704.841502.289510@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

Global "disclaimer" line
How do you put a global disclaimer on all outgoing email? I'm not talking about a .sig line. That's what each user uses to put their unique contact info in. I'm talking about a legal disclaimer that goes below the .sig line and is "stamped" on every outgoing email. To add a disclaimer the Microsoft Article is as follows http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317680 However, to make your life easier, I recommend downloading the free version of GFI MailEssentials at the following link http://www.gfi.com/downloads/downloads.asp?pid=11&lid=1 G...

dynamic value display in a chart
i have a line chart that is being updated every day. I am trying to find a way to display the last day's value and this one only without having to manually select the data point every day. Any idea? Thx In article <04d801c399a3$44597c20$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > i have a line chart that is being updated every day. I am > trying to find a way to display the last day's value and > this one only without having to manually select the data > point every day. Any idea? > Thx > On the Excel | Tutorials | 'Dynamic Char...

Error when tagging emails off line in Outlook
When we tag an email to a CRM (3.0) object in Outlook while working off line and error occurs the next time you attempt to synch. The error shows the tagged email with the option of going on line and loosing the relationship or continue to work off line. Anyone else experience this problem? ...

chart Bar with %
How I create automatically chart similar to PIE but "columns with % " without create a new table with % numbers ? thanks Marina You can make a stacked column chart which shows each column as a percentage of the total of that stack. Unfortunately there is no option to use the percentages in the data labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Marina Limeira wrote: > How I create automatically chart similar to PIE but "columns with % " > without create a ne...

VLOOKUP for my Racin' chart
I have a table that has the car number, the driver's name, the finish and the points awarded. Everything works fine, EXCEPT.... There are 3 cars with 2 digit numbers beginning wth 0x. I solved the problem by using .01, .07 and .09, but I'd like something more elegant. I can enter number 01, but VLOOKUP returns the result from ZER0 and the array sort puts the 3 cars last. I also tried letter Ox with the same result or, perhaps, another error. Anybody got ideas? NASCAR sort by car works, listing 01 after 0 and 07 after 7. Uh oh, Maybe it's in the fact that they use # in fr...

Error when performing Outlook synchronise or going off-line
I have installed Microsoft CRM v.1.2 int. english on a W2003 server and the CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router on a W2000 Server with Exchane2000. My MS SQL 2000 Server is running on a W2000 Server too. Furthermore I have installed a XP Pro klient with Office 2003. On this computer I have installed the Sales For Outlook client with no errors reported througout the installation. I can work on-line on the CRM-server, send and receive e-mails and promote incomming e-mails. Everuthing seames to work properly. But when I try to syncronise I get an Error message: 'The specified domain either does not ex...

PDF from Word shows paragrpah marks when printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I created and saved a document in Word on my MacBook, and also saved a PDF of it for printing. Even though I can't see Word's paragraph/formatting marks in either saved document, the marks appear on the printed document. Is there anyway to fix this? Well, I certainly won't be rude enough to tell you "it can't happen" :-) but the fact is that those characters represent what are referred to as Non-Printing Characters. They should be universally recognized as such by any devices used on a PC or Mac. In fact, there...

Creating Multiple-Series Charts with as few steps as possible
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I routinely create charts with more than one series (e.g. several columns of data with x-axis labels in the first column and series names in the first row). <br><br>I can't get Excel to automatically recognize my first column of data as the x-axis and the first row of data as either the legend labels or y-axis (in 3D charts like a surface chart). The way I think it should work is: <br><br>1. I select the rectangle of data including x-axis labels in the first column and series names fo...

using outlook 2007 I can no longer paste jpg pictures into the text area
Good Day, I know that this is a simple questions and there has to be a setting in either Outlook or in office 2007 that will allow this to work. Outlook 2007 with SP1 plus all other updates (Office 2007 SP1) I just created a new system for a user and she was able to copy a jpeg into the text portion of an email, but now it becomes an attachment instead. Does anybody know were the setting are to allow jpeg to be inserted into the text portion of an email. Thanks Adam Raff Adam Raff, you wrote on Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:03:32 -0400: > Does anybody know were the setting are to allow...

charting #5
i have a table with names across the columns and a no. below each name column. How can i produce a bar chart where y-axis displays the names, and x- axis shows the no.s? Lynn wrote: > i have a table with names across the columns and a no. below each name > column. > > How can i produce a bar chart where y-axis displays the names, and x- > axis shows the no.s? Create a standard bar (not column) chart? Works for me. thanks On Aug 11, 4:42 pm, Lynn <moley_c...@yahoo.com.au> wrote: > thanks Hi Lynn, have a look for a search at Jon Peltiers site with a lot of several ...