How to create stacked line chart with some empty value?

Hello all:
I have a following data set for excel.

==A1  A2  A3  A4
B1   N       2        5        3
B2  8       N        2        7
B3  4       2        N        6
B4  7       6        4        N

I need to draw a stacked line with series in columns.
But whenever, i use excel to create chart from this dataset,
excel always canot generate the chart style i expect.

For the cells, A1-B1, A2-B2, A3-B3 and A4-B4, no value is available, so
i want excel just ignore those values and continue to
draw the following segments. so the each line out of four should be
divided by the empty value without connection.

How can I implement this with excel?

thank you
-Daniel

Daniel -

Leave the cells blank and Excel will break the line.  Blank doesn't mean
a formula that returns ""; this will plot like a zero.  If you enter
true blanks in these cells (i.e., select each cell and press Delete),
and the chart has no gap, select the chart, go to Options on the Tools
menu, click on the Chart tab, and check the Leave Gaps option for "Chart
Blanks As" at the top.

I don't know what the relevance is in a stacked line chart, once you
lose a data value in the middle....

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
_______

q09876 wrote:

> Hello all:
> I have a following data set for excel.
>
> ==A1  A2  A3  A4
> B1   N       2        5        3
> B2  8       N        2        7
> B3  4       2        N        6
> B4  7       6        4        N
>
> I need to draw a stacked line with series in columns.
> But whenever, i use excel to create chart from this dataset,
> excel always canot generate the chart style i expect.
>
> For the cells, A1-B1, A2-B2, A3-B3 and A4-B4, no value is available, so
> i want excel just ignore those values and continue to
> draw the following segments. so the each line out of four should be
> divided by the empty value without connection.
>
> How can I implement this with excel?
>
> thank you
> -Daniel

Stacking Data??
if I have data like this A B C D... 1 Type\Date 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04... 2 T-X 100 50 100 3 T-Y 50 70 0 4 T-Z 400 0 400 ... .. ...

charting independent XYScatter graphs
I'm trying to create a XYScatter graph of 3 independent datasets from within VB6 using OLE/Excel2000. I'm using the KB147803 article as a basis, but am stuck and hope someone can help. The example in KB147803 seems to indicate that there can only be one set of X-Values for the 3 XY Scatter Graph data sets. The X-Value series is the first row of data in the sheet, and is called out as a set of Category labels ('cwCategoryLabels=1'), and applies to all three subsequent rows of Y-Value data. In my case, I want to plot 3 independent sets of XY data, so I'd like to pr...

How to convert to absolute value?
Hello! How do I convert numbers to absolute value? Thanks Edit - Copy. Edit - PasteSpecial - Values - OK. Or do you want a code solution ? HTH. Best wishes Harald "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> skrev i melding news:5WmHg.12873$j8.11911@bignews7.bellsouth.net... > Hello! > > How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > > Thanks > > Print abs(-12) 12 On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:16:31 -0400, "Betsy Marlow" <cmarlow22@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Hello! > >How do I convert numbers to absolute value? > >Thanks >...

Help with graph / chart
I have a graph for weeks 1-52, I have split this into 4 seperate graphs each showing a quarter (13 weeks) I cant remember exactly how I created them but possibly using some sort of copy paste as each chart show weeks 1 - 13 along the bottom. This should read......... for chart 1 1-13 for chart 2 14 - 26 chart 3 27 - 40 chart 4 41 - 52 How do I change this on each chart to read the week numbers indicated.? thanks Hi, You need to define the Category labels for the chart. Chart 1 is fine as it defaults to the values 1 to 13. For the other 3 charts you will need to create...

How do make a line correspond to date
I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) date line that corresponds to today's date. -- DMM http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com... >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) >date > line that corresponds to today's...

Label lines disappear when I copy to Powerpoint
Just created a pie chart in Excel 2007 with Labels which have a line joining the label to the pie segment, however when I copy and paste into Powerpoint the lines joining the labels to the segments disappear. Anyone know how to fix this? Need presentation for tomorrow! __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4031 (20090423) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http://www.eset.com ...

Copy chart with reference table
I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside. Now I want to copy both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the new data table and have 2 different charts. My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one. Any way that I can do this easily? Copy the whole sheet. The copied chart links to the data on the copied sheet. Now cut the range that includes the copied char...

Don't plot zero values
I am currently using Excel XP. I have a scatter chart and would only like to plot non zero values. These are not null values. Is there a chart setting I can do to skip plotting zero values or do I need to somehow filter/sort the data first and then plot? TIA George Hey George - If there are true zeros in the data, perhaps the easiest way to exclude them from the chart is to use an autofilter on the data that hides the rows with zeros. Alternatively, you could insert a column to hide the zeros. Say the range with zeros is in B1:B10. Select C1:C10, and enter this formula into C1: =IF...

diable command button based on field value
I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the following rules: If A = 1 then button is disabled If B = 2 then button is enabled Where you put the code depends on how the form works. If this needs to be checked for each record, use the form current event: If A = 1 Then Me.Button.Enabled = False ElseIf B = 2 Then Me.Button.Enabled = True End If But, what if A is not 1 and B is not 2? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "barrynichols@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a command button which I would like to disable based on the >...

