how do i set up a table for phone numbers

I need to make a neat phone number table, were do I start

0
Militza (1)

1.  Why not use Outlook?

2. You can format a cell for a phone number (I am using Excel 2003) with the
Format | Cells | Special Category | Phone Number type.   Just type in the
digits of the  phone number and the parentheses and dash will be added after
you press enter

"Militza" wrote:

> I need to make a neat phone number table, were do I start

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Incorrect number of unread messages in Outlook Express
I've seen this problem listed in several places, but have yet to find a satisfactory answer. Here's my sitation: I have a computer that shows an incorrect number of unread messages in the Outlook Express Inbox whenever it downloads messages. Sometimes it's only 1 more than the number it downloaded, sometimes more. I'm not subscribed to any newsgroups, nor do I have any rules or mail filters enabled, including junk mail filters. We've had this problem through two different IMAP accounts, two different ISPs, two different email addresses, and on two different Windows use...

Set a form as a subform without the Wizard?
Hello, Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I try to follow the Help system procedure it errors saying the necessary Wizard is not installed. Is it possible to do it by other means? Regards, ern. On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 00:26:16 +0100, "ernie" <ernie@unspam.co.uk> wrote: >Hello, > Using Access97, can I somehow set a form I have as a subform in another >existing form when I have the typical install and no install media? When I >try to follow the Help system pr...

Project Number Changer
Some of our clients would love to see an addition to the Professional Services Tools Library to modify project numbers in project accounting. One of our clients uses this to track organizational projects and whenever there is a department re-org, they would like to merely renumber or rename the existing projects to accomodate. Jen, I wholeheartedly agree!! Our company has 1,500+ ongoing projects for journals where the names of the journals can change over time. We would like to be able to change the Project ID and Contract ID so the acronyms used in the ID's are intuitively rala...

Multiple Numbers on ONE Label
I have several thousand labels I need to print. I would like to put up to 4 part numbers on each label (Avery 5164). These labels will placed on boxes that hold product. Some labels may only get 2 or 3 part numbers per label depending on size of the part. My part numbers are classified as S,M,L. Can this be done? Example... ABC123 - small ABC234 - large (max 2 numbers per label) ABC345 - small ABC456 - med (max 3 numbers per label) BCD123 - small BCD234 See: Print a Quantity of a Label at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-39.html The article assumes you have a Q...

Copying autonumbered paragraphs and retaining original numbers
I need to copy numbered paragraphs from multiple documents. The paragraphs are inconsistent and may be numbered using text, MS Word multi-level list styles or listnum fields. I can search the documents, find the needed paragraphs and copy them to a new document, but when I do, the numbering resets according to the destination document's contents. How do I retain the source document's numbering in the destination document so the reader can determine where in the source document the paragraph came from? Can I convert all the numbering to text before pasting without affe...

string fields in smartlist to be able to searched by number
Current functionality in Greatplains 8 only allows the user to search on a string field however when the results are returned the data included irrelevant data and not that specified in the search. Example Item number search between 1000 and 2000 Results of search on item number 1000, 100086, 100098, 2000 the results should only return 1000 and 2000. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

How do I set up a worksheet w/gridlines on top only?
I am setting up a spreadsheet w/ the top half using gridlines and the bottom half blank to type in information I need concerning the subject. I don't know how get rid of the gridlines after I'm done wi/the spreadsheet which is the top half of the page. You may be better off adding a textbox (View|Toolbars|Drawing) to add documentation. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Carla" <Carla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6173DE68-1857-479F-9049-A0A072AD537C@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a sprea...

row number
hi, i would like know how to return a row number or cell number thru macro. i read some other posts that had this issue, but i could not understan much. so i would be thankful if someone helped me with this. thanks, mac -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Mac Sure. Which row number did you have in mind ? For the active cell it's Activecell.Row and Activecell.Column. Best wishes Harald "icestationzbra >" <<icestationzbra.17yhgt@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:icestationzbra.17yhgt@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, > > i wou...

Plot a line? Set dymanic axis Max min
Hi all, two questions: 1. I have a scatter plot of returns and I want to add not a trend line but simply x=y line to my plot (and other equations) Any way to do this? 2. I need to control both my x and y axis, I want to max and min and scale numbers to be linked to a cell in my spreadsheet instead of simply being static values or auto. THANKS! Stan Stan, Regarding question 1, you can add equations to charts by plotting points in an Excel worksheet and then charting those points. For more detailed information, Stephen bullen has some excellent examples of how to plot functions . . . ...

100% stacked column chart with negative numbers
How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I create the chart it only goes up to 80% How do you want it to show? The total length (including negative amount) of the column should equal 100%. (make sure you haven't limited the scale of your y-axis) What the graph is showing you is that the positive numbers do not account for 100% of your data. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Stuck" wrote: > How do you create a 100% stacked column chart with negative numbers? After I > create th...

Pivot Table Is Not in Order
I have been given a pivot table that already had six years of data in it, and was told to add four more years data to it. I went into the source document and added everything that needed to be added in the correct places, and then refreshed the pivot table. The pivot table added all of the new data correctly except for one thing - it isn't in order. The data for years 1997 - 2003 are fine, but then the years 2004 - 2007 show up out of order (2005, 2006, 2004, 2007). Being a beginner at pivot tables still, I just can't figure this out. Has anyone ever had this problem before and c...

