How to combine Clustered Column and Stacked Column charts in excel

For my project, I have Detail design, Development and Unit Testing phases.
For a total of 10 different tasks, I want to compare the Planned against
Actual dates of each phase. Basically want to combine Clustered Column and
Stacked Column charts. How can I do this in MS Excel? Your help/suggestions
are greatly appreciated.
0
Rayapudi (1)

Pie chart in columnar report
I’ve created a columnar report – one record per page. It shows the values in the various columns of my table, which is linked from Excel. Columns R and S each contain a percentage; the two values for each record add up to 100%. I've added a pie chart to the report, but how do I get the chart on each record page to show the R and S values for that record adding up to 100%? (Access 2003) Many thanks for any suggestions. Dave9023 The chart control has Link Master/Child properties that filter the chart to a value or values in the report's record source. The chart contro...

To restart from 1 primary key auto incriment column MSAccess 20
Hi all, How I can initialise primary key auto incriment number in MSAccess 2007. I want to restart from 1 . Please advice me "pol" <pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1A97EBB-0E08-483C-A378-EC7A2CACFE89@microsoft.com... > How I can initialise primary key auto incriment number in MSAccess 2007. > I want to restart from 1. Steps: 1. Delete any existing records in the table. 2. Compact the database. (Office button | Manage.) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com...

Excel printing query
How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, And *check* "Row & Column Headings". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:808D8884-3E22-4018-90EC-932C90EC8570@microsoft.com... > How do you print an excel worksheet with row numbers? File | ...

OleDbConnection to Excel FileStream
I want to open an OleDbConnection to an Excel file that's in memory as a FileStream. Everything I'm seeing on the NET says that I have to supply the physical location of the file on disk in the Connection String. I don't want to have to save the file to disk to query it. Is there a way around this? ...

how to sumif in excel with a not equal criteria
Hi I'm trying to use the sumif function but I want to sum everything in a range that is not equal to one criteria eg apples 10 orange 10 pear 10 .. sum everything that is not equal to apple should return 20. Thank you =SUMIF(A:A,"<>apples",B:B) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9592A741-CA39-4795-B3FB-D104EA9A79A6@microsoft.com... > Hi I'm trying to use the sumif function but I want to sum everything in a > range that is not equal to one criteria eg apples 10 orange 10 pear 10 .. > sum...

2007 excel autofilter change back to 2003 autofilter?
Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter worked? I see you have a response to one of your other posts -- in a different forum. jonnybrovo815 wrote: > > Is it possible to change the 2007 autofilter back to like the 2003 autofilter > worked? -- Dave Peterson ...

Formula to sum in columns that change weekly
I enter a column of data weekly into a spread sheet and then total each row for the last 4,8& 12 weeks. As the column numbers to be added change weekly I have to change the formula weekly. Is there a way to do this automatically? Assuming no blanks, this will total the last 4, 8 and 12 weeks in row 2: =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-4,1,4) =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-8,1,8) =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,0,COUNTA($2:$2)-12,1,12) In article <lf%Lb.3326$Z%4.1704@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, "Robert L. Salisbury" <rlsalisbury@c-air-s.com> wrote: > I e...

Excel loading slow
I have Office X on a Powerbook G3. Some time ago, Excel started taking=20 forever to load and twice as long to quit. I'm talking 4 minutes just = for the=20 program to open. I think it may have gotten messed up on a defrag. How can I correct = this? =20 How can I uninstall all of Office and start again? You should find troubleshooting suggestions somewhere on this page: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/index.html#macxl There are lots of things to try short of a remove and reinstall. On 9/18/04 9:26 PM, "Scott Wieteska" wrote: > I have Office X on a Powerbook G3. Some ...

toggling a chart on and off
Hello! I use Excel 2000. I have a macro that creates a chart. I assigned this macro to a autoshape. When I am done looking at the chart I have to delete it Isn't there a way to make things in such a way that I could just toggl the chart to appear and dissapear? For example with an additional macr or toggle button or something... This is how the macro looks like: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 25.2.2004 by Registered User ' ' Range("B3:J3,B5:J5").Select Range("B5").Activate Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered Acti...

Access/Excel/Word Challenge
Hi, I'm trying to decide the best approach to this problem and would appreciate any help: 1. I have a template for a report in Word that refers to fields in an Excel worksheet. 2. The Excel worksheet, however, is not set up to easily use in the Word template. Instead of one person with many fields (columns) I have the same name multiple times, with one column listing multiple pieces of information for each person, for example: First Last Cars Devices Jane Doe Altima Laptop Jane Doe Lexus Desktop J...

Excel 2000
I am pretty much a newbie at Excel (don't use it as much as I would lke to be able to). Is there a way to start up a macro when a particular spreadsheet is opened ... I don't want this macro to start on all opened spread sheets. I know I do I can do that, but can't find out anywhere so far that tells me I can start up a macro when I open a particular spreadsheet. Any help with this would be much appreciated. Abay You can put your code behind the ThisWorkbook module and name it workbook_open(). Or you can put your code behind a general module and call it Auto_Open(). ...

