How to Combine a Floating Column Chart with Line?

My data looks like this:
Date	B	C	D	E
06/12/06	108.95	107.64	#N/A	#N/A
06/13/06	108.38	106.67	108.61	109.29
06/14/06	108.05	108.02	108.04	108.72
06/15/06	110.15	110.04	107.71	108.39
06/16/06	110.23	109.83	109.81	110.49
06/19/06	110.29	109.02	109.89	110.57

I'm attempting to create a floating column chart using column D and E, where
the first occurrence (6/13) ought to float a column from a low of 108.61 to a
high of 109.29.  A stacked column, with the D column removed results in a
floating column from 108 to 217.  How do you produce a floating column from
108.61 to 109.29 for the 6/13 occurrence?

Then, I'd like to add a line, using column B, to the floating chart.
0
silver23 (9)

Produce a new column containing the difference between D and E.  Then, create
a stacked column chart using Date, column D and the new (Difference) column.
Remove the border and fill for the D series, leaving only the difference
series illustrated on the chart as floating columns.  Change date, along the
x-axis, to a category; otherwise, gaps are present for weekend days.  Adding
B as a third (line) series involves specifying the source data which renders
another stacked column, selecting the added B column series and, using chart
type, re-typing B as a line chart.

"silver23" wrote:

> My data looks like this:
> Date	B	C	D	E
> 06/12/06	108.95	107.64	#N/A	#N/A
> 06/13/06	108.38	106.67	108.61	109.29
> 06/14/06	108.05	108.02	108.04	108.72
> 06/15/06	110.15	110.04	107.71	108.39
> 06/16/06	110.23	109.83	109.81	110.49
> 06/19/06	110.29	109.02	109.89	110.57
>
> I'm attempting to create a floating column chart using column D and E, where
> the first occurrence (6/13) ought to float a column from a low of 108.61 to a
> high of 109.29.  A stacked column, with the D column removed results in a
> floating column from 108 to 217.  How do you produce a floating column from
> 108.61 to 109.29 for the 6/13 occurrence?
>
> Then, I'd like to add a line, using column B, to the floating chart.
0
silver23 (9)

VB- If first cell with formula is blank, all cells in column returns blank.
Hi all, I am using ADO to connect to an excel sheet and display the data in vb form. In excel there is a column named "TAT" which has a formula t add two othe cell values to it. If any of the two cells is blank the the TAT col remains blank. If the very first cell in the TAT column has some value then VB showa all cell values in that column. But if the first cell is empty then al cells in tat column are shown blank, even if there are values in othe cells. What's the solution for this? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Of course you can try with some...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Chart to show response to a question. One of answer 15 choices.
I know this will be simple but I can't figure it out. On a number of given dates I ask how happy people are and get a number of responses between 1 and 15. I then need to plot the number of occurences of those individual respones i.e. two people were 2, three people were 7 etc. I guess it might be a simple X/Y but I just cannot fathom it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Nick. Hi, You need to create a summary table of possible responses and tally. Assuming responses are in A1:A15 in B1:B5 are the value 1 to 5, which are the available responses. ...

Adding a Benchmark line in an Excel chart
I have created a great looking Excel chart. I now need to add a benchmark line to show what parts of my column bars are below or above the benchmarked data. Is there an easy way to do this and show the number on the line what the benchmark actually is? I have just been manually drawing a line with the line tool then using a text box to write in the number. I would love to be able to tell Excel what the benchmark is and have it draw it on the graph. Hi, Enter your benchmark figure in a cell. This will be your y value. Add a suitable x value in the cell to the left of your y value. Plot t...

Very strange problem when inserting a picture in a 3D Chart
When trying to format the salls or the data series of a 3D Chart with a picture fill, a copy of the Worksheet the data is being taken from appears behind the picture. This is the staangest thing I have ever seen. This does hnt ha[pen when the chart is not a 3D chart. This did not happen before. We are Using Windows XP & Excel 2003. I could not find anything in the knowledgebase or support center. Has anyone else ever seen anything like this? Suggestions? ...

Text to columns #7
I have a worksheet that has the data in rows but I need them in columns. Is there a way that I can get the data to columns? ( example Rows 1,2,3 need to be Row 1 columns A, B C - Rows 4,5,6 need to be Row 2 columns A,B, C etc) hi, If i understand you correctly, i think you want to use the paste special - transposed. On the toolbar go Edit>PasteSpecial. in the dialog box(near the bottom on mine), check Transposed. This will paste data in rows into columns. Good luck FSt1 "jcross" wrote: > I have a worksheet that has the data in rows but I need them in columns. Is...

