How to create chart basic

How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be
location and Y axis are lot name

Lot	value	location
A	3	1
A	4	2
A	5	3
B	6	1
B	4	2
B	2	3
C	5	1
C	6	2
C	8	3
D	4	1
D	9	2
D	5	3

0
Daniel1 (174)

Daniel,
 Highlight the whole chart of data.
 Select the Chart Wizard on the top of Excel screen.
Select the scatter plot.
Data should be "rows" not "columns".
Select the "Series" tab.
"Name:" ="A"
"X Values:" =Sheet1!$B$2:$B$4
"Y Values:" =Sheet1!$C$2:$C$4

This assumes that your data is in column A thru C, Lot in A1, value in B1,
Location in C1.
A's,B's, C's and D's in column A2 thru A13, so on and so forth.

This will plot the data points, one color for A, another for B.......

Good luck,hth
:-)

"Daniel" wrote:

> How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be
> location and Y axis are lot name
>
> Lot	value	location
> A	3	1
> A	4	2
> A	5	3
> B	6	1
> B	4	2
> B	2	3
> C	5	1
> C	6	2
> C	8	3
> D	4	1
> D	9	2
> D	5	3

0
FloMM2 (102)
6/29/2007 9:48:02 AM
It makes no sense to use Lot as Y values. Looks like Location makes a good X
value, value a good Y value, and Lot makes a good series name. At least it
makes sense given the small description you've provided.

First set up the data properly. Put X in the first column, and each series'
Y into subsequent columns, like this:

    A   B   C   D
1   3   6   5   4
2   4   4   6   9
3   5   2   8   5

The top left cell of this table is blank. Select the table, including the
Lot names and location numbers, and create an XY chart or a line chart.
Format as desired.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How to create a scatter chart with spread sheet below. The x axis may be
> location and Y axis are lot name
>
> Lot value location
> A 3 1
> A 4 2
> A 5 3
> B 6 1
> B 4 2
> B 2 3
> C 5 1
> C 6 2
> C 8 3
> D 4 1
> D 9 2
> D 5 3

0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)

Can't dynamicly create a VB control that uses Infragistics controls
Hi, I've created a VB6 control that uses the Infragistics NumEdit and ComboBox. I dynamically create the control on a MFC C++ Window. This works fine on my dev machine, but not on any other machine. All controls are registered on the other machines. I also created a VB6 app that uses my VB control on a form. Package it up and install it on the same machines and it works fine, yet my app still can't create the same control dynamically. If I take the Infragistics controls off my control, and I can create My control. What can I do to create the control dynamically? I think the Infragi...

can you set custom colours to be used in excel charts
I would like to produce charts/graphs in excel using our custom corporate colours for which a have the various values. Is this possible to set up? And if so how? Thanks Select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Color tab, then select the various colors in the palette and edit them as appropriate. The bottom two rows correspond to chart fills and chart lines, which Excel uses from left to right. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "katet" <katet@discussions.microso...

New users don't get email box when created in Active Directory
When I create a new user on my Windows 2000 server, in Active Directory, I automacticly get the option to create a mailbox for this new user in the Exchange 2003 server. I make sure the option is checked, but when I finish the process of making the new user, the new user doesn't get a mailbox. I'm able to go into the "E-mail Addresses" tab inside the properties box for the new user, and add a New SMTP address for that user. Then I have to go into ADSI Edit to change the "msExchaUserAccountControl" value to 0. ( I did this because I got errors 1022 and 9562 in...

Dynamic pie chart coloring
Hello, I have a 2 cells which displays percent values ( for example 85% , 15%). I want to display just one value in pie chart. I create a pie chart based on these 2 values and hide one slice. I want to change the visible slice color according to condition but keep the hidden slice unvisible. How can I do it ? Thank you for your help Daid David, I take it that your original question regarding hiding the 15% was answered, although I saw no response from you. You do not state what the condition for colour might be, if it is a cell content then, without resorting to VB Code you can se...

Copy/Paste charts , ranges in PowerPoint
Hi everyone, I'm trying to write some code to copy either a chart or a range from Excel and paste it in PowerPoint , but I want to keep the file path for future updates( after I insert a chart or a range then I can just select the shape in PP and run the update code to fine the source file and update the chart or range for me( if I know the path I can easily keep it in a tag attached to the shape in PP) . BTW I don't want to use links because they are slow and create a lot of problem for very large files. My question is what is the best way of doing this in Excel ? I mea...

how to setup only one chart and change data from a drop down
Hi, How can I make use of only one chart on a sheet that can be changed dynamicaly by using a drop down to display a new chart. Example data is as follows: Time period is months from July to june Benchmark Threshold Actual monthly value. jul aug sep oct nov dec jan feb mar apr may jun Benchmark 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 Threshold 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 actual1 18 23 14 15 Benchmark 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 100 Threshold 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 78 actual2 67 87 88 78 Benchmark 0.012 0.012 0.012 0.012 0.012 0.012 0.012 0.012...

