How do print a chart with smooth lines?

I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with
smooth edges.  Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks
0
AmyC79 (1)

I've got the same question.  Is there any way to smooth the lines?

"AmyC79" wrote:

> I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with
> smooth edges.  Does anyone know how this is done?
>
> Thanks
0
smccarvi (3)
3/21/2007 2:38:18 PM
The only workaround I could come up with was to draw an elipse over the pie
chart.  I set the color in the middle of the elipe to no fill and made the
line thickness "2" to cover the jagged pie circle.

"AmyC79" wrote:

> I am trying to paste a pie chart in PowerPoint and print a pie chart with
> smooth edges.  Does anyone know how this is done?
>
> Thanks
0
smccarvi (3)

smooth area chart
When I make a line chart, there is a Smoothed Line option in the Format Data Series dialog box. But when I make an area chart, the line that forms the top of the area is jagged. Is there anyway to smooth the top of the area chart or other way to get the desired smoothed area chart? Like a smoothed line with shading underneath. Thanks. ...

Stacked Line-Column Graph
I was wondering if anyone could help me make a Line-Column Graph that has stacked columns. There are to be 3 data series that are stacked column format and 1 that is line format Thanks Luke Create a stacked column chart from all the data. Right-click on the series that you want as a Line In the shortcut menu, choose Chart Type Select the Line chart type, and one of the subtypes Click OK Jon Peltier has information on creating your own combination charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboChart1.html Lucas Guarino wrote: > I was wondering if anyone could help me make a...

Charting in Access-challenge
Hi, I have a problem with combining excel charts with access database. All my tables in access have date in first column and some numeric data in the others. I managed to draw the chart but I have problems with axis. y axis should be the value of the bars (data from the tables) and I constantly get dates. Id number column is used for the x axis. Everything is mixed and i don't know how to change all that. I need x axis to be date, y axis to be value and the bars in the chart to represent series that are made from other columns of the table. I can do all this in excel, but i need help wit...

If/then to print text.
I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in the formula. Shadyhosta wrote: > I want to use a formula so that when a value over zero is put into one cell, > a line of text prints in another cell. I know it is an if then function, but > I've forgotten the exact formula and the way to encode the text message in > the formula. Try this: =IF(A1>0,"print this text","prin...

Normalize the second pie in a pie of pie chart
I have Excel 2003. I'd like to have the second pie in a pie of pie chart represent 100% of the slice it details. Currently, the slices in the second pie show their percentage of the 1st pie not their percentage of the slice they come from. One of my clients insists that the second pie show percent of the slice they detail not percent of the original pie. Other than creating separate pie charts, is there a way for Excel to normalize the percentages in the second pie. Thanks, Judy H Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's article on Pie of Pie. mmmh pie! :) http://pubs.logicalexpressio...

Cannot print Shaded fonts
I'm pretty sure I've done this hundreds of times, maybe in older versions of Excel, but when I pick a greyscale shade for font colors, the printer prints and preview shows it as black 100%. Windows XP pro, Excel 2002, HP laserjet 4 Can't seem to find any setting that is preventing this. Thanks, Buddy G Hi Buddy, applies per worksheet: File, Page Setup, Sheets, turn off Print Black & White Also look at disability option Q320531 -- OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed, Incorrect/missing colors may occur with use of High Contrast under Displa...

macro: save w/ new name and print
Hey, I assigned a macro to a button in my worksheet on the basis of som advice that I got in this forum (see macro below). The macro saves the current workbook on c:\ and gives it a new filenam with a date/time stamp. However, I want the macro to do the following additional things now: -Save the file in the current directory, without me specifying tha path in the macro -Also include first and lastname of user (contained in cell A1 and B1 in the filename. Also, I want a second version of that macro which -prints a specified sheet (called "output") while/after closing. Any help ...

Changing printed image size
I'm new to Publisher 2007. I'm trying to make a simple ad to put in a newspaper and have used "The Works" template in Advertisements. I used custom size and changed it to 3"x3" to fit the publications 3"x3" ad layout size spec. When I print the ad the printed image is only 2"x2". What am I doing wrong and how do I get the printed image upsized to 3"x3"? Thanks! -- Jake ...

Looking for a method to print only those worksheets that the user has entered data into
Hi everyone I have a workbook that has 7 worksheets un-hidden. Of those, each has a limited number of cells that are un-protected. Each sheet prints to a single page. The user can enter data on one, some or all of the sheets. Is there a short-cut method that would allow the user to (at a single click) print all of the sheets that have user-input data and not any of those that are left 'blank' TI rp Hi not possible without VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "rpw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:732719CD-1559-4CD1-B0...

How do I disable the advanced printing features permanently?
Everytime I print an document, the information comes out backwards (mirror image) of what I entered. I've tried disabling the Advanced Printing Features but it always defaults to mirror image. I can't see how that would be an Excel issue. I would think a printer issue. From where do you access the Advanced Printing Features? On my HP Photosmart printer I access through Printer Properties. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:48:04 -0800, Dolores <Dolores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everytime I print an document, the information co...