Is there an Excel format foro time to hundreths of a second
I am trying to record times for swimming in the format of minute, seconds, hundreths of a second mm:ss.hhh -- is there a format for this available? I also need to do functions - add, subtract, max, min, etc. Is there an easy way to do this without writing macros? Give the cell a custom format: Format|cells|Number format|custom category mm:ss.000 or [mm]:ss.000 if you need to sum them. But enter your values as real times (include the hour, minute, second, and hundredths. 00:12:05.001 (for 12 minutes, 5 seconds plus a little bit.) teetime wrote: > > I am trying to record times ...

Column Heading Query
I am using Outlook 2003. I have created an extra folder to move sent items into. There is no 'To' column displayed. I have been able to create a 'To' column. But, the 'To' address of each entry is not displayed in this column. How do I achieve this objective? TIA "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h9bkks$kfh$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... >I am using Outlook 2003. > I have created an extra folder to move sent items into. > There is no 'To' column displayed. > I have been able to create a 'To' column. > But,...

Vertical ND Curve on Combination Chart
I would like to plot a normal distribution curve horizontally (on the Y axis) in a chart with vertical data histogram plots (up and down) and horizontal line plots (+/- 1 SD) – all currently using the Y axis. I have the histogram/SD portion built. Is there a way to use a secondary axis on the left side of the chart for the nd curve, yet have the nd curve appear on the right side of the chart? Actually, it may not make a difference just which axis, Y or secondary, the plots are attached to so long as the plots can be placed on the chart in an orderly fashion to display three issues: h...

2-Column Layout with auto text flow?
I would like to have a worksheet that has a 2-column "newspaper" format, where text flows off the bottom of the first column to the top of the second column. Is this possible using Excel2000? As a very last resort, I'll use a macro to split the text and put it into different cells. But this is messy and not very accurate. My wish is to somehow link cells together and have the text flow between them, or use a control which will do this. Thanks! -- Matt Kruse http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com why dont you use Word? "Matt Kruse" <newsgroups@mattkruse.com> wr...

can comments move themselves when you hide columns?
Comments in an Excel sheet seem to absolutely positioned, so that when I hide some of the columns in my sheet, the comments stays where it was, way off to the right of the columns that are still visible. Is there anything I can do about this? Best, Jamie I've never seen a way to keep them where they belong. But Debra Dalgleish posted some code to move them back when they get too rambunctious. http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3EB3A86D.2060007%40contextures.com Jamie Martin wrote: > > Comments in an Excel sheet seem to absolutely positioned, so that when I > hide some o...

Excel Import goes thru without any data
Experts, I have been importing excel data to Project for years and never seen this problem. Today I was helping one of our users to import a list of assignments from Excel to a project schedule. We opened the excel file and went through the import wizard until we got to Finish. it went through but no data came in. I tried the same excel and same project files on my computer and everything worked fine. I did see that he did not have the "allow files with legacy format to open", but when I checked it didnt help either. what ami missing Hadi Hadi, What did you ...

Excel Document Headers and Footers in 'Send To'
When sending a worksheet to an email recipient, is it possible to include the header and footer in the body of the message as well? Thanks! ...

Modifiable propagation time of Excel's functions? #2
Hello, Does Excel, by any chances, allow for determining the propagation time of its functions? I am doing a project in which I need the logical operators to return their values after a certain predetermined period of time (e.g. the AND operator to return the value it computes after e.g. 1 second). Thank you very much for your time. Student P.S. If the answer is in the negative, what is the way to achieve it indirectly? ...

Column labels show digits instead of letter
Can anyone pls tell me why ? And how to fix this. Thanks Jenni Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 reference style' >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone pls tell me why ? >And how to fix this. > >Thanks >Jenni > > >. > ...

Is there a function in excel where you can the beginning of the mo
I am trying to look for a function that would will display the first of the month if the cell I am referencing is a date in that month. For instance: I have a date that says 12/16/09 I want the function/formula to return 12/1/09. Is this possible? I cant seem to find it anywhere. This will return the 1st of the month for the date entered in cell A1: =A1-DAY(A1)+1 -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E4C8E96-319A-4872-8927-4B7179BA0030@microsoft.com... >I am trying to look for a fun...

Excel formula help needed!
Hello everyone, I would like to create a formula that would calculate a different levy charge dependent on the amount. The example is below and any help would be really appreciated. In circumstances where amounts owed do not exceed £100 or $100 12.5% charge will apply, 4% on the next £400 or $400, 2.5% on the next £1500 or $1500, 1% on the next £8000 or $8000 and 0.25% on any additional sum. In short different %'s will apply at different levels depending on monies mowed. I'm sure that there will be use of If/And but I'm not sure on the st...

Hyperlink to named ranges and sheets in Excel not working in 2007
I code hyperlinks to named ranges and worksheets all the time in 2003, but since we've moved to 2007, they do not seem to work. The spreadsheet opens, but does not open on the desired worksheet. No reference error seems to be called (even if I deliberately miscode the sub-address). Anyone know what is up? Example: //Network Path/Folder/Spreadsheet.xls#NamedRange -- Thanks, Andy ...

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

another: CAPS, can you preset a column (States?)
can you preset a column to display it's contents in all caps? More specifically, I have a column where users enter in state abbreivations (i.e., GA or TX); does anyone have a useful, easy way to do this? Thank-you!!! Jacob, One possible way would be to add the desired results to the Auto Correct feature under the Tools menu. Charlie O'Neill "jacob farino" <jfarino@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:0wYFc.7757$yy1.2545@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > can you preset a column to display it's contents in all caps? More > specifically, I have a colu...