Asigning colour to charts
Hello, I wish to stipulate the colours for a section of a pie chart in th data. i.e Apples 400 GREEN (so the section of the pie will be gree automatically) Can this be done. Any method welcome Thank -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26234 If you have set the chart to use Automatic colors, Excel applies colors in a fixed sequence. To override that, you have to change it m...

not showing zeros on chart
here is the scenario x-axis months 1-12 corresponding to jan-dec y-axis dollars how do you prohibit the series from taking a dive to zero for the months that have no value assigned yet thanks for all replies activate chart tools options chart <plot empty cells as> choose your requirement. <GeneralNuisance@Rme.net> wrote in message news:ch5gt1lncdgp3gpsnse6brrbegemaiorn2@4ax.com... > > here is the scenario > > x-axis months 1-12 corresponding to jan-dec > y-axis dollars > > how do you prohibit the series from taking a dive to zero for the > mont...

How do I move a chart using a macro?
Hi, all, I have a nice little macro that creates two charts on several worksheets in a workbook. My problem is that it places one chart right on top of the other. I just need to offset it enough to see both charts, or at least to remind myself that there are two of them there. I tried variations of the "Activechart.parent . . . ." commands I found elsewhere on the site, but I always get the debug screen when I get there. I'm using OFFICE 2007 and Vista. Thank you Jim -- JP Cummings Assuming you know what cell you want as the top left cell positio...

excel 2000 wont let me create chart
is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? It wont let me select the chart icon. THANKS TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT THIS ONE - THE WORKBOOK WAS SHARED! NOW IT IS NOT AND I HAVE MY CHART!! DUH "tjr" wrote: > is there something that I could have done to shut off the charts? > It wont let me select the chart icon. ...

Line disappears from combination chart
created bar and line chart - after they are in place, I add a secondary axis which makes the line disappear (however, the series is still included in the range)? Thanks Hi Shevvie, I'm not sure what is going on but try this - instead of creating the chart and then adding a secondary axis, select your data and click the chart wizard, choose the Custom Types tab and then Line - Column on 2 Axes. Complete the chart. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Shevvie" wrote: > created bar and line chart - after they are in place, I add a secondary axis > which makes the line...

Creating a regular expression
I have been trying to create a Quote # based on 3 boxes on a form for a while now and havent been able to make it work. This is mostly because I do not have a foundation or understand some of the fundamentals of VBA. Fields associated with the problem: [QuoteID] - PK on the table [QuoteNumber] - field that stores the quote number, is required, [Date] - field that is set as Date() [PKSalesID]- is the a FK on the table and is displayed as [SalesID] from another table These fields are all on the same form. When I press a button called create a cmdCreateQuote it should Populate the field...

COP AUTO-CREATE RETURN
When we use create return through extras and open Invoice Document Lookup no invoices are listed. In our other company the feature works fine. I logged in as sa and that did not help. This is a newer company, is there a setup procedure that needs to be completed? -- Thanks for your help Jayne The only way I could replicate that behavior was by not selecting a customer first from the Create Returns window. -- Charles Allen, MVP "shoedog" wrote: > When we use create return through extras and open Invoice Document Lookup no > invoices are listed. In our other co...

Help in Creating Relationships in a table
Hi This is a follow to a previous question concerning relationships in a table. These are my tables I have in my database. Students StudentsID LastName FirstName HomeroomTeacher (ohter info relating to the student) Cases CaseNo_ID <PK> StudentID <FK> Categories CategoryID <PK> Category (e.g. School, Community, Individual, Peers, Family) Issues IssuesID <PK> Issues (text, e.g. lack of role models) CategoryID <FK> StudentIssues CaseNoID <link to Cases Table> IssuesID <Link to issues Table> ...

Chart select!
Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that would simply select every chart on the page, and NOT pictures. Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, Does this line do what you want? Activesheet.chartobjects.select cdegar01 < wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that would simply select every > chart on the page, and NOT pictures. Thanks! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > -- Cheers Andy ------ Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Excel Chart Links into PPT
Why or how do we do links of excel files (charts)in to ppt? You can do it in Word, but I don't see the option in PPT. Correct - Mac PPt does not [still] support linking to external files of *any* type:-( -- Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <Blackluca@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:ee8c2df.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... > Why or how do we do links of excel files (charts)in to ppt? You can do it > in Word, but I don't see the option in PPT. Thank you very much for your response. Not the one I wanted though, but thanks! > This message is in MIME...

