how do you set up a table of winners vs. losers with total as %?

Form
Hi, I am in the process of building an image database. I am almost done with my database. I included a field in a form which is not in my parent table. Now I need to include it in the table. Can somebody explain me how to do it? Thank you verymuch! I assume that the form is bounded aleady to the main table. 1. Open the table in design view and add the field you want 2. Open the form in design view 3. Open the form properties, by clicking on the top left corner of the form 4. Put the cursor in the RecordSource property of the form, on the right you'll see a button with three dots, cli...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

Running Excel Pivot Table with Local cube on http:// Sub-Web???
Hello I have a SQL 2000 local cube that I created on my computer that is accessed by an Excel (XP) pivot table workbook. I would like to place & run both on a secure sub-web on my company http:// website. Both files were FTP'ed to the sub-web successfully. When opening the Excel file I am prompted for the local cube: the prompt is referencing the cube location on my computer where it was originally created with SQL 2000. I am unable to point it to the sub-web location. It appears that the Excel workbook has hard coded the original cube location back to my computer. Is there a way ...

How to specify pie chart total?
Hi guys, I'm sure this is me being dim but can you help. I have a worksheet showing a column of figures that each shows the number of different 'incidents' that have occurred. At the bottom of the sheet is the overall number of calls. Many calls do not become an 'incident'. Some calls can end up with two or more incidents. I'd like to create a pie chart showing the percentage of each type of incident - with much of the pie chart blank as many calls did not progress to becoming an incident. For the life of me I can't work out how to do this. I can easily c...

How do I set up my Hotmail account in Outlook when I have a DSL l.
By setting up a new account using most likely the POP settings. You will need server information from your DSL provider... in fact, they usually have very simple instructions to follow as to how to set up Outlook to check your email. It is different for each service provider as they will have different incoming and outgoing mail servers. "lahnpease@hotmail.com" <lahnpease@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C26E59E-F2EF-45F8-BE9A-567ED99C4857@microsoft.com... > lahnpease@hotmail.com <lahnpease@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Converting to an efficient set of tables
I was handed down an Excel file consisting of 47,000 rows and 20+ columns of data. In each column, there is an enormous amount of repetition. The file is over 20 MB and runs slowly. Because of reasons beyond my control at work, I cannot use MS Access to handle this data. So, I would like to create several tables containing the unique values that repeat so frequently and essentially structure the data like I would in Access with various relationships between fields. How can I (at least somewhat) automate this task to replace the cell values with references to another cell on another s...

How to set up multiple users with same email account
I currently have the following set up on my XP Home SP3 using Outlook Express 2 user accounts on XP (mine and my wife's) 3 email accounts - all from one ISP (pop3) - (one for me only, one for my wife only, one for both of us) The address book is shared out to all email accounts. As Outlook Express is not supported in Windows 7 and I am not too keen on Windows Live Mail, I was thinking of moving over to Outlook 2003 (which I also have). Is it possible to set up the same construct I have with OE using Outlook 2003 and how is such a thing possible. I have seen articles ...

How do I cancel email redirect when there was no rule set up?
My emails are automatically redirected form my office email to my home, both computers use Office 2003. I need to cancel this redirect, but there is no rule in my rules folder. I did this years ago so I can't be certain how it was set up. Any suggestions? "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA58A8FC-1E12-47A3-AF1A-ADFB2765867D@microsoft.com... > My emails are automatically redirected form my office email to my home, both > computers use Office 2003. I need to cancel this redirect, but there is no > rule in my rules fold...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, I have a problem with my Progressbar Form. the following code runs correctly. But... progressForm = new fclsProgress(); progressForm.percent = 0; Thread doSomethingThread = new Thread(delegate() { for (int i=0; i<100; i++) { if (progressForm.cancel == true) break; progressForm.percent = i; // ... do something } MyNamespace.MyClass.ActiveForm.Invoke((MethodInvoker)delegate { this.progressForm.Close(); }); } doSomethingThread.Start(); progressForm.ShowDialog(); But when I minimize my program, It is stoped by the following error me...

OPOS Printer
HI, I need to set the RecLetterQuality attribute to true for my OPOS receipt printer. I found the section for Receipt Formats in the Store Manager part of Microsoft POS, but there does not seem to be a LetterQuality selection. Is it here and I'm not seeing it? If not, there needs to be. The OPOS spec says RecLetterQuality is initialized to False after enabling. Our printer requires a darker print out for some applications (scanability), which it gives you when RecLetterQuality is True. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to th...

Can you set up another email account in an early v of Outlook?
I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on as it doesn't like 95. Thanks Jen wrote: > I need to set up an second email account in Outlook. This would be > fine if they had the latest version but its not and on a Win95 > machine. So can this be done? I can't even put Outlook Express v6 on > as it doesn't like 95. > > Thanks What version of Outlook? ...

set a default value for a cell ?
I want to set a default value to a cell or set of cells which might be edited by the user? I have a column which is used by a person to enter values. But A default value should appear. Could you please help me? see help on data validation or debra degliesh's page http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html "Jeethu" <Jeethu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A34C3B6-EF14-40AB-9CC6-E590AED4B6D8@microsoft.com... >I want to set a default value to a cell or set of cells which might be >edited > by the user? > > I have a column which is used by...

