How do make a line correspond to date

I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) date 
line that corresponds to today's date.
-- 
DMM
0
soconfused (21)
5/22/2007 2:38:02 PM
excel.charting 18370 articles. 0 followers. Follow

7 Replies
426 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
>I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) 
>date
> line that corresponds to today's date.
> -- 
> DMM 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/23/2007 9:01:41 PM
Hi Jon,

I appreciate the input, but I may be doing somehting wrong because I keep 
getting another horizontal line.  Below is a sample of what I'm trying to do.


92215------value---value----------------value
92364--value------------------------value------------value
78952------------------value--value--value------value

5/1  5/31  6/1  6/30  7/1  7/31  8/1  8/31

If you can imagine the Y axis is a text and the values whole numbers.  The X 
axis are dates (formulated).  

When I try to run your program, I am getting a bar at the end of each line.  
I'm sure I'm doing one little thing wrong, but I can't find it.

DMM


"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
> 
> 
> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
> >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend) 
> >date
> > line that corresponds to today's date.
> > -- 
> > DMM 
> 
> 
> 
0
soconfused (21)
5/24/2007 12:20:02 PM
The bar might just be the series being added. You need to select the bar, go 
to Chart menu > Chart Type, and change it to an XY type. The article should 
help with the rest of the procedure.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BFBC3D5A-36E4-4842-81F2-F1489AD36F95@microsoft.com...
> Hi Jon,
>
> I appreciate the input, but I may be doing somehting wrong because I keep
> getting another horizontal line.  Below is a sample of what I'm trying to 
> do.
>
>
> 92215------value---value----------------value
> 92364--value------------------------value------------value
> 78952------------------value--value--value------value
>
> 5/1  5/31  6/1  6/30  7/1  7/31  8/1  8/31
>
> If you can imagine the Y axis is a text and the values whole numbers.  The 
> X
> axis are dates (formulated).
>
> When I try to run your program, I am getting a bar at the end of each 
> line.
> I'm sure I'm doing one little thing wrong, but I can't find it.
>
> DMM
>
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>
>>
>> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend)
>> >date
>> > line that corresponds to today's date.
>> > -- 
>> > DMM
>>
>>
>> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/24/2007 12:54:22 PM
Okay, I have the line, but now I am having trouble getting it straight by date.
-- 
DMM


"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> The bar might just be the series being added. You need to select the bar, go 
> to Chart menu > Chart Type, and change it to an XY type. The article should 
> help with the rest of the procedure.
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
> 
> 
> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:BFBC3D5A-36E4-4842-81F2-F1489AD36F95@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Jon,
> >
> > I appreciate the input, but I may be doing somehting wrong because I keep
> > getting another horizontal line.  Below is a sample of what I'm trying to 
> > do.
> >
> >
> > 92215------value---value----------------value
> > 92364--value------------------------value------------value
> > 78952------------------value--value--value------value
> >
> > 5/1  5/31  6/1  6/30  7/1  7/31  8/1  8/31
> >
> > If you can imagine the Y axis is a text and the values whole numbers.  The 
> > X
> > axis are dates (formulated).
> >
> > When I try to run your program, I am getting a bar at the end of each 
> > line.
> > I'm sure I'm doing one little thing wrong, but I can't find it.
> >
> > DMM
> >
> >
> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> >> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
> >>
> >> - Jon
> >> -------
> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> >> _______
> >>
> >>
> >> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical (trend)
> >> >date
> >> > line that corresponds to today's date.
> >> > -- 
> >> > DMM
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
soconfused (21)
5/24/2007 2:45:01 PM
Did you change it to an XY type? Not a line type.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:6097CEBD-BB95-4ED1-B48C-E75884762ED8@microsoft.com...
> Okay, I have the line, but now I am having trouble getting it straight by 
> date.
> -- 
> DMM
>
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> The bar might just be the series being added. You need to select the bar, 
>> go
>> to Chart menu > Chart Type, and change it to an XY type. The article 
>> should
>> help with the rest of the procedure.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>
>>
>> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:BFBC3D5A-36E4-4842-81F2-F1489AD36F95@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Jon,
>> >
>> > I appreciate the input, but I may be doing somehting wrong because I 
>> > keep
>> > getting another horizontal line.  Below is a sample of what I'm trying 
>> > to
>> > do.
>> >
>> >
>> > 92215------value---value----------------value
>> > 92364--value------------------------value------------value
>> > 78952------------------value--value--value------value
>> >
>> > 5/1  5/31  6/1  6/30  7/1  7/31  8/1  8/31
>> >
>> > If you can imagine the Y axis is a text and the values whole numbers. 
>> > The
>> > X
>> > axis are dates (formulated).
>> >
>> > When I try to run your program, I am getting a bar at the end of each
>> > line.
>> > I'm sure I'm doing one little thing wrong, but I can't find it.
>> >
>> > DMM
>> >
>> >
>> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>> >
>> >> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
>> >>
>> >> - Jon
>> >> -------
>> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> >> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> >> _______
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical 
>> >> >(trend)
>> >> >date
>> >> > line that corresponds to today's date.
>> >> > -- 
>> >> > DMM
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/24/2007 6:37:58 PM
Yes, I did.  I think the problem is with my data    

