How to create a hyperlink to a graph sheet

My xls file contains a "menu" sheet with hyperlinks to shees in the workbook.
Some sheets are graphs sheets.
I couldnt set an hyperlink for the graph sheet.
Can it be done without a macro?
0
Ruti (1)

Workaround:Place the chart on an otherwise empty worksheet and link to this.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Ruti" <Ruti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My xls file contains a "menu" sheet with hyperlinks to shees in the
> workbook.
> Some sheets are graphs sheets.
> I couldnt set an hyperlink for the graph sheet.
> Can it be done without a macro?

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Question about easy qualitative graph
Here's what we want to graph. Categories are snowfall, snowpack, temperature, and precipitation. We want these to be on the y axis. Values are above, normal, below. We want these to be on the x axis with them going from left to right (below, normal, above) with space to the left of "below". Snowfall=above, snowpack=above, temperature=below, precipitation=normal. This sounds very easy, but not sure how to plot this without using numbers, which we aren't using. Thanks for your time, S On Mar 22, 10:19=A0pm, shadrack <shadke...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Here's what ...

Items collection restrict on created
Hi all, Is it possible to do a restrict on outlook calendar items according to the items [created] date/time? Regards, Asaf Yes, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/finddate.htm . The field you want is CreationTime. Please do not cross-post. A post to one developer group should suffice. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "asaf lahav" <alahav@mecury.co.il> wrote in message news:uhvBnx%23OEHA.2876@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > ...

create a drop down list with the source from a different workbook
Hi, I tried to create a drop down list (Data > Validation > List) with the source from a different work book (If you type the list in a different workbook, define a name with an external reference to the list.). I followed the instructions given in the Microsoft Online Assistant. Iam not able to create the same as iam a getting a message stating that "You may not use references to other worksheets or workbooks for Data validation criteria." Try Debra Dalgleish's web site on this subject: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Scroll down to "D", and see ...

range of data from different sheets
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different sheets. I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph. Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way to have a range of data spread over various sheets? I hope that makes sense! For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on multiple sheets. So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x- values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a...

lost graph after convert PDF
I have used Words 2007 to convert to PDF for years and have not problem at all. However, in the last few days, all the graphs in the document are lost after convert into PDF. not knowing why. anyone can help? greatly appreciated. sand Hi, Is your graph connected to a spreadsheet in excel? Make sure that your graph is using values from your Word Document(it may fix the problem). On the other hand, you can try copying and pasting the image onto paint and export it to word as an image(this will be a temporary easy fix but it will do the job if you are on a deadline). Hop...

how to stop rules created by the asence assistent
HI NG, we use Exchange 2000 SP3. I allowed the users to send absence notices during their hildays, but disallowed forwarding rules. Although i ysecured the systenm by this way, the users find a possibility to forward emails through the absence assistent. I don=B4t want to forbid this, but is there a way to stop these rules at a central point of administration? Or do I need to disallow absence notices? Birte ...

Changing bar graph colours according to value
Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change according to value? Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy nikki8327 wrote: > Is there any way to have the colours of the bars in a bar graph change > according to value? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Protect sheet #3
I am working on an Excel document witch is a big database. I would like to set a password with the "protect sheet" option in the Tools/Protection menu. "Normal" users who will open the database won't be able to edit the document, but will rather open it in "read only" mode. The problem is that I still want these users to be able to use the "auto filter" and also use the "sort A-Z" option. I have tried to select these options in the configuration of the protection (protect sheet window) but it doesn't work. I can't do any of those tw...

How do I change the $ currency symbol in a balance sheet template
Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' option is not open to me. The sheet must be protected. You will have to unprotect the sheet first from the Tools>Protection>unprotect sheet. If it asks for a password, then probably you are not meant to fiddle around with the format of the template! "Dave" wrote: > Can someone please help me remove the $ symbol from a template. > > I've set thre area settings but the 'format' and then 'Cells' opt...

What date was a batch created
I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch. I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system. Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers because it is not monitored officially. Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You will need to create a report based on this table. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Ma...

How to Remove a Button on sheet
Gidday, I do not like to use buttons on worksheets because I was fooling around and suddenly I have a button on the sheet that cannot be right clicked or deleted. Should I change something in the properties window before I close it? I am using Excel 2000 but also found this problem with Excel 97. Regards Mark PS This is why I only use Userforms or toolbar buttons to initiate macros. You need to get into design mode to edit controls in worksheets. If yo bring up the "control toolbox" toolbar and click the design mod button. This should then enable you to delect the button D...