Problem print an email
My brother can not print our emails. he is using Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 and i am using Outlook 2000, SP-3. I am the only person he gets email from that will not print. my format is Plain Text, and it is just words--no pix, nothing special. i assume there is something on my end which keeps him from printing. can someone help me out?? thanks, ron Please insert an E between the n & t, to reply via email. rondi <rdiehl@sandpoint.nt> wrote: > My brother can not print our emails. he is using Microsoft Outlook > Express 6.00.2900.2180 and i am using Outl...

how do I hide freeze pane lines
I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is it possible. You can click and drag the lines to the top or left (or top-left) margin of the screen, then reset the freeze by landing the cell pointer on the appropriate cell and clicking >Window >Freeze Panes. I don't think you can hide that line. Exel Help Needed wrote: > > I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is > it possible. -- Dave Peterson My error- I thought the OP was talking about the grey "Split" lines. ...

print multiple worksheets on one page
I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can this be done? Take a look at this web site - it says it can be done and even shows you how: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0998_Printing_Multiple_Worksheets_on_a_Single_Page.html Al "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can > this be done? Try this, it might be helpful http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548301033.aspx "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one pa...

Include Row number to print
Hi Expert, How could I include the row number in my printing? Thanks for your help. One thing more, Can I copy the row number only to another sheet? "Rechie" wrote: > Hi Expert, > > How could I include the row number in my printing? > > Thanks for your help. The ROW() function will return the row number. =ROW() will always return the current row number =ROW(A5) will return the row number of the referenced cell (5 in this case) on another sheet you could use something like: =ROW('First Sheet Name'!A5) which would return 5 also. &qu...

Charts and Value Axis positions
I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my value axis is on the right hand side of my chart and I need it back on the left hand side. Does anyone know what I should do? I am using Office 2000. Double click on the category axis, and on the scale tab, select an appropriate value for "Value axis crosses at". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Ladybug wrote: > I copied a worksheet (excel) with Charts and changed the source data. Now my > ...

Help with "base unit" in chart axis
I have two charts. In one, when I go to "format axis" I can enter the min and max scale as dates and the entry remains as dates when I come back. I can also set the "base unit" a major and minor grid line in days, weeks, months, etc. The second chart, I do not have a base unit drop down box, and although I can enter dates in the max and min in date format and they work, when I come back the entries are in days since the start of time (38353 in 1/1/2005) And I cannot specify the units of major and minor grid lines, they are just units. Which makes it awkward for minor gi...

Preventing a file from being printed?
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 in work and have a file that I need to post on the network, but don't want people to be able to print the file. Does anyone have any ideas? I apologize if this is not the proper forum for this question. Thanks, Mike You might be able to stop the users from doing a print, but I bet any suggestion would involve macros and/or events. And macros and events can be disabled and that suggestion wouldn't work. There's no good way to stop printing in excel. Michael Slater wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm using Excel 2003 in work and have a f...

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

can you print your address book with photos?
I want to print a directory for the members of a club and wanted to include a photograph, but I cannot figure out how to add the photo that I already have in their contact information into the booklet. No, the photo does not print. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll:...

Cash flow forecast chart does not display
Recently my cash flow forecast would not display. I googled the issue and found a solution which sounded reasonable: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/6ab159f49fe90e58/84f31b41ac5d1529?lnk=st&q=microsoft+money+cash+forecast+will+not+open&rnum=2&hl=en#84f31b41ac5d1529 However, I was disappointed when the problem persisted even after following the instructions which had to do with a possible broken bill or deposit. All scheduled bills and deposits were deleted and the cash flow forecast did not correct itself. I figured out what was causing...

Can i print copy numbers?
At my job we must print copies of databases and keep track of them. We only print 100 copies at a time. Is there a way to make it automaticly put "1 of 100" or "copy 1 of 100" in the footer?? You could run a little macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 1 To 3 '100 when you're ready With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.RightFooter = "Copy " & iCtr & " of 100" .PrintOut preview:=True 'false when you're ready End With Next iCtr End Sub I used 1 to 3 and pri...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

Great Plains 6 Prints reports lightly
We have an issue with the printing from Great plains being a good bit lighter than normal print from the same printers. Does anyone know what could cause this or where i could find settings for the printer in GP6? ...

Ignoring Line Breaks in Outlook XP
I have unchecked the option "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". Now in the preview pane, Outlook is displaying a message "This message has extra line breaks. Click here". I don't care if the message has extra line breaks. I don't want to enable the option that removes the extra line break automatically as this is slowing me down. So how do I stop Outlook from displaying the message in the preview pane? Thanks, Ashok. "Ashok" <ashoktamil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:db81e684.0405260942.6ccb4037@posting.google.com... >I have...

Script Error When Printing.. Error: Object Expected
Hello All, Our CRM application uses the isv.config to create a navbar item which redirects the user to a custom developed .aspx page within CRM. Since this is our purchase page we wish to allow the user's to right click on this page and select print ( allowing them to hardcopy track purchases) Whenever this is attempted, regardless of page, a series of script errors occur in internet explorer. Line:40 / 161 / 38 / 24 .. Error Object Expected. Error RemoteCommand is undefined.. I have tried debuggin this using vs.net, but have been unable to get anywhere. Does anyone know of a ...