How to change labels on a chart from numbers to words?

Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the labels on my
chart in excel from numbers to words!

I'm not sure which labels you want to change to words, but maybe Jon
Peltier's charting tutorial will help you:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/19/2004 2:49:09 AM
I suspect it's this page:

   http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

> I'm not sure which labels you want to change to words, but maybe Jon
> Peltier's charting tutorial will help you:
>
>   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html
>
> Arin wrote:
>
>> Can Someone Please help me? I can't figure out how to change the
>> labels on my chart in excel from numbers to words!

Removing specific data from a bar chart
Hi Group, Hope someone can help me here. Here is my set up. In d3:e3 I have merged cells called North, f3:g3 South, h3:i3 East, j3:k3 West. In d4 I have a date 01/02/2005 and in e4 I have a date 01/03/2005. This date sequence is the same for South, East & West. In C4 I have a header called Sales. In cells C5:C34 I have names of Reps. In D5:k34 I have data containing sales made by Reps. To note: Reps sell goods in 1 area only but sometimes Reps will sell goods in 2 or 3 areas. I can produce a graph by area but Excel lists all reps for all areas. I would like Excel to detect an...

How to write a Word plug-ins to Save .doc as a TIFF format file?
How to write a Word plug-ins to Save .doc as a TIFF format file? Thanks for your ideas. ...

How to change the default datetime format for Windows Server 2003
As per the topic, I need to know how to change the default or the master datetime format for Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My problem is as such. One of my applications is working under the IIS, and thus getting the date and time from it. The IIS is running under local system and does not change the date time when I change if for the logged in user. Not even when I'm logged in as local administrator. My program take in dd/MM/yyyy but however it seems like the server is always default to M/d/yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy. So, how can i change the default setting so that it...

Pivot Chart Trouble
I've been having trouble with what should be a pretty simple thing. I have a regular line chart with two data series, that I'd like to replicate as a Pivot Chart to make it easier to update. (http:// ceneketcham.googlepages.com/oldchart.jpg) I have a Pivot Table that has the information organized in a way that makes sense (http://ceneketcham.googlepages.com/pivtable.jpg), but when I create the chart, I only see one data series that looks horrible (http://ceneketcham.googlepages.com/pivchart.jpg). I've been messing around with this for a few hours now, and this is as close as I c...

Web Service changes return type
I've a web service which has been running for some time. The web service retrieves order batches from a database so has quite a deep class structure. The class structure is based on an xsd which generates teh c# classes which get filled by the database which then get pushed down the wire by the web server. Standard stuff. The problem is that the web service client sometimes decides to change the type that is returned. So the Order is of type (go on, guess - yes) 'Order' and it sits in an OrderBatchType. The Web service is specced to return an Order object. However, the ...

Logarithmic Scale
My chart has y-axis values on a scale from 10 to 100 in increments of 10 per each tic. When I set the scale to logarithmic, the only two tic values left appearing on the axis are 10 and 100. How do I get the values 10, 20, 30, ...., 100 all to appear on the axis? On a log scale, the powers of ten are the major ticks, and the in between ticks are the minor ticks. Only major ticks have labels. You could use a dummy series to add tick labels, using the following example. You don't need to use crosses on the dummy points, use the minor ticks instead. Use the values as labels (20, 30,...

Track Changes
We have 2003 and our client uses 2007. We received a document from our client and did a redline. When we e-mailed the document back to our client they didn't see the redline. How can we resolve? If you did Track Changes on the document and didn't Accept/Reject them, then they must still be in the document, and your client may have disabled the feature that ensures that changes are made visible whenever they open a document containing changes. Your client must choose "Final Showing Markup" from the dropdown on the Review tab. (Apparently it now shows Final.) ...

Change links on moving to CD or another computer
I have a large number of Excel files with links to some common data files all held in teh same directory. How do I copy these to a CD in a way that changes the directory references to reflect the new directory they are in - either on the CD or when copied to another computer. Thank you Rich80105 ...