How do I Look up an Array/Table name
I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses a LOOKUP (array) function. I have since made added rows to the array, or range of data, that is referenced by the LOOKUP function. So now I need to redefine the range but I can't remember how to find the range that is named in the formula. How do I find this range so I can change it? insert --> name --> define "dnamertz" <dnamertz@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D:9F494493-4666-4937-9006-CD3975FCC10B@microsoft.com... >I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses a LOOKUP (array) function. I have > since made added ...

help populating appointment times in table
I will try to explain as simply as I can. I have a database that keeps client records and creates appointment dates and times after update of a provider name combobox by running a macro with several queries. Now here is where I don't know what I am doing. I have it working perfectly providing someone has not used the 9:00 spot in the appointment book because I have it defaulting to 9am. How do I add code to have the default change to a different time for any record where the 9:00 spot is already used? I am not very good with the code writing though I can manage to add a snippet in...

Changing Text to Number Problem.
I have a problem when importing information into an Excel spreadsheet. We have a system at work that has a front end Web based application (asp) that accesses an SQL database. Not all of the software is written yet, so to sort/filter data I have to copy lists of information from the Web based application to an Excel spreadsheet. Much of the information that I import (copy and paste) into the spreadsheet are hyperlinks to other information in the SQL database. To get rid of the hyperlinks once I have the list copied to my spreadsheet, I (copy and paste special, values only) the information on...

Wrong amortization table displayed for mortgage.
I have two mortgages and I noticed that only one amortization table is displayed in Money 2003. Regardless of the 'account' selected only one mortgage amortization table is displayed, always the same one. I noticed this before but let it go. Since I refinanced there are now 3 mortgages in Money, yet they all display the same amortization table (for mortgage #2). I would like to see the amortization table on the new (or old) loan on my residence.... but it is NOWHERE to be found. You're talking in the reports? Have you checked Customize for an account choice? "Larr...

In HQ make works sheets formulas go cross tables..
It would be great to have more functionality in the HQ worksheet formula's if you add a supplier and they have a lot of items, but the costs are the same, a lot of time could be saved if you could copy the cost from the standard cost. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Stacking data to show same number but different colors
I am needing to show two sets of data on a stacked bar that will reflect the total of the denominator. Example. I have 13 cases out of which 1 has a complication. I want the total on the bar to only reflect 13 but the coloring of the bars show both data points (13 and 1). Can this be done? Your stack total must be 13, so your differently formatted stacks have to be 12 and 1. Alternatively you could plot 13 and 1 as clustered columns, and set the overlap to 100. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ wiggy wrote: > I am needing to sh...

Exporting all forms record either in a table or Excel 2007.( Any m
Dear All, i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the field from each record and generate a table in access and save all the fields in a row. i.e Record 1 all fields should be saved in Table first row then record 2 in second row an so on till All records saved. Moreover Is there any alternative option that either all records fields exported to excel file. Please help Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06 wrote: >Dear All, >i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the >field from each record and generate a table...

Rounding numbers in sales receipts.
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207C0F12 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your discount question. I am not sure what you are trying to calculate; but I would recommend that you take a look at the available receipt variables: Transaction.DiscountPercent...

Numbering bugs when saving Word 2007 as Word 97-2003
Using both Word 2003 and Word 2007 on Windows XP OS Okay, I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now. but it causes a lot of extra work. Half our staff use Word 2003 (home workers) and the other half have upgraded to Word 2007. I use both Word 2003 (telecommuting) and Word 2007 (office) and I do the finalizing of these files here. We share large-document files among us, so we save the files as Word 97-2003 so everyone can access. This results in numbering getting completely out of whack after you save it and reopne. Also the heading formatting is lost sometimes (b...

I have created a custom table for SIC (standard industrial codes). I am using this table via a 'lookup' for the account and contact entities. I want to load all SIC codes into the table. Can I load the codes into the table using a straight SQL statement, or do I really need to write a program using the SDK. This data will be loaded on a one-time basis and does not change? Will doing a load directly using SQL cause a problem later on? I know that Microsoft would say to only utilize the SDK to load the data, but why? The reason why you should not directly update the da...

Subtotal percents in pivot table
I have a pivot table based on a list of data that has the following columns: Budget Category, Line Item, Budget, YTD Spent, Balance, and % Spent. Budget Category and Line Item are my row items. Sums of Budget, YTD Spent, Balance, and % Spent are my data items. The % Spent is correct for each line item but then those are all subtotaled which gives an inaccurate %. Here is what I am getting: Budget Category Line Item Budget YTD Spent Balance % Spent Personnel Jim $30,000 $2,000 $28,000 6.67% Bob ...

Journal Settings Won't Stick
Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to turn on journaling for the items in the "Also record files from:" entry. The user can turn on the setting and it will work with in that session but once Outlook is closed and reopened the checkboxes are cleared and journaling for these items stops working. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? TIA -- Rob Anyone have any ideas on this one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Rob > Working with Outlook 2007 in a corporate environment and my users want to >...

Excel2000: Is there a way to use name as parameter for ODBC query from Excel table
Hi I have an Excel workbook where dates, started from 01.01.2003 and up to some year in future (2011 at moment), along with some other information (i.e. workday/weekend/holiday, working hours etc.), are listed. This table is read into another workbook, using ODBC query. But the problem is, that I don't need all those future dates. I can't use any functions exept MIN, MAX, SUM and COUNT in query from Excel files, but is there a way to pass a name as parameter. P.e. I define a name: CurrDat=TODAY() and use it in query's WHERE condition, like .... WHERE MyTable.Datefield Is Not Null...