How to change a bar to line in a combo chart?

I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control
which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart.  In
PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in
Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line.
Any suggestions?
0
kimd (6)

In the chart, select the series you want changed.  Then, select Chart |
Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype.

When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to
that one series.

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <27609609-A2D7-4A18-A533-6DA7A63235DB@microsoft.com>,
KimD@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control
> which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart.  In
> PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in
> Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line.
> Any suggestions?

Thanks!  I thought I had done this initially, but must not have.  I was
changing the entire chart type

"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

> In the chart, select the series you want changed.  Then, select Chart |
> Chart Type... and pick the desired type+subtype.
>
> When a single series is selected the chart type choice applies only to
> that one series.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials
> Custom MS Office productivity solutions
>
> In article <27609609-A2D7-4A18-A533-6DA7A63235DB@microsoft.com>,
> KimD@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> > I am currently using Excel & PPt 2000 and cannot figure out how to control
> > which rows of data are displayed as a bar or line in a combunation chart.  In
> > PPt it combo bar/line chart defaults to the last row only as a line and in
> > Excel it seems to have half as a bar/ half as a line.
> > Any suggestions?

0
kimd (6)

"Calculation" in status bar
I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the status bar stays on. I do not have "manual calculation" turned on. How can I fix? Not sure if this is the issue... XL: Calculate Message Remains in Status Bar If 65,536 Formula References http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243495&Product=xlw HTH -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "rich" <rmeyer@glenoaksescrow.com> wrote in message news:2da801c4ad68$639ec4d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have one woorkbook that the "Calculation" lite in the > status bar ...

Conditional charts
Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart with 15 vertical bars and I want to change the color of one or more of the bars if its value goes above 100% (but not all of the bars). JWeinberg Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Jeff wrote: > Is there a way to change the color of a chart bar based on the value of the > cell that generates that particular bar? In other words, I have a chart > wi...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

Changing which database Business Portal points to
If I install Business Portal 2.5 (GP) and point it to our Great Plains development server with an old Dynamics database, once we decide to take it live, how do I go back and point it to the live Great Plains server? Is this something that can only be done during the installation? Let me preface my response by saying I only have experience with BP 3.0.... In BP 3.0 several tables are created in the Dynamics database to support the various BP functions. Unless you plan to move or copy those tables you will probably have to reinstall BP 2.5 in order to have them created. Our attempt to cop...

Changing Titles by a formula
From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to another sheet. I only need to change the office and date per each title. Is thier a way to do that making the office and date a formula in another cell? example of title ABC Comp, Office 38L Sales as of 6/07/2004 I need to only keep changeing the 38L and date. Any suggestions----Thanks Say Office # is in Column 'C' in cell A1: ="ABC Comp, Office "&C1&" Sales as of "&Today() ----- Heather wrote: ----- From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to ...

Auto expanding X Axis for Chart
I have a chart setup, currently with reference to 31 cells width. The chart looks great if the user places a value in each of the 31 cells, however if there are only say 20 values placed across the cell row, the chart is displayed over to one side, with nil values displayed where no dat values were entered. Is there a way to have the chart automatically vary the width depending on the amount of values entered across the refernced row of cells? If there was only 20 values entered, then the chart would show 1-20 charted and leave out the 21-31. Corey.... EXCEL 2007...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

Change Row/Column Height & Width
I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work. Why is that that - do I need to adjust a setting? And is there any way to set it so that if text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe text fit appropriately? Set the row format to Autofit and cells to Wrap Text Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:14:04 -0700, DaveL <DaveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I should be ...

Changing Functional Currency #4
Try to change the functional currency to Z-CNY. ERROR = Activity for this currency already exist. Finance made 2 GL transactions. Can we remove the transactions (Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History) or (File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data ) then change the functional currency? Which tables should I remove history or clear data. Can someone on the board help us? regards, Once you process a transaction, you are stuck with the functional currency. I have not seen a table fix for this problem on the board. Consider creating a new database an...