Numbered business cards
I'm using Pub's biz-card format to create "punch-cards." Can Publisher insert sequential numbers on each business card on the sheet? (instead of printing each card on the sheet identically?) HELP PLeasE! Stumped <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I'm using Pub's biz-card format to create "punch-cards." Can > Publisher insert sequential numbers on each business card on the > sheet? (instead of printing each card on the sheet identically?) Yes, just use Mail Merge. (There is a tutorial detailing exa...

Excel
Okay... I'm using Word 2000 and Excel 97. I created a catalogue of my products in Excel which updates automatically depending on pricing. I want a print catalogue in Word, so I listed all the products and did a PASTE SPECIAL, and chose the LINK option for each corresponding field in Excel. NOW... I insert a new row in Excel and it throws off all the numbers in Word. How can I have the data fields in Word automatically move with the Excel data??? Or did I do all this work for naught! ANY help is appreciate. FRUSTRATED -- Z_Webnut --------------------------------------------------...

change page size
trying to learn how publisher works ... I have the business hours sign. It prints on 8 x 11 paper. I want to change to 13 inch wide paper ( epson r1900 printer ) and have the sign scale up to fill the increased page size. Can I do that with publisher? Are you changing the paper height as well? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Steve Richter" <SteveRichter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F58D17AB-4B6D-45B7-9DE1-035C27C8014B@microsoft.com... > trying to le...

Time Scales on Horizontal Axis
I am trying to create a Chart with the Vertical Axis being Calls Received Horizontal - Months. I am unable to see the Month Names across the Horizontal Axis as I use to in Excel 2003. How do you adjust the Time Scale Min & Max to reflect 1/1/2008 and 12/31/2008 so that they show on the Horiz. Axis? Thanks -- Susie If you get an answer,can you let me know please? I am absolutely stuck on trying to create weekly dates on the X axis. Why is somthing so simple so difficult in Excel 2007? tim k -- dartmoor@msn.com and/or branddevelopment@btinternet.com "SusieQ" wrote:...

Spontaneous Text Replication in Word & Entourage
Initially, it was only in Word. Arbitrary portions of text spontaneously replicate throughout my documents as I work on them. My documents balloon to their twice length because of this unwanted replication of words, sentences, and paragraphs. It doesn't necessarily replicate while I'm at the computer either. Sometimes I return to the computer and discover that text had replicated in my brief absence. But now it's spread to Entourage. I've trashed the Microsoft folder in my Preferences folder with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this bug? Any suggestions for a fix? I...

How to align charts on a page?
I have Office 2007. In Excel, I want to put 6 simple column-charts on a page. All charts are the same size, and to fit text in between I need to move the charts. How can I automatically align the charts on the page? Excel Help sugggests "snap to grid" which I tried , but the settings are too large and I can't find SmartArtTools to change them. Thanks, Larry Hi, You could try the following. Page Layout > Arrange > Selection Pane. In the list of Shapes on this sheet select the charts, hold the CTRL key to allow multiple selects. Then Drawing Tools > Format >...

.docx Not Associated With Word 2007
I recently had a staff member claim they were having issue downloading any ..docx file sent as an attachment. I went over to take look at the PC (XP Pro, SP3) in question and sure enough the file looked like an HTML file (with the small blue e). I right clicked and chose properties and instead of reading as a type of file Microsoft Office Word Document it read as eventinf.planner. It was not set to open with Word. I clicked change and tried to to change it, no luck. I went to My Computer - Tools - Folder Options - File Types, it was listed but grayed out. I finally ran the...

Select an embedded Chart within a Protected Sheet
Hola, I have an embedded chart within a protected worksheet. I want the user to be able to point and select a specific value within the chart but need to prevent her to "accidentaly" delete the entire chart. If I protect the chart, then it becomes read-only and the user cannot "see" the values on the chart. If I unprotect the chart, then the user can "see" the values but then she can accidentaly delete the chart. Any ideas to accomplish these? Regards, OMER Unfortunately in Excel 2007, which I assume you are talking about, chart tooltips are not ...

