How to create chart with TWO categories and one set of data?

One cata ategory is GROUP another category is DEPARTMENTS and the data looks
as under:

Dept	Group	                                           Salary
===         =====                                                ====
Finance	 Engineers 	                            25
Finance      Engineers                                             40
Finance	 Engineers	                                            60
HR	Welder	                                            18
HR	Welder	                                            15
HR            Engineers                                              30
HR            Engineers                                              35
HR            Engineers                                              40
partment

How can I create a CHART so that it shows the RANGE of salary per Department
 per Group?
In other words in department  Finance the Salary range of engineers is
between 25 and 60.

In department HR the salary range of Engineers is between 30 and 40

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
AlphaBravoCharlie <AlphaBravoCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>How can I create a CHART so that it shows the RANGE of salary per
>Department per Group? In other words in department Finance the Salary
>range of engineers is between 25 and 60. In department HR the salary
>range of Engineers is between 30 and 40

You need two Salary columns: the first is minimum salary. e.g. in
Finance the minimum salary for Engineers is 25; in HR the minimum salary
for Engineers is 30. The second salary column you need is the range.
e.g. in Finance the range for Engineers is 35; in HR the range for
Engineers is 10.
                           Min      Range
Finance     Engineers      25       35
HR          Welder         15       3
HR          Engineers      30       10

Now create a Stacked Column Chart that stacks the range on top of the
minimum, and format the minimum column so that it is invisible (no line
or area color)

--
Del Cotter
del1907 (586)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Del Cotter" <del@branta.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
> AlphaBravoCharlie <AlphaBravoCharlie@discussions.microsoft.com> said:
>>How can I create a CHART so that it shows the RANGE of salary per
>>Department per Group? In other words in department Finance the Salary
>>range of engineers is between 25 and 60. In department HR the salary
>>range of Engineers is between 30 and 40
>
> You need two Salary columns: the first is minimum salary. e.g. in
> Finance the minimum salary for Engineers is 25; in HR the minimum salary
> for Engineers is 30. The second salary column you need is the range.
> e.g. in Finance the range for Engineers is 35; in HR the range for
> Engineers is 10.
>                           Min      Range
> Finance     Engineers      25       35
> HR          Welder         15       3
> HR          Engineers      30       10
>
> Now create a Stacked Column Chart that stacks the range on top of the
> minimum, and format the minimum column so that it is invisible (no line
> or area color)
>
> --
> Del Cotter
> NB Personal replies to this post will send email to
> del@branta.demon.co.uk,
>   which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead.

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Setting row height for all rows
I got an excel file that has some row height more than 17px - most fo them (default I think) are 17 pixels. How do I set the row height for all rows to 17px ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=538377 Highlight all the rows (click on the box at the intersection of the row and column identifiers) then Format | Row | AutoFit (or you could select Height ...

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

setting up conditional text input
I wish to creat a senario that when certain names from a list are typed within a range of cells, that they appear in a given color Not enough information to make much of a guess, but see help on Conditional Formatting. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:44:01 -0800, guy325 <guy325@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I wish to creat a senario that when certain names from a list are typed >within a range of cells, that they appear in a given color Sorry, I'm a rookie. I have a roster of hockey players. 22 regulars and many subs when regs are...

Setting up Outlook for multiple users on the same computer.
Hi were using outlook on a pc running xp and two seperate users. One user can read email with no problem and the other can't log on to Outlook. Are there any settings that I may have missed? We always used Outlook Express and switched so this is kinda new to us and any help is appreciated, thanks. What happens when the second user tries to open Outlook? Is he opening it from a shortcut? Where is the shortcut? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

Question Variation: Shading a portion of the space between two lines
I posted a question on March 21 about how to shade a small portion of space between two lines and got an answer from Jon that helped immensely. I have a slight variation on that question. I've tried manipulating the data in several ways myself, and got close, but no cigar. Here is my revised question. I have another chart with two intersecting lines. I want to shade a small portion of the space before the intersection and another small portion of the space after the intersection. Specifically, there are 13 points on each line and I want to shade the space between points 1 and 5 and a...