05/24/06  0
05/24/06  0
05/24/06  0

I would like the line to move with today's date.  I know it's some really 
stupid I'm doing.  Thanks for all your help thus far.      
-- 
DMM


"Jon Peltier" wrote:

> Did you change it to an XY type? Not a line type.
> 
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> _______
> 
> 
> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:6097CEBD-BB95-4ED1-B48C-E75884762ED8@microsoft.com...
> > Okay, I have the line, but now I am having trouble getting it straight by 
> > date.
> > -- 
> > DMM
> >
> >
> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >
> >> The bar might just be the series being added. You need to select the bar, 
> >> go
> >> to Chart menu > Chart Type, and change it to an XY type. The article 
> >> should
> >> help with the rest of the procedure.
> >>
> >> - Jon
> >> -------
> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> >> _______
> >>
> >>
> >> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:BFBC3D5A-36E4-4842-81F2-F1489AD36F95@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi Jon,
> >> >
> >> > I appreciate the input, but I may be doing somehting wrong because I 
> >> > keep
> >> > getting another horizontal line.  Below is a sample of what I'm trying 
> >> > to
> >> > do.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > 92215------value---value----------------value
> >> > 92364--value------------------------value------------value
> >> > 78952------------------value--value--value------value
> >> >
> >> > 5/1  5/31  6/1  6/30  7/1  7/31  8/1  8/31
> >> >
> >> > If you can imagine the Y axis is a text and the values whole numbers. 
> >> > The
> >> > X
> >> > axis are dates (formulated).
> >> >
> >> > When I try to run your program, I am getting a bar at the end of each
> >> > line.
> >> > I'm sure I'm doing one little thing wrong, but I can't find it.
> >> >
> >> > DMM
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
> >> >>
> >> >> - Jon
> >> >> -------
> >> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> >> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
> >> >> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
> >> >> _______
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >> news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
> >> >> >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical 
> >> >> >(trend)
> >> >> >date
> >> >> > line that corresponds to today's date.
> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> > DMM
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
soconfused (21)
5/24/2007 6:47:00 PM
Well, today is 05/24/07, so you may be off by 365 days  :-)

You could simply put =TODAY() into the cells, and they'll update whenever 
you open the file.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
_______


"soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E73E417A-79E1-4B02-B8B4-35C769C825F5@microsoft.com...
> Yes, I did.  I think the problem is with my data
>
> 05/24/06  0
> 05/24/06  0
> 05/24/06  0
>
> I would like the line to move with today's date.  I know it's some really
> stupid I'm doing.  Thanks for all your help thus far.
> -- 
> DMM
>
>
> "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>
>> Did you change it to an XY type? Not a line type.
>>
>> - Jon
>> -------
>> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> _______
>>
>>
>> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:6097CEBD-BB95-4ED1-B48C-E75884762ED8@microsoft.com...
>> > Okay, I have the line, but now I am having trouble getting it straight 
>> > by
>> > date.
>> > -- 
>> > DMM
>> >
>> >
>> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>> >
>> >> The bar might just be the series being added. You need to select the 
>> >> bar,
>> >> go
>> >> to Chart menu > Chart Type, and change it to an XY type. The article
>> >> should
>> >> help with the rest of the procedure.
>> >>
>> >> - Jon
>> >> -------
>> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> >> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> >> _______
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:BFBC3D5A-36E4-4842-81F2-F1489AD36F95@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Hi Jon,
>> >> >
>> >> > I appreciate the input, but I may be doing somehting wrong because I
>> >> > keep
>> >> > getting another horizontal line.  Below is a sample of what I'm 
>> >> > trying
>> >> > to
>> >> > do.
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > 92215------value---value----------------value
>> >> > 92364--value------------------------value------------value
>> >> > 78952------------------value--value--value------value
>> >> >
>> >> > 5/1  5/31  6/1  6/30  7/1  7/31  8/1  8/31
>> >> >
>> >> > If you can imagine the Y axis is a text and the values whole 
>> >> > numbers.
>> >> > The
>> >> > X
>> >> > axis are dates (formulated).
>> >> >
>> >> > When I try to run your program, I am getting a bar at the end of 
>> >> > each
>> >> > line.
>> >> > I'm sure I'm doing one little thing wrong, but I can't find it.
>> >> >
>> >> > DMM
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Jon Peltier" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html
>> >> >>
>> >> >> - Jon
>> >> >> -------
>> >> >> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
>> >> >> Tutorials and Custom Solutions
>> >> >> Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com
>> >> >> _______
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
>> >> >> message
>> >> >> news:ADC1BD32-DF02-4A7F-B074-DCBBA9D0AAFD@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> >I have a chart with horizontal bars and I want to put a vertical
>> >> >> >(trend)
>> >> >> >date
>> >> >> > line that corresponds to today's date.
>> >> >> > -- 
>> >> >> > DMM
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>>
>>
>> 