Publishing Microsoft Excel Charts to the Web
I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site for viewing in a web browser. When I do so, the charts are too large to fit on one screen without scrolling. Is there a way to make the charts fit the size of the user's browser window when you publish them? Jim - Embed the charts in a worksheet (right click, Location, As Object In: Sheet Name), and size them to fit before exporting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Jim wrote: > I routinely publish Excel charts to a web site f...

How do I show a data table with legend keys in a line chart?
I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone help me? Hi, I tried it in both 2007 and 2003 and had no problems. We need more infomation, can you post a sample of the chart somewhere. The only issue I have is that the target line is displayed on the data table, which I would prefer that it not be. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "excelbanker" wrote: > I am having trouble inserting a data table with legend keys into a line chart > that contains a horizontal target line. Can anyone he...

Change default "SaveAs" to *.msg rather than *.html
Hi!, Using Outlook 03, I regularly need to save emails and prefer to save as *.msg so the attachments are contained within the one file. How can you change the default SaveAs command to Save as Type in a *.msg format (rather than *.html) so the type is already *.msg without having to use the pull down? Thank you Troy Outlook provides no way to change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TroyB" <boeky72@hotmail.com>...

Modifing data to show up better in chart.
My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 is there a way I can multiply these percentages by 100 to show them as 9900% = 99 Normally you would just make then a 2nd axis but as you can see I already have a second axis of 0-9000 In article <A9E6F75B-7307-4291-BC7D-729F9DF88D50@microsoft.com>, MikePunko@discussions.microsoft.com says... > My Y1 axis is from 0-250 my Y2 axis is from 0-9000 > When graphing percentages the line shows up at the very bottom since 99% < 1 > is there a way I...

change column name from letters to numbers?
I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing some of the contents to a printed spec. Each numbered field in the spec corresponds to a column in the work sheet. I'd like to change the column headers from letters to numbers. Is that possible? Tools-->Options, General tab. Check the R1C1 Reference Style. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jerry" <jerry@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OoyPef$eFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing ...

Movie of Charts desired
I'm having alot of trouble trying to show charts repeatedly. I change the data that is the 'source' of the chart, but even with a 'refresh' it doesn't want to show anything, till the last one. What gives? Any general hints or clues appreciated. Thanks. Ken Where is the chart(s)? How are you changing the source? What do you refresh? How do you refresh? What doesn't show until what last one? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <...

GP 8.0 Shortcut Bar
I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? -- Amanda I believe you are correct. When you upgrade to v9, you will be able to add the window to the shortcut bar. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Amanda" wrote: > I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut > Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? > -- > Amanda ...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

vba to prevent display of default series in doughnut chart
I am generating a doughnut chart using VBA and am having two immediat issues: 1) I am using the following line to ensure that the default chart tha is generated when I invoke the Charts.Add method is a doughnut chart: Application.SetDefaultChart FormatName:=xlDoughnut Is there a more elegant approach to ensuring that any chart create ends up being a doughnut chart, maybe when invoking the Charts.Ad method? I have tried to specify ChartType = xlDoughnut after th Charts.Add method but this does not do the trick every time (see cod snippet below). 2) When the doughnut chart is added (immediat...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

Putting Excel Charts into a Word document that's getting too big
I am creating a Word document (our Annual Report) in which I will have many charts and graphs that were created in Excel. Currently, there will be at least 26 graphs/charts in the document. In the past, there have apparently been problems with not having enough space to save the Word document because it gets too big. The document itself is only about 36 pages, but, as I mentioned, within the 36 pages are at least 26 graphs and charts. I'm looking for a way to copy the graphs/charts into Excel without it taking so much memory. One solution we thought of was to only paste the gra...

Net change and percentage of change
Hi, I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whether it is positive or negative and the percentage of the increase or decrease. The difference is not a problem. The problem lies in calculating the percentage. I don't how to do that. Can someone tell me? Thanks, Richard =(B1-A1)/B1 "Richard" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old > price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whethe...