Look up names/addresses for specific category
I want to mail to clients in a specific category - how do I pull up names/address for a specific category? sandy <sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to mail to clients in a specific category - how do I pull up > names/address for a specific category? In your Contacts, switch to the By Category view, select all the addresses from the desired category, right-click the selection and choose "New Message to Contact". -- Brian Tillman ...

Line Chart #13
Hi, The following is my data and I need to chart this. Is it possible to have a range in one cell? Thanks for your help in advance Experience (Years) Large Medium Small 1 $90,000-$100,000 $75,000-90,000 $65,000-78,000 2 $92,000-100,000 $80,000-95,000 $75,000-85,000 3 $105,000-130,000 $90,000-100,000 $85,000-95,000 4 $117,000-150,000 $100,000-115,000 $90,000-110,000 5 $140,000-170,000 $115,000-130,000 $100,000+ 6 $140,000-190,000 $135,000+ $100,000+ 7 $170,000-250,000 $135,000+ $110,000+ ...

Refresh pivot chart when info in a cell changes
To all, I am looking for help with a Macro. What I ultimately want to do is refresh a pivot chart when the user makes a selection from a list (in a data validation cell). For example, I am an end user that selects my territory from a "drop down". The pivot chart will update to the information that is directly related to my territory. Thanks in advance for your help. Excel 2007, PivotTable With Table dependent drop-downs instead of data validation drop-downs. With non-event-driven macros. http://www.mediafire.com/file/ygzjqyi2j1x/03_09_10.xlsm ...

Any suggestions on how to create a simple monogram?
I'm trying to create a simple monogram, and was hoping for some suggestions. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks. Probably WordArt if you are using Publisher. There are lots of alphabets on the ClipArt site. You can ungroup them and manipulate the letters into a monogram. What initials are you using? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmarnett" <cmarnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91315A55-2E5A-4151-8D3D-54F94785A3E4@...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

Creating a basic phone followup
I am very new to this CRM product. I have set up a letter campaign to a small group of potential customers and I'd like to create a phone call tracking list for my phone follow ups. What is the quickest/best way to achieve this? ...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

QUESTION- Simpler Way to Add a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

Compare two Sheets with Conditional Formatting #2
I'm going insane I'm trying to compare two sheets using Walkenbach's approach but for some reason when I use it...certain values don't show differences. Example: Sheet 1 (Range Name is Grid) has 18000 on Cell A1 Sheet 2 (Range Name is OldGrid) has 18000 on Cell A2 So if I change Cell A1 on Sheet 1 to 1 it should show me change but no...it just does nothing. However if I type 133...it shows change. Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=COUNTIF(OldGrid,A1)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40 Help really appreciate...

Combing Text with Ex. Field Name to Create A New Field Name....I Think?
Hello, I have a query that will return data from a table, and another query. Here is my question. This is an existing fuel database. It runs on a keylock system so there are keys numbered A1 to C10. The table returns a sum of fuel based on a key (for example A1). I have a set of fields from another existing query labelled DIFFA1, DIFFA2, etc. What I would like to do is return the value for "DIFFA1" when I am returning the information from Key A1. I would like to set up an expression something to the effect of: Expr1: "DIFF" & [Key] I did this and it returns the ...

Excel 2007 chart color change based on the label.
I have 12 charts 1 for each person and the data changes every week and some of the values have 0 so are filtered out. On the chart I want 0-15 to be blue, 16-30 to be light purple, 31-60 to be a cream color, 61-90 to be light blue, and 90+ to be dark purple. With the code below I can change the color if I take the if statement out but I would like to change the color based on the label. I have tried several things like .text, .name, and .label. I just can't fine the right name. Name1 0-15 1 61-90 1 90+ 3 Name 2 0-15 14 16-30 5 31-60 1 61-90 6 90+ 12 For i = 1 To A...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

Boxplot and Whisker Chart
Hello, I use the chart wizard\custom chart\Line on 2 axes to draw boxplot and whisker chart with percentage on the left y axes and quality on the right y axes but it doesn't show right like the others chart. Anyone know how to draw the Line on 2 axes or Line-column on 2 axes for Boxplot and Whisker Chart? Thanks, ...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...