how do why update my Excel microsoft office

how do why update my Excel microsoft office
0
SAM4137 (239)

If you have office 5, you probably would want to update

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"sam" <sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> how do why update my Excel microsoft office

0
Don

How do I stop zeros from plotting in Excel 2003 Chart
I have data that plots as zeros. This clutters up any trend analysis. Without manually removing all zero (x,y) plots, I want to not see them. Hi, If the data is the result of a formula then try using NA() instead of "" Something along the lines of =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,NA()) If not then I think more detail of your data is needed in order to understand why it plots *AS* zero. Cheers Andy rjett wrote: > I have data that plots as zeros. This clutters up any trend analysis. > Without manually removing all zero (x,y) plots, I want to not see them. -- Andy Pope, Micros...

Excel attach files cann't open formally in windows XP
My computer can not directly open the excel attach file through Outlook Express. But it can open other attach files like words, pagemaker and others..., Try Tools / Options / General and uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Ye Yan Aun...

Word 2007 and Microsoft Updates
There was an automatic update applied to my Vista 64 bit system, probably on 2/10 or 2/11. Word stopped working. If I wanted a word count it stopped responding, if I wanted to change the list for a Word merge operation it stopped responding, if I tried to open a document it would stop responding. I have restored my system to 2/9 and everything worked again. Last night Vista updated and Word was broken again. I've restored to 2/9 but I can't find any other discussion about the problems the update created. Any other users having the same problem? I have turned off a...

Office 2004 for MAC
Error when starting Word 2004... "You are working without a Word work file and memory is nearly full. Save your work." Discussion in progress on microsoft.public.mac.office.word newsgroup, please follow that thread. On 6/1/05 10:07 AM, "sab9mm@gmail.com" wrote: > Error when starting Word 2004... > > "You are working without a Word work file and memory is nearly full. > Save your work." > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volun...

Screen updating
Is there any way of changing the behaviour when a graph is activated; it turns white (my background is black). I tried the Screenupdating = false statement but it has no effect for this. Thks, Mark ...

Check these security pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--ckhltblgak Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nfxvsxzjaneavkg"; type="multipart/alternative" --nfxvsxzjaneavkg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vnurlkugyrxlm" --vnurlkugyrxlm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2025, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

check record size before update
I have a VB6 application using an ADODB.Recordset to write to an SQL server database. It generates the error below because the record size has exceeded the 8060 character limit. I know I can cancel the update after the update instruction, but I am wondering what code I may be able to use to check the record size before the update instruction to see if it will exceed the limit. Thank you for any help. -2147217885 microsoft odbc sql driver sql server cannot create a row of size 8294 which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8060 -- BruceL On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:09:01...

Excel #27
How do we obtain help on spreadsheet queries? We need to know how, if you enter a formula into a cell which changes the value in another cell how the changed value can be maintained in the second cell after deleting the amount entered into the first cell. Regards Dickey Hi Richard, Specifically you want a formula to be used and then you want that formula to change another cell and then for the formula to disappear. A formula cannot change the value in another cell. Try to explain what you want to do and what you have in a cell. It is unreasonable to try to answer a question that is ...

wonders of wonders & kudos to Ramanathan and his team at Microsoft
I recently posted a message with subject header "does VS C++ 2005 actually work????". Here's a upbeat followup to my tale of woe's. I called Microsoft support and to my surprise, I was soon contacted by Ramanathan Kathiresan from Microsoft. In short, Ramanathan has provided several 'private' patches, one of which corrected the intellisense and class view problems that I reported. I am still waiting for patches/solutions that will allow me to run my application (i.e. VS2005 cannot find certain MS DLLs). But, for the first time, I am optimistic that the pr...

Hyperlinks in excel #2
How do I stop excel from automatically inserting a hyperlink when I insert an email address in a cell? Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html it's written for MacXL, but the techniques work in WinXL as well. In article <03f101c3d9d5$051130e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Daryl" <coxdf@ornl.gov> wrote: > How do I stop excel from automatically inserting a > hyperlink when I insert an email address in a cell? Hi Daryl! In Excel 2002 and 2003 you can turn this off: Tools > AutoCorrect Options "AutoFormat as you type" Tab Remo...

Problem installing Office 2004 11.5.1 update
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Microsoft AutoUpdate notified me that the Office 2004 11.5.1 update was available.I easily downloaded the software, agreed to the terms & entered my password. Two boxes appeared: One indicated that it was "searching for programs to update" & the 2nd indicated that the software was being installed. A small colored circle kept spinning round & round. The software did not install & I had to force quit. I could not install the software using either AutoUpdate or manual update. Rebooting did not he...

Excel 2003 and backwards compatability
What has happend to Excel? When I open and old Excel XML file saved by Excel XP (2002), and saves it again as Excel XML in Excel 2003, the file is twice the orginal size... I am als� a litle bit concerned about backwards compatiblity, sence Excel 2004 is quite often telling med that it has changed the formulas and would like to re-save my old Excel 2002 spreadsheet. Is there perhaps a way to make Excel 2003 save in the Excel 2002 XML format, og a place (there must be a MVP with this speciality) where all the diferenties in the new file formats is layed out. /Thomas >>When I ope...

