How do I stop axis titles from overlapping with negative chart da.

The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles.  I've tried offset,
but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still
overlaps.

Hi,

You can find an explanation here.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Double click on the category titles or axis, and on the Patterns tab, for Axis Tick
Labels, choose Low.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

KarenNeedsHelp wrote:

> The negative bar charts overlap with the category titles.  I've tried offset,
> but it won't let me move the text more than '1000' units, and it still
> overlaps.

Chart Types
Is there other specialized software which would be an add-in to Excel and give me a larger variety of chart types? SigmaPlot (http://www.spssscience.com/SigmaPlot/) Amigo (http://www.threedgraphics.com/products.html), Delta Graph (http://www.spss.com/deltagraph/), and Harvard Graphics (http://www.harvardgraphics.com/) Please do not consider this as an endorsement of any particular program. Also, with a little ingenuity, one can simulate a large range of effects. See various websites for examples: mine, Jon Peltier's (www.geocities.com/jonpeltier), Stephen Bullen's (www.bmsltd....

chart templates
Hello, sorry for not knowing the exact english terms as I am using the german versions of Office. In Office 2007 chart templates exists. But I have not found the setting to change the standard folder where they are saved. Right now it is C:\Documents and settings\USERNAME \Anwendungsdaten(?)\Microsoft\Templates\Charts. How can I change that path? Only in Word 2007 you can set the standard folders. But I haven't found the appropriate setting there! I want to set the standard folder to the server so every user can use the same chart templates! If I put a template file (*.crtx) on the Se...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

How do I identify Filter criteria or variable graph title?
I have a graph at the top of a sheet. In line 20 starts data with a filter on the data elements. When I set a filter on A20, the data below is filtered and the graph above is changed. However, I want the graph title to reflect the filter selection criteria. Is this possible? ...

Chart Help -How ?
Hi, I'm a newbie with Excel & I am struggling to make this work. It's work related. I'm simply trying to show sales figures in a Pie-chart based upon the following information: Alex Frankie w/c 13/3/06 Calls made 45 70 No. not interested 10 10 No. interested 1 8 No. of call backs 34 52 Appointments made 0 1 But I can't work out how I'm going to show the legends but also including the 2 staff members. I'm sure somebody out there will have a better resolution. Thanks -- conks ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Bubble Graph where Both Axis are Categories
Hi there, I would like to use a bubble graph where the two axis are categories and not values. Only the size of the bubble will depend on values. Can anyone tell me how this works? Thanks for any hints! ...

How do I place two or more charts on a worksheet?
I can't figure out how to keep Excel 2007 overlaying a new chart on top of an existing chart in a seperate worksheet. What I would like to do is create one 8.5 x 11 worksheet with four 3 x 5 charts on it. Select each chart and move it into position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Rick@Draper" <Rick@Draper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:082C5930-64F0-4A6E-958E-967BDCCDB9C9@microsoft.com... >I can't figure out how to keep Excel 20...

Publisher files stop responding taking full resources of sysem.
While trying to open the copied version of the technical- manual, the system stops responding and shows up exhausting most of the system resources. the error that occurs occasionally is Error:-> System is not responding. The same does not happen with the original copy of the manual which works fine. Both of these contain some text and some graphics and the second one (copy) is having a few more graphics. It happens everytime when I create Publication of such kind and then save as another copy of it. The problem only occurs with the copied version. Please help as it just do...

NET Client calling Axis web service
I have a Net 2.0 client (C# Winform) calling an Axis web service. I can authenticate, and send a request that is accepted and responded to, but I cannot see the response. The return for the call to the webservice is an object. Looking at the SOAP message that comes in, I can see the response. However when I assign the response to instance of the object, the result is null. Example: 1. WorkRequestServiceImplService myRequest = new WorkRequestServiceImplService(); 2. WorkRequestTO workRequest = new WorkRequestTO(); 3. WorkRequestStatusTO workRequestStatus = new WorkRequestStatusTO(); ...

Line selection for formating in Excel chart
Have "plain vanilla" line chart in excel spread sheet. Data series consist of several lines closely space. Normally I can select and RClick a single series for formating such as line color and thickness. Is it possible to simultaneously select all data series to change a common format such as line thickness. I'd like to do this without individually selecting each line while the control key is depressed. (lazy and not that good-a shot). ~Dave Hi, No you can not select multiple series, like you can with shape objects. The only time saver is, select 1 on the series and the f...

need more infomation on scatter charts?
i tried to create scatter chart, but was not able to do becaues of lack of options and assistance. could any one please help me Hi, To create a scatter chart you need a minimum of a set of Y values. Select the row or column of cells and using the chart wizard create a xy-scatter. With only 1 set of values the chart will default to an incremental set of x values ranging from 1 to the number of cells in the Y range. If you have a set of x values as well then select both sets of data. If you have your data in 2 columns the best layout for the chart wizard is Xvalue1 Yvalue1 Xvalue2 Yvalue2...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

How do I change the scale of logrithmic curve on the x-axis?
I would like to reduce the x-axis range on a logrithmic curve from 10 to 50, but I am restricted to a scale of 10 to 100? A logarithmic scale by definition goes up in decades. You have to use multiples of 10, by this I mean 0.01, 0.1, 1, 10, 100, 1000 etc. You cannot use anything else -- Jon Quixley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jon Quixley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=465768 It's true that Excel's chart engine i...