How would I set up a machine work log, to keep track of repair?

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

how do I set up an annual calendar on one worksheet
I need a tempplate to set up on one worksheet an annual calendar with days of the week, months and date numbers. I havae to set up a calendar that has recurring dates e.g. evry 3rd Weds in Feb, 4th Tues in may etc ANy help would be appreciated on all or some of the above start here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=calendar -- Gary''s Student "Ian Dee" wrote: > I need a tempplate to set up on one worksheet an annual calendar with days of > the week, months and date numbers. > I havae to set up a calendar that has recurring ...

Transfer files and settings from Ultimate 64 to Pro 32 fails
I wanted to transfer my files and setting from my W7 Ultimate 64 bit to my Black Friday Netbook running 32 bit Pro with Easy Transfer. Seems that doesn't work. Are there any work arounds or must I manually transfer what I need? -- Sprocket in Texas Hi, Sprocket. It should work. It worked for me. HOW are you using WET? With a transfer cable? Or a thumb drive? A network? RC -- R. C. White, CPA San Marcos, TX rc@grandecom.net Microsoft Windows MVP Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64 "Sprocket" <Sprocket@discussions.mi...

.NET 2.0 XML Validation
I am wondering if I am alone with this problem. Using VS 2005, I must validate an XML file via a Schema and it works well. When I get the schema exception and check the LineNumber and LinePosition properties, they are always set to 0 <=== Here are 2 ways I used to validate the XML always getting LineNumber and LinePosition = 0. Any hints would be greatly appreciated. ================================================================== XmlReaderSettings settings = new XmlReaderSettings(); settings.IgnoreWhitespace = false; settings.Schemas.A...

Strage function in worksheet {=TABLE(I64,)}
I am attempting to understand what appears to be a custom function in a workbook I was given, author unknown. It seems to be some type of index or look up but their is no help on it or macro defined for it. has anyone used or familiar with this? If you need more information I would be happy to provide it. {=TABLE(I64,)} Thanks, Mark On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:30:25 -0600, "mkadon" <mkadon@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am attempting to understand what appears to be a custom function in a >workbook I was given, author unknown. It seems to be some type of index or >look up...

displaying a table on a form so that we can insert a new record at any place rather that at the end
how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first record. how can i accomplish this? can any body help me out please........ hi Ravindar, ravindar thati wrote: > how can i display the table on a form so that the user is able to > insert a new record not only in the last, but also in any place of his > desire. he must be able to insert a new record even before the first > record. Tables in Access (in a database) are a differen...

Case Billable Time and Total Time in workflow
Hello evereyone, Case Billable Time and Total Time fields don't accessible in workflow! How can I calculate Case duration in workflow or access aforesaid fields? -- Mohsen Ahmadi, msnahm@hotmail.com IR-0912 *** **** ...

Personal setting files for Home and Student?
Where can I locate the personal setting files for MS Home and Student? I am formatting and reinstalling MS H&S. Will need the same for Excel and Powerpoint also. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/FilesToBackup.htm. In addition, if you're using Office 2007, you may have customized files in these folders: %appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks and subfolders %appdata%\Microsoft\UProof %appdata%\Microsoft\Word\Startup There may be similar advice for the other Office programs, so ask in their forums too. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP ...

Best practice for setting default font settings in Word 2007
Could anyone tell me what Microsoft's "Best Practice" is for a company to change the default font settings in Word 2007? For example, if I wanted to change the default font to Times New Roman for all new documents and push this out to the company - does best practice remain the same as in Word 2003? Or has it changed with the inclusion of the default document settings and themes? Thanks so much! I am not sure how you did it in Word 2003, but in either case, I would not rely on customizing the Normal.dot template. You should create separate templates for your...

Combine cell totals from 5 sheets into summary in Excel
Hi Milor, =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) --- Regards, Norman "milor" <milor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:440449BE-3F82-40E1-ADFB-DD2C261045EC@microsoft.com... > ...

Guide to setting up Resources and using Auto Accept Agent
I am setting up an exchange 2003 system and was looking for guidance on how to create resources that can be booked - like conference rooms as part of meetings. Also, do I need to use Auto Accept Agents to complete the process of people booking these resources? Thanks Please could someone advise on this? I am hoping to find someone with information ASAP. "Makor" wrote: > I am setting up an exchange 2003 system and was looking for guidance on how > to create resources that can be booked - like conference rooms as part of > meetings. Also, do I need to use Auto Accept...

Frequent file corruption in the documents and setting area
Since a month or so, I have frequent messages 'corrupted file, run chkdsk' after booting. The files concerned are ALWAYS in the 'documents and setting' directory, often temp files, or Norton 360 files. I am quite positive that the disk itself is sane (only 1 raw sector is reallocated in SMART). Any idea from what area could the problem come ? I do have units up to K (2 physical units), and only this directory ever get corrupted on G (system XP pro) Thanks -- Jean Paulo "Jean-Paulo" <jean.paulo@free.fr> responded in News item ...