how to automate min and max on axis based on calculation

While automating some chart making with code, I am trying to automate the
span of time reflected on the x-axis.  Auto doesn't work because I need the
beginning to be based on an October of a given year.  Similarly I have
requirements for the max.
The appropriate min and max are calculated elsewhere, but I am not sure how
to code it to accept the value from a cell.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA
0
PapaJonah (6)

This has to be done programmatically.  For a ready-made solution see
AutoChart Manager
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/autochart/index.html

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article <284CED00-F328-4735-B356-8F1689A2CB5D@microsoft.com>,
PapaJonah@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> While automating some chart making with code, I am trying to automate the
> span of time reflected on the x-axis.  Auto doesn't work because I need the
> beginning to be based on an October of a given year.  Similarly I have
> requirements for the max.
> The appropriate min and max are calculated elsewhere, but I am not sure how
> to code it to accept the value from a cell.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> TIA

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

min query
Hi, How do I get the 2nd minimum value and the 3rd minimum from a table after I have done MIN query for the 1st minimum value? SELECT dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN, Min(dbo_CON.SQ) AS MinOfSQ FROM dbo_CON GROUP BY dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN HAVING (((dbo_CON.SC)<>49)); Thanks, Hi Jerry, This will give me three different SC SN records. I am looking for same SC SN records that has next min SQ. table SC SN SQ 1 100 1 1 100 2 1 100 3 1 100 ...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, I am trying to develop a query where my client wants to track how much time in minutes does a nurse spend in various activities (staff education, patient/family education, answering drug relation questions etc. etc.) to assist nurses in other units. What query type should I use? How do I write the query? There is a start time (when the nurse recieves the call) and completion time (when the nurse hangs up). Thanks Mrinalini <drmrinalini@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176645431.981118.294870@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to develop a query wher...

what tab for calculating percent and decimal?
I want to find the percent for each column. Which tab do I click to get the drop down choice for percent. I found it once and forgot to remember it. I also remember seeing the dropdown had decimal as well. I am just starting to explore using this for my grading system at school. Today is my first day exploring this site. try format>cells or right click>format>>>> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Heidi" <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BBF5660-5CD7-4756-9972-D980105...

Calculate meeting timings
Hi, I had one requirement. I want to calculate my total meetings time i spent througout the week, month or year. This will help how to manage my time between my work and meeting. Any solution to this??? ...

Calculating dates & creating reports
I need to design a database that will calculate due dates for evaluations. It will have 5 dates. 4 are calculated. These dates need to be on a form along with the employee's name and other vital info. The user should be able to enter that Start Date and have all the other dates calculate automatically. There are approximately 55 employees! The first date (Start Date) is entered by the user. Example: User enters Start Date: 2/01/07. #2 Next Date is 91 days from 2/1/07, which calculates to 5/03/07. #3 Six Month Date is 182 days from Start Date, which calculates to 8/02...

YTD calculation
I run spreadsheets with monthly columns for actual, budget, and variance. I have final YTD columns. I currently go in and add the latest month to get this total. It would be simpler if I could have a YTD cell with a value like 3 for March. If I then had text in column 1 it would sum 2,5 and 8 for actual, 3,6 and 9 for budget and 4,7 and 10 for variance. Changing just the YTD cell value to 4 for April would change this calculation. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks. Michael =MONTH(TODAY()) will return 11 for November or 4 for April -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Michael" <...

cell to have comma-delimited values based on text
I have a table called "220_reference" with a column name "Part Number" having a sample value of below: 4047122(All Dash no.), 4057222(All Dash no.), 4058222(All Dash no.), 4060122(All Dash no.) The entire value is in one cell representing the "Part Number" column(defined as general type so text I suppose). Simple enough. But what I need to do is take any number that has "(All Dash no.)" after it and search through a column in another table to retrieve any rows that have that number(text) in it. The other table name is "220" with ...

Excel VBA
Hi, Is there any way to freeze (prevent) a number of worksheets from recalculating when a VBA macro is running? I have a spreadsheet with about 10 worksheets, most of which are linked to each other in some way. One of my macros only needs to use the formulas (and related results) from about 7 of these, so the other 3 are updating all the time but since the results from these are not needed then they are slowing down my code. Is there some VBA function for temporarily disabling a worksheets calculation function? I would need my code to look something like this: Code: -------------------- ...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

Percentage tax calculation 07-01-05
Hi all, i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see this features in crm. any suggestion? Thanks in advance, Joe On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 13:37:17 +0200, "Joe Fischietti" <joefischietti@removemelibero.it> wrote: >Hi all, >i need to set the tax calculation at fixed value of 20% but i doesn't see >this features in crm. >any suggestion? We have an add in that will do this. It allows tax rates to be set by percentage on quotes, orders and invoices. The tax rate is set for each product with a configurable default and may be over...