0
jonxlmvpNO (4558)
5/24/2007 7:34:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How do I create line borders with rounded edges in Publisher 2002
Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and configure (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge even greater if I can also control the level of 'roundness'. What you want is a graphics program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "raydo" <raydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC14D74F-5693-47D5-A61F-818037BEB209@microsoft.com... > Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and > configure > (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge ...

How do i make a jpeg pop up on mouse over?
I want to make staff photos pop up when you mouse over on an org chart.. I assume this is easy but dont know how to do it?! Not so easy if you don't write few line of code VBA or other. The idea is - make your shape, - insert your image , - transform the shape and the image to a group - make the image of the group invisible with a user action a popup menu (without line of code, only with section action) drag mouse event over the shape mananging the mouse x and y (need line of code and not so easy) "leigh sanders" <leigh sanders@discussions.micro...

Date Scaling Issue
I have created an x-y scatter chart that has dates along the x-axis (mm/dd/yy). The first date on the chart does not correspond to the first date in my source data! When I go to change the min scale for the x-axis instead of seeing a starting date I see a huge number(38790) that in no way seems to corralate with my data (03/14/06) (note that my end point in this scaling section is also a large number). My data cells that are used for this x-axis data have been formated to be dates. I do want gaps between my dates that match how much time has passed (if possible), but I do not want my da...

Incoorrect date formats in Excel 2000
H I'm inporting a .txt file into excel. Some of the dates are coming across correctly i.e. DD/MM/YYYY however some come through in a different format (MM/DD/YYYY). I've checked the format of the cell and it's the same as the cells that are working correctly. I've even tried a paste special and just pasted the format but it doesn't seem to change anything. Any idea's would be appreciated!! If it's a .txt file, don't you get the import wizard to open up? And then you can specify the correct format for each field--including mdy or dmy. JimPNicholls wrote: > ...

Changing trend lines with macro
Hi Has anyone ever worked out a way of changing trend lines (from sa linear to moving average) using a macro -- Brisbane Ro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Brisbane Rob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56345 Turn on the macro recorder (Tools | Macro > Record new macro...), make the change through the UI, turn off the recorder, and switch to the VBE. XL will have generated the necessary code that you can customize/generalize as ...

Setting every text object in a detail line to bold.
I want to set all the text objects in the detail line to bold depending on a condition of one of those objects. For example, If txtExpired.Text <> "Current" Then txtExpired.FontBold = 1 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. Else: txtExpired.FontBold = 0 : txtName.FontBold = 1 'etc. End If My question: Is there a syntax, of the form "For all objects in detail" that allows me to bold every text box in the detail line without setting each FontBold to 1 individually? If this is a Continuous form or datasheet, setting the properties like tha...

Sum values over range of dates
Need Help!!!! PLEASE! Here is the example... If I have a huge table of dates and values for those dates and need to sum based on a given date range, how do I sum it up? date 1 date 2 date 3 date 4 date 5 Sate 1 12 7 8 1 1 State 2 10 4 6 2 8 State 3 5 4 2 3 7 start date end date Sum would be??? Sate 1 2 5 17 State 2 1 3 20 State 3 2 4 9 But what is the formula I can use for this??? How can I set it up so I just need to change start and end dates and it will calculate automatically???? Please help! Thank You!!!! Assume: This data is in the range A1:F4. > date 1 date...

