How to avoid when linked source data is changed, chart turns blan.

When I created new charts in Excel 2003, each previous chart became blank.
Therefor I saved the file unter a new name and copied the previous chart to
the new file.  This created ofcourse links to the other files.

Now I want to change the source file, but when I do that the chart becomes
blank as well.

Anybody who had this problem before and found out how to solve it ?

Rgds,

Chris

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

How to change the return of a textbox from TRUE/FALSE to YES/NO?
I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that it returns Yes for checked and No for unchecked. How can I make this happen You mean Checkboxes? You can use a helper cell: =if(a1=true,"Yes","No") Then hide that linkedcell (if you want). Gldenboy2 wrote: > > I have a long colum full of textboxes in excel. When the boc is checked it > returns true, and false for unchecked. I would like to change this so that > it returns Yes for checked and No for un...

pivot chart, mean and standard error
hello, I'm using a pivot table to calculate the mean and the stdevp of values collected in different condition. My problem is to draw the corresponding chart for the means of the values, and using the stdevp values for the error bars. Using a stacked histogram, I have something which resembles to what I would like but I would prefer to have a classical error bar. Is there a way to manage ? I want to keep something automatic and not static, with a copy/paste values to draw manually my charts. Thanks for your help -- Misange migrateuse http://www.excelabo.net mail : http://cerbermail.c...

How to change The height of the Split Window in a frame?
Hi: Every one, I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, Now i want to hide one of them, Or change the height of the window to 0, How to do,? Thanks Hi Jerry, Check SetRowInfo() and RecalcLayout() Normand "Jerry" <tghu@163.net> a �crit dans le message de news: eCW9GVIoEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi: > Every one, > I make a 2-rows , 1 col CSplitterWnd i n a frame, > Now i want to hide one of them, > Or change the height of the window to 0, > How to do,? > Thanks > > > ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #5
Dave Peterson Wrote: > And xl2002 added an option that allows you to have more control: > Edit|links|startup prompt button. > check the "don't display the alert and update links" This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, I' running an older version of Excel. I'll have to hit up my IT perso for an update. Thanks! -Tomm -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

How Change default "look in" location in EXCEL for Importing Exte.
I am importing data contained in a text file. When I get to Import Data, the "Look In" folder location always defaults to "My Data Sources". How do I change that to the folder where my data is? (files are on my computer). thanks ...

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

Get rid of "folder sizes" and "data file management" links
at the bottom of the folder list? I'd love to remove these to make more space available in the list. Thanks. ...

Track Changes Query
Hi I wonder if someone could help me please with a problem that's been baffling for a few weeks now. I am trying to create a query, which in turn feeds a report, that shows tracked changes. I have previously posted on this forum and got some great advice that's really helped me along but I'm really struggling with the query to extract the data. I am relatively new to Access in particular VBA but I am willing to learn. What I would like to do is to use a date parameter to extract those fields with an updated time stamp within a given time period, which in turn I can sho...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Problems Printing a Linked Word document
I am having trouble printing a word document that has linked excel tables in it. When I print the document, some of the linked excel tables get skewed and distorted. However, they look normal on screen. What causes this? How can I fix it? -- jc ...

How to statically linking 2 files for 32 bit and 64 bit in VC++ 2005
I am trying to statically link a xyz.lib file to my 32-bit VC++ 2005 MFC app in order to use a .sys file. I have two xyz.lib files, one for win32 and one for amd64. I know I should add the .lib file to ['Property Pages' > 'Linker' > 'Input' > 'Additional Dependencies'] But which file do I add, how do I add both files, and how do I ensure the 32-bit app can use the linked .sys on 32-bit as well as 64-bit? Thanks! Hi, Just use the 32 bit lib, your app will run on 64 bit via WOW64. 64 bit development would involve setting up a new cpu platform, whi...

How can I change background color of DateTimePicker?
I know that subj is possible because of Borland C++ Builder allow to change background color of DateTimePicker just assigning a color to Color property of TDateTimePicker component. When I try to make this subj using MFC I've got nothing. Can anybody help me? My code : m_date.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | DTS_SHORTDATEFORMAT, CRect(36, 0, 116, topHeight), this, 1006); m_date.SetFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"); m_date.Invalidate(TRUE); CDC *dc=m_date.GetDC(); assert(dc->SelectObject(&greenBrush)); ReleaseDC(dc); With best regards, Sergiy Yakovyn. "Sergiy ...

Change size of name box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to change the size of the name box ? And how do you do it = ? Some of my range's names are to long to fit in the actual name box. Thanks in Advance, and may all of you have a healthy 2004 Gilbert ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C3D233.5A184190 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HT...

changed time and date and messed up appointments
Hi I recently went to UK from Australia, then to italy, I must have changed the time zones, and now my appointments are all over the place, Is there a way of getting them back to original times and dates. for the future is there a better way of handling time zones. i also use a pocket pc where i probably changed zones as well. thanks tim See the following MSKB article for a workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197480 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mes...

Stock High-Low-Close Chart
Is it possible to produce a Hi-Lo-Close chart with reversed axes - ie with the Hi-Lo bars horizontal rather than vertical? The normal HLC chart has stocks listed along the x axis and price up the y axis. How would I switch this around? I want to display a series of stocks listed down the y axis and the hilo price range given across the x-axis. Thanks for any advice on this. Tim, Assuming your data is first set up like this and cover the range A1:D8: High Close Low Conoco 41 39.5 38 Exxon 42 40.5 39 Shell 41 39.5 38 Baker 40 38.5 37 Halliburton 39 37.5 36 Marathon 40 38.5 37 Diamond 40...

Money Data
I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store the data externally. I can store the backup in a variety of places, however, I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to these media using browse from within the M...

sorting data #2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I dont really know what to call the question. i have the following A B 4 2 1 5 2 3 1 6 4 3 Can I automate the sorting of this data so that for each value in column A the Values in Column B are totaled, ie it becomes A B 1 11 2 3 4 5 Thanks Andy --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could either sort your data by column A and then Data|subtotals or you could add headers and do Data|pivottable. powelly wrote: > > Sorry if this has been asked before, but ive searched to no avail, as I >...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Turning off all Automatic Formatting in Excel 2003
Hi Is there any way of turning off all automatic formatting in Excel 2003? For example Excel automatically changes strings such as 1-12 in a CSV file to 1-Dec, 10-10-2005 to 10/10/2005 and strings of numbers to an exponential representation. These changes are preserved when saving the file and thus corrupting it, preventing any other applications from reading it. I know you can import CSVs changing all the fields to text using the data import option, however reopening it and saving causes Excel to make the same changes again. Any suggestions would be really appreciated as this is caus...

data entry problem
I am trying to make a detailed sheet of some inventory data whic changes each month. The first sheet just has general data, but ther are more columns on the second sheet with varying expanded details Column A - product number Column B - color Column C - available Column D - Misc notes (may or may not be filled in) [SHEET 1] Month 1 A B C D 2310 blue yes 2348 red M/R must sell soon 2362 blue no (some text data in-between) 2405 red M/R need to be redone 2450 grn yes sell cheap 2477 wh yes Month 2 (new ones may be added, and sold item t...