How do I change X-Axis values in a chart with 2 Y-Axis?
I am attempting to chart two data series that share a X-Axis. The Y-Axis for these series are at different ranges so I have two Y-Axis. When I do this the X-Axis turns into a non-numerical entry, example, 1-2-3-4, when my data is a time and is organized as this (15-30-60-90...etc.) Is there a chart with two Y-Axis and one X-Axis with the plot showing the appropriate spacing that I require? I am using Excel 2002 if that changes anything when You go to <chart><Chart data><series> does it show two different x data sets? if your x axis lables were on the set you chang...

Receive PO based on amount.
Greetings GPLings.. :) Is there any way to receive with invoice , a PO that contain service /non inventoried items based on the amount? Eg: PO amount $100000000 for ONE service item and i would want to receive and invoice only $ 200. The reason i used this huge amount as PO is that even if i used a decimal value to receive the PO as a percentage,it will still not be accurate as GP allows only 5 decimal places. In a simple form, i want to receive based on the amount rather than qty. Cheers.. The only way to do that is to enter the PO for a quantity of 100,000,000 at a unit...

sum items in a table based on description
I am interested in summing items is a table based on their description. Is there a formula that will add items together from column based on the contents in another cell reference in the same row? I know a pivot table will do this with some restrictions in the table design. You can use sumif if there is onbly one condition Assume you want to sum values in column C where column B is "x" =SUMIF(B2:B500,"x",C2:C500) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hrider" <hrider@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ejggYE$MFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I am interested ...

Join based on next closest value (like Excel VLOOKUP)
Trying to do something similar to a VLOOKUP (Excel) in an Access 2003 query. I have the following tables: JOBS Job,Quantity A,96 B,256 C,300 D,4299 COSTS Quantity,Cost 0, $1000 100, $1200 200, $1500 300, $2000 400, $2500 500, $3000 I need a query that takes JOBS.Quantity, looks it up in COSTS.Quantity and find the cost for the NEXT LOWEST quantity. (Example: Job B has a quantity of 256 and the next LOWEST quantity from COSTS is 200 so Job B costs $1500.) The results should be as follows: JOBS.Job,COSTS.Cost A,$1000 B,$1500 C,$2000 D,$3000 This would be ...

Home based Job For Indian
Want the pleasure of life, don't worry, work 1-2hours/day and earn Rs. 10,000-15,000/month online from your home/cafe/office PC. For details write # ejob1189@rediffmail.com Please write the subject of mail as: "Job Inquiry" ...

Fast alternative to table based state transition matrix
I got this answer from comp.theory. It was completely obvious once it was explained. It is trivially simple to create a DFA based recognizer without a state transition matrix data table. Simply encode case statements corresponding to inputs within the case elements of a case statement corresponding to states. In at least some cases the (case within case) method might be faster depending upon whether or not memory is reduced enough to more than offset the higher case statement overhead to increase cache locality of reference. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com...

calculating different percentages depending on amount
I'd appreciate help with a formula I need a formula to calculate the following 4.5% of any amount up to and equal to $41,100.00 PLUS 6.00% on an amount above $41,100. ie $20,000 would be (20,000 x .045) $900.00 ie $50,000 would be [(41,100 x .05) + (8,900 x .060)] $2,383.50 Thanks Pete -- pgruenin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47878 Here's one which may work. Just substitute...

Y Axis Labels #2
I have a chart that is listed weeks against a score, ie: Week 1 2 Week 2 5 Week 3 1 and so on. The numbers however refer to a word, ie: Week 1 2 Bad Week 2 5 Very Good Week 3 1 Very Bad When i chart it i chart against the numbers to make sure it works but i need the Y-Axis labels to look against the words. Any ideas? -- chalky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ chalky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23758 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Colouring Emails based on Headers
I am trying to use colour to pick out spam identified by a Spam program in an X-Header. I have gone into the advanced settings, but can't seem to find an option to colour based on content of the headers. Can anyone help me out here? SB Take a look at HeaderToCategory for MS Exchange 2000/2003 application: http://www.ivasoft.biz/hc.shtml It could help in that case. -- Rregards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer > I am trying to use colour to pick out spam identified by a Spam program in > an X-Header. > I have gone into the advanced settings, but can't seem to fin...

Payroll deduction based on percentage of another deduction
Is it possible to set up a payroll deduction based on percentage of another deduction? I see we can base a deduction on selected paycodes but not deductions. We can collect a percentage of wage attachments as collection fees but if the wage attachment deduction amount changes each pay, we'd have to manually change to collection fee code each pay. I'm looking for a way to calculate this collection fee automatically. ...

Row highlight based on the 1-31 day of the month
I've got a table with dates displayed in the first column (ascending order). I would like to highlight each row based on the day of the month with one of 5 chosen colours (red, yellow, green, blue and orange). rows with the 1st of the month: red rows with the 2nd of the month: yellow ....... rows with the 6th of the month: red ....... Julian. You would use conditional formatting to display different colors based upon the day value. Your conditional formatting formula would look at the day value of the date. You will have multiple conditions for each row. Condition 1 Formula is: ...