Excel viewer #5
Hi All, Somebody knows where could I download the excel viewer in spanish??, i couldn't find it in the download center it's only shows english , japenesse and others languages but no spanish language. Thanks for your help. have a nice day :-D Sussy, I trust you went to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=4eb83149-91da-4110-8595-4a960d3e1c7c and didn't find Spanish language listed. I note that neither French nor German are listed. Thinking or wondering out loud, does the English version allow you to switch among Spanish, French, Germa...

Compatibility between Excel XP and Previous Excel versions?
Is there a compatibility issue betwen Excel XP and previous versions of Excel? I recently installed XP and when I go to open my old Excel files (Office 2001) they open, but the cells are sized extremely large and the file is not workable. Thanks for your help. I went from office97 to office xp and didn't have any trouble. (Isn't office 2001 a Mac version?) If you meant office 2000. I bring files home from work (xl2k) and open them in xl2002 without any problem like this. ==== Just guesses... Is the zoom set the same (yeah, dumb question). Are your video drivers current? Ar...

Excel installation prlem
On 2004-May-Friday - 09:04:57 was mail.tsamercer.org ( Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) ) with the following IP 66.208.215.153 on your board Hi. I'm having a problem with a menu option in Excel 97. I am running Excel 97 in Windows 2000 Server with full admin rights. The following is a sequence of events which have led me to reqest help. I have a750 horse machine with 256 megs of RAM. I have two HD's, a 4. GB c: and 30 GB d:. I first installed Excel 97 on the d:. Whenever I attempted to open the option menu he program abended. I rebuilt the entire machine andinstaled...

default gridlines color in Excel?
When I call up Excel 2003 (Office 2003 Pro is installed), the horizontal gridlines show, but the vertical do not. If I go in and change the gridline color to black instead of Automatic, they appear both horizontal and vertical. How can I make this default gridline color permanent so I don't have to do it for every single spreadsheet I open? Thanks Rob As far as I know, the only why to have black gridlines in new workbooks/worksheets is to create a custom startup template that has that property set. If you search in Help on "Customize how Excel starts" you should find in...

Programmatically LINK Excel Tables
Hi, I have a project that performs simple comparative analysis on data contained in two static, archieved excel workbooks. I want to write some vba that will aid in the linking of the external tables, so people less familiar with Access can perform the analysis. I'd like like for the clicking of a command button to prompt the user to select which excel file they'd like to link (through the file select dialog box), then link the table to the database....seems pretty simple...i think. lol.\ Please help. see reply in your repost of this question. -- Ken...

VC++.Net and Excel Automation Sample Needed
Is there a location where I can download an example of how to use Excel 2002 and VC++.Net Automation to create an application. I found an example with Excel 2000 but the object libraries to import seem to be causing problems even when I change to the ones that I think should work. Any help would be appreciated. Michael Fox ...

need help with excel 2007
When I save a file in Excel 07 in an older format the file size is huge compared to the orginal. example. I open a excel 03 file in excel 07 and when saved with excel 07 the size of the file huge from 20kb to over 4megs. what can I do to fix this problem. the file has accounting type info with formulas if that helps Hi try saving the file as a a binary file (providing it doesn't contain any macros) Otherwise, Save as an . xslx file (i.e in nthe new 2007 format as opposed to in compatability mode) --- Rregards Roger Govier "MustangLX" <Biohazard1143@carolina.rr.co...

"Installing Components" in Excel 2003
Every so often, when I run Excel, I get a dialog that says it is "Installing Components." When it finishes, I can use Excel normally, however, I'm never told what was installed or why it was installed. What causes this? Can I change this behavior? Thanks! ...

Excel linked file from outlook
Hi, Is it possible to send an email to a work colleague, with a hyperlink to an Excel file located on the network? The receiving party could simply click on that link, and they would access the file. If it is possible, can someone explain how it works? Thanks Andr� Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/links.htm for some information on this "Andre Croteau" <milandre@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:0rPMb.10038$Wa.254@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Hi, > Is it possible to send an email to a work colleague, with a hyperlink to an > Excel file located on...

3D excel chart
As explained by Andy Pope I did a 3D excel chart and everything is OK. It is representing a 3D line to be more precise. I just want to go a step further and find a way to automatically adjust the minimum and maximum axis/cage data values to those which will be actually plotted. Is any way to do this? For example: I have data plotted those x,y,z values can be 500 or 5000. And since my cage/axis data is predefined to a fixed value (to accommodate bigger data), small data doesn’t look good in plot. TIA TIm Hi Tim, You can use MIN and MAX formula to determine the values of the ca...

How do I read and refreshes the information from the text file into an EXCEL SHEET,every time when I run macro
Hi Guys, Thanks for information. But I still need some more info about the problem. Actually I want that every time when I run the macro, it refreshes the information from the text file, from the following path (d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt) and display its contents on the Excel sheet. What steps I should done via MACRO in order to perform that operation? Best Regards Amit. Why not just macro-record your manual process ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Updates Failing When Stocks Included
I have Money 2007 Deluxe on Windows XP-SP3. Recently, I have been having the issue of downloads not working. When I tell it to download, the Account List just sits indefinitely at Update in Progess and eventually the update indicator at the top of the screen shows the failed status. I found that if I customize the updates to not include stocks and fund quotes, the update will work fine. All of the stocks and funds that I am updating have valid symbols and update on their own fine throughout the day. Any thoughts on what is going on here would be appreciated. Thanks, Merg -- Today...