how to add an additional title to the x-axis

I need to have 2 different bits of information on the x-axis - both semester
and type of assistantship.  For example:
In 2002 - 2003 there were Teaching assistantships, Research assistantships,
Administration assistantships and then the Total # of assistantships.  All
that shows up is the year with the tick marks for the different
assistantships.  I want to labe the tick marks
Can someone suggest how I might do this?  I have tried the help on Excel
with no luck.
thanks
roberta
0
Roberta1 (28)

Roberta:
There are more ways to do it, depending on what messagey you want to portray.
You can make a stacked column, or a side-by-side columns chart, or a
combination line-column chart with the totals as line chart.  Below is the
set of data I worked with.

		TA	RA	AA	Tot
2002	S1	25	20	18	63
	S2	20	30	40	90
2003	S1	15	30	12	57
	S2	18	24	30	72
2004	S1	30	25	20	75
	S2	12	12	12	36

Note that the cells left of TA are empty (if TA=C1, A1 and B1 are empty).
Select the tabel A1:E7 and choose Column Chart, stacked (second in first row
in the wizzard).  The total stack represents the total.  Disadvantage is that
the stacks are difficult to compare.
If this isnt what you seek, reply with more accuracy on what you want the
chart to say and I'll try to work out another example.

GL, Henk

"roberta" wrote:

> I need to have 2 different bits of information on the x-axis - both semester
> and type of assistantship.  For example:
> In 2002 - 2003 there were Teaching assistantships, Research assistantships,
> Administration assistantships and then the Total # of assistantships.  All
> that shows up is the year with the tick marks for the different
> assistantships.  I want to labe the tick marks
> Can someone suggest how I might do this?  I have tried the help on Excel
> with no luck.
> thanks
> roberta
0
HEK (135)

Add-on for Pet Shop
Hi, Is there an Add-On For RMS designed for Pet Shops??? Thanks, Sacha Sacha, I have talked to DRS(Digital Retail Solutions)about that very same thing. They have responded to me by asking what I would like in a pet store bundle(they currently have a bundle for bicycle shops), basically a wish list. I haven't had the time to think about it a whole lot, so I haven't got back to them yet. I was also concerned about the cost if I was the only one interested in such a module. Contact me at craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com and maybe we could come up with a wish list for such a ...

Can I Add A Different Photo to Each Record in a Form?
Hello. I'm using Access 2003. I'd like to know if I can set up a form that will let me add a different photo to each record. What's the simplest procedure to do this? Thank you. Larry Linson has some ideas on that subject. http://accdevel.tripod.com/imaging.htm T. Hulot wrote: >Hello. > >I'm using Access 2003. > >I'd like to know if I can set up a form that will let me add a >different photo to each record. > >What's the simplest procedure to do this? Thank you. -- RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro P...

how do i add the pdf icon to excel?
How do I add the pdf icon to the toolbar in Excel? I want to convert my excel worksheet to a pdf. I have acrobat reader installed. Hi Tina. I'm afraid you have to buy the Acrobat Standard from Adobe to be able to convert documents. The free Reader can't do it. You can purchase and download it from Adobe's home page. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Tina" wrote: > How do I add the pdf icon to the toolbar in Excel? I want to convert my > excel worksheet to a pdf. I have acrobat reader installed. Or get a third party utility that can do it, I am sure the...

Need formula to add specific #'s across the top
I want to be able number columns across the top of my excel sheet. EX. (0, 0) (1, 0) (2, 0) How do I get it to keep adding 1 number to the front # and keep the second # as a zero? When I do it down a column it works fine but when I try to do it across it just keeps repeating itself so that I get: (0, 0) (1, 0) (2, 0) (0, 0) (1, 0) (2, 0) instead of (0, 0) (1, 0) (2, 0) (3, 0) (4, 0) (5, 0) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Enter in A1 ="(" & COLUMN()-1 & ", 0)" returns (0, 0) (1, 0) (2, 0) (3, 0) (4, 0) (5, 0) as it is copied across row 1 Gord Dibben ...

Y-Axis Auto-Scale Min Erroneously Set At Zero
Spent all morning and half the afternoon on the forums and 'net searching for this answer - hope I haven't overlooked it. I have 95 duplicate data layouts I need to chart...4 different series by month, qtr-to-date and Y-T-D. Each series is structured to contain na() if not yet populated to serve as a placeholder for the actual data as it becomes available. The data consist of index values which, by definition are positive values - the most common value being 100 which is equivalent to average. First chart I created works perfect, deriving the y-axis from the actual data. In...

