How draw x-y picture

  Hello:  My work often need to draw picture.
  Suppose the function y=f(x), I have already got the discrete data of x and
y:
                 x:  x1, x2, ........, xn; y: y1, y2, ....., yn
how to draw them in the x-y coordinates?

  Excel does have ' insert |chart' and be able to draw a lot of types of
pictures, but I did not find the way to draw x-y line picture as x and y all
designed by ourself.

0
ZPXY (1)

Hi,

"Insert" --> "Chart" --> "XY-Scatter" --> select the "Chart Subtype" you
want --> select "Series" Tab --> enter the ranges (columns or rows)
containing your discrete x- and y- values --> "Next" --> "Next" --> "Finish"

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"ZPXY" wrote:

>   Hello:  My work often need to draw picture.
>   Suppose the function y=f(x), I have already got the discrete data of x and
> y:
>                  x:  x1, x2, ........, xn; y: y1, y2, ....., yn
> how to draw them in the x-y coordinates?
>
>   Excel does have ' insert |chart' and be able to draw a lot of types of
> pictures, but I did not find the way to draw x-y line picture as x and y all
> designed by ourself.

Writing Code to Create a Visio Drawing from Data
Hi, i=B4ve found an article that is a excelent model (in a small scale) for what i need to do with Database and Visio. But it=B4s not a step-by-step document, i =B4ve never worked with VBA and i=B4d like to get some help in how can i make this example work.... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=3D/library/en-us/devref/H= TML/DVS_20_Integrating_Data_with_A_Visio_Solution_370.asp Thank you!! Open the VBA editor Alt F11 Insert --> Module from the menu In the window with (General) (Declatarion) in the header bar, cut and paste the code from the article. You can ...

Where can I find drawing-interruption symbol in MSVisio ?
I have to draw a long corridor and I need to shorten it with help of interruption symbol. Could you plaese help me ? Thank you in advance Radka Break line on Visio Extras / Annotations stencil? "Radka" <Radka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DDBB786-B2D3-43A1-9DB3-9853E602A2EC@microsoft.com... >I have to draw a long corridor and I need to shorten it with help of > interruption symbol. Could you plaese help me ? > > Thank you in advance > > Radka ...

Publisher is adding a white box around a picture
I am doing a catalog merge in Publisher. I use EPS to inport into the document. The pictures do not have a border around them but after I pdf out of publisher and open in corel x4 there is a white square border around the picture. I have checked the printer settings and don't see anything checked there. Also in formatting it is set to have no border?? Thanks! Have you considered .png? Are looking for the.eps. to have a transparent background? Are you importing into Corel as an Ecapsulated Postscript or Postscript Interpreted? Usually the latter will have a transparent backgroun...

I get the white box when inserting pictures in publisher xp?
Hi I work at a school and we are having problems with the MS publisher not showing pictures when we insert them. We have windows xp Pro installed with Service pack 2. We would insert the picture on a blank document and then a white box comes up, but no picture. What is the solution to this? On our older machines it works OK with service pack 2. View, pictures, detailed display... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "donduck74" <donduck74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4234C22-F0A4-4...

Office X on OSX
Office XP is installed on a new G4 Mac(OSX). When the user opens Word, none of the menus in the menu bar (File, Edit, etc) drop down. The shortcut commands still work but the menus seem "frozen". I reinstalled the Office suite for her. It seemed to work for a bit before causing the same problem again. Occasionally if she kept rebooting her machine, it would work. Now it doesn't. Her updates are all done and nothing seems to be helping it. Any suggestions on any changes/updates I should look for??? She is getting very frustrated and I have no other solutions for ...

Ad a picture to contacts (like in Outlook)?
Hi, I am sure there is a one minute solution for adding a picture to a contact within the online form!? (Like you can do in outlook) best regards Antonio Hi, There is no built in solution to show pictures in MS CRM. You need to add an IFrame in entity's form and than show picture in that IFrame using your custom aspx form. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "A.K.V." wrote: > Hi, > > I am sure there is a one minute solution for adding a picture to...

pictures apear as a blank frame
In publisher 2003 all pictures and clipart apear as a blank frame. Picture viewing setting at either detailed or fast have no effect and selecting hide shows a grey cross as expected. The picture shows fine in graphics manager, print preview and in other office programs Curns wrote: > In publisher 2003 all pictures and clipart apear as a blank frame. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

pop3 and x-header
when I'm using a pop3 client, the x-headers are not sent down to the client from exchange. is there any way the x-headers can be sent down to POP3 clients? TIA, ...

Item counts on X Report
Currently we see Department sales and % of total sales. Is there a way to replace the "Report.Department.PercentageSales" variable with a total item count for sales in that department? ...

How do I edit my logo picture?
I have loaded the Suspended Rectangle Logo into a Publisher 2003 document and I would like to take the pyramid out of it but for some reason i cant.. I select it but when I click delete, i deletes the whole logo... Select the logo, arrange, ungroup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "thunderstruck_302" <thunderstruck302@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:223DF9DD-4CFC-4D88-AD62-01C5135BE4B2@microsoft.com... >I have loaded the Suspended Rectangle Logo into a Publisher 2003 document and ...

Pictures have turned to Red X's
I just installed Office 2003 and now all my html messages that "used to" contain pictures have nothing but red X'x. Anyone know what is up with that? This does not happen in my browser! In Outlook, is that what youre talking about? If so, are your picture download settings set to automatically download pictures? Tools> Options > Security > Download Pictures Try that out. >-----Original Message----- >I just installed Office 2003 and now all my html messages >that "used to" contain pictures have nothing but red X'x. >Anyone know ...

