how do I subtract years and then divide

I am trying to subtract date hired from today's date and then divide the
difference by 365

0
Crystal (38)

try this where cell a15 contains the date hired.

=(today()-a15)/365

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"crystal" <crystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to subtract date hired from today's date and then divide the
> difference by 365

0
Don

Am I able to sort dates by month rather than year in excel?
I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. Just an example: If a date is in A1 and the rest of the column, then in B1 enter =MONTH(A1) and copy down Then sort by column B -- Gary's Student "Ruth k." wrote: > I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by > the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. ...

Value keyed becomes divided by 100

Month & Year Text to Date Format
Hi, I need some help as i'm stuck... I have a cell which has the number 4 in it (meaning April). I also have another cell which has the number 2010 in it (as text as it is concatenated from having the 20 manually added to the mid of another number giving the 10 part). So basically cell A1 has the number 4 in it, Cell B1 has the number 2010 in it. How do I get these 2 together to give me a date format of 01/04/2010 in an Excel recognisable date format to use in a vlookup with another preformatted date cell? Any help greatly appreciated! Hi =DATE(B1,A1,1) Reg...

Fiscal Year Settings #2
My company has two business units operating on two different fiscal years. Can I tie FY settings individually to each unit? If not, how do I handle it? Thanks for any advice. I would be curious to see how you resolve this, however the FY settings are organizational in nature. A better approach might be to go with CRM 4.0 and instead of BU's, use Organizations (where you can set the FY per Org). If you need to share data across Orgs, then you might want to consider a replication scheme. This is not elegant unfortunately.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "NancyR" wrote:...

need age in future year
I'm a new user and need help. I have a column with dates of birth (xx/xx/xx) and want to know the age (in years only) that each person will be by the end of 2010. Then I want to indicate "yes" if they will be 65 or older by that time. Thanks! -- MEJ Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of the person on line 2, enter the formula D$1-D2 in Cell E2 Format Cell E2 to be Custom and use the masking of YY Put the measurement in a cell (i'll use D1) Put the DOB in Cells D2 and below To calculate the age of ...

How can I maintain Outlook calendar items for more than one year..
They auto delete after one year and I want to keep them for a longer period of time. Thanks, turn off autoarchive at Tools | Options | Other | Autoarchive. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CC3126-90BB-4ABA-95C0-2698F2CF1B93@microsoft.com... > They auto delete after one year and I want to keep them for a longer > period > of time. > > Thanks, ...

Year view?
How do I get a full Year view in Outlook 2002 please? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE@THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote: >How do I get a full Year view in Outlook 2002 please? No one? Is it impossible? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK There is nothing built into Outlook to show a full year view. There is at least one add-in listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm that will do it -- Outlook Year View Control. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to pre...

PO Extended Price divided by Quantity
Could it be possible to introduce the extended cost and dividing it by quantity to get the item cost, instead of having to calculate the single cost of an item manually and multiplying this for the quantity to get the extended cost?, I think it'll make things easier when your costs changes often. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micros...

Help: Budget doesn't load bills for entire year
Budget reports only show the bill from the month it was created August and forward. Since I just upgraded from Quicken, all of the bills were paid before this month. How can I make money realize that the budget should include these as well. ...

Year View in Outlook 2007
Is there a template or some way to get a "year at a glance" view in Outlook 2007? -- Thanks, Wingman Microsoft Office Calendar Printing Assistant has a Yearly template Wingman wrote: > Is there a template or some way to get a "year at a glance" view in Outlook > 2007? Yes, make the to-do bar or nav pane wider. See http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/yearlycal/yearlycal.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ma...

annualize sales for remainder of year
I have a figure for YTD Sales and am trying to calculate estimated annualized sales off of this. And, this will change monthly as sales managers update their YTD sales to actual for the prior month end. Mathematically, the formula would be: YTD Sales + ((YTD Sales/# whole months passed) (# whole months remaining in year)). Any suggestions? You have not given us any clue as to how we know the number of month's of data that has been entered. a) if this is based on the current date; let N moths have passed then your formula =ytd +(ytd/N)*(12-N) which is the same as 12*y...

Set date field year to 2005
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet of dates, EG: '10/09/1983', '03/08/1985'. I need to change these all to be in the year 2005, so '10/09/1983' becomes '10/09/2005'. I assumed it would be a case of just doing a custom format DD MMMM 2005 but this doesn't work. Is there an easy worksheet function to do this or will I need to write a macro? Cheers, Chris If it's a one timer you can use formulas =DATE(2005,MONTH(A1),Day(A1)) will take the date in A1 and change the year to 2005 then you can just copy and paste special as values over the old dates, finally...

year 1980
Hello, Today i have received an email message with date 12/09/2006. In a few minutes, the year changed to 1980 year, what is it caused? thanks a lot "john aloisi" <xabiss@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OaoVLpp1GHA.1588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Today i have received an email message with date 12/09/2006. In a few > minutes, the year changed to 1980 year, what is it caused? > > thanks a lot > Virus? Bobby ...