Stacked Chart #2
Would like to have the charts largest data point on the top of the stacked chart instead of defaulting to the bottom. Other than going into data series and moving individually up or down, is there a faster way? -- Lindaslucy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lindaslucy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=564474 ...

How do I create a Line Chart (Special)
Hi there, I know how to create a line chart, what i want basically to do is create a stack chart without showing the border or colour, all i want is to show the line only ay the top of the stack. hope this makes sense. regards Harry Stacked charts in general, and stacked line charts specifically, are not very effective at showing information, but if you look at the other line chart subtypes, the two in the center column of the Chart Type dialog (when Line is selected in the list) are "stacked line" types, which only show the line for the cumulative total at each catego...

highlight areas of chart?
Hi I have a time series line chart (dates on x labels, returns on Y) can I highligh the chart in a particular date range? THANKS!! Stan Stan, Yes you can. Assume that you start with your data set up like below. The “Background” data will eventually make up the background colors. Data Background 1/1/2005 6 10 1/2/2005 8 10 1/3/2005 9 10 1/4/2005 7 1/5/2005 5 1/6/2005 6 10 1/7/2005 7 10 1/8/2005 5 10 1/9/2005 4 1/10/2005 3 Create a simple line chart. Click on the second series (the 10’s), right click you mouse, go to Chart Type -> Clustered Column. You should now have o...

Primary/Secondary Axis series count
Hi, I have a VBA function like so: Code: -------------------- Private Sub AddSeries(ByVal strName As String, ByVal rngValues As Range, ByVal rngValuesX As Range, ByVal xlAxis As XlAxisGroup) With Charts("Chart").SeriesCollection.NewSeries .AxisGroup = xlAxis .ChartType = xlLine .Name = strName .Values = rngValues .XValues = rngValuesX End With End Sub -------------------- Sometimes I add a series to the Primary Y axis and other times to the Secondary. How can I determine how many series are on the Primary and how many on the secondary????? Applicat...

how to switch the primary and secondary Y axis to opposite chart s
Using Excel 2007, evertyime I refresh pivot table data, my charts lose almost all of the formatting (ex. axis will disappear and chart type will revert from lines to columns). Most annoying problem I have when this happens is the primary Y axis moves from the left side to the right side of the chart, and when I re-introduce the secondary Y axis, it will appear on the left. How can I easily move the primary Y axis back to the left side of the chart or switch the two axes? I've tried choosing Layout - Axes to hide and re-display the axes but this did not work. Format the primary cate...

Link Chart with data cell (cl
This was your questio Hi I want to link all the points in my xychart with the rows of the data that are in the chart. i.e. after a mouseclick on the chart data the user will be redirected to the data row The idea is to create a link to a text cell, situated in the same row as the data, which explains the details to each point Thanks in advance for your help Mattia ...

Size of plot area expands when Chart Title is deleted
Hi, I have a worksheet with about 8 charts on it. On all but 1 chart, when I delete the Chart Title, the plot area expands. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I'm no chart expert and I can't seem to find any obvious setting that would control that behavior. -- TIA Chuck M. If you have not manually adjusted the plot area size, Excel considers it the default size. This default size changes based on whether there are axis titles, a chart title, and a legend. Adding or removing any of these features causes the Excel to change the plot area, To prevent this behavior, change the ...

Need NEGATIVE rule help
I want to have a rule that looks for the ABSENCE of a word. Ie, if a message does NOT contain a keyword, do something special. Outlook 2003, Sp2 Thanks... Bob S. "Bob Sisson" <bob@inspectionsbybob.com> wrote in message news:45311162$0$5909$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com... >I want to have a rule that looks for the ABSENCE of a word. > > Ie, if a message does NOT contain a keyword, do something special. > > Outlook 2003, Sp2 > > Thanks... > > Bob S. > Do the action EXCEPT if <test_condition> So instead of looking for the absence of ...

Custom Chart Templates Gone??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel In Mac Excel 2004, Custom Chart Types are available, the user can generate user-defined chart types and save them as a template for later use. I can't find this functionality in Excel for Mac 2008. I can't believe this is gone. What am I missing something? Another related question on this forum led to a solution but it was very complex. <br><br>Bob O. See the Excel Help topic "Add a custom sheet to the Elements Gallery" You simply have to save it to the correct folder: not that co...

Why are graphs/charte created in XL 2003 missing in 2007?
I have an older excel file (created in 2003) with lot's of graphs that are now missing in 2007 (blank worksheet). Is there a way to recover them? ...

chart type affecting data order
When I change the chart type from bar to line (for example), it changes the order that the data is displayed in the data table. How do I keep data in the data table in the same order that I entered it? You would have to use an alternative to a data table. Make a table in the worksheet, where you have much finer control over what appears, where it appears, and how it appears (formats). Then either situate the chart close to this table, or use the camera tool to paste a dynamic picture of the table one or near the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

Chart Data Won't Display
Hello, I've inherited a line chart. I successfully changed the data range last month by dragging the outline box. This month, though, I can drag the outline box, but in the chart, the value won't show up. Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks! ...