How do I get charts to ignore results of a formula if it equals 0
Hi, Use NA() instead of zero. Depending on your chart type the point will not be plotted. Cheers Andy ChrisRox wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Multiple Pie Chart
How do you create a multiple pie chart? e.g. if you have 3 groups A, B and C, each which 3 different category X, Y and Z. Is it possible to put it all into one chart? I have done it but it has to be done individually and it takes time. There's no chart type that combines multiple independent pies in the same chart. Your approach (three sepaarate charts) is how I would do it. Unless you want to try one of the approaches in this article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 These look great, combining the data into a single apparent chart, but they act...

lost the from column for incoming emails
my incoming emails lost the column from, I don't know who sending me emails right click on the title bar where you would like to see the title FROM. At the bottom of the drop down list should be "customize current view". Click on it and go to Fields. Add it. "manny perez" wrote: > my incoming emails lost the column from, I don't know who sending me emails > ...

concatenate cells from a column and paste to a cell
I'm trying to write a macro that will loop through a column and copy the data to a single concatenated string which will be pasted to another cell. The macro should step through the column of data until it reaches the end of the data set or an empty cell. I could name a range if needed. Any help getting me started???? The concatenate( ) function won't work with ranges..., so I assume I'll have to write a macro to loop. This will do it, but you may not be happy with the results since the resulting text string may be longer than Excel allows. This code runs from the cel...

REPLICATES ON CHART
i"m following an experiment and have several measurements each day under the same conditions> i want to chart all the data (scatter) with a line which shows mw the range or deviation of each day"s data group for each day> i know is a silly question but i cannot find the way could somebody help me with that-- Thanks Alejandro Do you mean you collect a number of reading each day, and you want to chart the average of these plotted against the date together with error bars showing either the min & max or the standard deviation (which) ? Can we assume the dates are in colu...

Resizing elements of Excel charts
Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Oh - I just realized it is because I am working with a PivotChart. I can avoid that, but for the future is there any way to resize elements of PivotCharts, or is what you see what you get? "Artifactual" wrote: > Any ideas why Excel won't let me resize my plot area or legend, etc.? I can > get the double arrow handles to show up, but they won't work. Pivot charts do not have the same flexibility as normal charts. The...

bar chart on 2 axis
I am trying to create a bar chart. I have 9 series for which each have 2 sets of data value. I want to create a bar chart where each series is represented by 1 bar, with the chart having one set of values along the x axis and one along the y axis. I am having great difficulty with this. Can you help at all? Full instructions are found at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Hannah" <Hannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED02B24D-AEA9-40E0-8D8C-4199...

2007 Charts not retaining formatting
We have a spreadsheet that we have put together with a number of calculations and charts. Several scheets have two charts on it with the data and some comments. The system keeps changing some of the chart formatting such as label sizes, color or even the size of the whole chart. This can happen when we get ready to print several sheets or even save the file exit Excel and reopen the file. It seems to have a lot of loose ends with things just happening to the formats in the file. This was a new spreadsheet created as a 2007 Macro Spreadsheet. (We had to use a custom function since ...

Hiding column/row labels --without hiding entire columns/rows
Hello, I have seen worksheets that somehow hide all the default worksheet column and row labels (A, B, C, ...; 1, 2, 3, ...). The result can look stunning. But, I don't know how it is done. I have scaned through the worksheet properties, comparing it to normal worksheets which do display the column/row headers, but I can find nothing. Any hints on how to show/hide the default labels for a worksheet? Thanks. <Tools> <Options> <View> tab, And *Uncheck* all the things you wish to not display (hide). -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep ...

Two-column lookup help!
Greetings, I am having difficulty looking up an item using two-column lookup formulas as suggested. Following are the parameters of my situation 2 Different Workbooks Workbook 1 (Reference Workbook) Column b c d 125 Lay Foundation March 9, 2004 125 Purchase Frame mat. March 27, 2004 125 House complete May 15, 2004 267 Lay Foundation June 5, 2004 267 Purchase Frame mat. June 28, 2004 267 House complete August 29, 2004 Workbook...