how do i create a quiz using excel?
hey guys...i badly need to make a quiz using excel,,,i got no clue how to do it. the quiz will be a simple one, no drop downs and should display the scores after the quiz is taken.... please help! Andruu, What type of quiz are you looking to create? What format are the answers? Numbers? Text? One suggestion..... 1. Add questions *What is 2 x 2?* 2. Assign cells for the user to insert their answers. (format cells as text/numbers etc) *Cell: B2* 3. Either in hidden cells, or on a seperate sheet, put the correct answers 4. Assign a point value for each correct answer (can be different for ...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

displaying negative values
how do I hide the display of negative numbers? =if(A1<0,"",A1) HTH Regards from Brazil Marcelo "cfuller" escreveu: > how do I hide the display of negative numbers? Hi, That will work if cell A1 has a formula in it. If negative numbers are just typed in, you can use conditional formatting. Highlight the range of cells you want to format. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting... Enter cell value is less than 0. Click the Format... button and select Color: and then click the white icon. HTH -- Ken Hudson "Marcelo" wrote: > =if(A1<0,"&qu...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

Creating a Word document from an ASP.NET application
Hello, I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can be used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server without Office on it) to create a Word document based on a template (.dot) that is used only for the bookmarks properties (replaced momentarily with a personnal values). Best Regards, On Jun 21, 1:34=A0pm, "Bruno MAIGNAN" <bruno.maig...@ca-atlantica.fr> wrote: > Hello, > I just want to know if there is an existing DLL or Web Compasant that can= be > used from an ASP.NET application (located on a IIS server witho...

XY Chart
I have created a short VBA macro that reads x and y data from a spreadsheet, where every row represents a new series. Besides the x and y data colums, I also have columns that specify the size of the marker, the markerstyle, and the foreground and background colors. I have adapted some of John Walkenbach's code to label each of the datapoints using .name. The x axis is basically an integer 1 to 5 and the y axis is a value like price or variable margin. There usually are multiple datapoints on any given integer on the x axis. For example, I may be plotting the price that a custom...

Empty copy of database
G'Day All,I have a back-end database that contains both client data tables andsupporting tables with lists (e.g. Languages, Income Ranges etc) forcombos on the Forms. All relationships are defined, including twowith cascading deletes.I would like to take a "clean" copy of the database with client dataremoved and all autonumber key fields reset (to 1 for the first record).How may I achieve this?-- Regards,Pat GarardMelbourne, Australia_______________________ Create a new (blank) database.Import all tables: File | Get ExternalIn the Import dialog, click the More/Options button (...

Nesting? How do I create a table to reference?
Tried to nest more than 8 componets but it did not work. Any help on creating a table to reference it would be appreciated. Never done it before. Tried the Excel help, and it was worthless. Here is my original post that explains more: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=498860 -- mcr1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498905 ok you have a two column table.starting in the lh column you...

parameter values not valid #3
keep getting a window each time I try and save a new task (Outlook 2000) it says: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" I just set up Outllook, and can't figure out why it would do this. ...

Creating a menu for an MFC Application
Continuing my efforts to understand how to use Visual C++ (in Visual Studio 2008) to create a Windows application, I've come as far as creating a menu. I haven't been able to find a book that covers the current version of Visual C++, so am using an older book about Version 4 for general guidance. I've created a menu. At that stage, the book says to associate the menu with a class (using the Class Wizard). The method described doesn't apply to the new version of C++. So far, I haven't been able to find how to associate a menu with a class. Can anyone provide some help...

Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template
I am using excel 2003. Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - xlt. To create a document I just do new -> blank document. How can i fix this? thanks Tools>Options>Transition. Save Excel Files As. Change to MS Excel Workbook. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:54:26 -0600, "Greg" <greg@nospam.com> wrote: >I am using excel 2003. >Evey time I create a new document and save it, it defaults to template - >xlt. >To create a document I just do new -> blank document. > >How...

create automessages if user leaves the company
Hi I have the following problem. There is a user which temporary leaves the company and come back to an unspecified date. All mails which sent to this user are forwarded to an other user who take the taks in absence of him. In behalf of security the user is disabled, that means a rule or "out of office assistent" doesn't work to inform customers that this user come back on an unspecified date and the other take his tasks. Is there a possipility to configure an automatic out of office and keep the possipility to forward the mails to the other user in exchange 2k3 ? Thanks...

chart
Help... Is is possible to insert a header and/or footer into multiple charts(Excel 2000 or 2002)? I was hoping I could insert a common chart header/footer as is possible with worksheets. Any help appreciated. You could set up the headers and footers on one chart (File menu > Page Setup), then before doing anything else, select each subsequent chart in turn and press the F4 key, which repeats this action. You could also select a chart, then record a macro while setting up its headers and footers. Then edit the macro code to only do the headers and footers, and leave out all that...

How to determine the closed value?
There is a number 14 in cell A1, and there is a list of number under column B, for example, 8, 11, 16, 18, 21 I would like to determine the value within the list, which is closest to 14, and 16 should be returned in cell A2. 8, 12, 16, 18, 21 I would like to determine the value within the list, which is closest to 14, and because 14 is between 12 and 16, then I prefer the larger number, and 16 should be returned in cell A2. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it in Excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi Eric, this should do it: =INDEX($B$1:$B$5,L...

Charts #37
Hi All, Can you please advise if we can create one chart with multiple pivot table of the same data. Thanks Niranjan ...

Fixed straight line(s) on a chart
How can I draw a fixed straight line in an excel chart. A line on a level I can easily adjust changing the value in a spreadsheet cell, for example. Is it possible to fix even multiple lines (eg. as a fixed "bandwidth information" - data comparing to a bandwidth)? Thanks Lukas Hi See the following sites: http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lukas" <lukas.bieri@gmx.net> schrieb im Newsbeit...