How to add % to columns with dollar value data table.

I want to add % to a column chart but my series contains dates and value has
a dollar amount that needs to be in the data table.

Please clarify with examples of the data.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Richardson" <Richardson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to add % to a column chart but my series contains dates and value
>has
> a dollar amount that needs to be in the data table.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

Pivot Table #21
In my pivot table i have days on the market. I need to sort them so that they show in groups such as: 1-100,101-200,201-300,301-400. then a second column showing values number sold such as:1-100 31 then a third column showing the avg. sales price suchas:1-100 31 $94,451.61 Hi Right click on a value>Group and Outline>Group>by 100>OK -- Regards Roger Govier "fearthespear" <fearthespear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67455DF6-C775-4758-B731-65805B359728@microsoft.com... > In my pivot table i have days on the market. I need to sort them s...

Microsoft CRM data
Hi, I'm building the Web Service example in Chapter 3 of the "Microsoft Office Information Bridge (MOIB) Solution Development Guide" (Beta). I'll use the Web Service to create the smart tag recognizer and actions. I've previously built the Web Service example in the "Integrating Microsoft CRM (MSCRM) with Microsoft Office 2003 InfoPath", February 2004. The MSCRM example uses http://<CRM_Server_Name>/mscrmservices as the connection string. The MOIB example uses a direct "CRM" database connection string in the web.config file, and not a CRM serv...

Current time for data entered in column
Whenever data is entered in a cell, current time should come auto i another corresponding cell. For example, time should automaticall come in Y column for any data entered in any cell of the column A. Fo A10 time should come in Y10 and for A12 it should come in Y12 and s on. I need it for doing time and motion study. Appreciate all help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mohitmahajan! Based on JE McGimpsey (http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html) Let's say that every time an entry is made in cells A2:A100, the corresponding cell in column Y should have the...

Deleting Sales Receipts
I need to reduce my db size... Many have posted about the Retail Realms archiving utility. This sounds like a great app, but since I'm somewhat familiar with the db schema in RMS and know SQL, I would like to attempt it on my own. Has anyone tried removing sales history through SQL? What tables should be cleared, does anyone have a script that they use? I understand that a backup should be made prior to any changes :) Paul Paul, To see what tables are taking up all the space run this query: ------------------------- SELECT [total size KB], B.rows, O.name FROM (select sum(convert(de...

Transferring data between worksheets using Sheet Command?
Hi for an assignment i have to enter grades for 200 students in 4 subjects. there is a front summary sheet that contains all the subjects and all the students and their overall grade GPA etc.. anyway this summary sheet has to be populated automatically from the individual math, english etc.. worksheets. The guide says to do it using the 'sheet command' any help greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

How do you change the data and input data into a chart on Excel?
Jon Peltier's Excel chart info may be useful to you. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ "unclemoko" <unclemoko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AF9FAFA-B657-4C21-A4CA-56B81EC5C27B@microsoft.com... > ...

Changing Default DURATION value of 30 min. in activities
Is there a way to change the 30 min. default value in activity types? Even if through the database? Thanks, Oliver The Duration field is represented as a picklist on the activity form. Picklist values can usually be customised through the CRM user interface which would allow you to change the default and add additional values. However, at present the CRM Activity form is not customisable through any supported method. Maybe in a future release. ...

format a timesheet it adds the hrs but need a negative for flex
I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the format to add the hrs for the day and the total for the week but when the overtime adds on to the flex it want give me a negative it just comes up with ######## can you please help thanks One way to show negative dates/times in excel is to use the 1904 date system. Tools|Options|Calculation tab Be aware that any dates in your worksheet will change by 4 years and a day. But if you're adding hours, how do you get a negative value? juls kartinyeri wrote: > > I have been working on a timesheet for work I've got the...

Using 'Add to Favourites' option on a shared calendar not working
In Outlook 2007 we have a few users who are unable to add a shared calendar to their Calendars->Other Calendars list. The steps that work on a mojority of computers are: 1. Go->Folder List. 2. Navigate to Public Folders->All Public Folders->...->Communal Calendar. 3. Right Click on Communal Calendar and select 'Add to Favourites'. 4. Click OK on 'Add to Favourites' dialog. 5. Go->Calendar and the calendar should have appeared under 'Other Calendars' list. However, in a few cases when OK is clicked in step 4 the calendar never appears in...

Changing data from imported .txt file
When i import data from an old (dos based) program negative numbers appear with the minus behind the number. Does anyone have any idea how i can change them all from 1,234.56- to -1,234.56 so Excel will recognise them? Changing them by hand takes forever. Thank you. If you're using xl2002+ and are using File|Open to open a text file, you'll see a wizard popup. On step 3 of that wizard, there's an advanced button. Click it. There's an option to treat trailing minus signs as negative numbers. If you already have the data in the worksheet, you can use... Dana DeLouis pos...

user-defined data type capabilities
It seems I use Microsoft Visual Basic 6.5 from Microsoft Excel 2003. I've just introduced my first user-defined data type (UDT) to a module. I found it greatly simplified passing parameters. Private Type Journey Depart As String Arrive As String End Type What can I do with such UDTs? 1) Declare functions and scalar, array, and parameter variables. 2) Assign e.g. Dim A as UDT, B as UDT: A = B 3) Not compare variables. e.g. if UDT0 = UDT1 ... gets an error. What else can UDTs be used for? When, in the Visual Basic Editor (VBE), I hover over code referencing a v...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