Creating a parent/child relationship for vendors
Hello, Has anyone ever done a parent/child relationship for vendors in great plains? We have a structure that has multiple subcontractors working for the same vendor and since the number of contractors per vendor is a one to one relationship, we were thinking of creating a parent vendor and have the vendors associated with the contractors be the children. This way when we write up an invoice for the parent vendor, we can include all the child vendors information as well. I'm new to the world of Great Plains. If this is an absurd question, please excuse... Thanks, Med Look at the p...

I cannot access newly created users
Hi folks... I have using exchange server. i can add users in Active directory successfully. But I cannot logon through IE or Outllok.. That is from today onwards i can create users but When I configuring in Outlook or when i tried to login through IE I get the following error message. "Sorry. User id and password could not be verified. Please re-enter your user id and password. more details... javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password." This means the My Exchange did not recognize the newly created user name. But while I ...

create an internal forum
I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange 2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips that can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot figure this out. thanks in advance How fancy do you want to make it? You could just use a public folder and train users to sort messages by 'conversation'. Or you could create the public folder and build a web app with .net, or use sharepoint portal. "jason" wrote: > I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange &g...

Does anyone know of a template for bid estimate excel sheets? Is.
Check Microsoft Office Web Site or search google for "Bid Estimate" "Excel Template" "Lenora" <Lenora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00E08EC7-D926-49A2-9362-D59FC9088F88@microsoft.com... : ...

Is Hyperlinking available in Pub. 2002 or 2003
In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm writing a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or 2003 address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher newsletter mode? Thank you. John Schulte No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to click on a link that's on a piece of paper.) If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are probably creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat Standard. That's what I use for my onli...

creating minimal DTD
Hi, is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared tag or text? With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the root (for example "myRoot") and the declaration of entities (for example &egrave; &agrave; and similar) only. I've tried using the keyword ANY but it didn't work (ANY require the declaration of the used tag) Any idea? Thanks in advance. Fede Hello! > is it possible to create a minimal DTD that can contain any not declared tag > or text? > With "minimal" I mean with the declaration of the ro...

Spread sheet to a Gif.
How do you convert an xls spread sheet to a gif. I want to put it in a word document and use arrows in work to point to the areas of the pic to talk about for instructions. IE explanations When I copy and paste, the image is too large. Thanks. You can use a screen capture program to create a graphic file. I use SnagIt (you can download an evaluation copy here): http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp and have used ScreenSeize, which you can download here: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,26282,00.asp anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you ...

3 dimensional graph???
Please expand this before you read it... I tried to graph this senario...I can't seem to find a way Note: below is a represenation of my graph...(Z) is my problem... C B C B B B A B AB AB ---------------------------------- X Y Z X= Year 2001 (History) Y= Year 2002 (History) Z= Year 2003 (Partial History with forecasts) A=SHIPPING units B=SALES units C=FORECAST units append on top of (B) HELP!!!! ...

Updating a graph based on the spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet with columns of data by week and I have several graphs that are being used as control charts to graph the data each week. Is there away to use references to set up the graphs so that I do not have to go into each graph each week and update the row by one to have the newest data. I know I could start with a graph with 52 data weeks on it but my manager does not like to see the "wasted" area to the left of the graphs. Hi see: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Michelle" <anonymous@di...

edit a comment while protect sheet is on the cell is unprotected
i want other useres to b able to enter /edit a comment in an unprotected cell when protect sheet is on When protecting the sheet enable "Edit Objects" in the allow users to list. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:20:02 -0800, Rubber 4 u <Rubber4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i want other useres to b able to enter /edit a comment in an unprotected cell >when protect sheet is on ...

Pivot Tables and Graphs (charts)
Background: I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the respective data of the months. Question: How can the chart be updated automatically (this should include the latest monthly data) whenever the PT is updated (refreshed)? Thanks in advance. learnlearn52 wrote: > Background: > > I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the > data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the > respective data of the months....

want to create a template and update in seperate worksheet
want to create a template and every new entry in that template should be updated in worksheet. ...

Additional file with no extension created during File Save As proc
Good morning all! I originally posted this query on the Developer board, as I thought it was a problem with my code, but now I'm not so sure. I have a workbook with a macro that runs a Save As within a loop, to create test data files. I was finding that for every new file I created, and additional file with a filename comprisiong eight alphanumeric characters and no file extenson was created in the same folder. Thinking that the workbook might be corrupted, I created a new workbook (with NO copying/pasting from the original - everything types in from scratch) , created new code m...

when writing out a file from .net, when is the file created? after the bytes are all written to the hard drive or before the bytes are written to the hard drive?