Can't Copy and Link Chart into new workbook
I've be trying to copy and paste (and link) a chart into a new workbook. I've tried: Paste Paste Special (paste link) Paste Picture The copy function seems to work. But after I close, reopen, and link to other workbook, I recieve the following error message: The instruction at "0x302b62c3" referenced memory at "0x01d00221". The memory cound not be "read". If I don't link to the new workbook it opens fine, but without updated data. ...

Lookup last in column formulas
Hello Excel users and experts, Is there any significant difference in these formulas that return the last value in the column. =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999+307,A:A) =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) =LOOKUP(9.999+307,A:A) =LOOKUP(9.999E+307,A:A) Why use fourteen 9's past the decimal point, either with or without the E when three 9's with or without the E works just as well? Thanks Howard Hi! Good question. Here's a bone of contention I have when I see these types of formulas. Say for example that you know for certain that the absolute largest number that could possibly ...

column alignment
How do I decimal align a column of numbers, them indent the numbers so they line up with the column heading text, which is center justified? Hi AFAIK this kind of format is not supported by Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ChSp" <ChSp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:EB57AC71-2485-4835-B240-3150EA9A0DD3@microsoft.com... > How do I decimal align a column of numbers, them indent the numbers so they > line up with the column heading text, which is center justified? You could try to give them a format like: #,###.????? You'll...

locking data/cells so re-sorting a column doesn't re-position my d
I need to re-sort a column, but I want all the row's data associated with that row to stay with the SORT results. -- mtn_leisure mtn_leisure Wrote: > I need to re-sort a column, but I want all the row's data associated > with > that row to stay with the SORT results. > -- > mtn_leisure Try selecting the data in the other columns aswell and then sort the data should then stay together Paul -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Concatenate info from columns into one row.
Hie, can anyone help with the following: COL A COL B COL C COL D Unit 1 Unit 1 3B Unit 1: 3B, 5LH, 6RH Unit 2 Unit 1 5LH Unit 2: 4B, 6LH, 7RH Unit 3 Unit 1 6RH Unit 3: 5B, 4LH, 9RH Unit 4 Unit 2 4B Unit 4 Unit 2 6LH Unit 2 7RH Unit 3 5B Unit 3 4LH Unit 3 9RH Unit 4 What i've got are 4 unique units, each of which have a handing assigned to them. I need to concat...

Customer Combiner Error
I am receiving the following error when trying to use Customer Combiner in the Professional Services Tool Kit. Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'AGPERAMT_1', table 'CFSTS.dbo.PA00521', column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails. I have checked via sql and my specific customer does not exist in this table PA00521 although all other customer do exist here. any ideas? Sounds like the combiner is using the data in that table from the source customer and finding it null. Age the account. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for So...

How do I create a combination bar and XY chart?
I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an operating range with the bar, and then highlight some key operating points within that range with the dots. Jon Peltier has instructions for a Bar-Scatter graph here: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html Engineer_SM wrote: > I'm using Excel 2002 and would like to create a horizontal bar chart with > some dots (or other symbols) overlayed on top. The idea is to show an > operating range with the bar, and ...

How do you combine subform data with mainform data?
Hello, I have simple project tracking database. The mainform is used to enter data about each project for four company divisions. The subform is tracks tasks for every project. However, each project may not have tasks. How can I create a report which shows data for ALL projects including tasks by division? When I combine these two, only those projects with tasks are included (I assume because a record was created for the task). My report keeps excluding projects with no tasks. Main table is linked to related table (one-to-many) via ProjectID: Main: ProjectID - primary key ProjectName...

I want to make the line twinkling, but why the line can not redraw?
void CMyView::OnButtonL() { CClientDC* pDC = NULL;; pDC = new CClientDC(this); ASSERT(pDC != NULL); CPen Pen1(PS_SOLID, 10, RGB(192, 192, 192)/*GetSysColor(COLOR_BTNTEXT)*/); CPen* pPenOld = pDC->SelectObject(&Pen1); pDC->MoveTo(100, 50); pDC->LineTo(200, 50); pDC->SelectObject(pPenOld); delete pDC; if(m_bTimerOkey == false) { SetTimer(IDT_TIMER_LINE, 5000, NULL); m_bTimerOkey = true; } } void CMyView::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if(nIDEvent == IDT_TIMER_LINE) { RECT LineRect = {100-5, 50-5, 200+5, 50+5}; //InvalidateRect(&LineRect); OnButtonL(); }...