how to create a stacked bar chart

Defect Code	Part No.	Defect Qty

206	                  A	        2
221	                  B	        1
221	                  C	        1
221	                  D	        1

I want to dreate a stacked bar graph to show that defct code had 3 defects
total with part number B, C, D all contributing to the total, defect code 206
had a total of 2 wiht part number contributing 2.

You need to rearrange your data like so:
          206    221
A        2    ......
B        ....     1
C        ....     1
D        ....     1

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Domingo" <Domingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Defect Code Part No. Defect Qty
>
> 206                   A         2
> 221                   B         1
> 221                   C         1
> 221                   D         1
>

> I want to dreate a stacked bar graph to show that defct code had 3 defects
> total with part number B, C, D all contributing to the total, defect code
> 206
> had a total of 2 wiht part number contributing 2.

0
Luke

Advice required
I need to create some graphs from data that is derived from a long series of separate calculations on my source data. For aesthetic reasons, I would like to hide all the "interim" calculations on the spreadsheet, but I've noticed that as soon as I hide the interim data (i.e set the row height to zero), the detail on the graphs disappears. I presume that this is a design feature feature of Excel (I supoose I can just about accept the rationale for it), but does anyone know whether there's a way around this? Many thanks. CRS. Use white fonts -- Regards, Peo Sjobl...

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

Reverse chart column and row order
I'm running Office 2007 and all my charts are showing up in reverse order: I want a bar graph that looks like this: Series 1 -------------------------------->Column 1 Series 1 ------------------------->Column 2 Series 1 ------------------------------------->Column 3 Series 2 -------------------------------------->Column 1 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 What I'm getting is: Series 2-------------------------->Column 3 Series 2------------------>Column 2 Series 2---------------------->Column 1 D3M ----------...

Create More than 1 Return for Same Invoice !!!
Hello In version 10.0. The RMA can create more than 1 return for same sales invoice! Is there any possibility to disable this properties? I need to prohibit anyone to create more than 1 return for same invoice. Any suggest ? no, that cannot be disabled. Too many firms have more than one return per invoice and it is not an option -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hello > In version 10.0. > The R...

Text box disappears on chart
I added a text box to a chart and when I click off of it, the text box disappears (goes behind the chart). I have tried Bring to Front and Bring Forward, and it may or may not stay visible and print. I have clicked on the frame of the text box (it changes pattern) and tried Bring to Front - same problem. Any ideas? Carole O The text box is on the worksheet, not the chart. To fix the problem, Select the text box, and choose Edit>Cut Select the chart (you'll see handles on its corners and sides) Choose Edit>Paste, to paste the text box onto the chart. Click away from the char...

How do you create a list with name address phone in a column form.
I have an excel file with last name, first address city state in each column. I want to prepare a two column report with each persons name first then address then phone. Can't remember how to print out a different view of excel. Making it look more like a two column word document. Maybe you can use MSWord's MailMerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. denise108 wrote: > > I have an excel file with last name, first address city state ...

Language Bar
I used to be able to select from several languages (English, French, German,) for keyboard input with a little En, Fr, De icon selectable in my lower taskbar. That seems to have gone away, following our extensive effort in modifying services. I did all switching by double- clicking on the icon, to get the various language abbreviations to appear as a menu. I tried Start>>Control Panel>>Regional and Languages but that sets hot key selection and I like the taskbar. "Help" doesn't seem to lead me there either...... Did you click the language bar button in r...

Chart numbers from multiple sheets
Is Excel 2002 capable of creating a chart based on numbers from multiple sheets in a workbook? Addressed in your other thread. Regards, Leni -- LeninVM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LeninVMS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31954 ...

Bubble Charts Colours go wrong
Hi, I have some bubble charts which are maintained by a VB script i wrote. The script sets up a data series based on a table with custom labels, sizes and colours for each bubble. I've now come across a problem that despite my macro setting the colour of the bubbles correctly and even the sample colour box in >format data series> patterns showing the colour i want, the bubble does not. please help! Darren. You don't show the code. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions - http://PeltierTech.com/ 2006 E...

Can I create a bar graph with both stacked and normal bars?
Hi I'm trying to create a bar chart for my company for turnover against targets. For the targets we want fixed bars, however on the turnover we wanted the same bars made up different colours, so the colours highlight where the turnover came from (therefore stacked). Can I have some bars fixed and some stacked on a chart please? On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, g <g@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I'm trying to create a bar chart for my company for turnover against >targets. For the targets we want fixed bars, however on the turnover we >want...

How to chart monthly sales for successive years
I want to show monthly figures with a line chart, with the second year coming after the first, the third year after the second, etc. I don't want the years to bunch up, ie 3 years-worth of bars for Jan, Feb, etc. I want Jan-Dec 2006, then Jan-Dec 2007, and so forth. Thanks for your help! Create a table with the dates across the top e.g. Jan-07, Feb-07, etc, then have the monthly sales figures below the dates. Select the dates and the sales numbers and click on insert chart. You can see an example of this at www.tejniya.co.uk, click on documents and goto Excel. MVK "wolf...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

New created storage group wasn't displayed
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I created a new storage group and then I tried to add a user's mailbox to the new group, but there is only First Storage Group in the Mailbox Store box. The new created storage group didn't show up. Please advice. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Lisa how long ago? did you create a mailbox store in the new SG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE4B6E9F-AFEB-4F19-B7B0-2FA0EBF3B4B4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003...