RMS 1.x Dongle Return
Is there an expected date that the dongle from 1.x must be returned? -- John M. 6 months after v3.0 is released. ;) "John M." wrote: > Is there an expected date that the dongle from 1.x must be returned? > > -- > > John M. > > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_099F_01C75566.EF856370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable John M, They've told us a _reasonable_ timeframe, whatever that means. I'm = guessing 6 months before the phone c...

the red "x" is greyed out on my excel application. How can this .
I'm using office 2000. I believe that I may have some sort of virus. I am able to close individual files from within excel, however, I am unable to close excel using the RED "X" button. It is greyed out. Please help. ...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

How do I add a signature
We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a "handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? Pen If using xl2002 or 2003...... Create a graphic with the signature then add it to the Footer when printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:08 -0800, "Penfold" <Penfold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a >"handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? ...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Need Add-ons for RMS (credit management, warehousing, loyalty)
great day for everyone, im interested to know if something knows about addons for this escenarios: 1.- Global and Detailed Credit Managemente. Need sell items to credit: 1 initial pay, and then 6,8,12,24 month payments (with % of interests) 2.- Warehousing Management. 3.- Customer loyalty program or similar. Great Ideas. No 1 - I am not aware of anyone that has done that. It is doable. But will be a special development No 2 - You can use a store license for warehouse many of our customers do No 3 - We have a custoer Loyalty Module. Contact me by email for more details. Afshin Alikha...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

how do i plot a graph that has more than 2 axis
I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis on the same graph What are you trying to graph that would require two of each axis? "UK ENGINEERING" wrote: > I would like to know how I could plot a graph that has 2 x axis and 2 y axis > on the same graph Doesn't matter what he's plotting. Here's how to get all axes you're entitled to. Usually when you tell Excel to plot a series on the secondary axis, all it does is add a secondary Y axis. To get a secondary X axis, choose Chart Options from the Chart menu, and on the Axes t...

Special characters in titles
I am trying to put "AB&D" in the header of a worksheet but it always converts the "&D" to the date. I can put it in a cell but not in the header. I've tried double quotes, single quotes and backslash, all to no avail. Any ideas? Elizabeth, To use an & character in the header or footer, use two of them. E.g. "AB&&D" -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b6401c475a1$4e6e6a60$a301280...

primary & secondary axis
How do you space the primary and secondary axis equally. I've been fooling around with "Format Data Series>Options", but I can't get them equally spaced and with the same size. Is there something I'm missing or is Excel 2000 just trying to intimidate me???? Connie What to you mean by 'equally spaced' Same range (Max1=max2, Min1=Min2) ? Same interval between gridline? Tell us more -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Connie Martin" <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

add additional cost to complete MO
I am looking for the funcationality that before closing the MO, there is a way to enter additional cost to that MO. More specifically, Misc Charge items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

how to add auto complete number in excel
Hi All, Please i need your help to do the auto number in excel as following: if I write for example in Cell 5 and second cell 10 the result will be automatic in cell A1:E1 as following 5 6 7 8 9 10 and if I write in cell for example 550 and second cell 556 the result will be 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 Automatic would require VBA. Manually select C5:C10 after the two numbers are entered. Edit>Fill>Series>Linear>Step Value of 1 and OK Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 08:14:02 -0700, M.K <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > &...

Continuall Add ing values in a cell
Hi Everyone- I suspect that this question has been asked before but it is difficult to know how to find the correct thread. That being said, here it goes. I would like to make a cell continually add values entered into them. For example, I have a cell that has a value of $12.37 and I have to add to it a new value as I encounter it, lets say $8.73. As it stands know, I pull out my trusty calculator andsum up the two values and key in the sum into the field. I have a pile of recites that I need to add as they come up. Any help is greatly appreciated. Manuel A. Ayala CAD Concepts...

Start Date on X Axis
I have a simple bar chart where I want the date in the form of mo/dy to start at 9/12 and go to 9/17 on the X axis. I have the form and increment correct but I can't get the start date correct I am trying to use the scale tab on format axis. What does Value (Y) axis crosses at mean also, between dates, maximum value and entered value? Thanks Is it a bar or a column chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Frank C" <FrankC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

BP Req Mgmt Lookup should show additional columns
When doing a lookup I should be able to configure the columns that I would like to see visible on the lookup. For example, when looking up an item only item number and item description are visible fields. I would like to configure the lookup to show additional fields, like the vendor name. ...