How do I add items within the last year
=sumproduct(--(year(a1:a10)=2005),b1:b10) Adjust your range to match, but don't use the whole column. =sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- converts trues and falses to 1's and 0's. Kevbro7189 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Financial TB for multiple years
Hi All Has anybody been asked to create a TB covering multiple years? i.e. one report that shows both 2008 and 2009 detailed financial TB data on it? I am pretty sure this can't be done using the standard GP trial balances so am looking either to SmartList or to FRx with a new Column Layout. I am not an accountant so I don't know whether this is something that would be required often or not, any input anybody has on either how to create this or whether you've been asked for it before would be much appreciated. Thanks FRx is the way to go. This may not be exac...

Tracking loan last year; importing time tracking items
1. I am not able to set up a loan account to track my loan which started last year. Money allows me to track only from the beginning of the current year. 2. I have a bunch of 'time tracking' items in a spreadsheet which I would like to import into Money SB for association with invoices, but understand that it is not possible. Are there solutions to these problems? TIA. 1) Set the date back on your computer just long enough to create the loan account. Why Money enforces this piece of mindlessness is a question for the ages. 2) I have no clue. I don't use SB. Next to nobody ...

Service Calendar (3.0)
Hello all, I've commented on this many times before and for an entire year i've been attempting to get some resolution to the issue. I went through the White paper on CRM optimization and did everythign that i'm capable of with Server limitations, etc. I downloaded one off the record (make a request) update for CRM not included in the rollups, and most recently i've downloaded another but have not installed it yet, but will (The update regarding many people saving activities while people are trying to view activities and getting a sql timeout error). To this day, eve...

Money 2006 Canadian Edition won't Forcast CashFlow they removed the feature unannounced this year
Hello, I am having fun ... microsoft has made the US deluxe version incompatable with the Canadian version of Money and as of yet they are not producing a Deluxe version for Canadian users. Every two years I get the new version of MS Money for Canadian users and this year they decided to pull out the 'forecast cashflow' feature unannounced. That feature was the main reason (only reason almost) that I was purchasing MS Money. I have gotten useful reports out of MS Money 2006 Canadian version, but every time I restart it the useful reports seem to get deleted from my favorites ...

Money 2005 Delux runs too slowly: after many years of upgrading
I have been using Money since 1996. I have upgraded each year, each time upgrading the file. I also archive all trasactions from Jan 1 - Dec 31. This program runs very slowly even without all the extra transactions. I can't figure it out. I download transactions and it takes forever for them to show up in the register. When I accept them, it takes forever for that to take. This was also the case in Money 2004. Are there any reccomendations? Should I start a new file and import the tranactions? HELP In microsoft.public.money, AMW wrote: >I have been using Money since 1996. I...

emails appearing after 4 years, again! #5
I've recieved an email that was sent to me 4 years ago, in my Inbox. What causes this? The Sender is still working with me and he definitely does not have a copy of the letter. ...

how to find the operating syetem year in vba
Hello, i need to find out what the o.s. year is in vba so that i can delete tab on a sheet. my sheet has several tab, some which i don't want to delete like "ledger" "2008" and the current year "2009" if i add extra years i would like to be able to delete years "2010" + i have some code wich add the years to my sheet which basicaly copys previous years and clears all the contents and renames it to the next year, in doing so it all so adds various totals to my "ledger" sheet. For Each sh In Sheets If sh.Name = "Ledger&q...

Metrics should include both Open and Closed Year information
For example Total Receivables for Past 12 Months will show nothing for months that have been closed during the GL Year End Close process...This tool doesn't do much good if you can't see the prior year information after the Year End Close process. when I want to see Total Receivables for the Past 12 Months...after the year end close, the Past 12 Months is no longer valid, cause the metric will only show for the months that are in the GL20000 and are in an open year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the mos...

How do I eliminate the year in mm/dd/yyyy?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working with a column of dates that I need to sort by month/date, disregarding the year. Each time I add (for example) 11/3, when I click back in the cell it says 11/3/2009. I need to eliminate the year entirely, or make a custom date so that the year is always the current year. <br><br>I have clicked on an empty cell and then clicked on 3/14 in NUMBER/DATE; I have clicked on NUMBER/CUSTOM/m/d;@. I have tried NUMBER TEXT, but it sorts by 1/1 (Jan 1), 10/1 (October 1), 2/1 (February 1)d and I need t...

2008 Leap Year
Is it just me or does Excel 2007 not handle the leap year. I had a sheet where my header labels were dates every two weeks using date + 14 days. Feb 15 + 14 is the 29th, not March 1st. Running 2007 with SPs Check your calendar again. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming) "Siberian" <tmiller@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in message Is it just me or does Excel 2007 not handle the leap year. I had a sheet where my header labels were dates every two weeks using date + 14 days. Feb 15 + 14 is the 29t...

Trying to create a formula for adding and subtracting columns.
I have a class that keeps a balance of "money" they earn in school. Each week we add the total then at the end of the month they subtract thing s they bought. So I would need a formula that adds the total for four rows and then subtracts in the fifth row to give me a final total. I am new to excel and am hoping I will be able to do it without too much trouble. I am usually a pretty quick learner. Are you wanting only to make this calculation occur on demand at the end of the month? If your happy for it to just calculate as you go along then just use "=A1+...