Creating new table columns and maintaining joins in another query
Hi, I have a table with alot of account information. However, to report on certain accounts, I have to manipulate a few of the column data and create a new column with the correct information. Once I have this new column, I do another query and get the information that I need out of that new column. The problem is when I'm querying from that new column, I'm join'ing that information to another column of information and it works the way I want it to work. But when I get more data, I have to run the original script that manipulates the data and creates a new column, agai...

Unevenly spaced x axis on chart
Hi Trying to make a chart where the x axis is number-of-days from a start-date, and y axis is a value measured on the particular date. For example, the columns may be: Date Days from Start Measurement 02/12/09 1 120 06/12/09 5 134 09/12/09 8 118 18/12/09 17 109 etc. I want a line chart showing the measurement vs days which I can do - BUT... I would like the x axis (days from start) to be spaced according to the number of days, which as you can see from the above are not evenly spaced. In other words, if there have been several days between measurements, I...

Removing gris effect in a chart
Hello all! I created a contour chart in Excel 2007. But there is a grid effect on the chart. Is it possible to remove it, and how? Thanks a lot! Hi, Select the legend and then select a legend entry. CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. The dialog should show Format Band in its title. Select Border colour and set it to No Line. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Olivier" <Olivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8942BA16-4F43-4983-8057-0FECA1FC1711@microsoft.com... > Hello all! > > I created a contour ch...

created chart will not display
I tried to create a 3D pie chart within a spreadsheet. After highlighting the data that I wanted in the chart , the only thing that shows up is the chart title. The pie chart itself is no where to be found. Please advise Thanks,Belinda That probably means that Excel thinks your data are not numeric. If the values you are plotting are in, say, B2:B5, in some empty column, say C, starting with C2, enter =ISNUMBER(B2) and copy down to C3:C5. What do you get? -- Tushar Mehta http://www.tushar-mehta.com Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach In Excel 2007 d...

Create Data Entry "Wizard"
Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a data entry "wizard" for a database. Basic premise - a company has clients that they need to be able to track various aspects of information about. All information might not be available at the time of entry. I'd like to have an AddClient form (data entry mode) with buttons for Add Address (ClientAddress form), Add Phones (ClientPhones form), and Add Emails (ClientEmails form). How can I pass the ClientID value created on the AddClient form to the ClientAddress (and other) forms? Thanks in Advance! On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:31:03 -...

Charts for Social Work
Need help in creating 2 charts. Not sure if it�s possible in Excel. Hopefully I�ll give enough details. Chart #1 Y-axis: Range is 35 to 5, where the 35 is a minimum value at the botto of the chart. X-axis: There are actually three categories, but it is not a Bar Chart per se. Category Names(should appear at the top of the chart, not as an axi label): Baseline, Intervention, and Follow-up (The X-axis should hav gaps, so each category is separated; there actually should be no axi label) The Y-axis represents a score between 5 and 35. The score for th Baseline is 22 and is supposed to be re...

Excel should allow chart axes to be set from sheet data.
I often chart account balances where I have x axis of dates and y axis of monetary amounts. It would be helpful if there was a facility to allow the x axis minimum and maximum to be set to some value as calculated from the data itself (or even calculated using a formula). I like to keep a "rolling" picture of the last three months (so, today()-90 to today()) and the next three months (today() to today() + 90) (on two separate charts). I have to manually update the x axis's minimum and maximum each day. you can set up formulas in cells to calculated your desired max/mins a...

Cannot change criteria on copied chart without changing original c
I have a chart that I created from a pivot table. Instead of creating 40 plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change the location for each chart. When I change the facility location for one chart it changes all others. How can I get around this? Steve You'll need to make independent pivot tables for each chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services 774-275-0064 208-485-0691 fax jon@peltiertech.com http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FF39D...

scroll bar missing in charts
I don't know how I managed to do it, but I have locked my charts into being viewed as "fit to window." I have no scroll bars. I checked to make sure the Tools/Options/View horizonal and vertical scrollbars were checked, and Tools/Options/Chart, and unchecked "chart sizes with window frame." Nothing happened, and when I reopened the Tools/Options/Chart, the box was re- checked! I can't uncheck "fit to window" in the view mode, and I can't click on zoom. Please HELP!!! You haven't by any chance just hit View / FullScreen have you, in whi...

Create an auto chart using macro
Hi all, I would like automatically generate a Gantt style graph though use of a Macro and a little button. I have the following data Task description Start date End date % completed % remaining. Does anyone have some code that I can just use? Haha, I think it's going to be a little more complex then you think it's going to be. Start here: http://www.vertex42.com/ExcelTemplates/excel-gantt-chart.html You should probably get acquainted with that. There's a video there too. May be a good learning experience, but I think you already know a bit about G...

Problem with PSTs created in Outlook 2000 when copied into Outlook 2002 SP2
Hi, I am facing a problem. There is a problem thats occuring with the PST which was created in Outlook 2000 when it is being configured for the profile copied into Outlook 2002 SP2. The default folders, Inbox/Outbox/Journal/Calendar are shown as junk. Could anyone has any clue as to what can be done? Thanks in advance. Param. How are you "configuring" the file? Have you checked it for errors? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Param" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d40401c453b2$cd6eeee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am fac...

combining stacked with side-by-side bar
I need a graph which has a combination of horizontal bars (could do vertical as well, though doubt it matters for whether this can be done), where for each series, one of the bars is a stacked, two data point bar, and the one NEXT to it is a single data point. In other words, I have the following data: Type 1 Type 2 Type 3 EuropeA EuropeB US A US B There are more types, but this is the example. I need Type 1 to be 2 bars, one with a stack of Europe A and B, and next to it, a stack of US A and B. Then I need Type 2 as the next category to show two similar side-...