Creating hyperlinks
I have created a sort of Table of Contents of project names held within row 3 of a worksheet. This I achieved by modifying an entry on www.contextures.com (FN0006 - Extract List of Unique Items -- Use formulas to extract unique items from a list. Based on an example from Paul Cumbers), outputting the result using =IF(MAX(NameCount)<ROW(1:1),"",HLOOKUP(ROW(1:1),NameList,2)) .. .. .. =IF(MAX(NameCount)<ROW(22:22),"",HLOOKUP(ROW(22:22),NameList,2)) NameCount is defined as "=OFFSET(Demand!$Q$2,0,0,1,239)" NameList is defined as "=OFFSET(Demand!$Q$2,0,0,2,...

Creating a Custom Toolbar/Menu unique to a Workbood
I have been trying for about a week to create a toolbar for use by a particular workbook and that workbook alone. Creating the toolbar was no problem and I named it 'Budget Toolbar.' It contains a very limited set of the 'normal' Excel objects such as File Save As and a few others plus commands to run macros which exist in the parent workbook,Budget.wk.. If I open Budget.wk. the toolbar appears right where I put it. The trouble is that if I open another workbook, the Budget Toolbar appears in that workbook also and I have to View/Toolbars and uncheck Budget Toolbar to mak...

Bar chart help wanted
Hello to everybody ! I have this kind of data: TIME VALUE 0:00:00 0 0:00:34 1 0:00:35 1 0:01:00 0 0:01:30 0 0:01:33 1 0:01:55 1 0:01:59 0 0:02:00 0 0:02:10 1 0:02:15 1 0:03:00 0 0:03:05 0 0:03:07 1 0:03:55 1 0:08:00 0 and I need to create bar chart that would have a bar of the hight equal to 1 at each time value where the "value" in table (Y-axis) equals one (and also between "one"s values). In all other time values the Y value is zero ! Excel bar chart seems to omit all values that are not in the dataset ! I need to include also those time values that are not expli...

can I create a group calendar-show all team members in one calend
Is there a way to create a group calendar that will show all team members for a day/week/month/ and that everyone can access? It seems crazy to have to enter my schedule on multiple calendars for multiple purposes/teams Version of Outlook? Are you using Exchange server? File, open other users calendar is the usual method. In 2003 and 2007, you can view everyone's calendar at once. Another solution is group schedule- its on the actions menu when viewing the calendar. Each team member will need to make their own groups though. It's generally easier than showing mul...

How do i get my data to be on the x axis of a chart?
Holly - Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab. Select a series, then use the X Values (or Categories, depending on chart type) edit box to select your range of X values. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ hollybusch5 wrote: ...

stock charts
How do I graph multiple stocks over different dates on one sheet? Mitch - Stock charts use the High-Low lines to show, well, the high and low prices of a stock. You can only have one set of high-low lines per axis group, which means at most two official stock chart series per chart (primary and secondary axes). But you can get the high-low lines all on the primary axis using custom error bars instead. Set up your data columns like this: Date A-Close B-Close C-Close A-UP A-Down B-UP B-Down C-UP C-Down Use formulas to calculate the Ups and Downs: A-UP equals A-High minus A-Close A...

Gantt chart labels missing
Please forgive me, I hardly ever use excel charts. I wanted to make a gantt chart with time, so I download the gantt template on http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm Then I used this article to change it to hours, and amazingly for a Microsoft article it was really helpful http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213915 However I now have a lovely Gantt chart in hours, but every other title on the left (the tasks) is missing. I have tried making the font smaller and the chart bigger but that has not helped. I have searched in google groups, but not seen anything similar. I would be ...

How do I get a chart to only display the dates in my table?
I am trying to graph a large group of data. It is a series of dates (not all consecutive) - with the time it takes to do a task on each of the dates. When I graph it - it fills in all the "missing" dates. For instance lets say a set of data would be: Date: 12-1-08 12-5-08 12-6-08 12-6-08 12-12-08 Time: .5 .34 .93 1.2 .25 On my graph it would put a date for every date between 12-1 and 12-12 even if there is no data. Is there any way to have Excel graph only the dates that have data? Change the axis from t...

Visio 2003 Org Chart Wizard Macro
Hi, If someone could do me a favour it would be much appreciated. In Visio 2003 i believe you can record macro actions, using the record, stop method in Visio itself. Please could someone record the process of going through the org chart wizard, linking through to an Access database, and then either post the code here or send to me. Many thanks, Scott ...