Make Outlook Express the default
Just got a new computer. Used my old Basic Office 2003 disc as I wanted Word and Excel. Everything worked in the transition except now I have Outlook as the default and I want to change to Outlook Express simply because I've used it for years. This must be simple but I can't find a place to do it -- How do I change Outlook over to OE? Thanks! Remove any account information in Outlook. Set OE as the preferred email client in IE. "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0699135F-3F4F-4911-B67B-6A301A450B21@microsoft.com... > Jus...

command line parameter in a MFC application
Hello! I'd like to give a command line parameter to my application. How can I access the given strings, because the winmain is not available? Thanks for any help.... Martin Hi, try the class CCommandLineInfo. Ralf Schneewei� http://www.oop-trainer.de "sulai" <sulaiborg@freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3f481802$0$1616$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de... > Hello! > > I'd like to give a command line parameter to my application. How can I > access the given strings, because the winmain is not > available? > > Thanks for any help.... Martin > ...

Selecting Lines not Shapes ... how?
I'm new to Visio 2003, but have had long experience with Visio before a Microsoft product. I want to select all Lines but not the shapes (or visa versa). I can't find this level of control in Visio 2003. Is it available somewhere, or in controlled by a setting (or macro)? My hunch this not available. If this true, then then why was this ever removed? -- Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms What method did you select lines in a previous Visio version? I'm not aware of one. If your line are on a different layer than the other shapes in the drawing, you can cho...

MLK b-day as holiday date
hi, i need a function to calculate what date would be the 3rd monday in January for a given year. can this be done w/o arrays? thanks -- ______ Regards, Greg Try this... =DATE(A1,1,22)-WEEKDAY(DATE(A1,1,6)) The general formula is: =DATE(year,month,1+N*7)-WEEKDAY(DATE(year,month,8-day_of_week)) Where: N = the nth weekday (3 for the 3rd Monday) day_of_week = a number from 1 to 7. 1 = Sunday thru 7 = Saturday -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95E9B150-2CA6-4143-8453-63FA6DA260...

Remove current date from an email printout
I'm trying to print a collection of HTML-formatted emails; but when I print I always get the current date on the bottom left hand corner of the printout. I've tried going into the page setup and removing the header/footer, but it still comes out when it's printed. This only occurs on HTML formatted emails - Outlook seems to use a different style when printing plain text. (I get a different option form when setting up plain text than when I'm doing HTML) Anyone know of a way to get rid of that troublesome date at the bottom? It won't go away! I'm using Outlook 2003...

Date changes in data
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column which is required. The spreadsheet is then uploaded for a conversion into another software product we use. This date column is only for the year. When we enter the date such as 2010 and format the column as custom, yyyy, it will change the date to 1905. We have tried changing the format to text, general, all with the same outcome. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb 2010 is not a date. Excel treats it as the serial number for the date of July 02, 1905 which is 2009 days after 1/1/1900 Why not just leave 2010 as is with no formatting?...

re:error in installing kb955706 from vista up date
any solution about the error so that it can be install successfully what error? arthur wrote: > any solution about the error so that it can be install successfully Arthur, Please always state which Windows edition and Service Pack level ? and what version of Internet Explorer? as it often does make a difference - Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From version 9) (Included in anti...

Error 3464 Data type mismatch in criteria expression for between 2 dates look up
I am receiving a Runtime Error 3464 Data type mismatch in criteria expression. This form worked prior and now does not work. Below is the code. During Debugging the (DoCmd.OpenReport strReport, acViewPreview, , strWhere) is highlighted. Please Help. Private Sub btn_UpdatedReportBuild_Click() Dim strReport As String 'Name of report to Open. Dim strField As String 'Name of date field. Dim strWhere As String 'Where condition for OpenReport. Const conDateFormat = "\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#" strReport = "rptCourses" strField = "tblcourse.Dat...