Office V.X update
I downloaded and installed a office v.x security update today and now I can't open any office programs without providing a CD key. There was no warning about needing a CD key to install an update. Problem is....I don't have one. Is there any way to find the CD key on the computer? Please help if you can.....I use office daily and now I have a major problem on my hands... :( Thanks! In article <1139362727.012355.289690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, rainlya@gmail.com wrote: > I downloaded and installed a office v.x security update today and now I > can't open any ...

Scatter with text on X
I am trying to construct one scatterplot for 2 groups of data A & B. would like to have A and B as two points on the X-axis and the (Y data values which pertain to A and B plotted as dots above them in vertical line. I have tried many different things and HELP to try to do this an no-one at work knows either. I am obviously missing out on somethin simple but important. Expert experience would be greatly appreciated! Donal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Word 2008 "Draft View" font drawing issues
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I work in &quot;draft view,&quot; which is most of the time, and I'm scrolling, the program often doesn't properly redraw the text. As a result, the ends of lines of text disappear or sometimes I see double images of text. I can redraw the text either by doing a &quot;select all&quot; or by flipping to &quot;print layout view,&quot; both of which are complete time-wasters. <br><br>I didn't have this problem in Word 2004 when I was in &quot;normal view,&quot...

DRAWCLI drawing problem
I have built the DRAWCLI sample and used Insert Object to add an excel spreadsheet. When the object is active (i.e. I have double clicked on it) and I scroll down it doesn't display properly. I get hatched drawing and the bottom portion is shifted to the right. As I scroll to the bottom it then corrects itself. The same problem is then seen when scrolling up. How do I fix this? ...

I need 2 add a legend 2 pictures in a word or publisher document
can anyone help My first suggestion would be to use proper words. Using cutesy shorthand is downright annoying. Having said that - what exactly do you want to do? And in which program? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or publisher document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6C68A8C-6C18-4A36-9B62-B66FBE049F31@microsoft.com... > can anyone help Is this English? -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "add legend to word or publisher document" <add legend to word or p...

Simple x-axis question
I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How ca I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since th sign is already defined in the axis title? I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general an multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you pleas help???! Thanks in advance... -- balmali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56...

Contact Dispaly Pictures Windows Live Messanger
In windows live I do not see the dispaly pictures for my contacts only the default dispaly. I am running Windows XP. On my desktop and other laptop I am running Vista and see the individual display pictures. Any ideas? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ..NET Asynchronous Events And Progress Bars http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6ccf748f-43c7-4116-9a6d-a24a02ba2b8a/net-asynchronous-events.aspx Greetings John, There's no specific off switch for display pictures in the latest version of Messenger. Just to check though, you are using Windows Live Messen...

Showing only the last x entries?
Hi I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount o data is so much that the graph is not quite readable. Is it possible to only show the last x entries in a graph. This shoul be done automatically. Basically to rephrase the question: I need the graph to be zoomed t the last x entries. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Tali -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi > > I have a graph with a moving average trendline, however the amount of > data is so much that the graph is...

pictures and objects appear blank in publisher 2002, but print ok
recentl when opening a file with pictures and objects in publisher 2002, they all appear blank. But they will print ok. I tried copying and pasting an object to a new page and its then visible but out of focus as if it has been enlarged too much. If I select all and copy it to a new page then the problem persists Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-u...

Outlook 6.x Link freezing
I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully updated) Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, but without opening the link. And ideas? ~Yue Yue <daovanveries@msn.com> wrote: > I have a user running winME, and Outlook 6.00 (fully > updated) > > Embeded links (straight html format) keep leading to a > temporary freeze. Usually after 2min, activity resumes, > but without opening the link. > > And ideas? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

replace picture in content control
Hi all. How can I replace picture in content control without losing content control's (picture) format? (MS Word 2007) Thanx Alex wrote: > Hi all. > How can I replace picture in content control without losing content > control's (picture) format? (MS Word 2007) > > Thanx If you just want to trigger the content control's Change Picture command and let the user choose the picture, use something like this: Sub x() Dim cc As ContentControl Set cc = ActiveDocument.ContentControls(1) If cc.Type = wdContentControlPicture Then ...

Background picture behind chart
In Excel I have successfully inserted a picture behind an interactive chart so the chart (graph) is visible overtop of the picture. But when I Save as Web Page the picture doesn't show up. The graph is fine, and is interactive, but the background picture file (gif) has disappeared. How can I preserve the picture so it will save as part of the Web Page? Thanks. Ralph Hi, Not tested but could you use the picture as the Fill Special for the chart or plot area? Cheers Andy RalphB wrote: > In Excel I have successfully inserted a picture behind an interactive chart > so the...

how do i up load from my pictures to advertising web site
how do i up load from my pictures to an advertising web site On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:58:01 -0800, pictures <pictures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do i up load from my pictures to an advertising web site Ask the administrator of the website. The technique will differ from site to site. In any case, this question does not appear to have anything to do with Visual Basic for Applications modules in Microsoft Access, which is the subject of this forum. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Simple x/y Graph, no categories
So sorry, I date back to memory of 1991 L123. Embarassed to ask actual professionals Two columns of stuff, (dates and boot times), the wizard is deep and to me opaque, the first column across the X, the 2nd runs up the Y. Like 1.75 hrs in, still nothing but sequence lables across the X. Surely that is possible, to have a x-axis increment besides the number of row entries. So dumb a question the MS-kings don't even put it in the help . . .. Jimbo - Did you select both the dates and the Y values when you started the chart wizard? If Excel doesn't know you want the dates, it will ...