How do I change from address?
When I send a message from my home email account Outlook shows the message being from "Jack and Debbie Wachtler". Since I am looking for a job and emailing resumes to some people, I want to change the from address to read just my name rather than me and my spouse. How do I do that? Assuming it's in internet vs. corporate mode, you can change the account properties. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q195578 especially the part about modifying the account information will be useful. This is for OL2000, but the concept is the same for all of them. A...

changing Business Unit of the User
whilst changing user's Business Unit from existing Business Unit to Other Business Unit, I am getting "Timeout expired" error Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 9/7/2005 Time: 1:06:27 PM User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXXXXXx Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Timeout expired Error Message: Timeout expired Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available L...

M08: How to change account type to a 401K account
I have two retirement 401K accounts and I noticed that only one retirement (401K) account shows up in the Investment->401K Manager. How do I assign or change the type of the account to a 401K type account to showup in the 401K Manager. (I use Money 2008) Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, RK wrote: >I have two retirement 401K accounts and I noticed that only one retirement >(401K) account shows up in the Investment->401K Manager. How do I assign or >change the type of the account to a 401K type account to showup in the 401K >Manager. (I use Money ...

Formatting (General to Number)
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the number formatting from General to Number in one shot? I have an entire column that is in general formatting, and I need to use a COUNTIF with a Greater Than function. Since its in General formatting it does not work. If I change all the cells formatting to NUMBER it still doesn't work. The only way it works is if I change the formatting to NUMBER and reinput the numbers. I have tons of worksheets with thousands of rows, there has to be an easier way. Thanks for any help you can provide. Tom tomr98@hotmail.com ps. I need to maintain the num...

Max number in a given range
In col E I have numbers from row 1 to row 22 How do I find out the MAX(the highest) number between row 1 and 10 or row 12 and 22 Thanks Forgive me, but have you looked in the help index for MAX -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1105F6F4-D0A5-4B05-B870-EB30202B5968@microsoft.com... > In col E I have numbers from row 1 to row 22 > How do I find out the MAX(the highest) number between row 1 and 10 or row > 12 > and 22 > Thanks > MAX(the highest) num...

register number question
Hello, I have a till set as register 50. The user has made a sale and it appears on store ops but it has not filtered through to head quarters. Does the register number have an effect on this? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FD_01C7CA35.35875ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable RR, Try running a z-out on that register. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3...

Can Excel recognize a word for a number?
I am trying to import some information from an imported source into Excel. But the information is in text and I would like to make some charts. Is there a way to change the text to a word value? I haven't actually tried it myself, but someone at work said to multiply the number that's showing up as text by 1 and results will be a number. Good luck Dolphin wrote: > I am trying to import some information from an imported source into Excel. > But the information is in text and I would like to make some charts. Is > there a way to change the text to a word value? ...

Excel forgets window location but Word remembers
I upgraded to Office X and I'm finding out what's different compared to Office 98. I use 2 monitors on a Powermac G4. I have always used the second monitor (smaller and off to my side) for my timesheet (in Excel) so I could log my hours as I worked. It had been my established work habit to have my timesheet in the Mac Startup Folder, and when I turned on my Mac at the beginning of the day, my timesheet would open automatically on the second monitor. But, to get it to open on the second monitor, I had to be sure to save it from it's position on the second monitor In Office X, how...

How do I prevent Outlook from changing the default E-mail program?
I use Outlook primarily for the Calendar application. My default E-mail application is Outlook Express. Yet every time that I run Outlook to look at my calendar, it resets *itself* as the default E-mail program! I do not want it to do that, but I can't find a way to stop it. I've used Internet Options to set Outlook Express as my default E-mail; and I have Outlook Express constantly checking, as well. But Outlook keeps changing it anyway. How do I stop it from doing that?!?!? ------------------------------------ Frank D. Nicodem, Jr. Mail@FrankNicodem.com In the Outl...