Blank lines on line input
Hi I'm using a recordset to read a text file and input the data into an access 2000 table. My problem is I want the line input to treat a blank line as eof, there is information after the blank line but I don't need to import it. This is my code Function ap1() Dim Filepath As String Dim Currentfile As String Dim rs As DAO.Recordset ' Database Dim fh As Integer ' File handle Dim lc As Long ' Line counter Dim ln As String ' Actual line Dim sp As Long ' Position of first space Dim thefile As S...

how do i sort dates by months and not years?
I have two columns. One with dates and one with names: 09/22/77 Jane Doe I'm trying to sort these by months so I can keep track of people's birthdays. Is there a way to do that? Thanks! One way, in a third adjacent column enter =MONTH{A1) assuming the date is in column A then sort the range by that column, Regards, Alan. "A Homeschool Mom" <A Homeschool Mom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1A68119-E817-4BA5-8700-E01899997A12@microsoft.com... >I have two columns. One with dates and one with names: > > 09/22/77 Jane Doe > &g...

Line Graph Excluding 0 Values
Dear, I have plotted a line graph consisting the data for the entire month. The data range is getting calculated automatically by a formula. 1 Dec - 100 2 Dec - 105 3 Dec - 0 4 Dec - 0 So on... The data for the days starting from 3 Dec is zero and the line graph suddenly goes down to zero... Is there any way that the line graph picks the data excluding the zero values? I mean the line graph should only take the data for 1 Dec and 2 Dec without changing the data range. Thank you. one way might be to hide columns for 3 Dec, 4 Dec etc. On 2 Gru, 08:19, Sasikiran ...

Cannot make any changs on server
Every time I try and make a change, or publish something on my test server, I receive this error message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have set the web config file to give more details on errors, but it does not give anything more than this for the error. I cannot find any problems in the event logs of the servers. I have even restarted the, to no avail. Does anyone know what could suddently cause this problem? Hi Saira, In the web.config, did you change <add key="DevErrors" value="Off" /> from &...

How do I make landline phone calls via Outlook 2007?
Outlook 2007 has the facility to dial the phone number of an Outlook Contact but I presume that this requires some hardware ( a phone modem?). Can anyone please explain, or point me to a URL that explains, how I can make the facility work? I sense that I will need to know:- 1. What hardware I will need. 2. Where I can buy that hardware. 3. Whether I will need software additional to Outlook 2007 Any help would be gratefully received. Outlook has no such facility. You must provide a voice modem and the software to support it to dial and talk from your PC. Whether that third party s...

how can i make a in-process report that can be accessed by severa.
i need to set up an in-process report that can be accessed by several users at once, in which every user can input data without shutting down the workbooks on the remaining computer so that the one user can do his inputting. Hi you could use 'Tools - share workbook' BUT: - several functions are then no longer available (see Excêl's help for details' - IMHO Excel is NOT designed for multi-user access. Use a database application instead -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E5B2A371-4...

block by subject line
Is there a way to block emails by subject line from the Exchange 2003 server without add-ons? Regards, Mark On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 08:25:46 -0400, "Mark" <canadaone@rogers.com> wrote: >Is there a way to block emails by subject line from the Exchange 2003 server >without add-ons? > >Regards, > >Mark > No. Exchange has some connection/recipient filtering capability however. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823866 "How to configure connection filtering to use Realtime Block Lists (RBLs) and how to configure recipient filter...

Graphing a line on a stock chart??
I've created stock chart (the one with bars) using the high, low, an close of the stock price. I'd like to add another data series and grap it in a line format rather than the type being used by the stock chart I can't figure out how to do it using the wizard. Is it possible? I not through the wizard, can it be done through VBA? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a series to a stock chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#OHLCplus PropKid < wrote: > I've created stock chart (the ...

Date Fill Series
We want to find an easy way to populate cells with the dates of our four-day Monday-Thursday work week for an entire year. For example, 8/263 8/24, 8/25, 8/26. The following week dates are 8/30, 8/31, 9/1, 9/2. I have been trying to use the fill series with no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated. If this is something you don't have to do a lot of, you could just go ahead and fill for the entire year.........then sort by Day of the week, and then delete the Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays.........then resort by date Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "S. Neese" <anonymous@di...

How to make 1 change to many contacts?
I was making a "common change" to multiple contacts using the directions provided by Microsoft's site. I sorted the contacts by category, selected the grouping bar for the category I wanted to change, and dragged the contacts to the category I wanted it to become. Outlook is supposed to automatically apply the change to all of the items in the old category. It gave the contacts 2 categories. I will still have to open 300 contacts individually to get rid of the old category. Is there another way to make a the same change to multiple contacts? Veronica wrote: > I wa...