Add To "Find & Replace" Drop Down List
Greetings, I am running Excel 2003 on an XP box. I have a lot of replacing to do on 60 similar workbooks. There are about 20 different combinations that I have to worry about. I have been using the "Find & Replace" under the Edit menu choice Edit>Replace. The drop down list only keeps the last 5 choices. Is there anyway to increase this number from 5 to 25? Any ideas will be most welcomed. -Minitman ...

formula = ADD whatever is not highlighted.
Hi. I have a workbook which I use as my monthly budget. I have tried other software made for that, but this is really what I like. As transactions go through, I "highlight" the cell, using a variety of colors. I would like 1 cell (presumably, one that would calculate, what is left to go through) to add only the cells that are not highlighted, in a certain range. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. These should help. Sub addnoncolor() mysum = 0 For Each c In [m1:m5] If c.Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Then mysum = mysum + 1 Next MsgBox mysum End Sub Sub whatcolor() For Eac...

downsampling from 16 bit to 8 bit data with colesafearray
I want to downsample a 512x512x16 bit array to a 512x512x8 bit array. I want to do it with COleSafeArray.... here's what I've got already. What should I do to pick off the most significant bits of the 16 bit value and store them in an 8 bit value that I can write to the other array? Also- any ideas on autoscaling data when I do this? If I know the max and min of the source, 16 bit data? Thanks in advance! -spencer // set up our arrays DWORD numElements[] = { 512,512 }; COleSafeArray Array16; COleSafeArray Array8; Array16.Create(VT_UI2, 2, numElements); Array8.Create(VT_UI1, 2, ...

How do I change headings for columns from numbers to letters? #2

Pivot table grouping (URGENT!)
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has currency amounts in the column and a count of claims in the data area. I have grouped by 100, starting at 0 running to 600. The only thing I'm questioning is when it gets to 200 I think its including any spend in the group 100-200 then again in the group 200-300. Is there anyway I can get the grouping to run from 0-100, then 101-200, 201-300 etc? Please advise -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 When you group by 100, the groups shouldn't overlap. If you start at 0, it should automatically group by 0-99, 100-199, etc. Adam w...

Newbie needs help with table
I have created a database with two tables: Product Orders The product table contains the following fields: ProdID Descr OnHand the orders table contains: CustID ProdID QTYOrdered Cost When I created the Orders table I wanted to use the ProdID on the Product table as a lookup field. When I created the lookup type I selected from the Product Table the ProdID and Descr. When I try to do data entry the system does not properly input the data into the orders ProdID table. What I want is to display the ID AND the Description but I only want the ID placed in the or...

conditional formatting #value!
Hi Is it possible to create a conditional formatting condition that can detect the condition of #VALUE! ? That is NOT the text string but the "error condition". What I am trying to highlight is that certain calculated values have not been correctly calculated on the sheet and need further investigation. Thanks Clive Hi Clive, Use the 'Formula Is' option on the conditional formating dialog and enter the following, assuming the cells is A1. =ERROR.TYPE(A1)=3 You can also use the Go To dialog (CTRL+G), Special... to locate cells with Errors. Cheers Andy Clive Long...

getting updated info from pivot tables
Hi everyone, I created a pivot table with months as column and sum of clients an sum of members as rows. I take the last month and Grand total number to another table I use for reporting. Is there a formula that I ca use to tell the table to get the last month (grand total - 1) and gran total numbers so when I update the pivot I dont have to change the othe table all the time. Thanks for the help, Marco -- marksuz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- marksuza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=265 View this ...

Auto-send pivot table per user
I have a pivot table which is the performance benchmarking per user. Now what I am doing is double click on user name to drill down their performance per job, copy and plaste it on email, type the email address according to address list, and send to them one by one. Is there any built-in function or VBA/ macro to do these steps with one click? Try Ron de Bruin's website, I needed to do something similar, where I had a pivot table and I needed to email each page field of a pivot table to a different email recipient. The website is as follows:- http://www.rondebruin.nl -- Gary Bro...

Enter Parametr Value
I have the following SQL that selects the TOP 10 clients by percentage of sales. I want to be able to SELECT the TOP 20, TOP 40, TOP 60, etc.. by entering a value when the query runs. How might I change my SQL? Any help appreciated. SELECT TOP 10 tblPct.ip, tblPct.Pct FROM tblPct ORDER BY tblPct.Pct DESC; On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 17:52:02 -0800, NEWER USER <NEWERUSER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The only way to do that is to use dynamic sql. This will not work: select top forms!myForm1myControl from myTable This will not work: select top [parMyTop] from myTable (...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

1 Cell 2 Values?
Hello All, Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated by a comma and spaces? For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was positive and the number of times a value was negative and in the cell I want it to show A1: +, - Is this possible? Thanks to all, Shhhh Shhhh wrote... >Is it possible in excel to have it return two values in one cell separated >by a comma and spaces? > >For example I want it to count the number of times in a month the value was >positive and the number of times a value was negative a...

Know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values?
Anybody know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values? You can add the Paste Values button to the toolbar: Choose Tools>Customize Click on the Commands tab Select the Edit category Scroll down the list of commands to find Paste Values Drag the Paste Values command to an existing toolbar Click Close Nanne wrote: > Anybody know of a shortcut for Paste Special Values? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...